• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

eznark

Banned
He doesn't.

DCX

uBTBE.png

I guess I am reading "years left" wrong?

eznark

Banned
On my end it shows that he only has a 1 year contract. Maybe refresh the page.

So at one point he obviously had a three year deal. Then it's determined people have fucked with signing people and it's discovered he is supposedly unsigned, and now he has a one year deal.

Yup, this all checks out.

DCX

DCX
Cool. So breaking a stupid small rule that affected no one gets everyone up in arms and demands a penalty but rocket catches, slot cheese, drop back cheese, l running, michael vick bull shit are all on the up and up?

This league is fucking stupid if that's the case. Bunch of wacked out children who will go to any length to skirt the fucking rules in a game and its all gravy but HOLY SHIT ONE GUY SIGNED A MEDIOCRE LINE BACKER THAT HE COULD TOTALLY AFFORD BUT DIDNT ACTUALLY PAY HIM AND WE NEED TO THROW THE GOD DAMN BOOK AT HIM.

Do you see why this is incredibly stupid?

We all play a flawed game to start. Some people know exactly how to attack this flawed game within the rules we set. Twins not withstanding. lol

Sometimes Cbs run across the field to switch matchups presnap, LBS covering 99 spd wrs, suction blocks etc. it's all subjective forms of bending not breaking rules.

What you did broke a rule, but most importantly, the spirit of what this league represents. In reality, it has no impact. The dude didn't set records in the game he played in or anything but still. It is worse the "bending" gameplay rules.

DCX

bluemax

Banned
Yes. go ahead and talk to the ruler with an iron fist. im sure he'll go easier on you than me

At least he's an adult and not some petulant child.

We all play a flawed game to start. Some people know exactly how to attack this flawed game within the rules we set. Twins not withstanding. lol

Sometimes Cbs run across the field to switch matchups presnap, LBS covering 99 spd wrs, suction blocks etc. it's all subjective forms of bending not breaking rules.

What you did broke a rule, but most importantly, the spirit of what this league represents. In reality, it has no impact. The dude didn't set records in the game he played in or anything but still. It is worse the "bending" gameplay rules.

DCX

And sometimes you L Run with Michael Turner and I don't say anything because I still won the game. Shrug.

DCX

DCX
At least he's an adult and not some petulant child.

And sometimes you L Run with Michael Turner and I don't say anything because I still won the game. Shrug.

L running with Turn is impossible. It bends the time space continuum. I'm am pretty sure anyone i played against will tell you i fall forward with Turner 99% of time. Good try.

DCX

DCX

DCX
So at one point he obviously had a three year deal. Then it's determined people have fucked with signing people and it's discovered he is supposedly unsigned, and now he has a one year deal.

Yup, this all checks out.

Ugh, why must you be such a pain in the ass. The player had a preset three year contract hold. Its hard to explain but when you see that there is a placeholder for a three year contract. I edited your contract first.

Luke then told me to just sign them to one year deals. So i went back and assigned him to a one year deal. You must have had LM open since this all started which is why you still saw 3 years. /Cabal

(Luke): approximate contracts for the missing players
(Luke): based on what other people are paid for that position
(Luke): and sign them all to 1 year deals

DCX

eznark

Banned
Ugh, why must you be such a pain in the ass. The player had a preset three year contract hold. Its hard to explain but when you see that there is a placeholder for a three year contract. I edited your contract first.

Luke then told me to just sign them to one year deals. So i went back and assigned him to a one year deal. You must have had LM open since this all started which is why you still saw 3 years. /Cabal

DCX

Yeah, that's what happened.

Whatever, Rodgers cut.

bluemax

Banned
L running with Turn is impossible. It bends the time space continuum. I'm am pretty sure anyone i played against will tell you i fall forward with Turner 99% of time. Good try.

DCX

So that thing where you ran to the sideline and then broke upfield on every run play and beat my LBers and DEs all game wasn't an exploit? Okay.

I guess you're just mad that I took a team with half the talent of what you started with and built them into a fringe playoff contender. Its cool, we can't all be GM of the year.

eznark

Banned
No idea what's going on with league manager but Troy Smith is no longer on my team. I certainly didn't drop him. I doubt I'd be very successful with zero quarterbacks, though the Ravens and 49ers have come far.

DCX

DCX
So that thing where you ran to the sideline and then broke upfield on every run play and beat my LBers and DEs all game wasn't an exploit? Okay.

