• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

:(

I guess to bed I go.

DCX

To be fair, I don't know anything about DM and he might not even drink. But considering the shitty semesters engineering student go through, especially with design projects, I imagine he is finding a way to celebrate and relieve some of that stress. And alcohol combined with some random tail (hopefully he picks her out before he gets drunk) seems like a good way to go

McNei1y

It really sucks when your defense turns into complete butt after having a strong season last year. Yeah, player progression my ass. GG crow. I absolutely did not want to throw to Shiancoe on that play but instead of throwing to B (Jenkins) I tap A and throw a fucking 500 pass into 4 defenders. What the fuck. It could've at least been interesting being down by 7 and having my head in the game but whatever. Also sucks I throw a pick and give up a TD on the next play after having a clutch interception. GG. You're playcalling raped my defense in the first quarter. I did enjoy injuring Devine though. That was a monster hit.

I guess I'll just throw away the season and get a O-line and a Defense... To bad I won't be able to sign any of them because everyone wants so much freaking money and I'm about to hit the cap.

TheCrow

It really sucks when your defense turns into complete butt after having a strong season last year. Yeah, player progression my ass. GG crow. I absolutely did not want to throw to Shiancoe on that play but instead of throwing to B (Jenkins) I tap A and throw a fucking 500 pass into 4 defenders. What the fuck. It could've at least been interesting being down by 7 and having my head in the game but whatever. Also sucks I throw a pick and give up a TD on the next play after having a clutch interception. GG. You're playcalling raped my defense in the first quarter. I did enjoy injuring Devine though. That was a monster hit.

I guess I'll just throw away the season and get a O-line and a Defense... To bad I won't be able to sign any of them because everyone wants so much freaking money and I'm about to hit the cap.
GG, I was worried when Devine got carted away but he managed to avoid any serous injury. On the int I wasn't expecting the safety to come underneath the route. and I still hate TEs, they are magical in this game and can never be covered in man coverage.

Anyway, my new offense did pretty good. Too many drops in the first quarter but Tebow still put up decent numbers. As long as I can avoid ints I'll be happy.

McNei1y

GG, I was worried when Devine got carted away but he managed to avoid any serous injury. On the int I wasn't expecting the safety to come underneath the route. and I still hate TEs, they are magical in this game and can never be covered in man coverage.

Anyway, my new offense did pretty good. Too many drops in the first quarter but Tebow still put up decent numbers. As long as I can avoid ints I'll be happy.

It's pretty normal Tebow you got there. Scramble if no ones open. It's tough to handle especially with a slow defense.

I'm just upset my defense can't cover anything in man and then when I decide to do zone, there's always some gap open. It sucks going from playoffs to absolute crap lol. Super Bowl champs 2014.

TheCrow

It's pretty normal Tebow you got there. Scramble if no ones open. It's tough to handle especially with a slow defense.
I don't why he fumbles so much. His carry rating is around 90 but he fumbles in every game I try to scramble with him. Tebow should be running over defenders not taking knees. :(

McNei1y

I don't why he fumbles so much. His carry rating is around 90 but he fumbles in every game I try to scramble with him. Tebow should be running over defenders not taking knees. :(

Yeah I was surprised he fumbled on such a weak hit early in the game. He did get popped by Jared Allen and Jazz Berry later on but managed to hold on. Madden confuses me sometimes.

TheCrow

Just noticed my upcoming schedule:

vs Bengals (6-2)
@ Chiefs (2-6)
@ Billls (6-3)
@ Raiders (7-2)
@ Jets (3-5)
vs Raiders (7-2)
vs Bears (8-0)

The games against the Raiders can go either way since I have no idea what he'll bring to the table. Welli will be tough, like always, so I don't expect to win and I don't know what to expect from the Bills. The Chiefs and Jets are up in the air since they are away games and I've lost to them before. Hopefully I'll have secured my playoff spot by the Bears game so I can rest my players.

mik

mik is unbeatable
I don't know what to expect from the Bills.
Here's what to expect: around an 8:1 ratio of run to pass. Those passes will be short hooks, passes to the backs in the flats, or screens. Don't bother worrying about deep balls at all. Runs are mostly off tackle with Jackson, with an occasional counter from Spiller to try to get the edge. Basically, I will bore you to fucking death.

