• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Why are you all looking at progressions right now like they matter?

Have you not forgotten the game will change it after the next season starts again

for example alterraun verner is a 91 and cortland moved down to an 86. I hope this stays lol

BigAT

I just checked, no one retired for Green Bay. I didn't lose anyone either.

In fact, very few retirements in general, aside from the purge of free agents.

Nightz

On the block:
WR Malcom Floyd
RE Luis Castillo
RT Jeromey Clary
OLB Shaun Phillips
and I'll listen to any offers for Rivers (for those that showed interest before)

Want:
Picks
MLB
SS
OL

Ramirez

Since we're in off-season, posting this trade for the council.

Cards Trade:
Larry Fitzgerald
2nd Rd pick

Texans trade:
JJ Watt
Duane Brown
1st Rd Pick

I don't approve of this. You're not getting any replacement for Fitz, and Smokey's 1st rounder is basically a 2nd rounder.

Smokey

I don't approve of this. You're not getting any replacement for Fitz, and Smokey's 1st rounder is basically a 2nd rounder.

Of course not.

He gets 2 picks in the first round regardless of where I'm located. On top of that two 85+ players in Watt and Brown. How do you know he doesn't have a plan to get another WR or draft a WR?

You don't Twinhead

bluemax

Banned
Right. Some people use dudes at other positions. Ratings change.

DCX

Well not only that but the ratings on the EA site are flat out lies for some guys. There's no way my lowest rated WR went up 3 points OVR and didnt gain a single stat boost in any category.

I'm not believing any of my ratings until I check them in the depth chart or create a player mode.

GCQuinton

Panthers notable progressions*:

WR Kealoha Pilares (+10) 63 to 73
LE NaQuan Watson (+6) 81 to 87
CB Brandon Hogan (+6) 69 to 75
QB Cam Newton (+5) 83 to 88
DT Terrell McClain (+5) 78 to 83
K Sean Harris (+4) 78 to 82
HB Jonathan Stewart (+3) 87 to 90
FS Dontravious Taylor (+3) 77 to 80
DT Nick Fairley (+2) 88 to 90

As expected, Jason Taylor retired so my second round pick that I'm sending to the Dolphins was basically for CB Sean Smith, and he dropped two points to an 84.

We'll see for sure how much of that sticks when I get to see the depth charts, though.

As expected, Jason Taylor retired so my second round pick that I'm sending to the Dolphins was basically for CB Sean Smith, and he dropped two points to an 84.
You forgot about Munnerlyn (82). So looking at the trade one season later you traded the 2nd round pick and an 82 CB for an 84 CB.

Redeemed myself from the Dawkins trade. :D

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
don't we get time after the draft to resign 0 year players?

although last season it was like 20 minutes, I'd like a bit more than that this time :)

GCQuinton

You forgot about Munnerlyn (82). So looking at the trade one season later you traded the 2nd round pick and an 82 CB for an 84 CB.

Redeemed myself from the Dawkins trade. :D

...and Jason Taylor, who I originally made that move for because we were hit hard with broken collarboneitis and I needed an immediate impact OLB. He filled in for Dan Conner nicely until he came back in Week 16, too. But yeah, it was a "win now" trade for me that required a small sacrifice for the future. I got Sean Smith, and you got Cap + the pick to build off of for the future. 2 points is trivial (especially with the depth chart issues, it might not mean anything).

This is gonna be a relatively quiet draft for me since the core of my team's in place for the most part and I didn't really "need" anybody. But yeah, the trade ultimately worked out for both sides.

Mrbob

I didn't realize it is possible for players to go up in potential as the franchise progresses? I could be wrong but Cutler went from a B Pot to an A Pot player this off season, along with his rating going up.

When's the extra cap space getting added?

...and Jason Taylor, who I originally made that move for because we were hit hard with broken collarboneitis and I needed an immediate impact OLB. He filled in for Dan Conner nicely until he came back in Week 16, too. But yeah, it was a "win now" trade for me that required a small sacrifice for the future. I got Sean Smith, and you got Cap + the pick to build off of for the future. 2 points is trivial (especially with the depth chart issues, it might not mean anything).