I guess you're just mad that I took a team with half the talent of what you started with and built them into a fringe playoff contender. Its cool, we can't all be GM of the year.

Wait what? First off, if i L ran every SINGLE play like you said why did you mention it. Why do you feel now is the time to attempt this master troll?

Ask everyone but you how i run and you will get " dive, off tackle, draw, counter " 99% of the time.

I'm not mad at all friend, but lets not pretend here you are being wronged at all. You had 180 yards to your TE and you want to preach about exploits...stand down boy.

DCX

DCX

DCX
the fuck? forreal lol?

Yea, some douche who used to play in our league did this all the time. Kickoff returns, running plays etc. Despite what our resident Martha Stewart says, i do not do.

Actually against Dm i think i almost did it. I ran a sweep or a screen to Vereen and i saw him coming to hitstick me into yesterday and i just outran his hitstick and ran up field for like a gain of 3 yards lol

You would need a a really fast Rb to pull it off one would think High spd and acl. Which Turner is neither. lol

DCX

Ramirez

GG Smokey.

Good to have Ben back. :)

Also, I agree with no penalty for these dudes next season, no one even brought it up until week 11, chances are none of them even knew.

what the F is going on here!

guys, just get under the cap and please don't try to circumvent the system. if you can't afford a free agent then you can't afford him. this is an imperfect system but it's the system we are all playing under. this shouldn't be hard to follow and although i agree its lame that there are 30-something guys who have been sitting there for weeks that's what we have to work with (believe me, i could use the help at spots but i have no money to do it!)

in other news, albatross if you see this get at me!

Ramirez

what the F is going on here!

guys, just get under the cap and please don't try to circumvent the system. if you can't afford a free agent then you can't afford him. this is an imperfect system but it's the system we are all playing under. this shouldn't be hard to follow and although i agree its lame that there are 30-something guys who have been sitting there for weeks that's what we have to work with (believe me, i could use the help at spots but i have no money to do it!)

in other news, albatross if you see this get at me!

Sync the site.

Foote out for 2 weeks. :(

Yea, some douche who used to play in our league did this all the time. Kickoff returns, running plays etc. Despite what our resident Martha Stewart says, i do not do.

Actually against Dm i think i almost did it. I ran a sweep or a screen to Vereen and i saw him coming to hitstick me into yesterday and i just outran his hitstick and ran up field for like a gain of 3 yards lol

You would need a a really fast Rb to pull it off one would think High spd and acl. Which Turner is neither. lol

DCX

to tell you the truth it looks like it doesnt even work.

eznark

Banned
Wellington, this is your first Steam sale a a true master race member correct? How stoked are you? What are you buying!?!!?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wellington, this is your first Steam sale a a true master race member correct? How stoked are you? What are you buying!?!!?

No way dude, I've been a master race member for years I just never really took advantage of steam the way I should have. I really started with it last christmas sale. All of my gaming time has gone to Skyrim tho so I don't know if anything else will be worth a buy friend!

(It started today? SWEET)

$7.49 for Portal 2 is ridiculous. Holy fuck.

gg tross. just one of those games where everything was working for me. got away with a couple passes that probably should have been picked (the one in the endzone to crabtree). i started off being very cautious with fitz but you didn't really test him deep so i started gambling with some blitzes which got there

back in first place alone again!

eznark

Banned
I don't see anything worth buying today that I don't already own. Get Orcs Must Die everyone!

Also, I can't drop Aaron Rodgers because Troy Smith has apparently been Raptured. Would the league consider it tanking if Tim Masthay played QB for the rest of the year? Would the punishment for tanking exceed the punishment I'm to receive for letting DCX sign my players?

I don't see anything worth buying today that I don't already own. Get Orcs Must Die everyone!

Also, I can't drop Aaron Rodgers because Troy Smith has apparently been Raptured. Would the league consider it tanking if Tim Masthay played QB for the rest of the year? Would the punishment for tanking exceed the punishment I'm to receive for letting DCX sign my players?

you're fine bro, calm down!

i think the only thing i'm buying today is portal 2. $7.49 seems like a pretty good deal for that amount

LukeSmith

Hibernation_sickness.JPG

I come out of DOTA hibernation sickness and look at what's happening!

Is it possible there was a backend correction done to salaries on Derek's side and Smokey/Ferny/Eznark and whoever else was over didn't in fact add players but rather a server side salary update pushed them over the cap?

