• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

LukeSmith

daw840 said:
Gadgets like moving 3 TEs pre-snap to break the man coverage?

12364uf.png

This is what happened to you.

Surely you're talking about someone else. Or you forgot that Reggie Wayne plays Wideout and doesn't get motioned.

Smokey

Ramirez said:
You beat me while I was holding a toddler. *golfclap*

Let me say, this isn't me saying I will beat you in different circumstances, we've been pretty even over the years, but you're crazy if you think you'll blow me out like that again.
So excuse innovator?

Got it

LiveWire

bluemax said:
Awareness has always been a major contributor to players OVR ratings.

I can't figure out EA's rating system, that's all I can say. Santana Moss is only 3 points OVR higher than Garcon. His stats are below. Are strength, trucking and stiff arming that important for a WR?

96 SPD (Speed)
43 STR (Strength)
95 AGI (Agility)
95 ACC (Acceleration)
88 AWR (Awareness)
44 TRK (Trucking)
97 ELU (Elusiveness)
88 BCV (Ball Carrier Vision)
30 SFA (Stiff Arm)
96 SPM (Spin Move)
97 JKM (Juke Move)
60 CAR (Carrying)
88 CTH (Catching)
90 RTE (Route Running)
75 CIT (Catch in Traffic)

89 SPC (Spectacular Catch)
65 RLS (Release)
87 JMP (Jumping)

68 RET (Return)
92 STA (Stamina)
81 INJ (Injury)

Hankerson basically only trails in RTE and AWR and gets a 67 OVR. So I'll concede RTE seems to be a part of it. I honestly don't think you'd need much more than 60 in CTH or CIT as long as you had 80+ AWR and RTE.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
2cy42oj.png

Garcon has an overall rating of 82, Hankerson 67.
That's what everyone has been saying. AWR is only an OVR modifier. It's on-field significance is minimal.

On D I feel AWR has a bigger effect. There are only two governing ratings at play at any one time, MCV/ZCV, and CTH, and

On O it's CTH, SPC, CIT, and RTE. No room for AWR there.

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
I can't figure out EA's rating system, that's all I can say. Santana Moss is only 3 points OVR higher than Garcon. His stats are below. Are strength, trucking and stiff arming that important for a WR?

96 SPD (Speed)
43 STR (Strength)
95 AGI (Agility)
95 ACC (Acceleration)
88 AWR (Awareness)
44 TRK (Trucking)
97 ELU (Elusiveness)
88 BCV (Ball Carrier Vision)
30 SFA (Stiff Arm)
96 SPM (Spin Move)
97 JKM (Juke Move)
60 CAR (Carrying)
88 CTH (Catching)
90 RTE (Route Running)
75 CIT (Catch in Traffic)

89 SPC (Spectacular Catch)
65 RLS (Release)
87 JMP (Jumping)

68 RET (Return)
92 STA (Stamina)
81 INJ (Injury)

Hankerson basically only trails in RTE and AWR and gets a 67 OVR. So I'll concede RTE seems to be a part of it. I honestly don't think you'd need much more than 60 in CTH or CIT as long as you had 80+ AWR and RTE.
Rls is very important also.

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Wellington said:
On D I feel AWR has a bigger effect. There are only two governing ratings at play at any one time, MCV/ZCV, and CTH, and

you mean for defending a passing play specifically?

edit: babies can be less distracting than teenagers...

DCX

DCX
Ramirez said:
lol, if that's just an excuse to you, then ok. Go find you a toddler to sit in your lap next time we play and tell me how easy it is.
With experience doing it, not easy at all. No one would ever know but I will say 15-30% there is child involvement in my games of some sort :/

DCX

Smokey

Ramirez said:
lol, if that's just an excuse to you, then ok. Go find you a toddler to sit in your lap next time we play and tell me how easy it is.
I had that the majority of the day. Did you not see how pheeniks was acting?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Its great when week 16/17 drama is FLYING and i have no part in it.

Except maybe throwing gas on the flames here and there.

LukeSmith

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Does anyone else see more receptions by TEs than WRs? :jnc

k538m0.png

That's not a trend unique to me. I just happen to have two elite weapons at TE.

Only receivers from the Falcons, Texans, and Titans have more receptions than Wayne.

LukeSmith said:
http://i40.tinypic.com/k538m0.png/IMG]

That's not a trend unique to me. I just happen to have two elite weapons at TE.

