• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

eznark

Banned
I want to break a fucking controller. That lag INT in the first quarter. The HOFinley Hail Mary 47 yard TD on 3rd and 23. Starks beasting all over the place. Taylor dropping a sure first down on 3rd and 3 with no time left. My defense continuing to suck shit on third downs.

Sigh. First half and start of third quarter I felt good, and then it was like I was playing against God mode and had no answers.

That was Morley, not Finley, and it wasn't really a hail mary. You had a safety on a wide out so I checked into a fly. I was planning on greeting like ten on an out then going for it on 4th.

No idea where that defense came from. I started blitzing weak side and zoning over Carlson in the second half.

bluemax

Banned
That was Morley, not Finley, and it wasn't really a hail mary. You had a safety on a wide out so I checked into a fly. I was planning on greeting like ten on an out then going for it on 4th.

No idea where that defense came from. I started blitzing weak side and zoning over Carlson in the second half.

Meh, I guess it serves me for being in a cover 2 against your TEs, still annoying.

I think it was the blitzing more than covering Carlson.

eznark

Banned
Meh, I guess it serves me for being in a cover 2 against your TEs, still annoying.

I think it was the blitzing more than covering Carlson.

Morley isn't a tight end. He's a rookie WR. Stud!

Maybe, just letting you know what I did, maybe it'll help your playoff run.

Tebow bless you!

bluemax

Banned
Morley isn't a tight end. He's a rookie WR. Stud!

Maybe, just letting you know what I did, maybe it'll help your playoff run.

I'm just really bad at defending 4+ WR situations. I knew I was gonna have trouble coming in. I was frustrated near the end when you were doing 3WR and Branch couldnt prevent Finley from making all those grabs.

Earl Thomas still should've been back there on that 47 yard TD, I don't know why he wasn't.

I have trash corners and trash LBers though, so if my safeties don't make plays I usually end up fucked.

eznark

Banned
I'm just really bad at defending 4+ WR situations. I knew I was gonna have trouble coming in. I was frustrated near the end when you were doing 3WR and Branch couldnt prevent Finley from making all those grabs.

Earl Thomas still should've been back there on that 47 yard TD, I don't know why he wasn't.

I have trash corners and trash LBers though, so if my safeties don't make plays I usually end up fucked.

I think that's the first time I ever had 100 yards rushing in a league game. Shit just broke my way for once. More than anything it was luck.

GCQuinton

GG DM. And just like that, the Panthers have crashed back to Earth at .500. If I had any confidence in my rookie kicker I would have taken a shot for the win at the end of regulation.

Two straight division losses in overtime. Ugh.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, ALL of my division losses have come in OT so far. Double Ugh.

DMczaf

GG DM. And just like that, the Panthers have crashed back to Earth at .500. If I had any confidence in my rookie kicker I would have taken a shot for the win at the end of regulation.

Two straight division losses in overtime. Ugh.

I was shocked you didn't go for that FG. I was like "Does he think he has another timeout left?"

GG. Lots of INTs by both teams, I just stuck with Blount in OT so I wouldn't throw another dumb pass lol.

DCX

DCX
Going to bed Shake..tonight would have been a good time to get the game out of the way :/ Let me know when you can play tomorrow.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Shake..let me know what time is good today friend. I have a fantasy basketball draft @ 3. It would better suit me to play you after 9pm est.

DCX

Eznark, you bought the Blood Bowl board game, right? The one with the cards and such? Its on amazon right now for $16 and I'm thinking of pulling the trigger. Any impressions of it?

eznark

Banned
Eznark, you bought the Blood Bowl board game, right? The one with the cards and such? Its on amazon right now for $16 and I'm thinking of pulling the trigger. Any impressions of it?

Actually I haven't pulled the trigger yet either. I keep meaning to watch the Dice Tower youtube review of it. At $16 though, I'm just gonna order it. I'm interested in how they deal with a football game within the deck building mechanic more than anything. My wife is going to hate it and none of my friends are big enough dorks to play board games with me.

Just ordered it, for that price how can yoiu not?

Actually I haven't pulled the trigger yet either. I keep meaning to watch the Dice Tower youtube review of it. At $16 though, I'm just gonna order it. I'm interested in how they deal with a football game within the deck building mechanic more than anything. My wife is going to hate it and none of my friends are big enough dorks to play board games with me.

Just ordered it, for that price how can yoiu not?

I ordered it earlier too. I just couldn't help myself

MEGATRON DID IT

FUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKK YESSSSSSSSSS

megatron1.jpg

and the refs. Don't forget the refs

McNei1y

Megatron gave me a chance in one of my fantasy leagues. Now all I need is for Big Ben to play through his injury and Ravens D to have a combined points of 20+ and I get some guaranteed money. Already got one league on lock.

Bird, I play you this week. I don't think I'll be able to play tonight since I've got two exams tomorrow but I may be able to play at some point tomorrow in the afternoon.

LukeSmith

Friendly heads up, a bunch of people are way the fuck over the cap or have players who haven't been signed with contract values and here's the first part of what's being done with these teams:

1. Players who don't have contracts will a 1 year deal assigned to them for approximate equal value for players rated that way in the league.
2. Teams over the cap will take a TBD cap hit next season. After I talk with FMT, I'll announce the number (in Millions) that will be penalized per team.

Thanks to DCX for alerting me to these infractions

eznark

Banned
Wait? The game doesn't do that for you?

Also, fuck you DCX you fucking narc. Snitches get stitches. (I have no idea what my cap situation is)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Friendly heads up, a bunch of people are way the fuck over the cap or have players who haven't been signed with contract values and here's the first part of what's being done with these teams:

1. Players who don't have contracts will a 1 year deal assigned to them for approximate equal value for players rated that way in the league.
2. Teams over the cap will take a TBD cap hit next season. After I talk with FMT, I'll announce the number (in Millions) that will be penalized per team.

Thanks to DCX for alerting me to these infractions

Come on baby...don't fear the reaper
Baby take my hand...don't fear the reaper
We'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper

LukeSmith

Naughty List:
Chiefs $-2,381,673
Jets $-4,183,233
Texans $-1,329,681
Packers $-25,974

Next steps:
1. Get your team under the cap before you play again please!
2. You'll end up with a cap penalty for next year baseline based on who you drop, in addition to whatever slap on the wrist ends up coming down the pike.

Reminder:
Use LM to sign people please!

daw840

Naughty List:
Chiefs $-2,381,673
Jets $-4,183,233
Texans $-1,329,681
Packers $-25,974

Next steps:
1. Get your team under the cap before you play again please!
2. You'll end up with a cap penalty for next year baseline based on who you drop, in addition to whatever slap on the wrist ends up coming down the pike.

Reminder:
Use LM to sign people please!

WTH? I was fine at the beginning of the season, what happened? I admittedly haven't even looked at the LM site for quite a while.

DCX

DCX
Some rookies were not signed. We used a couple of methods to assign these contracts to rooks.

1- drop and sign off free agency
2- go to contract year and those without contracts sign them.

Some teams went without signing these players which left them as ghosts contract wise on the roster.

It sucks to those who had a tight budget without noticing because now they are over, in some cases, way over.

DCX

daw840

Also, fuck a penalty hit next season. That's kind of bullshit. My roster wasn't any better because of the cap issues. All I had to do was drop a couple of players I literally never use. Now I'm under the cap.

Top Bottom