• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

DCX

DCX
If you didn't sign a rookie, why wouldn't they just be dropped?

Someone had a 30 year old punter unsigned. It wasn't all rooks. This is something people have to manage themselves. You don't want the rook, they should be cut by YOU.

DCX

eznark

Banned
Someone had a 30 year old punter unsigned. It wasn't all rooks. This is something people have to manage themselves. You don't want the rook, they should be cut by YOU.

DCX

I would assume not giving someone a contract would cut them. I don't actually think I did this, but that seems logical. It also seems far more logical to make that person a free agent instead of covertly signing them to that team.

DCX

DCX
I would assume not giving someone a contract would cut them. I don't actually think I did this, but that seems logical. It also seems far more logical to make that person a free agent instead of covertly signing them to that team.

its week 11..dude still on the roster, its your problem and the assumption is you want them there. If not you could have dropped them yourself.

not my rules bro.

DCX

eznark

Banned
its week 11..dude still on the roster, its your problem and the assumption is you want them there. If not you could have dropped them yourself.

not my rules bro.

DCX

I like that you pay more attention to my video game football roster than I do. Makes me feel good about my life choices.

gg MMK

That was about as un-fun as possible. But nothing can take the high from the Lions real life win. That int where your player warped through Megatron's hands was pretty awful, though. Your DB's catch better than most receivers do =(

And you play really well as a manual defender. It was frustrating

gg MMK

That was about as un-fun as possible. But nothing can take the high from the Lions real life win. That int where your player warped through Megatron's hands was pretty awful, though. Your DB's catch better than most receivers do =(

And you play really well as a manual defender. It was frustrating

yea it really seems like things werent going your way..and that int did look pretty terrible. Thanks I try to stay in front of the receivers most of the time.

Birdman02

Megatron gave me a chance in one of my fantasy leagues. Now all I need is for Big Ben to play through his injury and Ravens D to have a combined points of 20+ and I get some guaranteed money. Already got one league on lock.

Bird, I play you this week. I don't think I'll be able to play tonight since I've got two exams tomorrow but I may be able to play at some point tomorrow in the afternoon.

Only time I could play tomorrow afternoon would be right at 6 est. I'll be watching the 49er game tomorrow night.

DCX

DCX
I like that you pay more attention to my video game football roster than I do. Makes me feel good about my life choices.

Well, while waiting for Mastershake to ditch me today, i decided to look at potential trade targets for the off-season. In my research i noticed some of the errors which made me curious to see how many teams were afflicted.

In essence, you indirectly cause me to snoop lol

My bad.

DCX

Smokey

Naughty List:
Chiefs $-2,381,673
Jets $-4,183,233
Texans $-1,329,681
Packers $-25,974

Next steps:
1. Get your team under the cap before you play again please!
2. You'll end up with a cap penalty for next year baseline based on who you drop, in addition to whatever slap on the wrist ends up coming down the pike.

Reminder:
Use LM to sign people please!

What?

I have been 400k under the cap all season, how am I now at 1.3 million?

eznark

Banned
Well, while waiting for Mastershake to ditch me today, i decided to look at potential trade targets for the off-season. In my research i noticed some of the errors which made me curious to see how many teams were afflicted.

In essence, you indirectly cause me to snoop lol

My bad.

DCX

No worries.

Don't ever try to trade with me again.

I have been 400k under the cap all season, how am I now at 1.3 million?
Cabal probably signed Jeff Garcia for you.

McNei1y

Only time I could play tomorrow afternoon would be right at 6 est. I'll be watching the 49er game tomorrow night.

Alright. I'll let you know by tomorrow if that time is good. If not, I guess Tuesday will be the day (but then again I have an exam to study for on Wednesday)

eznark

Banned
I'd like to know the punishment before I make a move. I'm tired of making player decisions then being told later that it had some impact that was just randomly decided on.

Smokey

I don't understand how I've been at 470k or so under the cap...and now I'm at -1.7 million and I have made zero moves or trades.

DCX

DCX
I don't understand how I've been at 470k or so under the cap...and now I'm at -1.7 million and I have made zero moves or trades.

you had an unsigned player on your roster which was assigned a salary based off position and rating. Cooper Scott 76 LT.

Last question i answer. Talk to the commish -------> Luke

Shake, bro..talk to me :(

DCX

bluemax

Banned
Meh, I'll fess up to signing a guy in game and not through LM. Why? Because LM's contract system is kind of dumb. Why the shit should I have to pay a guy off the street a full years salary to fill in for 4 weeks or so? If I could sign dudes to contracts the resemble the real world minimum, or prorated deals or if we had any kind of real practice squad for when guys go down for 11 weeks then I would do those things.

At any rate I've signed Clark Haggans for 1 year 1.7 million and a $250k bonus which is a fucking stupid amount of money for a 50 million year old veteran filling in for a couple of weeks.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Meh, I'll fess up to signing a guy in game and not through LM. Why? Because LM's contract system is kind of dumb. Why the shit should I have to pay a guy off the street a full years salary to fill in for 4 weeks or so? If I could sign dudes to contracts the resemble the real world minimum, or prorated deals or if we had any kind of real practice squad for when guys go down for 11 weeks then I would do those things.

