• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

daw840

For ph33nix it was the biggest game of the season against his most hated bully of an opponent, Smokey. He had finally gained of acceptance of the popular kids in the Madden thread. This game could have been the turning point, could have cemented him as one of the guys.

For Smokey though, it was Thursday.

Smokey

ph33nix said:
If you don't care what word I used then why bring it up over and over again?

Because calling somebody a bully was pretty god damn lame. Then after you switched words to pussy (in bold here to show all your friends that you're standing up to the bully), I stated I don't care what word you use. It was only after you switched "insults" that I made that comment.

LukeSmith

I just want to again point out that I have never beaten Balb, I am not rising up into the playoffs at all.

Everyone else can keep going now.

Also: Baaaaaaalllbbbbb where are you and your four plays

Smokey said:
Because calling somebody a bully was pretty god damn lame. Then after you switched words to pussy (in bold here to show all your friends that you're standing up to the bully), I stated I don't care what word you use. It was only after you switched "insults" that I made that comment.

Want to know what else is lame? Declaring a win and talking shit against a 5-10 team. Bussy.

I seriously had no idea you were so....sensitive with words. I'll really have to watch what I say from now on!

daw840 said:
For ph33nix it was the biggest game of the season against his most hated bully of an opponent, Smokey. He had finally gained of acceptance of the popular kids in the Madden thread. This game could have been the turning point, could have cemented him as one of the guys.

For Smokey though, it was Thursday.

If watching him get touchy all night and morning means it's just Thursday, then I hope every day is Thursday

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wtf just happened.

In Smokeys defense we talked a good amount of shit on AIM. I'm pretty sure he did guarantee a win too. He nailed me when he said that I needed the W to keep my playoff hopes alive, to him it was just another game. He said it before the game so it's not like it was CYA BS. Had no reasonable response to that lol

Also, with that win Smokey clinched the AFC South and at worst the #3 seed.

Birdman02

bluemax said:
It amazes me that after 5 years of being in this league we can't get through one year without someone trying to Ando/Birdman/Konex/Shawnhann/Vumpler this league. I don't get it. I thought the whole point of playing in this league was to avoid cheesy bullshit.

Don't lump me into that crew. Birdbomb was the problem child...not me.

DCX

DCX
Birdman02 said:
Don't lump me into that crew. Birdbomb was the problem child...not me.
I knew that didn't sound right...although I'm beginning to think you gamesharked me last week ;)

DCX

LiveWire

Mrbob said:
Must be nice to be able to throw the ball between three defenders and still have the receiver catch it. That throw is an int for my team at worst, hit and ball dropped at best.

I know what I need.

He's throwing to Gonzalez. High AWR (95) is your friend!!

bluemax

Banned
Also THE ALBATROSS! I can play tonight, but only if you're willing to wait until after the USC game (or until they go up by 3 TDs). Otherwise I can play pretty much any time tomorrow but I want to watch the Bama vs LSU game.

LiveWire

The receiver. If you're controlling a DB yourself then you have a chance to stop something like that. It's part of the reason why CB is so successful in the secondary, he will go to the normal spots where a receiver will make their break or where the ball is usually going to end up on most routes. If you're letting the CPU DB try to cover a high AWR receiver, good luck.

Oh and speaking of CB, I'm around tonight after 6:30 Pacific to play our game.

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
The receiver. If you're controlling a DB yourself then you have a chance to stop something like that. It's part of the reason why CB is so successful in the secondary, he will go to the normal spots where a receiver will make their break or where the ball is usually going to end up on most routes. If you're letting the CPU DB try to cover a high AWR receiver, good luck.

Yea but there was like three defenders there..his awr can't be the reason that was completed..maybe the defenders awr are shit.

That pass would be an int 9/10 times, trust me I've tried lol I think trying to figure out what the ratings mean will give us headaches. Wellie broken down attributes scientificly and it led to no where, no real tangible evidence.

There has to be something to awareness. It's just seems like an arbitrary stat to jot have it matter. Maybe some type of multiplier of other stats.

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
LiveWire said:

On a normal route without the QB scrambling, I don't think AWR matters much, not nearly as much as route running, catch, and catch in traffic.

DCX said:
For who? The DBs or LBs? That ball had no business becoming a completed pass.

DCX

I think my defensive backs are just that terrible. Cortland Finnegan blows. I should have fleeced FMT back when we were talking trades :(

LukeSmith

levious said:
On a normal route without the QB scrambling, I don't think AWR matters much, not nearly as much as route running, catch, and catch in traffic.

Livewire's overrating of AWR goes way back. Truly this is Madden 10.2

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
I think my defensive backs are just that terrible. Cortland Finnegan blows. I should have fleeced FMT back when we were talking trades :(
Eh. The distance thay 15 yard pass had to travel was more like 22 yard and it wasn't a bullet..your user lb was a step slow..the other defender was right there and a cb coverage the rb on a route that caused the crowd there should have attempted something.

