• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

bluemax

Banned
BigAT said:
I've only taken a glance at the QB class, but does anyone else find it curious just how awful their accuracy is on the whole? The highest rating in the entire draft is only 75 THA and the top rated QBs are basically all sub-70.

So I was creating Kaiser in the create a player mode and I noticed that you can't manually set THA. In fact THA doesn't show up anywhere in the game unless I'm super blind. All I saw was the different THS, THM, THD, THR ratings.

Edit: Signed all of my rookies. Took about $12 million to do it, but I signed them all to 5 year deals as well.

Striker

bluemax said:
So I was creating Kaiser in the create a player mode and I noticed that you can't manually set THA. In fact THA doesn't show up anywhere in the game unless I'm super blind. All I saw was the different THS, THM, THD, THR ratings.

Edit: Signed all of my rookies. Took about $12 million to do it, but I signed them all to 5 year deals as well.
Newcomer and Kaiser signed identical deals.

My WR Tarver inked a 5 Years @ $17.7M deal and my pick at #9 is getting paid $4.1

Rorschach

mastershake said:
My #1 and #2 picks have the exact same contract values... 5 years @ $11,430,000
popular figure...

dm 9:31 pm
5 Years @ $11,430,000
5 Years @ $11,430,000
actually, they got the same amount

That's what my CB got too...

wtf I thought we said the draft was next week. I didn't set up a board because you said this, I had time today to set up a board but went and hung out with a friend instead. A DT? Fucking really? And how was Smokey's pick handled? This is really bullshit. You said it was next week and then changed it later that day? Is that really what just happened? Friend said he'd had done the draft for me too. Just got back from work awesome way to end a long night.

Lets see,

I drafted 2 DTs. I have Paul Soliai and run a fucking 3-4.
I drafted a WR. Davonne Bess, Brandon Marshall, Gates, Hartline and Bush are my current starting 5.
I drafted a LT. Already have the best there is.
And I drafted 2 QBs. Why 2? I have no fucking idea. At least this one seems like he's pretty awesome but this really sucks. No FS? Fucking really? I HAVE JAKE LONG AND PAUL SOLIAI FFS! THEYRE 2 OF THE 4 HIGHEST PAID PLAYERS ON THE TEAM AND THATS WHAT GETS DRAFTED?

This is so shitty. No idea wtf to do dont even want to start FA. I have no fucking idea what to do with this team now. It's not my team anymore it's just the cards I've been dealt, this sucks.

DMczaf

I drafted 2 DTs. I have Paul Soliai and run a fucking 3-4.
I drafted a WR. Davonne Bess, Brandon Marshall, Gates, Hartline and Bush are my current starting 5.
I drafted a LT. Already have the best there is.
And I drafted 2 QBs. Why 2? I have no fucking idea. At least this one seems like he's pretty awesome but this really sucks. No FS? Fucking really? I HAVE JAKE LONG AND PAUL SOLIAI FFS! THEYRE 2 OF THE 4 HIGHEST PAID PLAYERS ON THE TEAM AND THATS WHAT GETS DRAFTED?

47sMZ.png

DMczaf said:
http://i.imgur.com/47sMZ.png[/MG][/QUOTE]

FMT brought the venting on himself, spending the day at work while looking forward to FA starting and putting things in motion. I made this clear earlier. So how was Smokey's second round pick handled?

And the xbox live support thing was yesterday. As I said, it's been a long night.

Ill look at this shit tomorrow I'm gonna play some BF3 tonight. It is what it is, FMT does a great job as commish. Damn did you slop-job the shit out of this offseason though.

Rorschach

Looking at the draft:

pheeniks left and joined the draft 30 times making it a pain to format. >:|
Mr Irrelevant is TE Frederick Jefferson
Most taken position in the first round was LB by far.
3 QBs taken top 15