At any rate I've signed Clark Haggans for 1 year 1.7 million and a $250k bonus which is a fucking stupid amount of money for a 50 million year old veteran filling in for a couple of weeks.

So just for clarification you ignored the rules just because you think the system is dumb

eznark

Banned
Since it seems like these people being over are a result of you guys signing players to our teams, why don't you go in and fix it? Just cut whatever player you signed causing the problem. It was obviously a miscommunication (though maybe not in blue's case) so just undo your meddling and we're gold.

If we didn't have them signed, they shouldn't have been on our teams anyway.

DCX

DCX
Since it seems like these people being over are a result of you guys signing players to our teams, why don't you go in and fix it? Just cut whatever player you signed causing the problem. It was obviously a miscommunication (though maybe not in blue's case) so just undo your meddling and we're gold.

If we didn't have them signed, they shouldn't have been on our teams anyway.

This isnt the NBA. LM. League Manager. Manage your own team bro. Cut the dude you didnt think you needed and we are golden.

Of 32 teams. We had 4 teams over the cap. The Cards were one of the teams with unsigned player/s but he was under the cap and had money to sign the player/s anyway.

You just have to do a better job managing your roster.

DCX

bluemax

Banned
Am I really going to get penalized for signing a 74 ovr LB who is replacing an injured 76 ovr LB? Its not like I don't have the money to sign him and its not like I'm sneaking in and signing him to a long term deal to stash on my roster. I've already gone ahead and signed him, so he played all of 1 game while not "under contract" and I didn't even win the fucking game.

What I did was "wrong", but I'm not sure who I am harming.

eznark

Banned
This isnt the NBA. LM. League Manager. Manage your own team bro. Cut the dude you didnt think you needed and we are golden.

Of 32 teams. We had 4 teams over the cap. The Cards were one of the teams with unsigned player/s but he was under the cap and had money to sign the player/s anyway.

You just have to do a better job managing your roster.

DCX

I think that's what most of us were doing. The problem seems to have occurred when you guys decided to manage them as well? And since our punishments are based on who we cut, I'm going to wait to find out more details.

Am I really going to get penalized for signing a 74 ovr LB who is replacing an injured 76 ovr LB? Its not like I don't have the money to sign him and its not like I'm sneaking in and signing him to a long term deal to stash on my roster.

You broke the rules for your advantage. That harms everyone except you. If I was in that situation I would've made a cut or switched to a 4-3.

Didn't realize you had the money, that's just silly.

TheCrow

I think that's what most of us were doing. The problem seems to have occurred when you guys decided to manage them as well? And since our punishments are based on who we cut, I'm going to wait to find out more details.
I think they just gave the guys that people signed contracts. They were only under the cap because they had signed players but didn't give them contracts.

eznark

Banned
I think they just gave the guys that people signed contracts. They were only under the cap because they had signed players but didn't give them contracts.

I must be missing something in the Madden system because I don't see how that even works. Obviously you know our rosters better than most of us DCX, you were able to tell Smokey what his issue was in 4 minutes. Just tell me what I'm supposed to do and I will go Ted Thompson and wash my hands of free agency.

DCX

DCX

Week 11. You had players on your roster that were not signed or cut. ( managed by you )

For salary cap purposes , these player HAVE to be signed. They are ON the roster. Some player even played and had stats. Tackles, rushes..not just roster spots. They have to be accounted for.

If you do not want someone, and don't want to pay them, hit the green button that reads drop.

Simple really. Cabal shouldn't have to drop them for you, but will sign unsigned player that have played and made it past week 10 and even a trade dead line :/

If anything ,same on cabal for not picking this up earlier :/

DCX

CB3

Am I really going to get penalized for signing a 74 ovr LB who is replacing an injured 76 ovr LB? Its not like I don't have the money to sign him and its not like I'm sneaking in and signing him to a long term deal to stash on my roster. I've already gone ahead and signed him, so he played all of 1 game while not "under contract" and I didn't even win the fucking game.

You willing broke rules without telling anyone. i dont see how you DONT get penalized.

bluemax

Banned
You broke the rules for your advantage. That harms everyone except you. If I was in that situation I would've made a cut or switched to a 4-3.

I had cap space and roster space, I didn't need to make a cut. We are 10 weeks into the season and no one else had signed the guy. Realistically the only thing I did wrong was not make LM say I paid him fictional dollars. I did it as a matter of principle because I think there should be a way to prorate salaries for players signed mid season.

You willing broke rules without telling anyone. i dont see how you DONT get penalized.

Cool. So breaking a stupid small rule that affected no one gets everyone up in arms and demands a penalty but rocket catches, slot cheese, drop back cheese, l running, michael vick bull shit are all on the up and up?

