• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

LukeSmith

5'5 and 125 lbs. :(

But some coach did try to get me to join track but I hate running/cardio.

scooby%20snacks.jpg

bluemax

Banned
6'5" 235? Sounds like a tight end these days.

5'5 and 125 lbs. :(

But some coach did try to get me to join track but I hate running/cardio.

I was all of about 5'4/5'5" in middle school and I started 3 years on the offensive line for a team that only lost 1 game in 3 years. Gault Gazelles baby!

Of course it was flag football because Tacoma is dirt poor.

I was gonna play football my sophomore year of HS after I had my growth spurt. Probably would've been a defensive back as I was about 5'8" 150ish.

bluemax

Banned
long snapper has got to be the best career path

I used to tell my ex gf that I was going to make all my kids left handed and capable of punting a football. That way they could either be left handed situational relief pitchers or punters.

If I had a kid that eked out a 10+ year career as a mediocre left handed reliever I'd be damned proud of him.

Rorschach

...geeze I'm a friggin' giant in the AFC West...

long snapper has got to be the best career path

It's the best specialized position if all you want to do is get a check. Very few snaps. No clutch moments, really. At least, not as bad as kickers/punters. And now guys aren't allowed to line up right over you. Minimal amount of "practice" too.

When the holder botches the hold, everyone is all over him. When the kicker misses the kick, he's the goat. When the longsnapper makes a bad snap, they just glance over it and focus on the outcome of the play.

Great coordination, great balance, 6'4", 20/20 vision, great hands, not the fastest but am slippery for sure, can't jump too high but I def could've been a receiver. Our team was terrible and I never tried out. Broke so many bones in elementary / middle school (one leg 4 times, other leg 1 time, and my arm once) that I just didn't want to be in a cast anymore, decided football's not the way to go.

eznark

Banned
Great coordination, great balance, 6'4", 20/20 vision, great hands, not the fastest but am slippery for sure, can't jump too high but I def could've been a receiver. Our team was terrible and I never tried out. Broke so many bones in elementary / middle school (one leg 4 times, other leg 1 time, and my arm once) that I just didn't want to be in a cast anymore, decided football's not the way to go.

Fuck that would have been the way to go! If I had never played those eight years at quarterback I could still tell myself that I had what it took to be the next Aaron Rodgers!

I wish I could still lie to myself.....

LukeSmith

mr_glass.jpg

TheCrow

5'5" 160 here. Still waiting for that growth spurt. :(
I blame the Asian blood.
I blame my parents, damn mexicans and guatemalans. At least I don't have it as bad as my lil sister. She's like 4'10 and she isn't getting taller anytime soon.

Fuck that would have been the way to go! If I had never played those eight years at quarterback I could still tell myself that I had what it took to be the next Aaron Rodgers!

I wish I could still lie to myself.....

I didn't try because Bob Sanders life isn't the life for me. My left leg aches like crazy if it gets real cold outside, I'm 22. But yup, I never tried. You got that over me, thanks for bringing it up.

Are you made of sugar glass?

Broke my left fibula and tibia (Was like 7, jumped off uncle's trampoline, took weird trajectory and landed on a big piece of limerock). Then my doctor moved. New doctor takes off cast too soon. Broke both of the newly "healed" bones again the next day.

bluemax

Banned
I blame my parents, damn mexicans and guatemalans. At least I don't have it as bad as my lil sister. She's like 4'10 and she isn't getting taller anytime soon.

Any time I feel short, I just go to the grocery store and walk around. When everyone else is 5'5" or less I feel like a giant!

Rorschach

Broke my left fibula and tibia (Was like 7, jumped off uncle's trampoline, took weird trajectory and landed on a big piece of limerock). Then my doctor moved. New doctor takes off cast too soon. Broke both of the newly "healed" bones again the next day.
Hurts just thinking about it. :|

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
so I'm doing my season 1 draft in another franchise I'm in tonight, anybody have some lower rated players/non A or B potentials that they really like from this last draft?

bluemax

Banned

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
thanks blue, also, it seems the player names are now locked in OF. If you start a franchise now, the first draft will always be Newcomer, Kaiser, Jenny Brooks etc.

