• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Smokey said:
Yep. You're right. I appreciate the help from you and others to try and make me a better player.

Every game from now on will be streamed. If I'm gonna get put on blast so who is whomever I play against.

Although it's funny nobody mentions pheeniks manually controlling the receiver to attempt to make a catch which I'm pretty sure you all saw and is "technically" breaking the rules, but doesn't get brought up. Hm. Which is exactly my point. If this game wasn't streamed nobody would've said anything and I wouldn't of ran to FMT about it. So there's really no way to enforce this unless somebody goes to FMT.

He did it once and its understandable because it happens sometimes on a bang-bang plays. It was more of a mistake than anything im guessing since there havent really been any reports of user catching against anyone.

LukeSmith

1zn1o4h.jpg

LukeSmith

Smokey said:
Yep. You're right. I appreciate the help from you and others to try and make me a better player.

Every game from now on will be streamed. If I'm gonna get put on blast so who is whomever I play against.

Although it's funny nobody mentions pheeniks manually controlling the receiver to attempt to make a catch which I'm pretty sure you all saw and is "technically" breaking the rules, but doesn't get brought up. Hm. Which is exactly my point. If this game wasn't streamed nobody would've said anything and I wouldn't of ran to FMT about it. So there's really no way to enforce this unless somebody goes to FMT.

The "Smokey drops back like he's playing Madden 06" meme existed before you streamed. Now it just is a rule like "don't manual catch." It's really just a spirit of the league thing, in these times I'm sure Konex would struggle with dropping back too (Balb does!)

I probably won't play any game that's being streamed until every game is being streamed in Madden '23. Sim it!

Smokey said:
A violation is a violation and should be reported.

Hey Pheenix, quit fucking manually catching. Don't be an asshole.

bluemax

Banned
It amazes me that after 5 years of being in this league we can't get through one year without someone trying to Ando/Birdman/Konex/Shawnhann/Vumpler this league. I don't get it. I thought the whole point of playing in this league was to avoid cheesy bullshit.

DCX

DCX
Wow, just wow!!! Things i miss when i go to sleep :/

DM, can you play tonight? Looking to go out with a bang!

DCX

Striker

Aw we simmed :(

Ramirez, what is your availability like in the 7-9:30 PM ET hours? I might be able to go then. Maybe this game my defense will tackle.

Just noticed this from my Google+ (lul) instant uploads:
4nCd1l.jpg

Back when I was playing FMT for the second time, I scored first and took a picture of my screen as proof. Hahahaha

The thing about those gifs that they're posting with the long drop backs....those passes should have been deflected or something by the secondary. how he squeezes that in from way back there is beyond me.

Smokey said:
A violation is a violation and should be reported.

Yes, that's true. But I usually wait until I see it two times before I complain. It happens once and you throw a hissy fit....I know you were very sensitive to potentially losing last night, you were looking for a single thing to complain about and run away with if things didn't go your way.

daw840

Honestly that GIF doesn't look bad at all. The CPU made Schaub drop back to where he was and Smokey just moved back and left about 2 yards (maybe 3)...IDK, PA passes especially seem like the D Line is immediately in your grille 99% of the time.

Smokey

ph33nix said:
The thing about those gifs that they're posting with the long drop backs....those passes should have been deflected or something by the secondary. how he squeezes that in from way back there is beyond me.

Yes, that's true. But I usually wait until I see it two times before I complain. It happens once and you throw a hissy fit....I know you were very sensitive to potentially losing last night, you were looking for a single thing to complain about and run away with if things didn't go your way.

WTF is this?

So if you would've caught the ball manually and scored, what, you would've given the points back? Or just dropped to the ground? Give me a break. Your guy was breaking inside and you QB happened to over throw it but he was open. If he would've caught it and scored then what? "Opps, it was one time, I'm sorry but I'm gonna take these points here".

