• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

daw840 said:
I do not know if it's just the chiefs suck or what, but my defense is atrocious. I don't know how some of you guys do this....by some of you guys I mean everyone else in the league. I try to control different people. Try to react to the way the ball carrier is going, end up getting blokced immediately.

first off, don't just jam on turbo and run around like a chicken with your head cut off. you'll take yourself right out of the play.

secondly, you aren't a one man wrecking crew. play your assignment.

third, there is no shame in taking out a blocker and letting your CPU buddy clean up!

fourth, don't switch people! stick to one guy during the court of a play!

fifth, have patrick willis on your team.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
first off, don't just jam on turbo and run around like a chicken with your head cut off. you'll take yourself right out of the play.

third, there is no shame in taking out a blocker and letting your CPU buddy clean up!

PLAY ME

Nightz

CB3 said:
GG Nightz. Fucking Gates is a bastard. That slowdown was killing me the first half
GG man. Just got away from me in the 2nd half. I checked the replay and that bomb to Vincent Jackson was inbounds! lol

CB3

Nightz said:
GG man. Just got away from me in the 2nd half. I checked the replay and that bomb to Vincent Jackson was inbounds! lol

They really suck this year at getting OOB plays right. Ive had a ton that were inbounds called out. Even after challenges

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:

It's not so much this as my issue, I have been trying to call run blitzes and play the CB only. I don't switch players, yet people run for 130+ yards on me every time.

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
I do not know if it's just the chiefs suck or what, but my defense is atrocious. I don't know how some of you guys do this....by some of you guys I mean everyone else in the league. I try to control different people. Try to react to the way the ball carrier is going, end up getting blokced immediately.
Do you have time for one more?

DCX

Rorschach

i haven't played in a while... anyone want one?

CB3 said:
They really suck this year at getting OOB plays right. Ive had a ton that were inbounds called out. Even after challenges
That's been there since 09. :\

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
first off, have patrick willis on your team.

secondly, have patrick willis on your team.

third, have patrick willis on your team.

fourth, have patrick willis on your team.

Fixed.

Mrbob

Coming for dat ass, Ramirez!

ray_lewis.jpeg

CB3 said:
I just performed surgery on FMT.

meh. we'll see what happens when the games mean something!

p.s. another 6 picks for crapernick. might have to roll with alex if this continues. i have guys open and he can't get the ball there!

p.s.2 once again i absolutely dominated your "run" game. too bad you have arcade WR's :(

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
meh. we'll see what happens when the games mean something!

p.s. another 6 picks for crapernick. might have to roll with alex if this continues. i have guys open and he can't get the ball there!
I figured I'd go with shitty ass Campbell because progression is fucked up. If not, I'd go with Pryor.

Some of that was me a lot of it was Henne. Good job stoppin the run. Couldn't stop you til the red zone for the most part. Defense was exhausted most of the game.
GG DCX

Rorschach

GG Eznark. Sorry, that must have been frustrating. Your WRs dropped everything... know that feel, bro! At least your defense played well against the run (3.3 average for McFadden before they broke him into pieces).

Hot and cold streaks are so dumb.

DCX

DCX
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Some of that was me a lot of it was Henne. Good job stoppin the run :(

GG DCX
Gg drizz

I had a game plan for dat toss/screen. I struggled on offense. Your d is strong so I'm happy to walk away with a victory.

DCX

eznark

Banned
Rorschach said:
GG Eznark. Sorry, that must have been frustrating. Your WRs dropped everything... know that feel, bro! At least your defense played well against the run (3.3 average for McFadden before they broke him into pieces).

Hot and cold streaks are so dumb.

Eh, I was outclassed. I was more frustrated that Tramon Williams apparently fucking sucks dick.

No big plays given up, so that's nice.

Anyone down to play?

Rorschach

eznark said:
Eh, I was outclassed. I was more frustrated that Tramon Williams apparently fucking sucks dick.

No big plays given up, so that's nice.

Anyone down to play?
Matthews is the second biggest beast ever. Don't use him manually and send him in when you get chances instead of playing coverage. Tramon didn't do so bad, but I had too much time to throw (fucking miracle haha), so Ford would eventually get open.

CB3

Ramirez said:
Do tell what division is better?

I can probably call the division winners in the other ones now, willing to bet on that actually. :p

NFC East.

And thats despite Livewire bringing us down 100 points.

Myself, BigAT, and FMT were the constant 3 in the NFC Championship game. Now 2 are in the same division.

Bob coming into a division has more of a livewire effect on the AFC North than anything

Ramirez

We shall see, I'll give you AT and yourself, but as a whole I feel the AFC North outclasses the rest of your division even with you two in it.

I'm pretty sure Bob beat me for the Superbowl back in one of the Xbox leagues, no respect!

CB3

Ramirez said:
We shall see, I'll give you AT and yourself, but as a whole I feel the AFC North outclasses the rest of your division even with you two in it.

I'm pretty sure Bob beat me for the Superbowl back in one of the Xbox leagues, no respect!

Bob is like Jake Delhomme now. Once everyone found out he just runs wheel routes, it was over.

CK is good but is stuck with a bad team.
Ive played you maybe twice in the past 3 years so i wont judge you on a small sample size
Bob is mediocre
And i dont even know who has the browns this year. Striker? Good player with a bad team.

If i had to rank the AFC as a whole, the North would be third.

#1. AFC West on top because of Rors alone (if he stops his Brett Favre impression). And Nightz will beast with that team this year.

#2. AFC South. Luke will have PeyPey and Smokey is decent enough to be in the playoff race with the Texans.

#3. AFC North. Already described.

#4. AFC East. I cant even name anyone who has a team in there besides drizzler since LJ bailed.

CB3

I motion that when we start the league tomorrow, we be able to pick up FA's that are on our current teams but not in the update.

For example we resigned Joselio Hanson DAYS before the week 1 roster update hit but Donnie dropped the ball. and i dont expect them to have that fixed with the OF rosters.

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
I motion that when we start the league tomorrow, we be able to pick up FA's that are on our current teams but not in the update.

For example we resigned Joselio Hanson DAYS before the week 1 roster update hit but Donnie dropped the ball. and i dont expect them to have that fixed with the OF rosters.
What about free agents in general?

DCX

So yeah I folded and bought Madden, became a "spineless bitch who caves into the Evil EA Empire" as I once told someone else in this league

....if there are any spots open I'll take it

CB3

DCX said:
What about free agents in general?

DCX

im thinking we should probably make them off limits until the offseason. there can be exceptions of course incase of injury if you need to fill a hole.

Top Bottom