• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Nightz

GG Nightz.
GG man. I was off pretty much the whole game and you took advantage of it. Switching players and having them run the other direction when they're in a position to make a tackle is annoying. Happened so many times this game. Maybe I should have eaten before playing lol.
Upset of the week?

daw's definitely not a bad player. Being in the same division, I expect to take some losses since we play each other so much.

bluemax

Banned
GG man. I was off pretty much the whole game and you took advantage of it. Switching players and having them run the other direction when they're in a position to make a tackle is annoying. Happened so many times this game. Maybe I should have eaten before playing lol.

daw's definitely not a bad player. Being in the same division, I expect to take some losses since we play each other so much.

Oh I know how that goes, every so often I somehow beat FMT.

Birdman02

GG GCQ. My CBs didn't want to make a play on the deep ball, but a pick and forced fumble by user-controlled Vilma won me the game.

Other than a few wrong button presses by me (2 resulting in picks), Brees was on fire all game.

LOL, I just noticed the 30 yd TD to Steve Smith bounced off Porter's chest (or shoulder pad) first. At least he tried on that play.

GCQuinton

GG GCQ. My CBs didn't want to make a play on the deep ball, but a pick and forced fumble by user-controlled Vilma won me the game.

Other than a few wrong button presses by me (2 resulting in picks), Brees was on fire all game.

LOL, I just noticed the 30 yd TD to Steve Smith bounced off Porter's chest (or shoulder pad) first. At least he tried on that play.

GG man. Yeah, after a while I just stayed in zone for the rest of the game to try and limit Brees and just trusted my DL to get after everything else. Worked well enough (or not according to Brees's stats) but Cam's fumble in OT was just brutal.

On a positive note, I'm glad Jonathan Stewart wasn't lost for the rest of the year when he got hurt. THAT would have been worse than losing.

Can we get a sync?

Mrbob

Just need to tap X to slide. No more.

Nice job slanging with Rodgers. He unleashed his inner Favre that game.

I would like to know how I'm getting sacked on rushing plays though. Two times in the game.

yeah, sliding is pretty basic. the only explanation is if you are having heavy lag and the button press isn't registering. other than that i dont know. tap X and that's it

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Just need to tap X to slide. No more.

Nice job slanging with Rodgers. He unleashed his inner Favre that game.

I would like to know how I'm getting sacked on rushing plays though. Two times in the game.

that happens atleast once a game when I play fmt

edit: I never have a problem sliding. Which happens a lot with vick

Mrbob

Damn rain, caused me my first injury tonight. Meriweather out 5 weeks.

Forte cost me my first real red zone denial all season. Picked the ball off in the red zone and on the first hand off he fumbled it away back to GB. :( Got a couple more scores after but that streak is done.

on the "sacks on rushing plays", i think it happens for a couple reasons:

1. if you shift your line to one side or the other, and the other team shifts it opposite, sometimes a guy just slides right through

2. if you snap the ball while a shift is happening sometimes he slides through

of course, there have been times when i dont think either of those happens and you still get the insta-sack. i have it happen to me a couple times per season, and i do it a couple times per season at random (only seems to happen against CB, as he said!)

Ramirez

I'm going to bed, but here you go, it's processing now but should be ready in about 15 minutes.

http://youtu.be/ZICOMRnETPQ

Is this the video of...

-Mike Wallace being wide open due to your constant all out blitzing, but Batch missing him 3 times for wide open TDs?
-Dunlap opening the game with back to back sacks on pretty much instant pressure?
-Me getting sacked instantaneously near the goal line?
-The 9 offensive plays I had that were TFL?

I already said I got some lucky plays, but do not sit there and act like you were orchestrating some type of masterpiece and the game completely screwed you every drop of the hat.

Watching the video, I knew the 3 passing plays would be in there. The one with Brown is a tight window, he's in front of your guy, I don't see the problem. The Ward play, when I threw it, he was coming off a press and breaking into his route, when I threw it, he morphed up field. The Miller play was wide open, Batch made a terrible throw, maybe you should get someone a little closer on Miller when I'm in the RZ. *shrug*

I apologize for the motion play, if that happens every time I won't use it anymore, I rarely use it anyways. The fumble by Dalton is unfortunate, but it's not like I haven't had Ben fumble the same way, I knew you would try to scramble on that play, and I was ready for it, just lucky that I got a fumble. The tipped pass should have been picked probably, you had 2 PD to my 6 (I think) though, so again, it's not like you weren't catching breaks on that front.

Anyways, it's easy to sit there and paint a picture like that when there's only one side of the game being shown, so whatever.

