• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

LukeSmith

LiveWire said:
Well you're 0-3 against me in Madden 12 (and 0-1 in NCAA 12). The crown looks nice on you.

NCAA was a gift. Christmas (or Hanukkah if you prefer) isn't going to be coming to the LiveWire residence in Madden 12.

You're just lucky there are no CPU teams to off you in Madden

LukeSmith said:
Yeah, I always wondered why Story and DCX didn't play!

We did last year but since I skipped out early last year coupled with the fact that the Rams actually have a somewhat decent team compared to what I had last time, I just decided to go with them.

LiveWire

LukeSmith said:
NCAA was a gift. Christmas (or Hanukkah if you prefer) isn't going to be coming to the LiveWire residence in Madden 12.

You're just lucky there are no CPU teams to off you in Madden

It sure felt like Christmas with Peyton throwing 11 picks in 3 games. Or maybe it was Thanksgiving, considering the way John Jesus Beck was carving up your defense?

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
Its a shame your not cute when you lose. Because you would basically be a dime piece if that were the case
lol so salty, i could only imagine how you felt when i bounce you from the playoffs that year.

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DCX said:
lol so salty, i could only imagine how you felt when i bounce you from the playoffs that year.

DCX

You mean the last time you beat me besides yesterday. 2 years ago. yeah i guess

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
LiveWire said:
It sure felt like Christmas with Peyton throwing 11 picks in 3 games. Or maybe it was Thanksgiving, considering the way John Jesus Beck was carving up your defense?

oh god, end this convo now!

LukeSmith

LiveWire said:

It was nice of the CPU to give you those picks. Since you were too busy getting pancaked by my 70 rated OT to do anything yourself

LiveWire

LukeSmith said:
It was nice of the CPU to give you those picks. Since you were too busy getting pancaked by my 70 rated OT to do anything yourself

Well I'd certainly hope the CPU would give me a pick when you're throwing into triple coverage. And being pancaked didn't stop me from switching over to a DB and user picking your terrible, TERRIBLE passing decisions.

LukeSmith

LiveWire said:
Well I'd certainly hope the CPU would give me a pick when you're throwing into triple coverage. And being pancaked didn't stop me from switching over to a DB and user picking your terrible, TERRIBLE passing decisions.

None of your picks were user picks anymore than DCX making magical breaks on post routes while playing corner is him playing.

Press A, fellas

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LukeSmith said:
None of your picks were user picks anymore than DCX making magical breaks on post routes while playing corner is him playing.

Press A, fellas

murdercvr.jpg

LiveWire

LukeSmith said:

Press A, fellas

That's so cute that you think I would use the A button. I can see though how that would be your best hope for a comeback. I mean look at CB all nuthugging you by jumping in with a pic right away.

I don't use the auto-strafe or Defensive Assist. I would have thought you'd have recognized that when I overran Wayne on a sideline throw which turned into a gain for you inside the 5.

BigAT

storybook77 said:
Who was that aimed at?
Who wasn't it aimed at? I'm rolling down the road with my street sweeper spraying buckshot at the entire league. Be on notice, all of you suck and all of your teams suck.

Smokey

LukeSmith said:

Press A, fellas

dem daggers

LiveWire said:
I don't use the auto-strafe or Defensive Assist. I would have thought you'd have recognized that when I overran Wayne on a sideline throw which turned into a gain for you inside the 5.

Should've circled back for a guaranteed pick.

DCX

DCX
I do not press A. Keep hating though. I get burnt alot, and i get lucky alot, it's in the game fellas.

DCX

mik

mik is unbeatable
BigAT said:
Who wasn't it aimed at? I'm rolling down the road with my street sweeper spraying buckshot at the entire league. Be on notice, all of you suck and all of your teams suck.
Even the Bills? Seems unlikely.

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
Not moving the joystick after the snap constitutes the same thing.
I got burnt alot when people move receivers in motion, i lose my assignment. It happened so much so i started playing DE and LB :/ Keep trying.