This is gonna be a relatively quiet draft for me since the core of my team's in place for the most part and I didn't really "need" anybody. But yeah, the trade ultimately worked out for both sides.

Yup. I agree. The Dawkins trade was probably worse just feels the same with him filling the hole and then next season you have that hole again, though I guess your hole was due to injuries.

BigAT

I didn't realize it is possible for players to go up in potential as the franchise progresses? I could be wrong but Cutler went from a B Pot to an A Pot player this off season, along with his rating going up.

Nah, potential is definitely static.

Eli regressed an annoying amount for a quarterback that is only 32. How the hell does Peyton stay at 98 still but lil' bro and his awesomely intact neck drop 4 points despite being 5 years younger?

Interesting stat: I threw for the exact same YPC (18.2 yards) this season as I did last season. Weird.

TheCrow

Bronco's Trading Block
CB - Syd'Quan Thompson (73)
LE - Robert Ayers (75)

Looking for picks but willing to look at any offers. Even for other players on my roster.

Mrbob

Alright, must be my head!

My offense had some decent jumps this season.

Nicks (G) stayed at 96
Forte to 93
Brooks to 90
Cutler to 88
Williams (G) to 87
Carimi (T) to 86
Webb (T) to 85
Knox stayed at 85

Four of my oline dudes 85 and up now, this is what I'm talking about. My younger guys finally progressing.

I'm also resigning Knox and Nicks this offseason, so sorry Livewire and DCX who both wanted to poach from me!

TheCrow

Four of my oline dudes 85 and up now, this is what I'm talking about. My younger guys finally progressing.
Lucky, my young center with A potential ending up regressing so instead of taking over for old man Birk, he'll sit on the bench yet again. Had to resign Birk for 5 mil. :(

Splat

No, my 2nd rounder is basically a 2nd rounder.

I'm getting severely needed, young, high potential help on both sides of the ball, losing Fitz's massive contract, and moving my 2nd round pick up ~16 spots into the 1st.

Or is it just impossible to trade Fitz?

DCX

DCX

I'm getting severely needed, young, high potential help on both sides of the ball, losing Fitz's massive contract, and moving my 2nd round pick up ~16 spots into the 1st.

It's more a Smokey thing than you Fitz thing.

DCX

bluemax

Banned
Lucky, my young center with A potential ending up regressing so instead of taking over for old man Birk, he'll sit on the bench yet again. Had to resign Birk for 5 mil. :(

Yeah I'm kind of pissed that Unger regressed this season. Dude is still pretty young and is A pot. I don't get it.

DCX

DCX
Yeah I'm kind of pissed that Unger regressed this season. Dude is still pretty young and is A pot. I don't get it.
Who knows. Some test league progeessions and regressions were spot on some off by 1 over or under. Others were completely off.

Even retirements are off. Test league had Gonzo golfing along with Mike Peterson.

DCX

TheCrow

I just wish it was a bit more consistent. I know he didn't play but he should still go up at least couple points due to his potential. Some players with lower potential never play a down but go up 6 or 7 points. Just frustrating since losing 5 mil changes a lot of what I can do this offseason.

bluemax

Banned
I just wish it was a bit more consistent. I know he didn't play but he should still go up at least couple points due to his potential. Some players with lower potential never play a down but go up 6 or 7 points. Just frustrating since losing 5 mil changes a lot of what I can do this offseason.

Oh totally. I don't understand how my dude, a starting center with A pot, didn't go up, but my 2nd rounder who spent most of the season on the bench went up 11 (if the site is to be believed).

I'm not in favor of performance based ratings increases, but I'd like it to feel like there was more rhyme and reason to this.

Ramirez

Fitz is such a weapon. Marshall is the man on 3rd down. AJ + Fitz is just stupid.

Exactly, Smokey is fleecing him on this trade. Offense is everything in this game, and to have two of the best WRs in the game on the same team for a trash pick and DL/OL is little to lose for such a gain.

Of course not.

He gets 2 picks in the first round regardless of where I'm located. On top of that two 85+ players in Watt and Brown. How do you know he doesn't have a plan to get another WR or draft a WR?

You don't Twinhead

You know as well as I do that there's not gonna be a Fitzgerald level of WR for him to draft.