Rorschach

Code:
    Round 1, Pick 1
    selection:Cleveland Browns (Striker029) drafts QB Peter Newcomer
    Round 1, Pick 2
    selection:Seattle Seahawks (RedBaronMB) drafts QB Ryan Kaiser
    Round 1, Pick 3
    selection:Dallas Cowboys (SomniaGAF) drafts MLB Ikeem Smith
    Round 1, Pick 4
    selection:St. Louis Rams (cpu) drafts RG Shane Rogers
    Round 1, Pick 5
    selection:Green Bay Packers (thekranz) drafts WR DeMarcus Miles
    Round 1, Pick 6
    selection:Kansas City Chiefs (DarkQberto) drafts CB Laquon Charles
    Round 1, Pick 7
    selection:Washington Redskins (DJ Demon J) drafts TE Jamie Brooks
    Round 1, Pick 8
    selection:Baltimore Ravens (levious) drafts WR Torry Sanders
    Round 1, Pick 9
    selection:Atlanta Falcons (DCX gaf) drafts FS DeAires Justice
    Round 1, Pick 10
    selection:New England Patriots (Sanjuro Tsubaki) drafts RT Javonta Maxwell
    Round 1, Pick 11
    selection:Tennessee Titans (pheeniks) drafts ROLB Daniel Rucker
    Round 1, Pick 12
    selection:Chicago Bears (MrBob) drafts HB Cobie Ross
    Round 1, Pick 13
    selection:Buffalo Bills (mik) drafts LT Emory Mark
    Round 1, Pick 14
    selection:Miami Dolphins (TheJetWho) drafts QB Matt Gullary
    Round 1, Pick 15
    selection:Detroit Lions (Goldlion054) drafts LE Raymond Gilbert
    Round 1, Pick 16
    selection:Jacksonville Jaguars (MrGHOSTofSPARTA) drafts CB Dallas Alford
    Round 1, Pick 17
    selection:Carolina Panthers (Wsv771) drafts LE Na'Quan Watson
    Round 1, Pick 18
    selection:New Orleans Saints (Birdman1702) drafts LOLB Devonte' Dickerson
    Round 1, Pick 19
    selection:San Diego Chargers (N1ghtz) drafts MLB Taylor Terry
    Round 1, Pick 20
    selection:Denver Broncos (KamikazePIPBoy) drafts DT Branden Fletcher
    Round 1, Pick 21
    selection:New York Jets (kurruptt) drafts RE Shaydon Cousins
    Round 1, Pick 22
    selection:Arizona Cardinals (MichaelBrazell) drafts LOLB Damiere Hurst
    Round 1, Pick 23
    selection:Indianapolis Colts (Bang Shed) drafts DT Brendon Myers
    Round 1, Pick 24
    selection:Minnesota Vikings (McNei1y) drafts ROLB Jack Burch
    Round 1, Pick 25
    selection:Cincinnati Bengals (Wellie) drafts HB Nyjee Dyer
    Round 1, Pick 26
    selection:Philadelphia Eagles (ColdBlooded33) drafts RT Brandon Leilua
    Round 1, Pick 27
    selection:New York Giants (BigAT4) drafts C Beau McQueen
    Round 1, Pick 28
    selection:Oakland Raiders (r0rschach) drafts MLB DeAndre' McNeal
    Round 1, Pick 29
    selection:Houston Texans (dboythaGr8) drafts ROLB Kadaryl Woods
    Round 1, Pick 30
    selection:San Francisco 49ers (FrenchMov) drafts CB Deonte Ambles
    Round 1, Pick 31
    selection:Pittsburgh Steelers (TJ Ram) drafts RG Dom Gunter
    Round 1, Pick 32
    selection:Tampa Bay Buccaneers (DMczaf) drafts CB Derron Charles

Smokey

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
wtf I thought we said the draft was next week. I didn't set up a board because you said this, I had time today to set up a board but went and hung out with a friend instead. A DT? Fucking really? And how was Smokey's pick handled? This is really bullshit. You said it was next week and then changed it later that day? Is that really what just happened? Friend said he'd had done the draft for me too. Just got back from work awesome way to end a long night.

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
FMT brought the venting on himself, spending the day at work while looking forward to FA starting and putting things in motion. I made this clear earlier. So how was Smokey's second round pick handled?

And the xbox live support thing was yesterday. As I said, it's been a long night.

My pick was handled as "He needs to setup a draft board or let you login to his EA account". You didn't know the dates were switched so essentially it was handled as dealwithit which landed me a fucking Left Tackle. Nice.

Anyways the CPU drafted a LT in the spot that was to be mine. His name is something Cooper. Could you trade him to me through LM please.

McNei1y

It has been said before but it never registered in my head until I looked at my own team: LM ratings and Madden ratings are off a bit. It only seems to be the overall though so its not that big of a deal.

I like the outcome of my draft. I seemed to get a good starter on the line as well as a good backup who will be groomed as a starter, hopefully. I don't want to see any subtraction on his stats at the end of the year. My first LB pick is going to suit me well since he is a good upgrade over my previous OLB in Erin Henderson. Erin is now suited as a great backup player. I was lucky enough to have great corner depth before this draft but seeing all the corners in this past draft was tempting since they all had ridiculous speed. I just realized my big problem right now is my DLine. Nothing drastic but I need the free agency to open up so I can pick up a guy or two. I'm liking my wide receiver corp. Harvin, Jenkins, Barrian, and a rookie WR. My team is going to be struggling in a year or two when I have crappy old guys on enormous contracts (Winfield, EJ Henderson, Greenway, Kevin Williams, Jared Allen) and those are all my beasts too. Oh well. I'll worry about it when it comes.