DCX

Smokey

LiveWire said:
Picks are guaranteed anyway with Luke throwing the ball.

I was being serious about the circle back btw lol.

DCX said:
I got burnt alot when people move receivers in motion, i lose my assignment. It happened so much so i started playing DE and LB :/ Keep trying.

DCX

Why play CB? What advantage does playing CB have over Safety? Curious to your reasoning cuz I don't see why anybody would do this.

LukeSmith

LiveWire said:
Picks are guaranteed anyway with Luke throwing the ball.

Someone bring up the stats from the leagues the last few years where you were the king of the pick, setting and then resetting the NFL record in back to back seasons.

Those same stats will probably show you that Peypey was the highest rated (or second highest rated, [English]) QB for the dynasty. You cite preseason because you're a Redskins fan and that's all you have.

And really, we all know, it's all you'll ever have.

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
I was being serious about the circle back btw lol.

Why play CB? What advantage does playing CB have over Safety? Curious to your reasoning cuz I don't see why anybody would do this.
I'll PM you the reason.

DCX

LiveWire

LukeSmith said:
Someone bring up the stats from the leagues the last few years where you were the king of the pick, setting and then resetting the NFL record in back to back seasons.

Those same stats will probably show you that Peypey was the highest rated (or second highest rated, [English]) QB for the dynasty. You cite preseason because you're a Redskins fan and that's all you have.

And really, we all know, it's all you'll ever have.

Was your loss in Ann Arbor preseason?

And when I beat you in Madden franchise in "regular season," what will your excuse be then?

Ramirez

Whole lot of dick waving by people who will be irrelevant come playoff time.

If one were to look at the Community leaderboard, it looks like the 49ers (lol) already have the SB wrapped up, 20-4 is it now FMT?

I'll play if anyone is around.

Ramirez said:
Whole lot of dick waving by people who will be irrelevant come playoff time.

If one were to look at the Community leaderboard, it looks like the 49ers (lol) already have the SB wrapped up, 20-4 is it now FMT?

I'll play if anyone is around.

I only count 3 losses. The other came when my internet disconnected and was feasting on cb. But my 3 losses i got crushed.

Here is how to beat sf: dont turn the ball over, stop the run. You win!

LiveWire

Since it seems we are mere days away from starting the franchise, it's time for an old favorite to return:

avhco0.png

FORMAT: Team A [Point Spread] Team B Over/Under / Moneyline

How to Read the Lines:

Point Spread: Bolded
teams are the favorite to win (non-bolded teams are the underdog.). Team A will always be followed by the point spread. The point spread is the expected point difference between the two teams. If the favorite is Team A, it will be written as Team A - (minus) x, where x is the point value. If the favorite is Team B, it will be written as Team A + (plus) x, where x is the point value. (Example: Team A [-6] Team B - Team A is expected to win by a margin of more than 6 points. If Team B were to win outright OR lose by 6 or less points, they "cover the spread" and bettors picking Team B would win.)

Over/Under: An betting odd that contemplates the total combined score of both teams. The over/under, or O/U, is set at a specific point total, and bettors must decide whether they believe the combined final score of the game will be over or under that total. (Example: O/U = 56, Final score is Team A 21 Team B 38. (21+38=59) Bettors of the OVER would win.)

Moneyline: The amount of money paid out for bettors of a particular team. Team A is first, Team B is second. If a team has a + before the number, a bettor would make that amount of money for every $100 spent. If it is a minus, a bettor would have to bet that amount of money to win $100. If it s (Example: -180/+180 If Team A wins, $100 bets pay out $180. If Team B wins, $100 bets pay out $55.56)

Without further ado...