This league is fucking stupid if that's the case. Bunch of wacked out children who will go to any length to skirt the fucking rules in a game and its all gravy but HOLY SHIT ONE GUY SIGNED A MEDIOCRE LINE BACKER THAT HE COULD TOTALLY AFFORD BUT DIDNT ACTUALLY PAY HIM AND WE NEED TO THROW THE GOD DAMN BOOK AT HIM.

Do you see why this is incredibly stupid?

CB3

I had cap space and roster space, I didn't need to make a cut. We are 10 weeks into the season and no one else had signed the guy. Realistically the only thing I did wrong was not make LM say I paid him fictional dollars. I did it as a matter of principle because I think there should be a way to prorate salaries for players signed mid season.

how do you intend on making a statement if you dont tell anyone what your trying to do.
You should have maybe mentioned this thought of yours on here? Or said "hey i signed this dude for free because the way its setup is dumb". Not sneak this dude without anyone noticing.

Edit: Your free to mention any problems in game that you have. Smokey's dropping back got canned pretty quick, didnt it? so your argument isnt very valid :(

DCX

DCX

Shitt...if it were up to me i wouldn't pay McClure 7 mill. Or have Gonzo, Abraham take less money to chase a ring in ATL but we work with the system we got.

DCX

eznark

Banned
Week 11. You had players on your roster that were not signed or cut. ( managed by you )

For salary cap purposes , these player HAVE to be signed. They are ON the roster. Some player even played and had stats. Tackles, rushes..not just roster spots. They have to be accounted for.

If you do not want someone, and don't want to pay them, hit the green button that reads drop.

Simple really. Cabal shouldn't have to drop them for you, but will sign unsigned player that have played and made it past week 10 and even a trade dead line :/

If anything ,same on cabal for not picking this up earlier :/

DCX

This was highly unhelpful.

Who wants to trade me a 2nd round pick for someone expensive? Oh yeah, trade dead line. Well, someone watch the waiver wire so DCX doesn't get whatever guy I drop please.

bluemax

Banned
how do you intend on making a statement if you dont tell anyone what your trying to do.
You should have maybe mentioned this thought of yours on here? Or said "hey i signed this dude for free because the way its setup is dumb". Not sneak this dude without anyone noticing.

Because if I've learned anything from you assholes its that its better to do whatever you think you can away with and justify it only when someone calls you out. That's the way you kids have been playing this league for years.

CB3

Because if I've learned anything from you assholes its that its better to do whatever you think you can away with and justify it only when someone calls you out. That's the way you kids have been playing this league for years.

Its not cheating if you dont get caught.

You got caught.

eznark

Banned
So it it better for me to drop a highly rated guy or a low rated guy or does it matter. Does his production matter? If I drop a guy who has zero stats do I get zero penalty? If I drop my 90 rated punter am I boned?

Please explain the punishment structure so I can comply with the rules.

Kim Jong Il may be dead but his spirit is alive and well.

So it it better for me to drop a highly rated guy or a low rated guy or does it matter. Does his production matter? If I drop a guy who has zero stats do I get zero penalty? If I drop my 90 rated punter am I boned?

Please explain the punishment structure so I can comply with the rules.

Kim Jong Il may be dead but his spirit is alive and well.

:jnc

CB3

If you ain't cheating you ain't trying.

We should just let Vumpler back in this league. He'd fit in with all you skirt the rules bastards.

i dunno who is skirting the rules.

Statistically slot recievers/TE cheese usually catch 3rd down balls in real life
Mike Vick runs. Deal with it
Smokey's drop back was handled. He doesnt do it anymore

So what exactly are you whining about here. Your the one that skirted the rules. But your yelling at everyone else.

DCX

DCX

Who wants to trade me a 2nd round pick for someone expensive?

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

What a super troll!!!

Morley wasn't signed. I signed him for 1 year 600k

DCX

i dunno who is skirting the rules.

Statistically slot recievers/TE cheese usually catch 3rd down balls in real life
Mike Vick runs. Deal with it
Smokey's drop back was handled. He doesnt do it anymore

So what exactly are you whining about here. Your the one that skirted the rules. But your yelling at everyone else.

You sent 4 deep again and again and just ran with Vick on that game winning drive. I'll never forget.

DCX

DCX

Who wants to trade me a 2nd round pick for someone expensive? Oh yeah, trade dead line. Well, someone watch the waiver wire so DCX doesn't get whatever guy I drop please.

I have 59k lol I couldn't afford him anyways. Why you mad at me son? I enforced rules set by the commish.

I found the glitch in the Matrix because you wouldn't make a deal with me so i was scouting. In doing the scouting, Bluemax confessed. So alot of good was done today, including the Pack losing.

DCX

eznark

Banned
I have 59k lol I couldn't afford him anyways. Why you mad at me son? I enforced rules set by the commish.

I found the glitch in the Matrix because you wouldn't make a deal with me so i was scouting. In doing the scouting, Bluemax confessed. So alot of good was done today, including the Pack losing.

DCX

Out of curiosity, how did you determine Morley deserved a 3 year deal?

Top Bottom