• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

bluemax

Banned
Bad season = tanking ?

I'd made some big changes on offense and defense this season. I have 4 new starters on offense, and 4 new starters on defense.

Quality drafting and savvy free agency moves have allowed me to reinvent my team!

No one actually believes this.

Aside from Jamie Brooks who did you get in the draft? Who did you sign as a free agent?

Mrbob

Offense - Nate Burleson (FA), Carl Nicks (FA), Jamie Brooks (first round), Davius Haynes (third round)

Defense - Stephan Paea (backup last year, now starting), Zackary Bowman (backup, now starting), DJ Moore (backup, now starting), Derrick Morgan (via trade), Quentin Battle (3rd round)

Sorry, I have 5 on defense. Not 4. :p

bluemax

Banned
Tom Brady currently has 27 interceptions in 7 games. That's 3.86 INTs per game. At that rate he will throw another 35 INTs this season which would give him a total of 62 INTs for the full season.

Tom Brady is currently throwing 1 INT every 7 pass attempts. He is averaging 27 pass attempts per game. At this rate he will throw the ball 244 more times this season, which again would lead to 35 more INTs.

That being said, Chad Henne is throwing an INT once every 5.4 pass attempts. He has 87 pass attempts in 6 games, or 14.5 attempts per game. At that rate he would throw 43 INTs over a full season.

Peter Newcomer has 1 INT in 103 pass attempts. He averages 17.2 attempts per game. At his current rate he's on pace for 1.666667 more INTs this season.

The more you know!

bluemax

Banned
More fun with numbers:

There are currently 4 teams with at least 1000 yards passing and 1000 yards rushing. (And several more right on the verge)

There are 6 teams with less than 1000 yards passing. 2 of these 6 teams have winning records.

There are 6 teams with more than 1000 yards of rushing, all of them have at least a .500 record.

3 (possibly 4) of the top 10 teams in total offense do not lead their divisions currently.

The Broncos are the only team in the league to not have gone for it on 4th down. They also have 0 fumbles despite being the most run centric team in the league. In fact the Broncos are a whopping PLUS 17 in turn over margin, which likely is tops in the league.

The worst team in the league at generating turnovers is the Chiefs who have only forced 5 so far. The Eagles are the best so far with 28, but obviously that is skewed thanks to the Sanjuro game. If you take that out, then its the Buccs with 27.

The Panthers, Patriots, Giants and Saints have generated the most sacks. The Jets, Redskins, Jaguars and Cowboys have generated the least.

Only 1 team in the top 10 of defensive third down % has a losing record. 2 teams in the bottom ten have winning records.

Just some fun random numbers at the midway point of the season.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
More fun with numbers:

There are currently 4 teams with at least 1000 yards passing and 1000 yards rushing. (And several more right on the verge)

There are 6 teams with less than 1000 yards passing. 2 of these 6 teams have winning records.

There are 6 teams with more than 1000 yards of rushing, all of them have at least a .500 record.

3 (possibly 4) of the top 10 teams in total offense do not lead their divisions currently.

The Broncos are the only team in the league to not have gone for it on 4th down. They also have 0 fumbles despite being the most run centric team in the league. In fact the Broncos are a whopping PLUS 17 in turn over margin, which likely is tops in the league.

The worst team in the league at generating turnovers is the Chiefs who have only forced 5 so far. The Eagles are the best so far with 28, but obviously that is skewed thanks to the Sanjuro game. If you take that out, then its the Buccs with 27.

The Panthers, Patriots, Giants and Saints have generated the most sacks. The Jets, Redskins, Jaguars and Cowboys have generated the least.

Only 1 team in the top 10 of defensive third down % has a losing record. 2 teams in the bottom ten have winning records.

Just some fun random numbers at the midway point of the season.
If you're using LM for these stats, did they ever get corrected on the site?

GCQuinton

More fun with numbers:

fairley-newton-p1.jpg

Wish our record was better, though. We're starting to go in the wrong direction.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
wins against me are not free, I'm sure everyone feels that their time has value.

GCQuinton

Rough 3 game stretch coming up for you:
Smokey
Birdles
DM

And then a free win courtesy of LiveWire

Yeah, going into the season I knew this was going to be the first stretch of games that really proved if we got better or not (the other one coming later against DM, you and Birds again). All three of those worry me, but luckily I've been able to hang with Birds and Smokey recently. No such luck against DM yet, but who knows!

mik

mik is unbeatable
In fact the Broncos are a whopping PLUS 17 in turn over margin, which likely is tops in the league.
Bills are also +17.

Broncos Offense: 1 int, 0 fum
Broncos Defense: 17 int, 1 fum

Bills Offense: 4 int, 2 fum
Bills Defense: 16 int, 7 fum

Rorschach

More fun with numbers:

There are zero teams with that stat.
8 teams with less than 1k passing. 4 with winning records.
3 teams over 1000 yards rushing. All at least .500

Useless stat since there aren't 10 divisions, so I won't even look it up. :p

Bills are also +17.

Bengals are the worst team at forcing TOs, but the pats have the worst differential.

Most turnovers generated is by the Bills with 23. The Eagles and Raiders are tied at 22.

True!

Smokey

Yeah, going into the season I knew this was going to be the first stretch of games that really proved if we got better or not (the other one coming later against DM, you and Birds again). All three of those worry me, but luckily I've been able to hang with Birds and Smokey recently. No such luck against DM yet, but who knows!

You'll do fine agaisnt me. I'm in a odd position towards this game right now.

Birdman02

I am absolutely terrible at this game right now. I am in the process of re-working my offense hoping to be better next season. I'm not necessarily gonna tank, but I'm not gonna be bothered by losses the rest of the year.

Rorschach

ahu2y.jpg

Good news, everyone (especially Bob)!

I have to quit the league. You guys won't have to see Ford/Massaquoi/Lloyd/Miller unleashed!

Anyway, it's been nice. Thanks for the fun!

[edit]I can still play one more game if this thing advances before Monday. :|

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
We did it backwards. We already veto'ed the Stafford Schaub swap.

For basketball reasons.

Rorschach

you cant just quit and not say why
Not leaving right this minute!

I'm going back to my home planet
It's king crab season!
I'm going on tour with Madden Nation so I can compete to be the next champ!

Just gonna be out of the country for a few months. I won't have much innerweb access and no XBL access, so I can't play. It was a last minute thing, but I'm leaving Monday night.

Rors died on the way to his home planet.

lol beaten

LukeSmith

In equally interesting news, Darren McFadden and Richard Seymour have been traded to the Indianapolis Colts for a conditional pick. The Raiders agreed to retain their salaries for the remainder of the year

LukeSmith

FMT and Striker can't play till tomorrow
Mastershake and DM are either playing tomorrow or Mastershake is getting a shot at ye olde sim win

Birdman02

This is like Thanksgiving all over again. It feels like I haven't played in over a week...can't remember what night I played DCX. I hate bye weeks!!

Top Bottom