• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Splat

Your trade is the equivalent of having a 3 some with 2 "ok" girls vs. Going to town on just 1 perfect 10 girl. Fitz is arguably the best wr in the game. Watt and brown.... I dont care if they are mid 80s. But again i have no vote here!

Dm, bob, nightz, etc.

Post progression (if current progression in in fact valid), makes them an 86 OT and a 90 DE, if that matters to you.

I spent a whole other franchise playing with the stupid default preseason Bengals roster, where the best WR on the team was an 80, and everyone else was sub 75. The issue then wasn't even the WRs, it was inaccurate as hell 70 rated Andy Dalton. I don't need a 99 rated WR when I can use him to build up my interiors.

If you're against it, what would you say that he'd even need to add to make it acceptable to you? Or would it just never work because he already has AJ and was successful?

Smokey

Oh shit, Smokey with a driveby. Still salty from autowin Steelers?

Don't bring me into this, handle your own shit bruh.

DCX

I can handle myself just fine. I said the Falcons...I didn't say DCX Falcons.

Although one could argue that both Falcons GMs are interchangeable.

I was commenting more on how OP that passing game's gonna be, AJ isn't involved in the trade though. Willing to bet the Texans offense improves more than the Cards D after this. The trade itself isn't very lopsided and I'm not following what the Cards are really up to, but I would probably ask for more. I say probably because I'm not following the Cards situation.

Out of curiosity, is Ferny representing the AFC East because he won it two years ago? Or because he was second in the AFC East last year and Mik left?

Yes...I'm sure the passing game will be so OP with HOF Matt Leinart taking the snaps.

If you're against it, what would you say that he'd even need to add to make it acceptable to you? Or would it just never work because he already has AJ and was successful?

This is a battle that has been taking place for years.

Nightz

For comparison here are the players selected at the bottom of the first round:
ROLB Kadaryl Woods - I'm not sure what his stats are since you thought so highly of him that he's not even on your team any more!
CB Deonte Ambles 83 OVR B Pot 25 Tackles 1 sack 1 INT
RG Dom Gunter 86 OVR B Pot
CB Derron Charles 78 OVR B Pot 22 Tackles 0 sack 2 INT

These are post progression ratings as well.
He's mine. Got him in a trade. 16 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF, 1 int. B potential, only increased 1 point to a 76.

As for the trade, I agree that Fitz is just too valuable for "only" that much, though the trade looks pretty fair on paper.

david-stern-dd91b900391d2c56.jpg

LiveWire

Cobie Ross moves up to 93 OVR.

96 SPD (Speed)
81 STR (Strength)
99 AGI (Agility)
99 ACC (Acceleration)
67 AWR (Awareness)
95 TRK (Trucking)
88 ELU (Elusiveness)
75 BCV (Ball Carrier Vision)
96 SFA (Stiff Arm)
89 SPM (Spin Move)
95 JKM (Juke Move)
89 CAR (Carrying)

Peyton's gonna look real good handing the ball off in burgundy and gold.

TheCrow

It's not just the ratings that matter but also the positions. In Madden offensive and defense lineman are practically interchangeable but a great WR can take over a game.

Smokey

It's not just the ratings that matter but also the positions. In Madden offensive and defense lineman are practically interchangeable but a great WR can take over a game.

Check AJ's stats from S1 to S2.

Leinart is left handed. Plays are set up for right handed players. I simply want another weapon for Leinart on the left side of the field so I don't have to flip every damn play. And for other reasons as well.

TheCrow

Leinart is left handed. Plays are set up for right handed players. I simply want another weapon for Leinart on the left side of the field so I don't have to flip every damn play. And for other reasons as well.
oh shit, Tebow left handed too. I'll keep that in mind when I starting airing it out next season.

LiveWire

Check AJ's stats from S1 to S2.

I gotta hand it to you, you really sell it well. It's almost believable.