If everybody else wants to say crap then I'm going to do the same. If you would've won you would've won, but you weren't going to. I said that last week after I lost by 1 to Luke. I beat you 45-10 the first time, there was no reason to think the second time would be any different despite your rise to Madden GAF darling status.

daw said:
Honestly that GIF doesn't look bad at all. The CPU made Schaub drop back to where he was and Smokey just moved back and left about 2 yards (maybe 3)...IDK, PA passes especially seem like the D Line is immediately in your grille 99% of the time.

I said there were 3-4 times were I unintentionally dropped back too far after looking at all of my plays from last nights game. The other times were me taking a couple steps back or to the left or right to get behind my RB who was picking up blocks, or for what you just said regarding PA.

But whatever apparently I've been making life harder on myself for "breaking the pocket", and yet have still been able to do alright this season. I will correct it for playoffs and Season 2.

Smokey said:
If everybody else wants to say crap then I'm going to do the same. If you would've won you would've won, but you weren't going to. I said that last week after I lost by 1 to Luke. I beat you 45-10 the first time, there was no reason to think the second time would be any different despite your rise to Madden GAF darling status.

You're going to get killed in the playoffs because you are incredibly overrated...by yourself. Well how about that?

Cocky talk is easy after you win a game where you yourself implemented a new rule, AND you're literally talking shit to a guy who was 5-9-1. That's a game you're supposed to win given that you can throw to AJ80 anytime and have him make a miracle route run and catch for you. But that's usually what bullies do; they can only deal with people who they have beaten. Against guys better? You're going to fold and lose like usual.

Smokey

ph33nix said:
You're going to get killed in the playoffs because you are incredibly overrated...by yourself. Well how about that?

Cocky talk is easy after you win a game where you yourself implemented a new rule, AND you're literally talking shit to a guy who was 5-9-1. That's a game you're supposed to win given that you can throw to AJ80 anytime and have him make a miracle route run and catch for you. But that's usually what bullies do; they can only deal with people who they have beaten. Against guys better? You're going to fold and lose like usual.

Ok then let me get killed in the playoffs dude, it's better than not making it at all. Incredibly overrated yet both times you got shit on. Even with me dropping back a billion yards and essentially helping your defense out, I still completed passes. Come harder than that.

I like how when I say I'm going to win "that's talking shit". It's a game I'm supposed to win LIKE YOU SAID, and I said I would so WTF are you bitching about? I bring up a valid point about your attempted manual catch and of couse you don't respond. Instead it's "Smokey is bulling me, oh no"!. I don't give enough shits in the world to worry about you. Don't pump yourself up and believe I do. Learn to differentiate when somebody is responding to what you say, and when someone is talking shit.

I have a right to respond to anything you all say. Sorry I don't sit here and let it slide by.

daw840

You know what's bullshit? You rollin around Houston with Laker flags on your BMW. You should be fucking ashamed. You're dead to me.

Smokey said:
Ok then let me get killed in the playoffs dude, it's better than not making it at all. Incredibly overrated yet both times you got shit on. Even with me dropping back a billion yards and essentially helping your defense out, I still completed passes. Come harder than that.

I like how when I say I'm going to win "that's talking shit". It's a game I'm supposed to win LIKE YOU SAID, and I said I would so WTF are you bitching about? I bring up a valid point about your attempted manual catch and of couse you don't respond. Instead it's "Smokey is bulling me, oh no"!. I don't give enough shits in the world to worry about you that much don't flatter yourself.

I have a right to respond to anything you all say. Sorry I don't sit here and let it slide by.

Yes you are overrated. That fact doesn't change if you beat me or not. Say what you want about me, but you apparently are thrilled to beat a 5-10-1 team. Congrats you deserve ALL THE PRAISE!

And dropping back a million yards....does not help my defense out. Especially when my fat ass defensive linemen have to travel farther to get to you. Why do you think everyone is complaining about it?

And maybe I didn't respond because I was uh, in the middle of a game and I already knew I made a mistake. You didn't need to point it out. But you were SO worried about losing that you had to.

I don't give enough shits in the world to worry about you that much don't flatter yourself.