Rorschach said:
Code:
    Round 1, Pick 1
    selection:Cleveland Browns (Striker029) drafts QB Peter Newcomer
    Round 1, Pick 2
    selection:Seattle Seahawks (RedBaronMB) drafts QB Ryan Kaiser
    Round 1, Pick 3
    selection:Dallas Cowboys (SomniaGAF) drafts MLB Ikeem Smith
    Round 1, Pick 4
    selection:St. Louis Rams (cpu) drafts RG Shane Rogers
    Round 1, Pick 5
    selection:Green Bay Packers (thekranz) drafts WR DeMarcus Miles
    Round 1, Pick 6
    selection:Kansas City Chiefs (DarkQberto) drafts CB Laquon Charles
    Round 1, Pick 7
    selection:Washington Redskins (DJ Demon J) drafts TE Jamie Brooks
    Round 1, Pick 8
    selection:Baltimore Ravens (levious) drafts WR Torry Sanders
    Round 1, Pick 9
    selection:Atlanta Falcons (DCX gaf) drafts FS DeAires Justice
    Round 1, Pick 10
    selection:New England Patriots (Sanjuro Tsubaki) drafts RT Javonta Maxwell
    Round 1, Pick 11
    selection:Tennessee Titans (pheeniks) drafts ROLB Daniel Rucker
    Round 1, Pick 12
    selection:Chicago Bears (MrBob) drafts HB Cobie Ross
    Round 1, Pick 13
    selection:Buffalo Bills (mik) drafts LT Emory Mark
    Round 1, Pick 14
    selection:Miami Dolphins (TheJetWho) drafts QB Matt Gullary
    Round 1, Pick 15
    selection:Detroit Lions (Goldlion054) drafts LE Raymond Gilbert
    Round 1, Pick 16
    selection:Jacksonville Jaguars (MrGHOSTofSPARTA) drafts CB Dallas Alford
    Round 1, Pick 17
    selection:Carolina Panthers (Wsv771) drafts LE Na'Quan Watson
    Round 1, Pick 18
    selection:New Orleans Saints (Birdman1702) drafts LOLB Devonte' Dickerson
    Round 1, Pick 19
    selection:San Diego Chargers (N1ghtz) drafts MLB Taylor Terry
    Round 1, Pick 20
    selection:Denver Broncos (KamikazePIPBoy) drafts DT Branden Fletcher
    Round 1, Pick 21
    selection:New York Jets (kurruptt) drafts RE Shaydon Cousins
    Round 1, Pick 22
    selection:Arizona Cardinals (MichaelBrazell) drafts LOLB Damiere Hurst
    Round 1, Pick 23
    selection:Indianapolis Colts (Bang Shed) drafts DT Brendon Myers
    Round 1, Pick 24
    selection:Minnesota Vikings (McNei1y) drafts ROLB Jack Burch
    Round 1, Pick 25
    selection:Cincinnati Bengals (Wellie) drafts HB Nyjee Dyer
    Round 1, Pick 26
    selection:Philadelphia Eagles (ColdBlooded33) drafts RT Brandon Leilua
    Round 1, Pick 27
    selection:New York Giants (BigAT4) drafts C Beau McQueen
    Round 1, Pick 28
    selection:Oakland Raiders (r0rschach) drafts MLB DeAndre' McNeal
    Round 1, Pick 29
    selection:Houston Texans (dboythaGr8) drafts ROLB Kadaryl Woods
    Round 1, Pick 30
    selection:San Francisco 49ers (FrenchMov) drafts CB Deonte Ambles
    Round 1, Pick 31
    selection:Pittsburgh Steelers (TJ Ram) drafts RG Dom Gunter
    Round 1, Pick 32
    selection:Tampa Bay Buccaneers (DMczaf) drafts CB Derron Charles

This is such bullshit, I signed back in the league before the draft started, setup my draft board with WRs, TEs, LBs, and CBs.....it drafts a fucking RG first. Thanks FMT, I got screwed!

DCX

DCX
:( every year someone gets screwed. With that said we had an amazing turnout in the shortest amount of prep time ever.

I assume as soon as FMT wakes up the bidding on free agents is a go.

DCX

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
Has anyone figured out how to explain the discrepancy between player management ratings and depth chart ratings?
Depth chart ratings change based on their skills. Some olb rate high as DEs and such.

The bigger issue is why are the ratings in game different from the rating on LM when the data comes directly from the EA database lol

I'm just glad we got everything sorted out and now head into free agency and the start of a new season mid week.