On defense, I'm in a zone almost all the time, sans a blitzer. The exception would be on a third and >7, where I'll probably do some kind of 2 over man with a blitzer. Mostly I'm just trying to keep people in front of me, not give up anything big, then dial up some pressure in the red zone and try to get a mistake. I control the FS and mostly patrol the middle of the field, where I'm decent enough to nab a user pick if you throw it there. But if you drag someone across the field, I'll lose them and you'll get a nice gain. I also bite on play action every time, so if your WR can beat my corner, there will be no help on my side of the field.

TheCrow

Here's what to expect: around an 8:1 ratio of run to pass. Those passes will be short hooks, passes to the backs in the flats, or screens. Don't bother worrying about deep balls at all. Runs are mostly off tackle with Jackson, with an occasional counter from Spiller to try to get the edge. Basically, I will bore you to fucking death.

On defense, I'm in a zone almost all the time, sans a blitzer. The exception would be on a third and >7, where I'll probably do some kind of 2 over man with a blitzer. Mostly I'm just trying to keep people in front of me, not give up anything big, then dial up some pressure in the red zone and try to get a mistake. I control the FS and mostly patrol the middle of the field, where I'm decent enough to nab a user pick if you throw it there. But if you drag someone across the field, I'll lose them and you'll get a nice gain. I also bite on play action every time, so if your WR can beat my corner, there will be no help on my side of the field.
That sounds exactly like me before my game against Mcneily. And I hate when my opponents use hook routes, my cbs never attempt to make plays. They just stand behind receivers and let them catch it.

DCX

DCX
Gg DM. Had chances late and my aggressive nature led to the loss.

With two and a half minutes left in the game, down three, I'm at his 28 yard line and decide to throw a pick :(

I tried playing for the win rather the tie and hive him the ball with three time outs and it failed. I stopped him ensuing drive giving me 20 seconds and zero timeouts but I stalled at the 50.

Oh well, ill take 13-10 over 30-0.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Just handle Wellie for me Crow, that's all I ask.

Just handle Crow for me Wellie, that's all I ask.

:jnc

If I managed to beat Welli, big if, it would only be my second win against an opponent with a winning record. But if my new offense works against him I'll know that it can work against anyone.

You're going to kill me dude. Don't sweat it. I haven't played in 8 days due to birthday and family activities as well as a bye. Ramirez is going to beat me by 100 tonight.

Smokey

Damn, Smokey not caring makes the AFC playoff picture easy mode.

Mixture of NBA coming back, the Texans actually being good, new BF3 Karakand maps, and my resurging desire to play 2K12 now that lockout is over and season is about to begin.

That said whoever I play (Luke?), I'll be around tonight for you to kill off my slim playoff hopes.

Nightz

Mixture of NBA coming back, the Texans actually being good, new BF3 Karakand maps, and my resurging desire to play 2K12 now that lockout is over and season is about to begin.

That said whoever I play (Luke?), I'll be around tonight for you to kill off my slim playoff hopes.

I was bored last week when Stern shot the first CP3 trade down, so I started a season and traded CP3 and D12 to the Clippers. I am now 10-0. Alley-oops galore!

Smokey

I broke his soul last post season.

Please son. You caught me after I slayed the dragon. An achievement you've never been able to do. I was ripe for a beatdown. Besides all you did was Twin it up. Dat Steeler cheese!

I was bored last week when Stern shot the first CP3 trade down, so I started a season and traded CP3 and D12 to the Clippers. I am now 10-0. Alley-oops galore!

Pretty accurate to how it'll be this season. They had a patch yesterday which improved some stuff. Association is good. Almost too good.

FMT said:
How is 2k12 on pc? Its only $10 on amazon

If it's only $10 go for it. You're a high roller, you'll make that back in a minute or so during the work week :p

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
If it's only $10 go for it. You're a high roller, you'll make that back in a minute or so during the work week :p

I would think it would take longer than a minute, but I would also hope he'd charge more than $10.

McNei1y

Smokey, is NBA2k12's online messed up? I don't know why I'm asking because it always seems like 2k's games are messed up online.

Smokey

Smokey, is NBA2k12's online messed up? I don't know why I'm asking because it always seems like 2k's games are messed up online.

No, it works fine. Maybe it didn't at first, but I just started playing it after the lockout ended. They've had a couple of patches in that span, but I've played 30 something games online with no problems.

Top Bottom