Couldn't stop that Pat's O unless Sanjuro turned it over today, luckily Brady turned it over 12 times. Tsubakai also got penalties while controlling a defensive player on Jake Long's side of my PATs (aka the edge) at least 3 times, again. He d/ced as the game ended, couldn't upload Brady's hilarious scramble that ended in the fumble :(.

Tom Brady: 11 INT, 1 Fumble

Captain Munnerlyn: 3 INTs
Karlos Dansby: 2 INTs, 1 Forced Fumble
Antrel Rolle: 2 INTs
Cameron Wake: 2 INTs
Yeremiah Bell: 1 INT
Koa Misi: 1 INT

TheCrow

Couldn't stop that Pat's O unless Sanjuro turned it over today, luckily Brady turned it over 12 times. Tsubakai also got penalties while controlling a defensive player on Jake Long's side of my PATs (aka the edge) at least 3 times, again. He d/ced as the game ended, couldn't upload Brady's hilarious scramble that ended in the fumble :(.

Tom Brady: 11 INT, 1 Fumble

Captain Munnerlyn: 3 INTs
Karlos Dansby: 2 INTs, 1 Forced Fumble
Antrel Rolle: 2 INTs
Cameron Wake: 2 INTs
Yeremiah Bell: 1 INT
Koa Misi: 1 INT
hahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

BRhx6.gif

You set a new record!

Single Game Passing Attempts
Tom Brady
49 Attempts
Patriots: 10
Dolphins: 56

Just noticed you called a total of 3 run plays that game when historically Danny Woodhead lights me up.

Mrbob

Anyone else have their hands cramp up playing Mario Kart 7? I can't play the game longer than about 45 minutes before I have to quit. I think it has to do with using the L shoulder and R shoulder buttons constantly in the game. I'm buying the 3DS boat when it comes out Feb 7 to see if the extra size alleviates some pain for me while playing.

bluemax

Banned
Anyone else have their hands cramp up playing Mario Kart 7? I can't play the game longer than about 45 minutes before I have to quit. I think it has to do with using the L shoulder and R shoulder buttons constantly in the game. I'm buying the 3DS boat when it comes out Feb 7 to see if the extra size alleviates some pain for me while playing.

Depends upon how I am sitting/laying.

TheCrow

I've had no problem with this and I've worn out the battery playing Mario Kart.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Is this the video of...

-Mike Wallace being wide open due to your constant all out blitzing, but Batch missing him 3 times for wide open TDs?
-Dunlap opening the game with back to back sacks on pretty much instant pressure?
-Me getting sacked instantaneously near the goal line?
-The 9 offensive plays I had that were TFL?

I already said I got some lucky plays, but do not sit there and act like you were orchestrating some type of masterpiece and the game completely screwed you every drop of the hat.

Watching the video, I knew the 3 passing plays would be in there. The one with Brown is a tight window, he's in front of your guy, I don't see the problem. The Ward play, when I threw it, he was coming off a press and breaking into his route, when I threw it, he morphed up field. The Miller play was wide open, Batch made a terrible throw, maybe you should get someone a little closer on Miller when I'm in the RZ. *shrug*

I apologize for the motion play, if that happens every time I won't use it anymore, I rarely use it anyways. The fumble by Dalton is unfortunate, but it's not like I haven't had Ben fumble the same way, I knew you would try to scramble on that play, and I was ready for it, just lucky that I got a fumble. The tipped pass should have been picked probably, you had 2 PD to my 6 (I think) though, so again, it's not like you weren't catching breaks on that front.

Anyways, it's easy to sit there and paint a picture like that when there's only one side of the game being shown, so whatever.

Cmon pookie, you're essentially saying that all of the defensive miscues happened because I blitzed a lot and pressed your WRs. If I started a backup QB with 79 THP you wouldn't do the same? You're telling me that I got super lucky with all the TFLs while complaining that I was constantly blitzing...

Further, here's what you said a few days ago regarding playing against me:

The Charlie Batch era begins on a high note, 4 TDs/1 INT ( a complete brain fart by me, I used to never hit the wrong button!).

My D gives up nothing but 2 FGs, feels good man.

Wellie is going to destroy me though, Batch can't throw on the run, and I pretty much spend the whole game on the move against Wellie. :(

But you're somehow caught off guard by the pressure I put on Batch.

I didn't orchestrate a masterpiece, but you can't sit here and tell me after having played the game and watched the video that the score should have been anywhere near what it was.

Regarding my use of twins, only one that has ever said anything to me was Luke, and it's mostly us trolling each other. Has their been a game this season in which someone hasn't complained about you?

Top Bottom