All in all, FMT did a great job managing all our egos and we all did a great job responding in attending the draft and sorting out the chaos after the draft. The dust has settled and a new beacon of hope is near.

Good luck to all :) To those who couldn't make it or got screwed draft wise, I'm sure someone will trade for your unwanted players and there is always free agency to fill those needs.

DCX

BigAT

DCX said:
Depth chart ratings change based on their skills. Some olb rate high as DEs and such.

DCX
I'm well aware of this, but it is rating people oddly for the same position they are listed at. Have you looked at the two on the console yet? My fullback is listed as 69 on the player management screen in-game, on the LM site and on EA's Madden site. When setting my fullback depth chart in-game though, he's listed as 64. It's the same for pretty much every position I looked at last night.

GCQuinton

BigAT said:
I'm well aware of this, but it is rating people oddly for the same position they are listed at. Have you looked at the two on the console yet? My fullback is listed as 69 on the player management screen in-game, on the LM site and on EA's Madden site. When setting my fullback depth chart in-game though, he's listed as 64. It's the same for pretty much every position I looked at last night.

It looks like the depth chart ratings are just pre-progression ratings that didn't change for whatever reason. I'm going by player management/LM ratings until I have a reason to believe otherwise and just writing that off as a bug for now.

I'm just pissed because it drafted in one of the few areas that I didn't need help, my offensive line. All I wanted was a 80+ ovr, 90+ spd receiver. I was told the draft wasn't til next week and I didn't get home from Atlanta until 8 and the wife wanted to spend time with me so when I saw that it was going to be last night, I got pissed and tried to set up my draft board quickly but the CPU didn't even follow it.

The Packers pick should've been mine. :(

DCX

DCX
storybook77 said:
I'm just pissed because it drafted in one of the few areas that I didn't need help, my offensive line. All I wanted was a 80+ ovr, 90+ spd receiver. I was told the draft wasn't til next week and I didn't get home from Atlanta until 8 and the wife wanted to spend time with me so when I saw that it was going to be last night, I got pissed and tried to set up my draft board quickly but the CPU didn't even follow it.

The Packers pick should've been mine. :(
Work it out dude..I'm sure he doesn't need another WR. I'm sorry bro I know how it feels.

I remember trading a first rounder to Live for Gonzo only to Jim not retire but simply disappear :/

DCX

eznark

Banned
I don't know, I haven't looked at my team so I have no idea what would have happened to it in my absence. I don't think so though. I did the extensions I wanted to do in week 1 so my team shouldn't be too weird.

I really wanted defensive line help. If anyone wants a wide receiver and wants to give me d-ling help, I'm all ears.

Man, I was so looking forward to doing all kinds of draft trades. I hope someday someone invents some sort of instant communication that allows an individual to easily contact a number of other individuals with minimal effort. Something like an im, or a pm, or an xbox message...just spit-balling, those don't have to be the names.
next time FMT says "have you tried pm'ing him" when people complain about not being able to set up a game I am going to fly to SF and burn down his bath house

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
How is the market value for Eric Berry $4.5M/yr? That seems broken, my 84 rated SS wants that much.
He was locked in 4.5 when I traded for him I adjusted the value.

DCX

Smokey said:
My pick was handled as "He needs to setup a draft board or let you login to his EA account". You didn't know the dates were switched so essentially it was handled as dealwithit which landed me a fucking Left Tackle. Nice.

Anyways the CPU drafted a LT in the spot that was to be mine. His name is something Cooper. Could you trade him to me through LM please.
Done.

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
How is the market value for Eric Berry $4.5M/yr? That seems broken, my 84 rated SS wants that much.
BTW fmt said last night anyone make a trade that didn't go through and had to sign the players outright from the free agent pile will have those contracts edited to reflect the actual deals made.

He gave me Admin status on LM to do that for you guys. Yea upon signing Berry, now a 95, he wants like 9 million.

I adjusted the numbers for the players I got back, I have to adjust the values to the players Daw gets and Sanjuru. Same with Fairley his rookie contract is way lower than free agent market value and that needs to be edited.

DCX

BigAT

Yeah, but you have him at $4.5M each year for 6 years when his real contract is only 3 more years and he's due $14M in his final year of his actual contract.

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
Yeah, but you have him at $4.5M each year for 6 years when his real contract is only 3 more years and he's due $14M in his final year of his actual contract.
I have to change it then he definitely isn't locked in for six..3 sounds right. Kendrick Lewis I think was 2 years for 500-600k same with Hernandez.

I'll take a look when I get home.

DCX

Top Bottom