• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dang i really hope that there are rotating schedules in the coming seasons. kinda sucky if you play the same dudes every season!

I am in two PS3 leagues and one is in season two. Teams have the same set of teams they play, but the weeks are different. Idk how and/or why EA changed it from last year. Sucks.

smokey (and this really goes for everyone if you're doing it), cool it on the dropping back 10 yards. i said earlier that you're not going to take a sack but what i saw in the time i was watching was almost like you running back at the snap with shaub and waiting for receivers to get open. no one wants to play against that, come on brah.

3/5/7 step drops. if the blitz is bearing down on you i get it but doing it a bunch just shouldn't happen

bluemax

Banned
I have learned a lot about what it takes to be elite tonight and now I know why I everyone uses the Texans playbook. Seems to have a lot of the sneaky shit in it that all those Youtube money play videos recommend!

BigAT

IHkpo.jpg

LukeSmith

bluemax said:
I have learned a lot about what it takes to be elite tonight and now I know why I everyone uses the Texans playbook. Seems to have a lot of the sneaky shit in it that all those Youtube money play videos recommend!

I told everyone at the beginning of the year it was the best book in the game. Now ya'all see why.

Btw, game should be replayed with new dropback rules.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
smokey (and this really goes for everyone if you're doing it), cool it on the dropping back 10 yards. i said earlier that you're not going to take a sack but what i saw in the time i was watching was almost like you running back at the snap with shaub and waiting for receivers to get open. no one wants to play against that, come on brah.

3/5/7 step drops. if the blitz is bearing down on you i get it but doing it a bunch just shouldn't happen

Ok.

bluemax said:
I was pretty impressed! You stood in the pocket like a champ and delivered some insane passes. Very un Jake Locker like.

why thank you. On my first INT I thought I was going to be able to throw it over the top of the corner who was playing a zone to hit Kenny on a corner route but that wasn't working out. And on the second one I thought Kenny would get enough separation from the CB on a 1 v 1 In route, well fuck Kenny he didn't

Smokey

So. Drop back.

Someone please post a gif showing just how far I go back. It's funny that I'm supposed to just stand there and get beat down when my oline breaks down.

LukeSmith

Smokey said:
So. Drop back.

Someone please post a gif showing just how far I go back. It's funny that I'm supposed to just stand there and get beat down when my oline breaks down.

I don't think anyone fraps'd your livestream.

It was a pretty unanimous sentiment though. Just practice you know, sim drop backs. Your O-line is elite, you just have the "Imagines Pressure: ALWAYS" trait.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Smokey said:
So. Drop back.

Your o-line is breaking down because thats whats programmed to happen when you drop back like you do. problem is that you can drop back faster than the D-Line can get there. Your creating the issue.

In NCAA it was better because the DE's would be on your ass in a second if you did that. Its far more forgiving here.

Smokey

I'm listening.

FMT also has no way to enforce this rule. He won't know if somebody is dropping back or not so I'll just stop streaming my games since it's basically aimed at me.

It's not ok to drop back but it's ok to run to the sidelines and launch passes to the other side of the field.

got it

LukeSmith

CB3 said:
Your o-line is breaking down because thats whats programmed to happen when you drop back like you do. problem is that you can drop back faster than the D-Line can get there. Your creating the issue.

In NCAA it was better because the DE's would be on your ass in a second if you did that. Its far more forgiving here.

This explains why Smokey hates NCAA

Smokey said:
So. Drop back.

i don't even touch the left stick on the initial drop back ever. the computer will drop back for you and then you can concentrate on scanning the field. if the pressure is getting in then, i start moving around

p.s. kapernick on the probowl team now! but for how long :(

CB3

Smokey said:
I'm listening.

FMT also has no way to enforce this rule. He won't know if somebody is dropping back or not so I'll just stop streaming my games since it's basically aimed at me.

It's not ok to drop back but it's ok to run to the sidelines and launch passes to the other side of the field.

got it

Your opponent will dime you out. It happens.

Dont get so defensive bruh. This isnt something new. Ive been telling you this since i was trying to coach you to a win over FMT in NCAA.

Smokey

Wait me running back and waiting for receivers to get open FMT? Are you serious? That's pretty shameful to say I even play like that but whatever. You're insinuating that I hold RT and run back. The Texans have tons of plays that take a long time to develop. You guys do all types of crazy blitzes so what I'm supposed to just stand there. Is this for real?

And I'm not getting defensive CB. It's just obvious this is aimed at me. But then when people are running to the sidelines and launching passes which happens pretty damn often, that shit needs to be addressed to.

CB3

Smokey said:
What me running back and waiting for receivers to get open? Are you serious? That's pretty shameful to say I even play like that but whatever. You're insinuating that I hold RT and run back. The Texans have tons of plays that take a long time to develop. You guys do all types of crazy blitzes so what I'm supposed to just stand there. Is this for real?

And I'm not getting defensive CB.