Eh oh well.

DCX

LiveWire

levious said:

Top 25 league leading receivers and their AWR rating:

Dallas Clark TE 93
Marcedes Lewis TE 88
Andre Johnson WR 92
Roddy White WR 90
Jacob Tamme TE 80
Antonio Gates TE 95
Vernon Davis TE 77
Reggie Wayne WR 98
Leonard Pope TE 75
Kenny Britt WR 73
Visanthe Shiancoe TE 81
Dwayne Bowe WR 87
Danny Amendola WR 80
Julio Jones WR 57
Braylon Edwards WR 79
Mike Sims-Walker WR 76
Mike Wallace WR 81
Pierre Garcon WR 80
Anquan Boldin WR 87
Calvin Johnson Jr. WR 81
Heath Miller TE 85
Jason Witten TE 94
Tony Gonzalez TE 95
Dustin Keller TE 74
Sidney Rice WR 80

With Julio Jones being the only exception to the rule.

It may not be the only thing, but I don't think it's a coincidence. If someone starts leading the league or even top 5 with a 50 AWR WR/TE, then I'll shut up about this.

BigAT

LiveWire said:
Top 25 league leading receivers and their AWR rating:

With Julio Jones being the only exception to the rule.

It may not be the only thing, but I don't think it's a coincidence. If someone starts leading the league or even top 5 with a 50 AWR WR/TE, then I'll shut up about this.
The best rated players are given great AWR by Donnie, no shock about that. Recompile this list next year when the rookies are inserted into the league and there will be a ton of players on it with awful AWR that are leading the league.

levious

Live,

Consider a RB I have, 45 AWR, yet 70+ in all the receiving categories. He's good enough to play receiver, catches in coverage, footwork on the sideline, etc. His low awr doesn't affect his play, much like future rookies like BigAT mentioned.

eznark

Banned
Three tries, three fails. Fucking Madden.

I can play pretty much anytime the rest of the night. Tomorrow I'll be in Indianapolis for the marathon all day long and Sunday is football. Won't be able to play til Monday if we can't get it in today.

LiveWire

BigAT said:
The best rated players are given great AWR by Donnie, no shock about that. Recompile this list next year when the rookies are inserted into the league and there will be a ton of players on it with awful AWR that are leading the league.

OK, I will recompile next year and we'll see what happens.

levious

LiveWire said:
OK, I will recompile next year and we'll see what happens.

what are the CTH or RTE ratings for your top 25 as of now? Just doesn't show much to only list one.

I'd be surprised if anyone has a low CTH rating in that top 25.

DCX

DCX
levious said:
what are the CTH or RTE ratings for your top 25 as of now? Just doesn't show much to only list one.

Julios catch isn't that great nor his route. His speed is what helps when breaks a screen or a slant and breaks a tackle. Dude has 1000 yards, almost 700 of them yac

DCX

levious

DCX said:
Julios catch isn't that great nor his route. His speed is what helps when breaks a screen or a slant and breaks a tackle. Dude has 1000 yards, almost 700 of them yac

DCX

is it 50? I'm only arguing that AWR is less important for a WR than CTH, RTE, CIT, SPC.

LukeSmith

levious said:

I'm guessing Garcon is among the worst on that list and he's still totally serviceable:
78 catch 78 rte 77 cit

DCX said:

DCX

This is because of your gadget-ass screen game that ITN showed doesn't work in the redzone. YAC will be down next year when you graduate to something more adult as an offense.

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
I'm guessing Garcon is among the worst on that list and he's still totally serviceable:
78 catch 78 rte 77 cit
Exactly the point. You could slot in a 5th round pick on his 60 with similar number and still get good- great production.

DCX

Ramirez

Smokey said:
45-7

Such a defensive innovator.

You beat me while I was holding a toddler. *golfclap*

Let me say, this isn't me saying I will beat you in different circumstances, we've been pretty even over the years, but you're crazy if you think you'll blow me out like that again.

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
78 catch 78 rte 77 cit

This is because of your gadget-ass screen game that ITN showed doesn't work in the redzone. YAC will be down next year when you graduate to something more adult as an offense.
Agreed.

DCX

daw840

LukeSmith said:
78 catch 78 rte 77 cit

Gadgets like moving 3 TEs pre-snap to break the man coverage?

LiveWire

2cy42oj.png

Garcon has an overall rating of 82, Hankerson 67.

Oh man so much gold in the last page.
Pheeniks is butt hurt over a loss but smoked being reduced to lebron is lol worthy.
Cb3, I thoroughly disappointed you didn't give me the drama signal up on this bitch. Smh

levious

LiveWire said:
Garcon has an overall rating of 82, Hankerson 67.

what's your point? 53 RTE...

I didn't think we were talking about the importance of AWR when figuring into OVR, just actually playmaking ability in game.

Top Bottom