Oh really?

LOL

Smokey

Yes pheeniks. I am responding to people questioning what happened last night. You said I was being a bully to you. Then I said..."I don't give enough shits in the world to worry about you that much, don't flatter yourself". Meaning...I do not care enough about YOU to sit here and try to "bully" you, which by the way is pretty lame in itself to say.

Yes pheeniks, I am thrilled to beat a 5-10 team because that game has implications for myself and others with regards to the AFC playoff race. Is it my fault that you are 5-10? No it is yours. I don't have control over what your record is. And I'm not talking about responding in the middle of the game, I'm talking about a few posts up where I made mention of what you would've done if you would've caught that manual catch. You did not respond to that. Instead you go to "derp you're overrated", "derp you're going to get killed" herp derp.

Did I draw it out long enough for you to understand?

Smokey said:
Yes pheeniks. I am responding to people questioning what happened last night. You said I was being a bully to you. Then I said..."I don't give enough shits in the world to worry about you that much, don't flatter yourself". Meaning...I do not care enough about YOU to sit here and try to "bully" you, which by the way is pretty lame in itself to say. Yes pheeniks, I am thrilled to beat a 5-10 team because that gets me into the playoffs. Is it my fault that you are 5-10? No it is yours. I don't have control over what your record is.

Did I draw it out long enough for you to understand?

You say you don't care, yet you keep pointing out my record as if you think it's going to get to me as much as we're all getting to you....bro I was out of the playoffs long ago. But if you want to keep pointing out YOU ARE 5-10-1 AND I JUST BEAT YOU!!!!! Then keep doing so. Championship talk right there!

Hey, why don't you aggressively guarantee a win against another division rival in Luke or a league elite in Rors instead of guaranteeing one over a previously 5-9-1 team? Oh because you're not as good as they are.

And yes you drew your cock out long enough for me to understand, all the cock-slapping on a 5-10-1 team hurts so bad.

Smokey

ph33nix said:
You say you don't care, yet you keep pointing out my record as if you think it's going to get to me as much as we're all getting to you....bro I was out of the playoffs long ago. But if you want to keep pointing out YOU ARE 5-10-1 AND I JUST BEAT YOU!!!!! Then keep doing so. Championship talk right there!

Hey, why don't you aggressively guarantee a win against another division rival in Luke or a league elite in Rors instead of guaranteeing one over a previously 5-9-1 team? Oh because you're not as good as they are.

Pheeniks you dumb fuck...I GUARANTEED a win over you because I HAD TO HAVE IT TO GET INTO THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!! I didn't have to beat Luke or Rors I had to defeat the Tennessee Titans aka = YOU. Hello that's why I GUARANTEED I would beat you because I didn't have a choice if I wanted a chance to keep playing.

Second. I didn't even bring up your record YOU DID. You brought up the fact that you were 5-9-1, not me. Are you really this dumb? Or am I "bullying" you too much?

Oh look you did it again:

pheeniks said:
And yes you drew your cock out long enough for me to understand, all the cock-slapping on a 5-10-1 team hurts so bad.

I don't care! I've not once brought up your record in this discussion.

My god

Smokey said:
Pheeniks you dumb fuck...I GUARANTEED a win over you because I HAD TO HAVE IT TO GET INTO THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!! I didn't have to beat Luke or Rors I had to defeat the Tennessee Titans aka = YOU. Hello that's why I GUARANTEED I would beat you because I didn't have a choice if I wanted a chance to keep playing. I didn't even bring up your record YOU DID. You brought up the fact that you were 5-9-1, not me. Are you really this dumb? Or am I "bullying" you too much?

My god

Uh, at the end of the day, you guaranteed a win over a 5-9-1 team, REALLY BOLD THERE, it doesn't matter if you needed to point it out, the facts were already there.

MY GOD

Smokey said:
Stop trying to blame me for you being 5-10, I don't care! I've not once brought up your record in this discussion.

hahahahah nobody is blaming anyone for being 5-10. Only that it's pathetic to guarantee a win over a team with that record. Learn to read.