But looking for low rated sleepers if anyone has suggestions!

bluemax

Banned
What number draft do we have for season 2?

Draft #8, the #1 QB in this draft is pretty beastly. If I'm the Dolphins or Redskins I'm doing everything I can get to get the guy (unless Gullary progresses into something more serviceable).

Edit speaking Gullary:

Code:
Name 	 	   Position 	Team 	    QB Rating Comp/Att Comp % 	Yards 	Avg 	TDs 	INTs
Chad 	Henne 	 	 QB 	Dolphins 	36.6 	30/72 	41.7 	520 	17.3 	2 	15
Matt 	Gullary 	 QB 	Dolphins 	28.5 	14/46 	30.4 	289 	20.6 	2 	6

Might be worth reconsidering him!

In other news Marshawn Lynch has the 2nd lowest YPC of qualified RBs at 4 YPC. I noticed that Leon Washington, a guy I cut in the off season, has almost as many yards in half as many carries. I'm really awful at running the ball.

Mrbob

Same difference.

H8 U.

This is for DM. Looks like MLB The Show will be taking the multi player crown again from Madden!

You’ve been suspiciously quiet about multiplayer modes so far – you’re probably still ironing out the details, but can you give PlayStation.Blog readers a sneak peek of what’s in store?

For PS3, we have a brand-new mode that is really, really innovative. Nobody has every done a multiplayer mode like this in any sports game, ever. We’re going to reveal it in early 2012. So in addition to the other features I told you about, there’s still this secret feature that we’ll be talking about soon. We think people are going to love it.

Another year Tiburon can't compete. 8)

Rorschach

Another year Tiburon can't compete. 8)

Completely useless when people can't actually play it online. Every fucking year with their promises that maybeperhaps online won't be so bad. When the deadline gets closer, no mention of MP and the media doesn't care to ask. And it turns out to be crap.

bluemax

Banned
Hunh, they gave up both Odom and Gasol to get Paul but held on to Bynum? I thought they were gonna have to deal Bynum and one of Odom or Gasol to get Paul.

I don't know enough about the other players in the trade to say how badly the Hornets got fleeced.

Hunh, they gave up both Odom and Gasol to get Paul but held on to Bynum? I thought they were gonna have to deal Bynum and one of Odom or Gasol to get Paul.

I don't know enough about the other players in the trade to say how badly the Hornets got fleeced.

The Hornets and the Rockets got fleeced. Lakers steal shit all over again as usual.

At least the Heat had to suffer for three seasons!

Also is there a chance we advance tonight :(

Rorschach

He's leaving for Dwight Howard. :trollface

Nightz

I don't take part in NBA-age, but that thread...so good lol. Thank goodness there's no 2K league this year. Only reason I ever chose to play the Hornets was for CP3. I think I just became a Laker fan.

Smokey

This fucking tag.

Ugh. Pheeniks move over, I'm joining the wagon

I don't take part in NBA-age, but that thread...so good lol. Thank goodness there's no 2K league this year. Only reason I ever chose to play the Hornets was for CP3. I think I just became a Laker fan.

Just like majority of Laker "fans". Worst fans in all of sports.

Mrbob

Doesn't the NBA own the Hornets? Good job.

Edit: Wait, Odom and Gasol. Did the Lakers get fleeced?

D12 must be incoming?

Mrbob

So much for the Knicks with CP3 going to LA. Melo am cry. Orlando big man about to bail out again. How many hours before Howard is a Laker? I say 48 max.

Smokey

Doesn't the NBA own the Hornets? Good job.

Edit: Wait, Odom and Gasol. Did the Lakers get fleeced?

D12 must be incoming?

Yes they do and that's why it's shady as fuck. Stern knew what he was doing. Some backwater dealings going on. The team is ran by the league and they decide to trade the best PG in the game to the Lakers....gee.

Nightz

This fucking tag.

Ugh. Pheeniks move over, I'm joining the wagon

Just like majority of Laker "fans". Worst fans in all of sports.

LOL I haven't followed the NBA since Jordan was around. I do like CP3 though, so I'll watch a game here and there.

Top Bottom