Mrbob

What's the point of the shadow council when the Pey Pey trade went through? That was pretty ridiculous to allow. I was the only voice of reason. I say go nuts from now on after that so I approve the Smokey trade.

eznark

Banned
What's the point of the shadow council when the Pey Pey trade went through? That was pretty ridiculous to allow. I say go nuts from now on after that so I approve the Smokey trade.

No shit, it's not like he is stockpiling the true OP weapon, tight ends.

Nightz

For starters, you shouldn't have to give up your 2nd IMO.

Oh and I'm not voting against it because it hurts my chances winning. I don't care either way since I'm middle-tier at best and don't have a realistic shot at competing for championships. I'm not against the idea of trading Fitz, I'm just saying you could get more for him.

What's the point of the shadow council when the Pey Pey trade went through? That was pretty ridiculous to allow. I say go nuts from now on after that so I approve the Smokey trade.

Uh.... So different people can give their opinion and vote on trades?

So far 2-1 against the trade. Unless cb was saying he is against too?

Smokey

Oh and I'm not voting against it because it hurts my chances winning. I don't care either way since I'm middle-tier at best and don't have a realistic shot at competing for championships. I'm not against the idea of trading Fitz, I'm just saying you could get more for him.

I'm not going to offer my entire team for Fitz. I'm giving up 2 players that fits exactly what he wants to do with his team, and a draft pick. He's getting rid of a huge amout of salary and is trying to reshape his team into what he wants based off of his experience with the Bengals.

Again you all are getting caught up in the names of the players and that's it.

What's the point of the shadow council when the Pey Pey trade went through? That was pretty ridiculous to allow. I was the only voice of reason. I say go nuts from now on after that so I approve the Smokey trade.

The point of the Shadow Council was to save face after MaddenGod and Goldy's attempted trade in S2. And to make me go through another hoop whenever I want to pull off a trade. Pey Pey trade gets a 4 page word document and I didn't see an "Official Vote" by the Council on that.

eznark

Banned

Maybe, but he is happy with this package and it fits what he wants to do so why should you have a problem with it?

LukeSmith

The groupthink trade voting thing is over with as soon as it began.

If you have a trade proposal don't submit it here for voting, get in touch with the Shadow Council via IM or PM.

No reason for anyone else in the league to shit up your trade.

The point of the Shadow Council was to save face after MaddenGod and Goldy's attempted trade in S2. And to make me go through another hoop whenever I want to pull off a trade. Pey Pey trade gets a 4 page word document and I didn't see an "Official Vote" by the Council on that.

If you read the thread (I know you don't, your the AFC's FMT minus any power), you'd see people voted in the thread on it. My point is that the voting shouldn't be done in the thread to prevent this exact sort of "oh he shouldn't take that deal" from the peanut gallery

Splat

I mean, maybe I've never had a 99WR and I need more than 2 end of year games to understand his TRUE VALUE, and you guys are just saving me from myself, or from creating a two headed monster that will win ALL the superbowls, but I don't see it yet :-/

Smokey

I mean, maybe I've never had a 99WR and I need more than 2 end of year games to understand his TRUE VALUE, and you guys are just saving me from myself, or from creating a two headed monster that will win ALL the superbowls, but I don't see it yet :-/

I have Matt Leinart. The game against TwinHead showed that Leinart can only go so far. I have pushed him and he has reached his football ceiling.

This issue is deeper than that...this is on some Inception type shit of them thinking I should mortgage my team.

LiveWire

Also, whomever is running LM, the Peyton trade was submitted and accepted, not sure if there is a button to hit or if the trade goes through after advancing but FYI.

I'm not going to offer my entire team for Fitz. I'm giving up 2 players that fits exactly what he wants to do with his team, and a draft pick. He's getting rid of a huge amout of salary and is trying to reshape his team into what he wants based off of his experience with the Bengals.

Again you all are getting caught up in the names of the players and that's it.

