• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

What I don't like about the trade is it puts Smokey in a unique position compared to the rest of the league while the Cardinals trenches get some improvement. Fitz or AJ will be 1v1 almost always. It opens up the playbook a lot, having either of those guys opposite Marshall would be absolutely nuts, but having my second string DL guys instead of any of my 3 studs only downgrades my front 7 slightly for instance. It's just crazy to think about how much my playbook (with Henne throwing to Marshall, don't want to hear about Leinart) would open up if I had one of those guys in single coverage every play. Not to mention what happens to the run game when they got hot, let alone what Foster can do on his own. But we can't vote based on that completely, let's weigh it all.

Smokey says the trade will free up cap space for his accomplice. And it will, frees up about 4 mil. But theres an extra first rounder youre paying for now too. So Smokey has a point, just not a strong one. I mean you can't argue I'm freeing up space when it's that small of an amount and an extra 1st is headed that way as well. The way I see this is it allows him to sign that extra first rounder and have a little change left over.

So it's a stud defensive linemen and a good Tackle for one of the best WRs in the game. So JJ Watt + a starting Tackle = Fitz? Nope. So they swap 2nd and 1st round picks, there are 15 picks separating the Texans 1st and the Cards 2nd. I'd want more when it comes to the draft. What it does for Smokey's playbook immediately is amazing whereas this just improves the Cards current system, doesn't add anything to it really. And because of that I personally would never do this trade. I need a game changer if I'm gonna trade a game changer. But it isn't would you do this trade, it's do you think trade should be allowed.

Awesome D-Lineman are just more common than awesome receivers. Fitz belongs on a higher pedestal. 1st for a 3rd rounder type pedestal at the least if you want the values to be closer. But if I'm drawing it that close then who am I to deny it, we'll never completely agree on the value of multiple guys + picks. Imagine what this changes in game Splat, not how your team changes on paper, offense is gonna be a lot more difficult with Andre Roberts and Jawaun Sales as your main targets. Some1 should 1-up Smokeys offer but,

TheDrizzler approves.
I still wouldn't do it if I were you Splat! I'm willing to bet you could get more for him.

Fitzgerald trade is off, everyone get back to their regularly scheduled cap and draft talk.

:D

Smokey

Your deal isn't drastically better.

My deal was perfect for what you were trying to do.

People looking out for their own interests. I had already asked at least 2 members of the shadow council last night via AIM if they approved and they did. Now that the corrupt in the league were able to get the deal called off, watch your inbox fill up with the same members who disapproved of the trade!

DCX

DCX
So has there been a decision yet on when the re-signing period will end?
We figured after the rookie draft as we advance to week 1.

We will have a period of time to make our final signings if not made already and then they will be released to free agency.

We will then have free agent bidding for a period of random time and then the start of the season.

At least that's the order of things when I talked to FMT but I'm sure Luke would agree.

DCX

McNei1y

Nice Mock blue but my receivers aren't too bad. I only run with a 3 wide receiver set so Berrian, Jenkins, and Harvin aren't to bad. You may have something with who I might pick though.

Smokey

Bu Bu Bu think of the offense if CB gets Fitz! Offense is already OP'd as it is and now you all want to let Fitz team up with Vick?! Surely Leinart with Fitz is a more powerful combo than that right?

shocker

LiveWire

We figured after the rookie draft as we advance to week 1.

We will have a period of time to make our final signings if not made already and then they will be released to free agency.

We will then have free agent bidding for a period of random time and then the start of the season.

At least that's the order of things when I talked to FMT but I'm sure Luke would agree.

DCX

Why not just say by Monday 9PM PST? Gives everyone a full day after our online draft is over to evaluate their roster and make draft pick signings/re-signings/cuts. Start FA bidding immediately after and run FA through Thursday at some random time during the day PST, then advance and start the season 3 league games on Thursday night?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Bu Bu Bu think of the offense if CB gets Fitz! Offense is already OP'd as it is and now you all want to let Fitz team up with Vick?! Surely Leinart with Fitz is a more powerful combo than that right?

shocker

Hey. I said yes to you trade

bluemax

Banned
Nice Mock blue but my receivers aren't too bad. I only run with a 3 wide receiver set so Berrian, Jenkins, and Harvin aren't to bad. You may have something with who I might pick though.

It was more the combo of age/depth. I don't think its your biggest priority obviously.

