• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Ramirez

Um, the caps are already implemented and in place. LM is showing the correct values as of awhile ago. Cap is $140M

Not everyone cheese released their big contracts(Elisha) and resigned them last season.

This is what I get for listening to DCX I guess.

Well, I need to cut Hampton now, because I don't have money to sign rookies if I keep him. I also cut Backus and a trash CB, I didn't know we couldn't release players yet. What a mess of a system...thank you Tiburon.

DCX

DCX
This is what I get for listening to DCX I guess.

Well, I need to cut Hampton now, because I don't have money to sign rookies if I keep him. I also cut Backus and a trash CB, I didn't know we couldn't release players yet. What a mess of a system...thank you Tiburon.
What are you talking about? I said you had an extra 10, now 15 million. I knew what my cap number was before the season ended lol

Us non playoffs teams have to have something to while the elites keep on marching.

DCX

Nightz

What are you talking about? I said you had an extra 10, now 15 million. I knew what my cap number was before I even the season ended lol

Us non playoffs teams have to have something to while the elites keep on marching.

DCX

Is that you in your avatar?

LiveWire

FOX SPORTS UPDATE -- Jay Glazer reporting: Redskins starting free safety LaRon Landry downplayed rumors of a rift between the Redskins management and himself over the potential of 2nd year free safety Bradley Beasley taking over the starting job. "It's really not an issue," Landry said. "I know what I can do, they know what I can do, everyone knows my numbers. I like Beezy. He's a good kid, practices hard, watches lots of film and is a beast in the gym. He's going to contribute any way he can whether he's playing or not." Rumors abound that one of the two star free safeties may be on their way out of Washington via trade.

In the first few OTAs it appeared that Redskins coaches were having Beasley running reps at other positions including strong safety and linebacker.

BigAT

No, you cannot drop players right now with no penalty. There are no "free drops" anymore.

Cap penalty proposal:

A team that drops a player under contract will pay either: 30% of the remaining contract's overall value or the sum of all "bonus figures" in the remaining deal, prorated over the years left. (I think this simulates the guaranteed money and makes it so you don't take a $9M hit in one year, but rather $3M each year for a 3 year deal).

Let's look at some examples:

Anthony Costanzo, Colts: Contract value: 3 years/$20.5M total bonuses $1.5M
Cutting Costanzo would result in $2.73M cap Penalty each year for the next 3 years. Since the bonuses are less (500k/season) than the $2.73M cap number, we use the cap number as the penalty.

Matt Stafford, Lions: 2 years $31.5M with total bonuses of $8M
Cutting Stafford would result in a $6.3M cap hit each year for the final two years of his contract (total bonuses would've been a $4M hit).

I could see upping the % of remaining contract value slightly, actually

I don't see much point in using bonus money for anything, because LM contracts don't use it anywhere near realistically. Signing bonuses are practically nonexistent with LM, Eli has a $150,000/year bonus on a $13M/year contract.

Mrbob

I agree, and think we should just take a percentage of the overall yearly contract since the signing bonus doesn't mean much.

After making some big splashes last year in the draft and free agency I think this upcoming off season will be a quiet one for the Bears front office.

LukeSmith

I don't see much point in using bonus money for anything, because LM contracts don't use it anywhere near realistically. Signing bonuses are practically nonexistent with LM, Eli has a $150,000/year bonus on a $13M/year contract.

The only reason I included the bonuses was to account for any non-LM contracts that may be floating out there, it's really just a contingency.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
What are you talking about? I said you had an extra 10, now 15 million. I knew what my cap number was before the season ended lol

DCX

the cap had already been increased when he asked if he was getting an extra 15 million on top of what LM was showing then.

Ramirez

DCX

I asked if there would be another 15 mil added to my total already on LM and you said yes, how am I to know it had already been added? Ward retired and I had some money back all of a sudden. So many people have their hands in the LM pot and everyone has a different story so it's impossible to know what's going on with that side of the game.

Levious is my brother from another mother.

DCX

DCX
I asked if there would be another 15 mil added to my total already on LM and you said yes, how am I to know it had already been added? Ward retired and I had some money back all of a sudden. So many people have their hands in the LM pot and everyone has a different story so it's impossible to know what's going on with that side of the game.

