• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

daw840

I think I just need to come to the realization that I am not cut out for this league. Even against the people who are just mediocre in this league I get my ass kicked. I try and try to get better at this game and it just doesn't happen. I don't know if I can continuously get my ass kicked like this. This will probably be my last Madden that I ever buy too and its kind of makes me sad. I wanted to succeed this year too, it's just not going to happen. I have to think about it, but it may be best to have someone who can actually compete take my spot. I'm sure there is someone waiting to get in more deserving.

LukeSmith

I think I just need to come to the realization that I am not cut out for this league. Even against the people who are just mediocre in this league I get my ass kicked. I try and try to get better at this game and it just doesn't happen. I don't know if I can continuously get my ass kicked like this. This will probably be my last Madden that I ever buy too and its kind of makes me sad. I wanted to succeed this year too, it's just not going to happen. I have to think about it, but it may be best to have someone who can actually compete take my spot. I'm sure there is someone waiting to get in more deserving.

Don't go!

DCX

DCX

Don't give up man..you are on the cusp :(

DCX

Nah man, stick around! Practice with me... I'm garbage but we can get better together. :)

Ramirez

How soon is your baby coming? Take it from me, you won't have time to game anymore for the first few months, you won't even feel like it. Main reason I quit last year, take a year off, then come back!

Rorschach

Ram called it.

Isn't mik 7-1? That's not mediocre. For whatever it's worth, I thought you were much improved in our last game, daw. Closest game we've had. [edit] And it was only a 10 point difference against a 7-1 team? :|

FMT: AFC West rematch?!

D:

Why you singling out our game? :(
Because of the love. I get Jacoby Ford back next week. :)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
the irony of everyone telling him to stay, and ramirez telling him to go away, is palpable.

What did I call?

Oh you. Dont lie. Just deflect like when Rors ignored me about smokey dropping back on him in the playoff game.

daw840

I haven't really decided yet honestly, it's just frustrating.

Ram: He/She is due in early April, so I have a few months left, but the wife wants 2 close together so realistically this is going to be my last Madden for a long time.

LukeSmith

Ram: He/She is due in early April, so I have a few months left, but they wife wants 2 close together so realistically this is going to be my last Madden for a long time.

Why? Once you knock her up again she won't have anything to do other than take care of the first one while your seed grows inside her.

I should be a fuckin marriage counselor

Ramirez

the irony of everyone telling him to stay, and ramirez telling him to go away, is palpable.

Hey, I'm just trying to help him out. Though if his child isn't due to April, he better get in all he can before then. :p I thought it was sooner than that.

Ram: He/She is due in early April, so I have a few months left, but the wife wants 2 close together so realistically this is going to be my last Madden for a long time.

RIP.jpg

Nice knowin' ya dawG.

think back to your glory days when you made the playoffs with favre!

but seriously, it's up to you. i don't want you to quit the league but if it is a chore to play or you aren't having any fun at all then that is a tough situation. there are plenty of people here that can help with everything from the basics to advanced strategies. there is a fine line between being a 15-1 team and being a .500 team (as evidenced by last years season for me vs. this years.... ain't nothin changed!)

daw840

I'll keep playing, it's just a fucking frustrating game honestly. I got better at 2k last year. I really don't like basketball, but I feel like I enjoy that league way more than this one. At least I feel like I get better at the game....lol

edit:Although I like, and know, the people in this league better.

Birdman02

You said he would have to quit.

I understand it's hard. Daw will probably have no time for the game anymore and his significant other will probably be pissed if he's playing games instead of helping out. :p

It wasn't like that for me. Babies sleep alot, and so do new mothers....especially if the dad is gone at work all day. I had a lot of gaming time when my son was born. Sure, you have to be able to pause/quit at a moments notice, but it's certainly possible.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Meanwhile you killed everyone and made the playoffs with Favre, AP, and Percy in your first season.

Ramirez

It wasn't like that for me. Babies sleep alot, and so do new mothers....especially if the dad is gone at work all day. I had a lot of gaming time when my son was born. Sure, you have to be able to pause/quit at a moments notice, but it's certainly possible.