MADDEN GAF - WEEK 1

Saints [+4] @ Packers O/U: 58.5 -125/+115

Bengals @ [-4] Browns O/U: 48 +130/-145

Falcons [+4] @ Bears O/U: 53.5 -130/+160

Lions [+6] @ Bucs O/U: 61 -170/+180

Eagles [-14] @ Rams O/U: 59.5 +580/-700

Colts [+6] @ Texans O/U: 58.5 -210/+230

Titans [-6] @ Jaguars O/U: 53.5 +190/-220

Bills [-10] @ Chiefs O/U: 58 +250/-400

Steelers [-4] @ Ravens O/U: 59.5 +130/-150

Giants [-4] @ Redskins O/U: 52 +145/-175

Vikings [+4] @ Chargers O/U: 54.5 -150/+135

Panthers [-6] @ Cardinals O/U: 53 +170/-195

Seahawks [+13] @ Niners O/U: 56 -600/+400

Cowboys [+4] @ Jets O/U: 54.5 -160/+150

Patriots [+3] @ Dolphins O/U: 52 -145/+145

Raiders [-6] @ Broncos O/U: 58.5 +180/-230

LiveWire's LOCK of the Week:

I'll take the Niners at home.

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
Since it seems we are mere days away from starting the franchise, it's time for an old favorite to return
if anyone with Photoshop skillz can make me a banner you'd be a king of kings
:

LIVEWIRE'S LINES

FORMAT: Team A [Point Spread] Team B Over/Under / Moneyline

How to Read the Lines:

Point Spread: Bolded
teams are the favorite to win (non-bolded teams are the underdog.). Team A will always be followed by the point spread. The point spread is the expected point difference between the two teams. If the favorite is Team A, it will be written as Team A - (minus) x, where x is the point value. If the favorite is Team B, it will be written as Team A + (plus) x, where x is the point value. (Example: Team A [-6] Team B - Team A is expected to win by a margin of more than 6 points. If Team B were to win outright OR lose by 6 or less points, they "cover the spread" and bettors picking Team B would win.)

Over/Under: An betting odd that contemplates the total combined score of both teams. The over/under, or O/U, is set at a specific point total, and bettors must decide whether they believe the combined final score of the game will be over or under that total. (Example: O/U = 56, Final score is Team A 21 Team B 38. (21+38=59) Bettors of the OVER would win.)

Moneyline: The amount of money paid out for bettors of a particular team. Team A is first, Team B is second. If a team has a + before the number, a bettor would make that amount of money for every $100 spent. If it is a minus, a bettor would have to bet that amount of money to win $100. If it s (Example: -180/+180 If Team A wins, $100 bets pay out $180. If Team B wins, $100 bets pay out $55.56)

Without further ado...

MADDEN GAF - WEEK 1

Saints [+4] @ Packers O/U: 58.5 -125/+115

Bengals @ [-4] Browns O/U: 48 +130/-145

Falcons [+4] @ Bears O/U: 53.5 -130/+160

Lions [+6] @ Bucs O/U: 61 -170/+180

Eagles [-14] @ Rams O/U: 59.5 +580/-700

Colts [+6] @ Texans O/U: 58.5 -210/+230

Titans [-6] @ Jaguars O/U: 53.5 +190/-220

Bills [-10] @ Chiefs O/U: 58 +250/-400

Steelers [-4] @ Ravens O/U: 59.5 +130/-150

Giants [-4] @ Redskins O/U: 52 +145/-175

Vikings [+4] @ Chargers O/U: 54.5 -150/+135

Panthers [-6] @ Cardinals O/U: 53 +170/-195

Seahawks [+13] @ Niners O/U: 56 -600/+400

Cowboys [+4] @ Jets O/U: 54.5 -160/+150

Patriots [+3] @ Dolphins O/U: 52 -145/+145

Raiders [-6] @ Broncos O/U: 58.5 +180/-230

LiveWire's LOCK of the Week:

I'll take the Niners at home.
Love it!! Now we need Rors power rankings and we are ready to go!

DCX

Top Bottom