Only receivers from the Falcons, Texans, and Titans have more receptions than Wayne.[/QUOTE]

All I'm saying is you're giving Reggie Wayne too much credit for that win.

Lukes TEs almost had 200 yards that game. His argument against a TE cheese comment was showing the stats that showed this. That's all I was pointing out.

bluemax

Banned
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Does anyone else see more receptions by TEs than WRs? :jnc

This isn't a unique trend to this league. If anything the gap between WRs and TEs has actually shrunk over the years.

It used to be like Zach Miller, Dallas Clark, Venereal Disease, Antonio Gates, Heath Miller, Kellen Davis and Greg Olsen competing for the league lead in every receiving category. Randy Moss was probably the only WR who even came close.

Ferny I'll be able to play late tonight when I get off work. I'd guess sometime around midnight EST but maybe later. Same thing for tomorrow and the next. Could probably get it in before like 2pm on Sat or Sun.

LukeSmith

logo_10.png

Inside the Numbers with, the Indy Passing Attack

Manning 336/460 4877 yards 41 TDs 17 INT
TD% 12.2
INT% 3.7

Clark and Tamme have accounted for 157 of those completions 2400 yards and 20 TDs.

Roughly 50% of yardage comes from the TE position, and 46% of completions go to one of my two TEs.

Let's split Clark and Tamme and treat them separately:
  • Clark: 92 rec 1626 yards 13 TDs:
  • 27% usage rate on receptions, 33% on yardage and 31% of scores
  • Tamme: 65 rec 791 yards 7 TDs
  • 18% usage on receptions 16% usage on yardage and 17% of scores.
  • Reggie Wayne, the eighth in the league in receptions and 10th in yards (60/993/8 TDs)
  • 18% usage on receptions, 20% usage on yardage and 21% of scores
  • Pierre Garcon 46 rec 665 yards 2 TDs
  • 14% usage on receptions, 14% on yardage and 5% of scores

FULL DISCLOSURE: LM doesn't show receiving Stats for RBs (WTF Hobbyist) because I'd love to include the Addai information here too, it's similar to Garcon with less yardage and 3 TDs.

Fun fact: Garcon has more receptions than the leading receiver from 21 other teams in the league.

Now for context, let's take a quick look at some other big receivers and how they fit into their team's passing game:

• Marcedes Lewis 76 rec 1141 yards 15 TDs
  • 35% usage on receptions, 35% on yards and 65% of scores
  • Vernon Davis 63 rec 1043 yards 11 TDs
  • 38% of usage on receptions, 38% on yardage and 48% of scores
  • Antonio Gates 64 rec 1452 yards 11 TDs
  • 35% usage on receptions, 45% of yardage and 39% of TDs
  • Andre Johnson
  • 68 receptions, 1259 yards and 17 TDs
  • 33% usage on receptions 38% of yardage and 51% of TDs

Also, could someone make me a sweet INSIDE THE NUMBERS banner, I'll keep using the team logos.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
logo_10.png

Inside the Numbers with, the Indy Passing Attack

Manning 336/460 4877 yards 41 TDs 17 INT
TD% 12.2
INT% 3.7

Clark and Tamme have accounted for 157 of those completions 2400 yards and 20 TDs.

Roughly 50% of yardage comes from the TE position, and 46% of completions go to one of my two TEs.

Let's split Clark and Tamme and treat them separately:
  • Clark: 92 rec 1626 yards 13 TDs:
  • 27% usage rate on receptions, 33% on yardage and 31% of scores
  • Tamme: 65 rec 791 yards 7 TDs
  • 18% usage on receptions 16% usage on yardage and 17% of scores.
  • Reggie Wayne, the eighth in the league in receptions and 10th in yards (60/993/8 TDs)
  • 18% usage on receptions, 20% usage on yardage and 21% of scores
  • Pierre Garcon 46 rec 665 yards 2 TDs
  • 14% usage on receptions, 14% on yardage and 5% of scores

FULL DISCLOSURE: LM doesn't show receiving Stats for RBs (WTF Hobbyist) because I'd love to include the Addai information here too, it's similar to Garcon with less yardage and 3 TDs.

Fun fact: Garcon has more receptions than the leading receiver from 21 other teams in the league.