Smokey

ph33nix said:
Uh, at the end of the day, you guaranteed a win over a 5-9-1 team, REALLY BOLD THERE, it doesn't matter if you needed to point it out, the facts were already there.

MY GOD

And you bring up your record again. I'm done. If Wellington was the last game and I HAD to win to even have a chance to make it in playoffs I would've said the same thing. If Luke was I would've done the same thing. Luke and I talk shit all the time over AIM. Rors is about to be 16-0, EVERYBODY HAS LOST TO HIM. I am not sure what you're point is there.

Again....I never even thought of your record. I thought of you as an opponent who I had to get a W against to make it to the playoffs. Everybody knows that the last 4 weeks you have played better than you have in the first half of the season, and knocking off good players along the way.

You're really making it seem like you got picked on or something back in your day. From me responding to your posts as "bullying" or "shit-talking" to me cock-slapping you in the face.

Apologies smokey, i did make it sound like you jammed on RT and scrambled around and that is exaggerating a lot. And you arent the only one who does this. Just wanted to put it out tgere to try and play sim with 3/5/7 step drops (except on screens!)

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
I hate to say it but you sound like LeBron after game 6. So salty and sensitive!
Holy shitttt!!!! Quoted and saved for when the NBA starts up again.

Smokey, you beat a team with nice wins, but he is 5-10. Luke beat you to ice his playoff life and you beat phee.

Regardless of the implications you beat a lesser team and lesser owner ( no offense )

Luke and Wellie rising high into the playoffs beating tough teams to get in, you lost to Wellie, beat me, lost to Luke and beat phee.

I wouldn't be to happy friend.

Now back to the business at hand, do you have enough cap room to resign Foster and Tony G?

Also how elite is Scuabs speed that you can moonwalk that far and still have time to step into a throw? How elite is your oline?!?!

DCX

DCX said:

Smokey, you beat a team with nice wins, but he is 5-10. Luke beat you to ice his playoff life and you beat phee.

Regardless of the implications you beat a lesser team and lesser owner ( no offense )

Luke and Wellie rising high into the playoffs beating tough teams to get in, you lost to Wellie, beat me, lost to Luke and beat phee.

Now back to the business at hand, do you have enough cap room to resign Foster and Tony G?

Also how elite is Scuabs speed that you can moonwalk that far and still have time to step into a throw? How elite is your oline?!?!

DCX

Lol this is funny coming from you with an elite squad and out of playoff contention since week 8

Smokey said:
And you bring up your record again. I'm done. If Wellington was the last game and I HAD to win to even have a chance to make it in playoffs I would've said the same thing. If Luke was I would've done the same thing. Luke and I talk shit all the time over AIM. Rors is about to be 16-0, EVERYBODY HAS LOST TO HIM. I am not sure what you're point is there.

Smokey said:
This shit cray. I'm glad we have ppl who take the time to do this. I'm probably going to lose to Luke (bc of bf3 and he is elite with manning) but I will not, under any circumstance lose to the pheeniks titans.

That's my point right there. Can't beat big Luke so you give sissy talk. But when it comes to the 5-10 Titans? I WILL NOT LOSE TO HIM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!

Mrbob

TheCrow said:

Must be nice to be able to throw the ball between three defenders and still have the receiver catch it. That throw is an int for my team at worst, hit and ball dropped at best.

I know what I need.

Smokey

DCX said:

DCX

You play who's on your schedule. I didn't HAVE to beat Wellie. It would've just cemented playoff status earlier. I didn't HAVE to beat Luke, by virute of his loss in week 15 as well. I did HAVE to beat pheeniks because of all the crazy tie breaking shit going on that has been well documented the past few days.

There's a difference between hoping and wanting to win, but not necessarily needing to. Pheeniks happened to be the last one on the schedule and I needed to beat him and so I did and that's that.