Its sim. You hardly ever see guys drop back that far in real life. if they do its because someone is on their ass immediately.

Its why when Vick starts getting his ass hit a ton, they give him more 3 step drop passing plays. they dont tell him "yo drop back 15 yards and see what happens from there"

CB3

thecoldone33 (11:56:45 AM): call a TO
thecoldone33 (12:01:03 PM): stop dropping back!
thecoldone33 (12:01:08 PM): there wasnt even pressure there
dboythagr8 (12:01:15 PM): yes
dboythagr8 (12:01:16 PM): there was
thecoldone33 (12:01:22 PM): he rushed 3
thecoldone33 (12:01:23 PM): LOL
dboythagr8 (12:01:25 PM): dude was in my face
dboythagr8 (12:01:27 PM): did u not c
thecoldone33 (12:01:32 PM): cause you dropped back
dboythagr8 (12:01:40 PM): no
thecoldone33 (12:01:46 PM): trust me
thecoldone33 (12:01:49 PM): if you took a step up
dboythagr8 (12:01:49 PM): i will beat fmt 2nd half
thecoldone33 (12:01:53 PM): he would have been blocked
dboythagr8 (12:01:55 PM): ok
dboythagr8 (12:01:57 PM): 2nd half
dboythagr8 (12:02:01 PM): i will listen
thecoldone33 (12:02:15 PM): your dropping back like Vick in madden 04

Via:Sunday, July 17, 2011

Smokey

goldlion054 said:
Lets not jump to extremes here. These streams are great. Its bonding time for Madden Gaf through the stream chat

Nah it's aimed at me. FMT has NO WAY to enforce this unless somebody tells on somebody else. I'm the only person that streams so I get a rule, when plenty of stuff goes down in the game and nobody goes and says shit unless it's absolutely extreme.

He has no way to enforce this other then when I stream my games.

FMT saying that I pretty much run back and wait to pass is a lie and straight disrespectful.

LukeSmith

Smokey said:
Nah it's aimed at me. FMT has NO WAY to enforce this unless somebody tells on somebody else. I'm the only person that streams so I get a rule, when plenty of stuff goes down in the game and nobody goes and says shit unless it's absolutely extreme.

He has no way to enforce this other then when I stream my games.

It's as enforceable as all of the other Sim rules in the league, this just gets added to the list. All you did was expose the issue to the league. You're basically a hero and now the rule gets named after you - The Smokey Rule

Smokey

LukeSmith said:
It's as enforceable as all of the other Sim rules in the league, this just gets added to the list. All you did was expose the issue to the league. You're basically a hero and now the rule gets named after you - The Smokey Rule

It's cool. I'll work on it.

Just let me know when playoffs start, I'm bailing out of here for a while.

Smokey

So I just watched the majority of the plays in the game. When I call the play I back up to get behind my RB who is in pass protection, and either step horizontally to the left or right depending on where the pressure is coming from. On PA I'm already back far as it is because of the play and sometimes I took a couple of steps back to buy more time as PA is touchy as it is. Same with Shotgun. I counted 3 times that was a drop back other than what I just mentioned above.

So ya'll are telling me that I'm supposed to just stand there (stationary) and not move around at all because Schaub has Vick like speed right?

CB3

I have Vick and i let the CPU drop him back 90% of the time.

Actually i hardly ever move out of the pocket unless ive already decided to run it

LukeSmith

Doesn't really seem worth arguing about, the Smokey Rule has been enacted. Do whatever you feel like you have to if it happens in game boyos!

CB3

Smokey said:
You do the those 4 white jerseys breaking towards the QB right?

You do see they broke AFTER you took 3 steps back after the initial PA dropback right?

Smokey

CB3 said:
You do see they broke AFTER you took 3 steps back after the initial PA dropback right?

Yep. You're right. I appreciate the help from you and others to try and make me a better player.

Every game from now on will be streamed. If I'm gonna get put on blast so who is whomever I play against.

Although it's funny nobody mentions pheeniks manually controlling the receiver to attempt to make a catch which I'm pretty sure you all saw and is "technically" breaking the rules, but doesn't get brought up. Hm. Which is exactly my point. If this game wasn't streamed nobody would've said anything and I wouldn't of ran to FMT about it. So there's really no way to enforce this unless somebody goes to FMT.

Smokey said:
Yep. You're right. I appreciate the help from you and others to try and make me a better player.

Every game from now on will be streamed. If I'm gonna get put on blast so who is whomever I play against.

Although it's funny nobody mentions pheeniks manually controlling the receiver to attempt to make a catch which I'm pretty sure you all saw and is "technically" breaking the rules, but doesn't get brought up. Hm. Which is exactly my point. If this game wasn't streamed nobody would've said anything and I wouldn't of ran to FMT about it. So there's really no way to enforce this unless somebody goes to FMT.

lol quit being a whiny bitch. you won. that was one play

Top Bottom