Thats because luke proposed it to each voter himself. It was approved by 5. No secret there. And how ironic that you complaining about the rors trade caused the council which is rejecting the trade!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Cobie Ross moves up to 93 OVR.

96 SPD (Speed)
81 STR (Strength)
99 AGI (Agility)
99 ACC (Acceleration)
67 AWR (Awareness)
95 TRK (Trucking)
88 ELU (Elusiveness)
75 BCV (Ball Carrier Vision)
96 SFA (Stiff Arm)
89 SPM (Spin Move)
95 JKM (Juke Move)
89 CAR (Carrying)

Peyton's gonna look real good handing the ball off in burgundy and gold.

fuck this guy!

Ramirez

This is my thinking, you're going to miss him more than you realize at the moment. He is literally your entire offense, no one is going to fear your passing game without him, so the running game is a moot point even with Williams.

Mrbob

Crow, I don't know if this will make you feel better, but my 66 rated Center I took a flyer on last draft as a two year project jumped to 74 this off season. One more jump and hopefully I can get him in the 80s for the following season! He might go in as a starter this year to see if I can stat boost him for next season.

Da Bears oline restructuring process almost complete. Rebuilt as one of the worst olines to one of the best in a couple seasons!

Uh.... So different people can give their opinion and vote on trades?

So far 2-1 against the trade. Unless cb was saying he is against too?

I get that. I thought the shadow council was to stop crazy trades from happening which occurred in Madden 11. Maybe I'm crazy but I think Luke might have just pulled off one of the trades of the forever in the history of the Madden league.

DCX

DCX
Also, whomever is running LM, the Peyton trade was submitted and accepted, not sure if there is a button to hit or if the trade goes through after advancing but FYI.
Didn't FMT post not to do that? I thought he did, not until the end of the draft and we advanced to week 1.

DCX

LukeSmith

I think we should bump the cap another 5M instead of introducing some kind of convoluted amnesty program to account for LM screwing you for overpaying someone who is rated wrongly on the site.

TheCrow

Fuck, I didn't know that we could wait till after the draft to resign. Could've drafted someone on oline and saved some money. I wish I could tear up his contract.

and no Bob. that doesn't help at all. :(

bluemax

Banned
Here's my mock top 10, I don't actually feel motivated enough to do the other 22 picks:

1. Jaguars
Needs: WR, DE
Pick: WR Tyrell Coleman 81 OVR A Pot
Thoughts: Half the Jaguars roster seems to be up for Free Agency, so this pick could go almost any direction. Blaine Gabbert could really use a reliable playmaker though and Coleman is the best WR in the draft.

2. Lions
Needs: DT, RG,
Pick: LG Matt Patton 84 OVR A Pot
Thoughts: A lot of key defensive FA could mean they go defense here, but the O-line could use a boost.

3. Rams
Needs: OLB, CB
Pick: LOLB Rob Marske 84 OVR A Pot
Thoughts: Here's the thing, the Rams need a corner too, but this draft is much deeper at corner than it is at LBer. Markse is head and shoulders above the rest.

4. Ravens
Needs: TE, LE, LOLB, MLB
Pick: TE Stephen Cole 83 OVR A Pot
Thoughts: The Ravens have some needs on defense but their TE situation is far more dire with only Dennis Pitta under contract.

5. Patriots
Needs: RE, MLB
Pick: RE Artez Cousins 85 OVR A Pot
Thoughts: They have two really good LEs but their REs are old and there is no depth at all. MLB is a strong possibility but the the guys they have already are young still. Of course knowing Sanjuro this will be a punter.

6. Vikings
Needs: WR, RT, LOLB, MLB
Pick: MLB Markis Savoie 83 OVr A Pot
Thoughts: Their linebacking corps is a disaster, the WR group needs help too but this is the best pick at this point.

7. Dolphins
Needs: TE, SS, LG, RE, DT
Pick: SS Tiras Israel 83 OVR A Pot
Thoughts: If Stephen Cole were to fall they could grab him. Their MLB group is ancient but they have too many other needs to take care of.