As for business I'm not resigning Tony G. Owen Daniels will be back next season.

ph33nix said:
That's my point right there. Can't beat big Luke so you give sissy talk. But when it comes to the 5-10 Titans? I WILL NOT LOSE TO HIM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!

What's your point? Have you not missed the fact that everybody says stupid shit in here just to say it? Like Luke saying he's going for a draft position or Marino's record because "he's not going to get a spot". Worst case scenario I lost to Luke (which happened), then I would have to beat you to get in hence under any circumstances comment.

Also not sure why you give a fuck so much about me and what we do over here, but alright my man.

Smokey said:
You play who's on your schedule. I didn't HAVE to beat Wellie. It would've just cemented playoff status earlier. I didn't HAVE to beat Luke, by virute of his loss in week 15 as well. I did HAVE to beat pheeniks because of all the crazy tie breaking shit going on that has been well documented the past few days.

There's a difference between hoping and wanting to win, but not necessarily needing to. Pheeniks happened to be the last one on the schedule and I needed to beat him and so I did and that's that.

As for business I'm not resigning Tony G. Owen Daniels will be back next season.

That's a pretty pathetic cop-out. You didn't HAVE to beat them....yeah, they're only the dudes who are competing with you for playoff spots.

The only reason you HAD to beat me, was because you couldn't beat them.

Smokey

daw840 said:
Damn...this whole page is a like a stoppable force and a movable object gently bumped each other.

It really is. I won, he didn't so it's a wrap here.

I can't believe I was accused of being a "bully" or compared to a bully in a Madden thread on a message board lol.

Smokey said:
It really is. I won, he didn't so it's a wrap here.

I can't believe I was accused of being a "bully" on message board lol

Fine you don't want me to use the word bully?

Ok, you're a giant pussy then. Next time try the tough pre-game talk against an elite opponent who you're fighting with for a playoff spot, instead of against a team out of the playoffs who you have to beat because you were incapable of handling business against legitimate teams.

---Excellent edit there. You're learning how to finally read!

Smokey

ph33nix said:
Fine you don't want me to use the word bully?

Ok, you're a giant pussy then. Next time try the tough pre-game talk against an elite opponent who you're fighting with for a playoff spot, instead of against a team out of the playoffs who you have to beat because you were incapable of handling business against legitimate teams.

---Excellent edit there. You're learning how to finally read!

Uh oh, you finally slapped the bully back! Go pheeniks go! Show everybody that you can do it!

I don't really care what word you use. Pussy, Bully, Overrated. It's all amusing that you give this giant fuck about me and think I give the same giant fuck about you back. Bu bu bu why are you responding? Because it's a Friday here at work.

Smokey said:
Uh oh, you finally slapped the bully back! Go pheeniks go! Show everybody that you can do it!

I don't really care what word you use.
Pussy, Bully, Overrated. It's all amusing that you give this giant fuck about me and think I give the same giant fuck about you back. Bu bu bu why are you responding? Because it's a Friday here at work.

If you don't care what word I used then why bring it up over and over again?

Smokey said:
Yes pheeniks. I am responding to people questioning what happened last night. You said I was being a bully to you. Then I said..."I don't give enough shits in the world to worry about you that much, don't flatter yourself". Meaning...I do not care enough about YOU to sit here and try to "bully" you, which by the way is pretty lame in itself to say.

Smokey said:
Second. I didn't even bring up your record YOU DID. You brought up the fact that you were 5-9-1, not me. Are you really this dumb? Or am I "bullying" you too much?

Smokey said:
You're really making it seem like you got picked on or something back in your day. From me responding to your posts as "bullying" or "shit-talking" to me cock-slapping you in the face.

Smokey said:
I can't believe I was accused of being a "bully" or compared to a bully in a Madden thread on a message board lol.

Smokey said:
It's all amusing that you give this giant fuck about me and think I give the same giant fuck about you back. Bu bu bu why are you responding? Because it's a Friday here at work.

really strong declaration there as usual. it's like "I broke up with him!!! he didn't break up with me!!!"

Top Bottom