Levious is my brother from another mother.
My bad then, I guess I didn't know at the time what was being done behind the scenes. My cap number has changed at least three times since this morning lol

DCX

LukeSmith

It was locked till after the draft in the previous offseason.

As it is again now.

Also, it would be easier if you posted players you are releasing and their current contracts and what year they are in in the thread rather than make us go through all of the transactions.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know the more time I spend chasing down random dropped dude X, the more likely I am to consider he was in the first year of his contract when I enter the cap penalty

BigAT

Did it even matter? No zero year contracts have been dropped from teams yet, so the FA pool is the same one that has been available and open all season.

Good luck getting people to self police.

LukeSmith

Did it even matter? No zero year contracts have been dropped from teams yet, so the FA pool is the same one that has been available and open all season.

Good luck getting people to self police.

I believe people will self police! I believe in you guys!

TheCrow

Yeah, some people were able to draft successfully with the website but I wouldn't trust it to hold up. You might want to get aim so you can join in on the draft chat and the dcx bashing that usually takes place.

DCX

DCX
Yeah, some people were able to draft successfully with the website but I wouldn't trust it to hold up. You might want to get aim so you can join in on the draft chat and the dcx bashing that usually takes place.
89 rated fb bitches!!

DCX

Mrbob

Poor DCX, GM of the forever.

This year he doesn't even have his first two picks so it might be quiet!

and i would like to stress this also:

IF YOU TRADE A DRAFT PICK PLEASE SHOW UP TO PICK YOUR TRADERS GUY.
IF SOMETHING GETS FUCKED UP IN THIS MANNER, TOO BAD. IT'S YOUR OWN RISK TRADING DRAFT PICKS!
IF EA SOMEHOW FUCKS SOMETHING UP AND AUTO DRAFTS FOR YOU OR WHATEVER THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT THAT

and finally

THE DRAFT IS THIS COMING SUNDAY AT 6 PM PST ON THE DOT.

How long does the draft normally take? And how long do you get per pick? And are there mid-draft trades?
and
and
and

Usually an hour to draft with a minute to pick for the early rounds and there are totally mid-draft trades. Its alot of fun on AIM because people get so salty over picks

also:

AFTER THE DRAFT ENDS, YOU HAVE UNTIL MONDAY AT 6 PM PST TO RE-SIGN ANY OF YOU IMPENDING FREE AGENTS.

ON MONDAY AT 6 PM PST, I WILL OFFICIALLY START FREE AGENCY BIDDING PERIOD. THE FA BIDDING PERIOD WILL LAST UNTIL TUESDAY AT 6 PM PST.

THE SEASON WILL START ON TUESDAY AT 6:15 PM PST OR SO.

DCX

DCX
also:

AFTER THE DRAFT ENDS, YOU HAVE UNTIL MONDAY AT 6 PM PST TO RE-SIGN ANY OF YOU IMPENDING FREE AGENTS.

ON MONDAY AT 6 PM PST, I WILL OFFICIALLY START FREE AGENCY BIDDING PERIOD. THE FA BIDDING PERIOD WILL LAST UNTIL TUESDAY AT 6 PM PST.

THE SEASON WILL START ON TUESDAY AT 6:15 PM PST OR SO.
Trading to happen after the draft I assume?

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The Eagles would like to announce the re-signings of Pro Bowl Corner Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and second string Quarterback Vince Young

Rodgers-Cromartie signed to a 3 Year 20.5 Million contract while Vince Young signed a 5 Year 9 Million dollar contract to provide depth behind Starter Michael Vick.

Striker

Browns have inked WR Josh Cribbs to a one-year deal worth $2.9M. Also hitting Center Alex Mack to a five-year deal worth $5.2M per year which begins following Season 3.

Lastly, a trade which is presumably agreed in principle, the Browns-Lions have agreed to a trade. Left Guard Eric Steinbach, a starter for two seasons, is being sent to Detroit along with young CB Buster Skrine in return for CB Alphonso Smith and LT Jason Fox.

Top Bottom