I got bummed making that mock because 2 of my top 3 picks all got taken.

If anyone wants the 8.6M/yr Antrelle Rolle just pm the dumbass who signed him for 5 years.

So if I were to cut Rolle, I would eat $1,720,000 (20% of 8.6) just this year?

And I just saw this,

FYI: Cap penalties will be in this year. It's going to be something like either a % (somewhere between 20 and 40 percent?) of the total contract or the bonuses (summed from both sides) due for the remainder of the contract applied against the cap for the upcoming season.

Can we make something official a decent amount of time before the draft. I've heard so many different things it's nuts. Planned on dropping Rolle and eating a couple mil. But it would be fucking stupid for me to cut him when the penalty is bigger than this years paycheck..

Maybe only penalize 2-3 years no matter what? This rule wasn't here when I was signing people to these long contracts.. It's just crazy that it will cost me more money in one season to cut some1 versus just paying him his salary.

DCX

DCX
If anyone wants the 8.6M/yr Antrelle Rolle just pm the dumbass who signed him for 5 years.

So if I were to cut Rolle, I would eat $1,720,000 (20% of 8.6) just this year?
I think, although it should be the remainder of the contract or the bonus money in full. Idk, Luke is the cap wiz.

DCX

Mrbob

Now that the real life Bears might be making a play for Brandon Marshall this off season, I think Drizzler should give him to me before the season starts so I can get a feel for Madden 13!

Now that the real life Bears might be making a play for Brandon Marshall this off season, I think Drizzler should give him to me before the season starts so I can get a feel for Madden 13!

Figure out a way to get Burnett and Rolle off my team as well and you have my attention. *Looks at Bears roster*. Why you paying Cutler 9.9?! Worst part about the progression is the QB the computer drafted for me with a cannon arm just got stronger and didn't bother improving his terrible accuracy. 94 Throw Power, 90 throw on the run, 65 throw Accuracy. TAShort: 74, TAMedium: 82, TALong 70. So I drafted an even more inaccurate version of Chad Henne that can throw on the run.. Another year of TossTossGatesing it seems.

Mrbob

I'm on the last year of the contract extension he signed with the real life team.

I resigned him two years for 6.8 million per after this season. More cap space next season feels good!

One of the strangest progressions for me this year is Urlacher. A year older to 36, and he went up to 95 from 94. I'm also paying less for him this year (7.2 million) than I did last year (9.2 million).

My biggest disappointment is my 74 rated B pot WR from last year didn't go up at all! Maybe this means he'll have a bigger jump next year! Carimi didn't go up at all as a rookie, but after his second year he jumped 6 points.

LiveWire

The Washington Redskins today announced several player re-signings in advance of the highly anticipated 2013 MaddenGAF NFL season. 10 players agreed to new deals including the Redskins star wide receiver Anthony Armstrong, who will likely be Peyton Manning's #1 target.

In all the Redskins committed nearly $18 million against this year's cap to re-sign these key players:

WR Anthony Armstrong 5 years $26.67 mil $6.3 mil guaranteed
WR Brandon Banks 5 years $8.25 mil $2.1 mil guaranteed
CB Kevin Barnes 5 years $8.25 mil $2.1 mil guaranteed
FB Darrell Young 1 year $476k guaranteed
P Sav Rocca 2 years $1.58 mil $793k guaranteed
MLB Stephen Cooper 1 year $2.02 mil guaranteed
LOLB Lorenzo Alexander 3 years $5.33 mil $1.77 mil guaranteed
ROLB Rob Jackson 3 years $2.05 mil $719k guaranteed
TE Logan Paulsen 3 years $5.33 mil $1.77 mil guaranteed

Redskins players whose deals expired and were released on Friday include former starting QB John Beck, backup RG Eric Olsen, long-snapper Nick Sundberg, RE Darrion Scott, WR Jerricho Cotchery, RB Ryan Torain, CB Leigh Bodden and K Graham Gano.

Friday afternoon's personnel moves put the Redskins at just over $28 million under the cap, with new starting QB Peyton Manning's contract yet to be included.

McNei1y

When are we able to drop players, after the draft?