Now for context, let's take a quick look at some other big receivers and how they fit into their team's passing game:

• Marcedes Lewis 76 rec 1141 yards 15 TDs
  • 35% usage on receptions, 35% on yards and 65% of scores
  • Vernon Davis
  • 38% of usage on receptions, 38% on yardage and 48% of scores
  • Antonio Gates
  • 64 rec 1452 yards 11 TDs
  • 35% usage on receptions, 45% of yardage and 39% of TDs
  • Andre Johnson
  • 68 receptions, 1259 yards and 17 TDs
  • 33% usage on receptions 38% of yardage and 51% of TDs

Also, could someone make me a sweet INSIDE THE NUMBERS banner, I'll keep using the team names.
When pushed into a corner, Luke just ether'd everyone else. Shit.

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
So in othet words, ITN : Andre is the best WR in the business
If I didn't have Julio, White would have better numbers than AJ.

With that said, AJ is a beast.
DCX

levious

Wellington said:
When pushed into a corner, Luke just ether'd everyone else. Shit.

but the original comment wasn't about him abusing his TEs, just shifting them prior to the snap?

Ferny

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Ferny I'll be able to play late tonight when I get off work. I'd guess sometime around midnight EST but maybe later. Same thing for tomorrow and the next. Could probably get it in before like 2pm on Sat or Sun.
I may be able to be on at 12AM but I don't know for sure. If you can, just PM me here when you will be on for sure. I will be able to do it for sure by 2PM for sure.

LukeSmith

levious said:
but the original comment wasn't about him abusing his TEs, just shifting them prior to the snap?

I don't do user motion.
It's all auto-motion, I am pretty sure you can't do motion and snap mid-motion in this league.
For the curious, I also don't sub guys into spots that aren't in right stick packages.
Tamme is the 4th wideout on my depth chart though!

levious

LukeSmith said:
I don't do user motion.
It's all auto-motion, I am pretty sure you can't do motion and snap mid-motion in this league.
For the curious, I also don't sub guys into spots that aren't in right stick packages.
Tamme is the 4th wideout on my depth chart though!

in this league? You mean there's a rule against it or it can't be done? Also, what is right stick packages?

Nightz

Speaking of depth charts...does anyone remember what EA uses to determine who plays on special teams? I know there was a page that explained it all. I just hate seeing Bob Sanders on the field in punt situations.

BigAT

With their win this afternoon, the Giants (hopefully) successfully clinched the NFC East and (hopefully) earned themselves a first round bye in the playoffs.

Tiebreakers had better hold up!

LukeSmith

levious said:
in this league? You mean there's a rule against it or it can't be done? Also, what is right stick packages?

At the playcalling screen if you flick the right stick to the left or right it subs in different default packages of guys, i.e. in something like Gun Slugs Tight it may have a 4 WR, 3 WR 1 TE, 2 WR 2 TE, Strong Slots where it brings in different personnel.

There was a rule about motioning your dude and snapping while he's in motion in years past (one of the Shawnnhan rules?).

Somnia

bluemax said:
Also THE ALBATROSS! I can play tonight, but only if you're willing to wait until after the USC game (or until they go up by 3 TDs). Otherwise I can play pretty much any time tomorrow but I want to watch the Bama vs LSU game.

So after the USC game then? =)

levious

LukeSmith said:
At the playcalling screen if you flick the right stick to the left or right it subs in different default packages of guys, i.e. in something like Gun Slugs Tight it may have a 4 WR, 3 WR 1 TE, 2 WR 2 TE, Strong Slots where it brings in different personnel.

There was a rule about motioning your dude and snapping while he's in motion in years past (one of the Shawnnhan rules?).

Oh, I know what you're talking about now.

And the motion, I'm pretty sure I do that sometimes, I'll stop.

I played a RB as a WR due to injuries for a few games this year, sorry if that pissed anyone off.

LukeSmith

levious said:
Oh, I know what you're talking about now.

And the motion, I'm pretty sure I do that sometimes, I'll stop.

I played a RB as a WR due to injuries for a few games this year, sorry if that pissed anyone off.

That shouldn't piss anyone off, once people realize that 2 RB, 2 WR 1 TE = a 3 wide formation it's fine. If we could just assign dudes to the proper position, EA, then you could just convert your HB to a wideout.

I don't know what the story is on motion this year. I imagine it's fine.

Btw, Levious of everyone I played this year, you had by far the best pocket presence with your QB - you stood in there well.

levious

LukeSmith said:
Btw, Levious of everyone I played this year, you had by far the best pocket presence with your QB - you stood in there well.

thanks, but credit Wellie, I was his youtube victim last franchise...

He and Rors were right though, about protection breaking down because of the long drop back, I was anticipating/imagining pressure for years.

Top Bottom