Which kind of kills any notion of being able to play in a league.

I tried playing WoW after mine was born, lasted for about a month and a half, lol.

DCX

DCX
Exactly. I have three girls and a five month old and I haven't skipped a beat.

The key is avoid playing during "prime" times. Play when they are alseep and be as helpful as possible when awake.

The downside? Sleep. There are times you get 3-5 hours of sleep on a bad night. Average is around 5-7.

It's totally possible brosef.

DCX

daw840

The key is avoid playing during "prime" times. Play when they are alseep and be as helpful as possible when awake.

The downside? Sleep. There are times you get 3-5 hours of sleep on a bad night. Average is around 5-7.

DCX

OMG, I will be a fucking zombie with 5-7 hours of sleep. I currently pass out around 1030-1100 and don't wake up until 7-8....lol

Ramirez

I guess it's worth noting I have a lot more to do with the addition of him having CF, so it probably is easier taking that out of the equation. :p

But yea, 3-5 hours of sleep is a bad thing for me, I avoid that, lol.

DCX

DCX
OMG, I will be a fucking zombie with 5-7 hours of sleep. I currently pass out around 1030-1100 and don't wake up until 7-8....lol
You will adapt. Not gonna lie, it took awhile.

I used to get 8-10 but I manage with 6. 5 is ok as long as it just one day and usually draft nights I'm at 3 and I am a zombie but I just go to bed early the next night.

It's either adapt or quit gaming forever.

DCX

daw840

I guess it's worth noting I have a lot more to do with the addition of him having CF, so it probably is easier taking that out of the equation. :p

But yea, 3-5 hours of sleep is a bad thing for me, I avoid that, lol.

I would assume that does take a little more effort. How is the little guy? Those types of things are terrifying to me.

Birdman02

DCX

This is the absolute truth. I'm lucky because ever since my son was born, I pretty much instantly hit REM sleep when my head hits the pillow. It makes those 3-5 hour nights a lot easier to deal with.

Ram's situation would definitely take a lot more effort.

mik

mik is unbeatable
I haven't gotten more than six hours of sleep since I was 20. And I'm now a million.

The good news is, once your kids reach a certain age, you kinda get a lot of your time back.

Ramirez

I would assume that does take a little more effort. How is the little guy? Those types of things are terrifying to me.

He's great actually, his grandparents took him to his CF doctors today since my wife had finals, and I don't really feel like tagging along with the inlaws. They said he was the perfect weight, above average height, and his lungs sound good.

Honestly, if I don't tell anyone, there's really no way you can tell there's anything wrong with him, we've been blessed so far.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii239/TJRamirez3/elijahsteelers.jpg

You'll never pass up the opportunity to show pics of them either. ;) I'll spare the hotlink for people who are afraid of babies, lol.

daw840

He's great actually, his grandparents took him to his CF doctors today since my wife had finals, and I don't really feel like tagging along with the inlaws. They said he was the perfect weight, above average height, and his lungs sound good.

Honestly, if I don't tell anyone, there's really no way you can tell there's anything wrong with him, we've been blessed so far.

You'll never pass up the opportunity to show pics of them either. ;) I'll spare the hotlink for people who are afraid of babies, lol.

I see you're already indoctrinating him.......lol. Really good to hear.

Birdman02

Cute kid, but this pic kills my mental picture of you looking like Troy Polamalu.

DCX

DCX

Cute kid :)

Gotta post my youngest now lol

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/391998_2703585356032_1448691724_32968169_695226795_n.jpg

Ramirez

I see you're already indoctrinating him.......lol. Really good to hear.

But of course, I was actually kicking myself for not wrapping him up in a Terrible Towel when he was born, saw that on the ESPN commercial the other day, brilliant!

His normal pediatrician was a Steelers fan as well, showed us a pic of his kid with a Troy P wig on for Halloween, so good.

Madden GAF gets the award for cutest off spring on GAF.

Top Bottom