If that's the case, I don't think anyone should get "punished." If it's not, I think the only punishment would be eating the cap hit on the player they end up cutting, since there's not even a great way of penalizing and tracking dropped players on the admin end (thanks, hobbyist).

M.M.K. getting a face full of Madden drama in his first week, close your eyes brother, it stings a little bit

Mrbob

Steam is making a mockery of the PSN and XBL holiday sales. Not only sales, but with extras added to go back to games for the holiday season. MS and Sony are doomed when it comes to digital distribution. Enjoy that Kinect gravy train now MS because it is going to be a hard crash once people get sick of it. We'll see if Sony steps up to the plate in the digital arena with Vita.

Orcs Must Die is a steal at $3.74. DLC at 75 percent off is worth getting too.

DCX

DCX
Hibernation_sickness.JPG

I come out of DOTA hibernation sickness and look at what's happening!

Is it possible there was a backend correction done to salaries on Derek's side and Smokey/Ferny/Eznark and whoever else was over didn't in fact add players but rather a server side salary update pushed them over the cap?

If that's the case, I don't think anyone should get "punished." If it's not, I think the only punishment would be eating the cap hit on the player they end up cutting, since there's not even a great way of penalizing and tracking dropped players on the admin end (thanks, hobbyist).

M.M.K. getting a face full of Madden drama in his first week, close your eyes brother, it stings a little bit
Maybe. All I know was there was a few players without contract info. Just place holders for three year deals.

I signed them all to one year deals. The fact that not everyone was afflicted could lead me to believe these things :

1) not wanted
2) owners were waiting for it to auto correct itself
3) they were signed at one point and the patch or upgrade or voodoo Derek does when he feels like it messed it up.

I do know first hand knowledge that Smokey wasn't aware fully that he had an unsigned player but did say he was going to cut him. So I think he expected since he didn't sign him ( he was a drafted player ) he would be cut anyways since we hit that release 0 year players button.

I think we hit it before the rookies were taken cared of. So I can see were that assumption can be made.

We did have situations with unsigned players actually playing in games so I can't assume if they are not signed to just cut them either.

It is what it is. Lesson is manage your team. See something weird just report it so we can fix it. Cabal can't do and see it all.

DCX

eznark

Banned
Maybe. All I know was there was a few players without contract info. Just place holders for three year deals.
I don't even know what to look for, apparently. I've been in LM like 4 times since the draft. I sorted my guys by years left, checked to see if I wanted to sign anyone, then left. Since dude had a three year deal on LM, I don't know why it would have looked funny to me.

bluemax

Banned
Seahawks without LBer Clark Haggans for first half of Rams game.

The league has penalized the Seahawks for improper contract negotiations with the veteran line backer and has determined that he will be required to sit for the first half of the Seahawks next game. Coach Pete Carroll has yet to announce who will take Haggans spot in the starting line up.

DCX

DCX
I don't even know what to look for, apparently. I've been in LM like 4 times since the draft. I sorted my guys by years left, checked to see if I wanted to sign anyone, then left. Since dude had a three year deal on LM, I don't know why it would have looked funny to me.
Yea I did his contract first. It was empty. It had a place holder for a three year deal. Three years were highlighted but no money was entered.

So when I got the green light to enter the info I did it for three years then I got the word from Luke to just make it one. When you asked me who was your guy that was the issue I saw he was at 3 years and changed it.

Your case is perfect to use because you used him and even scored a TD with him last game. If I went just cutting players there would have been backlash as well.

On a weird note. I gave Smokeys unsigned guy a contract last night. Saw he was under the cap assumed he cut him only to see this morning his contract is empty and hr didn't cut anyone. So something is up.

DCX

eznark

Banned
Your case is perfect to use because you used him and even scored a TD with him last game. If I went just cutting players there would have been backlash as well.

DCX

Not from me there wouldn't have been. I have no idea how I can have a guy on my roster who doesn't have a contract. I certainly didn't magic him onto my team. He didn't belong there and should have been cut.

You know the best way to handle it though? How bout letting someone know about it before doing it? "Hey dude, you've got an obscure roster issue and we think we should handle it this way. Since we're only 4 games into this week, we have plenty of time to figure it out so lets figure it out"

4 PM's and this is a non-issue. As it is, I'll just cut Morley, since that's what should have logically happened in the first place.

Top Bottom