• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Ramirez

gonna have to get them some packers gear though!

ajhawk.jpg

Smokey/Wellie 7-7 in the 3rd.

At some point this season I want to scrim with you and see how you can get better. I want the AFC South to be the top division

I'm down for that whenever. I've been pickin wellies brain a little bit and now I'm actually able to get pressure on the QB. I think I had one sack in my first 5 games despite trying a number of blitz packages. 3 sack and a few hurries after implementing wellies tips!

Ramirez

I'm down for that whenever. I've been pickin wellies brain a little bit and now I'm actually able to get pressure on the QB. I think I had one sack in my first 5 games despite trying a number of blitz packages. 3 sack and a few hurries after implementing wellies tips!

Why doesn't anyone ever share pressure tips with me?

Ramirez

You have an auto win defense. What tips do you need?

I know right. Until you let Tillman go, I didn't have a CB over 75! I also cut Smith, Farrior retired, and Timmons has been hurt for 4 weeks, his back up being a low 70. My defense is anything but automatic this season. My two biggest assets are basically useless to me because I don't know how to get pressure with them!

I know right. Until you let Tillman go, I didn't have a CB over 75! I also cut Smith, Farrior retired, and Timmons has been hurt for 4 weeks, his back up being a low 70. My defense is anything but automatic this season. My two biggest assets are basically useless to me because I don't know how to get pressure with them!

I played a friend who used the Steelers last weekend. Troy is everywhere in the secondary. It is was horrible. I had to dink and dunk to get anywhere. Troy is fucking nasty on All-Madden

Ramirez

I played a friend who used the Steelers last weekend. Troy is everywhere in the secondary. It is was horrible. I had to dink and dunk to get anywhere. Troy is fucking nasty on All-Madden

Well, that goes without saying. I find a lot of my problems with defense come from people having all day to throw on me. It doesn't matter where I bring the pressure from, it just doesn't get there.

Only 5 teams have fewer sacks than me, feels bad man.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Smokey. Held Green catchless. I felt like you sat on his routes or Jammer was all over him. The one time I broke a press and was running free against a cover 2 Dalton overthrew. :|

Thanks for playing tonight.

Mrbob

Well, that goes without saying. I find a lot of my problems with defense come from people having all day to throw on me. It doesn't matter where I bring the pressure from, it just doesn't get there.

I don't think line play is balanced at all. It is skewed heavily towards the oline for the most part. Also, if someone wants to get a pass off quick enough they won't take a sack. But sacks are only part of the equation. Getting pressure on the qb can lead to a rushed decision which can lead to a bad throw or int.

LukeSmith

Sacks aren't really a big deal.

You've forced 22 turnovers (11 INTs 11 Fumble Recoveries) which is good for fifth in the league.

Bottom teams in turnovers forced: (Colts have 8)
Dolphins 4
Chiefs 5
Tons tied at 6

Ramirez

You've forced 22 turnovers (11 INTs 11 Fumble Recoveries) which is good for fifth in the league.

Dolphins 4
Chiefs 5
Tons tied at 6

Sacks/pressure are a huge deal against the better teams in the league. You completely knocked me out of scoring drives twice last night with sacks of like 10+ yard losses. May not matter against the average player, but in order to beat some of you, it's integral.

TheCrow

Crow must be dead or when he said "finish" his paper, he meant start and finish it
Sorry about that I passed out earlier today and just woke up. After a brief period of "ahhhh it's 12:24 pm and I'm so fired wait... it's actually 12:24 am, sigh" I'm back. Still need to finish my paper so could you play tomorrow night?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Dolphins 4
Chiefs 5
Tons tied at 6

Sacks aren't a big deal but pressure is. If I'm in someone's head and they know the clock is ticking before my guy lays the wood the chances of an interception or bad throws overall greatly increase.

Speaking of forced turnovers, I'd like to know what the suite of attributes needed for interceptions is. None of my linebackers have a disposition for interceptions, if a ball comes right at my guys they go into the knockdown animation.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Dalton thru 8 games:

Last season - 9 TD/12 Ints

6-2 record

This season - 12 TD/6 Ints

6-2 record

Can't believe I ended with 24 ints last season, ridiculous.

Next four games: Ram, Crow, Striker, FMT. I'll be happy going 2-2.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I would post pics of my sons, but they're not cute anymore, and one is just a long haired hippie. But he plays football at least.

Top Bottom