8. Packers
Needs: WR, ROLB, LE
Pick: DE/OLB Quayshon Merchant
Thoughts: Merchant is actually faster than a lot of the similarly skilled OLB left at this point, he could probably play OLB in the Packers 3-4.

9. Colts via Redskins
Needs: QB, WR, OLB, SS, CB
Pick: QB Jordin Gibson 83 OVR A Pot
Thoughts: Peyton Manning's heir apparent has better throwing power and deep accuracy than Ryan Kaiser. He's also slower than molasses.

10. Cowboys
Needs: RE, LE, CB
Pick: CB Ricardo Bush 80 OVR B Pot
Thoughts: The top two defensive ends are already off the board, so the Cowboys go with a corner. Patrick Cornel has higher potential but Bush's speed and press ability are signficantly better.

DCX

DCX
I think we should bump the cap another 5M instead of introducing some kind of convoluted amnesty program to account for LM screwing you for overpaying someone who is rated wrongly on the site.
Sounds good. I think at least 12 each season to allow people to sign draft picks in the bare min.

Last season was to little, this season evens it out.

DCX

Mrbob

What is this amnesty program? I'm ok with going up another 5 million as well. Free agency is also unrealistic since you have to pay more for players in Madden than they are paid in real life.

LukeSmith

The Indianapolis Colts reached agreements with the following players:

• CB Jerraud Powers 5 years for $26.5M
  • LE Robert Mathis 2 years for $11.2M (accepted a huge paycut to stay with the team - [his ratings regressed and he was in a contract year this season, for the curious])
  • RE Dwight Freeney 3 years $36M
  • C Jeff Saturday will finish his career in Indy after inking a 3 year $29M deal
  • DT Ed Johnson 3 years for $5.3M
  • LT Anthony Costanzo 3 years for $21M
  • ROLB Ernie Sims 1 year $1.8M
  • WR Austin Collie 2 years $11M
  • QB Curtis Painter 1 year 1.8M

bluemax

Banned
My receivers are awesome. I already have five wide! I don't think there is a six wide is there?

Only 3 of your WRs are under contract. In some cases under team needs I listed a position where the guy doesn't have enough players under contract as a need.

DCX

DCX
What is this amnesty program? I'm ok with going up another 5 million as well. Free agency is also unrealistic since you have to pay more for players in Madden than they are paid in real life.
He meant a 5 mill extra. So 15 mill increase.

Keep in mind the system isn't perfect. The players in real NFL contracts are more valuable than free agents or rookies in our league due to real life pricing and not LM pricing.

DCX

BigAT

Do you guys really need another $15M to secure your team? I don't know what the hell I'm going to do with all that space.

LukeSmith

Do you guys really need another $15M to secure your team? I don't know what the hell I'm going to do with all that space.

Um, the caps are already implemented and in place. LM is showing the correct values as of awhile ago. Cap is $140M

Not everyone cheese released their big contracts(Elisha) and resigned them last season.

BigAT

Um, the caps are already implemented and in place. LM is showing the correct values as of awhile ago. Cap is $140M

I know. I mean I was preparing for the upcoming season with the mindset of being able to put my team together for $125M, maybe $130M. Raising it so much seems unnecessary.

Not everyone cheese released their big contracts and resigned them last season.

I prefer to call it "responsible cap management." Plus I only did a single contract, there were other people that did more.

daw840

Not everyone cheese released their big contracts(Elisha) and resigned them last season.

Shit...really? I was banking on some extra space. Damn it.

LukeSmith

FYI: Cap penalties will be in this year. It's going to be something like either a % (somewhere between 20 and 40 percent?) of the total contract or the bonuses (summed from both sides) due for the remainder of the contract applied against the cap for the upcoming season.

I prefer to call it "responsible cap management." Plus I only did a single contract, there were other people that did more.

Oh I'm aware

Top Bottom