The Vikings have recently resigned:

E.J. Henderson (3yr deal) 1.6 mil
Bernard Berrian (3yr deal) 2.3 mil
Steve Hutchinson (2yr deal) 8.5mil
Viscanthe Shiancoe (2yr deal) 3.9 mil
Tahi (2yr deal) 0.9 mil
Abdullah (3yr deal) 3.1 mil

bluemax

Banned
Figure out a way to get Burnett and Rolle off my team as well and you have my attention. *Looks at Bears roster*. Why you paying Cutler 9.9?! Worst part about the progression is the QB the computer drafted for me with a cannon arm just got stronger and didn't bother improving his terrible accuracy. 94 Throw Power, 90 throw on the run, 65 throw Accuracy. TAShort: 74, TAMedium: 82, TALong 70. So I drafted an even more inaccurate version of Chad Henne that can throw on the run.. Another year of TossTossGatesing it seems.

Throwing accuracy isn't actually present in the game but for some reason shows up on League Manager and EASportsWorld.com, if you try creating a player or editing a player you will find that there is no throw accuracy.

The only accuracy ratings are the short, medium, deep, and on the run ratings.

bluemax

Banned
THA is right next to THP in game, player management.

I tried to create Ryan Kaiser after the draft last year and there was no way in the player editor to up his accuracy. It either doesn't actually exist or its some kind of composite of the other ratings.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I tried to create Ryan Kaiser after the draft last year and there was no way in the player editor to up his accuracy. It either doesn't actually exist or its some kind of composite of the other ratings.

I'm not commenting on the player creation, but overall Throwing Accuracy is viewable in game as well as the site.

Toughness is an attribute that is on the site during draft scouting but not viewable once someone is on your roster.

if brandon marshall is on the block you come talk to me

Everyone's on the block, I can't figure out which path to take with this team. Antrel Rolle is the worse thing to happen to the Fins since Nick Saban.

Marshall and/or Wake are gonna be expensive as fuck though. My 2 favorite players in game.

bluemax

Banned
I'm not commenting on the player creation, but overall Throwing Accuracy is viewable in game as well as the site.

Toughness is an attribute that is on the site during draft scouting but not viewable once someone is on your roster.

Yeah it shows up on the site, but I don't think it actually is part of a player any more.

FWIW Ryan Kaiser's THA is still 70.

LiveWire

When are we able to drop players, after the draft?

The Vikings have recently resigned:

E.J. Henderson (3yr deal) 1.6 mil
Bernard Berrian (3yr deal) 2.3 mil
Steve Hutchinson (2yr deal) 8.5mil
Viscanthe Shiancoe (2yr deal) 3.9 mil
Tahi (2yr deal) 0.9 mil
Abdullah (3yr deal) 3.1 mil

You can drop players if their deals are at 0 (expired), or re-sign them if you wish. If you drop a player with a year or more left to go on their contract, I believe Luke had a post earlier with the penalty system.

LiveWire

Everyone's on the block, I can't figure out which path to take with this team. Antrel Rolle is the worse thing to happen to the Fins since Nick Saban.

Marshall and/or Wake are gonna be expensive as fuck though. My 2 favorite players in game.

We've picked out a lovely mansion in Manassas for Brandon if he'd like to move to a contender.

McNei1y

You can drop players if their deals are at 0 (expired), or re-sign them if you wish. If you drop a player with a year or more left to go on their contract, I believe Luke had a post earlier with the penalty system.

Oh. So I can never drop a player with a 1 year deal?

LukeSmith

I think they mean during the year? We can drop people now with no penalites?

No, you cannot drop players right now with no penalty. There are no "free drops" anymore.

Cap penalty proposal:

A team that drops a player under contract will pay either: 30% of the remaining contract's overall value or the sum of all "bonus figures" in the remaining deal, prorated over the years left. (I think this simulates the guaranteed money and makes it so you don't take a $9M hit in one year, but rather $3M each year for a 3 year deal).

Let's look at some examples:

Anthony Costanzo, Colts: Contract value: 3 years/$20.5M total bonuses $1.5M
Cutting Costanzo would result in $2.73M cap Penalty each year for the next 3 years. Since the bonuses are less (500k/season) than the $2.73M cap number, we use the cap number as the penalty.

Matt Stafford, Lions: 2 years $31.5M with total bonuses of $8M
Cutting Stafford would result in a $6.3M cap hit each year for the final two years of his contract (total bonuses would've been a $4M hit).

I could see upping the % of remaining contract value slightly, actually

Top Bottom