Man, c'mon Emmanuel Sanders wants 3 mil a year now? He's a freaking OVR 78.

Smokey

Exactly, Smokey is fleecing him on this trade. Offense is everything in this game, and to have two of the best WRs in the game on the same team for a trash pick and DL/OL is little to lose for such a gain.

You act like I'm giving up straight scrubs when I'm not. He knows he's getting upgrades on both sides of the ball and another pick in the 1st round to go along with it.

How is this a fleece? It's not. Am I not allowed to have multiple stars at WR or something?

Are you worried I'll run Twins with Fitzgerald in the slot?

Ramirez

You act like I'm giving up straight scrubs when I'm not. He knows he's getting upgrades on both sides of the ball and another pick in the 1st round to go along with it.

How is this a fleece? It's not. Am I not allowed to have multiple stars at WR or something?

You are giving up very little, IMO. That's why we vote.

dealwithit.gif

In other news, the Steelers have resigned:

-Bryant McFadden
-Ryan Mundy
-Daniel Sepulveda
-Heath Miller
-Moran Norris
-Antonio Brown
-Sean Suisham
-Rashard Mendenhall
-Emmanual Sanders
-Isaac Redman
-Kalen Fredrick

We have decided to cut/not resign:

-Curtis Brown
-Jeff Backus
-Larry Foote

Really wish I was paying Ike Taylor a lot less considering what he's rated now. :(

Smokey

You are giving up very little, IMO. That's why we vote.

dealwithit.gif

I can't see the picture as I'm at work, but I assume it's a typical Twinhead response.

So I have to give up my entire draft to get Fitzgerald? Uh no. I'm not the Falcons. He knows what he wants to do with his team and what he wants.

bluemax

Banned

For comparison here are the players selected at the bottom of the first round:
ROLB Kadaryl Woods - I'm not sure what his stats are since you thought so highly of him that he's not even on your team any more!
CB Deonte Ambles 83 OVR B Pot 25 Tackles 1 sack 1 INT
RG Dom Gunter 86 OVR B Pot
CB Derron Charles 78 OVR B Pot 22 Tackles 0 sack 2 INT

These are post progression ratings as well.

bluemax

Banned
I'm doing my one and only mock draft, and this is the draft order I'm using:

1. Jaguars
2. Lions
3. Rams
4. Ravens
5. Patriots
6. Vikings
7. Dolphins
8. Packers
9. Colts via Redskins
10. Cowboys
11. Jets
12. Cardinals
13. Panthers
14. Titans via Falcons
15. Seahawks
16. Chargers
17. Titans
18. Chiefs
19. Browns
20. Bengals
21. Bills
22. Broncos
23. 49ers
24. Bears
25. Eagles
26. Saints
27. Colts
28. Raiders
29. Texans
30. Giants
31. Buccaneers
32. Steelers

Deal with it bitches.

Your trade is the equivalent of having a 3 some with 2 "ok" girls vs. Going to town on just 1 perfect 10 girl. Fitz is arguably the best wr in the game. Watt and brown.... I dont care if they are mid 80s. But again i have no vote here!

Dm, bob, nightz, etc.

DCX

DCX
I can't see the picture as I'm at work, but I assume it's a typical Twinhead response.

So I have to give up my entire draft to get Fitzgerald? Uh no. I'm not the Falcons. He knows what he wants to do with his team and what he wants.
Oh shit, Smokey with a driveby. Still salty from autowin Steelers?

Don't bring me into this, handle your own shit bruh.

DCX

eznark

Banned

Pretty much, if you want to trade him to a contender. People will vote against it just because it will hurt their chances, not because it's an unfair trade.

It's a bullshit system.

Just noticed the draft is at 9pm on Sunday. No chance I'm sober for that. First round kicker!!

I was commenting more on how OP that passing game's gonna be, AJ isn't involved in the trade though. Willing to bet the Texans offense improves more than the Cards D after this. The trade itself isn't very lopsided and I'm not following what the Cards are really up to, but I would probably ask for more. I say probably because I'm not following the Cards situation.

Out of curiosity, is Ferny representing the AFC East because he won it two years ago? Or because he was second in the AFC East last year and Mik left?

Top Bottom