• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
they need to fix the injury system. i have still yet to see a QB injured. RARELY do i see RB's and WR's injured. more often then not the defender gets injured because the offensive player :/

maybe it's different in the online franchise mode though

Shut UP! If they fix injuries I'll lose Felix Jones to the Jets all season week 1 =(

I will say since I listened to CK's advice after our last game I have played MUCH better. Getting excited to start the league.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
meh, more dream team luck. you should be ashamed after any game you lose this season

that TD Celek NFL street caught was luck. But the Willis sky 1 hand interception that preceded it was just as bad. so i felt no remorse.

LB's shouldnt have that animation at all

CB3 said:
that TD Celek NFL street caught was luck. But the Willis sky 1 hand interception that preceded it was just as bad. so i felt no remorse.

LB's shouldnt have that animation at all

there is something wonky about the AI when the ball is tipped. you have had that shit happen before.... ridiculous.

as for the willis pick whatever. you threw right at him, what do you expect?

the eagles are almost indefensible. i can spy with my fastest lb and vick can have all day to throw because he's faster. the WR's are fast enough to where you can't play man, and then they eventually just break open of the zone since vick can buy all the time in the world. if you do cover those 2 things, then just throw it to someone in the flats who is uncovered because if you play in that area you are giving up coverage downfield.

pass D is kinda shitty in this game. i mean i had over 300 yards with kapernick and i really only passed on 3 drives. sure, asante made the physically impossible "coming out of bump animation but i can still recover to make the pick even though the receiver is 5 yards past me while i'm still in that animation", but aside from that i had no problems when i went to passing sets

CB3

reggieshrug.jpg

I figured id bust out the big guns against you since the league will open tomorrow. If anyone who played me before thought they were getting the full experience, sorry. :) Before today was largely pre-season for me. Not meaning i didnt try. i tried to win every game. But i was experimenting with different offensive playbooks and kept my defense and sub packages extremely vanilla.

Cant wait to get this show on the road tomorrow.

CB3 said:
reggieshrug.jpg

I figured id bust out the big guns against you since the league will open tomorrow. If anyone who played me before thought they were getting the full experience, sorry. :) Before today was largely pre-season for me. Not meaning i didnt try. i tried to win every game. But i was experimenting with different offensive playbooks and kept my defense and sub packages extremely vanilla.

and even with all the bullshit you got in that game i should've still won it. you'll see what you get in week 4 chump!

p.s. anyone else around for a game before i go to sleep!?

CB3

thats subjective.

Ive found a few ways to cover up for my shit LB'ers in the run game. Its worked well against some big guns for the most part

CB3 said:
thats subjective.

Ive found a few ways to cover up for my shit LB'ers in the run game. Its worked well against some big guns for the most part

wow you did? i was average 5 yards a carry with gore and had like 40 yards on 2 carries with hunter. shut down city!

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wow you did? i was average 5 yards a carry with gore and had like 40 yards on 2 carries with hunter. shut down city!

how many yards did you have the previous game? 27?

I said for the most part. i did a decent job against AP today. Ryan Matthews gashed me but alot of that was the slowdown i had in my game with Nightz, as well as keeping damn near 3 guys dedicated to Gates (which didnt help in stopping him)

CB3 said:
how many yards did you have the previous game? 27?

I said for the most part. i did a decent job against AP today. Ryan Matthews gashed me but alot of that was the slowdown i had in my game with Nightz, as well as keeping damn near 3 guys dedicated to Gates (which didnt help in stopping him)

i ran 5 times for 27 yards in the game before that so.... yeah. i don't even think my first run of the game came until the 2nd quarter. still seeing what works and what doesn't in the pass game. i already know i can run :D

Striker

CB3 said:
Are we starting tomorrow?
2itrnn5.gif

Wanted to toy around with some more defensive procedures. But I guess that's tough luck. Are FA's also on pick-up around Week 5 as usual? I need some freakin' depth, or starters. :lol

DCX

DCX
Striker said:
Are we starting tomorrow?
2itrnn5.gif

Wanted to toy around with some more defensive procedures. But I guess that's tough luck. Are FA's also on pick-up around Week 5 as usual? I need some freakin' depth, or starters. :lol
No free agency till the end of the season . At least that's the latest proposal unless there is an injury.

Season 1 will mainly be stock teams barring any trades. Which need to be decided upon quickly due to people playing tonight.

DCX

DCX

DCX
eznark said:
Can I see them anywhere online? Which receiver would you prefer; Jones, Cracker or Driver?
ESPN Madden 12 ratings. Google it sir. I would link it but I'm on my phone and not home.

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
DCX said:
Levious, I can play tonight if the league is a go. Let me know what is a good time frame.

DCX

Assuming we start tonight, I'd prefer to get a practice game in with Chicago first, I've been lazy about getting to that, sorry.

DCX

DCX
levious said:
Assuming we start tonight, I'd prefer to get a practice game in with Chicago first, I've been lazy about getting to that, sorry.
I got all night so maybe you and Wellie can be practice buddies :)

DCX

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah, false alarm for the invites i sent out. the rosters are NOT updated yet (on 360 anyways)

p.s. i could play a quick game if anyone is around

coming for you

nvm, sanjuro is much too fast

mik

mik is unbeatable
So, can you not update the rosters at all once the franchise is created? Even if no one has played yet? That's kind of lame (though unsurprising) if true.

Rorschach

DCX said:
No free agency till the end of the season . At least that's the latest proposal unless there is an injury.

Season 1 will mainly be stock teams barring any trades. Which need to be decided upon quickly due to people playing tonight.

DCX
Son of a bitch!

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Son of a bitch!
I figured we would get the week 5 and give lesser ranked teams preference at first right to refuse but we may be going in stock.

So if you guys have any trade ideas now is the time .

Also with a salary cap in place, i think it will eliminate the need for voting. You want two mega WRs, have fun with that 60 rated O and D line as thats all you'll be able to afford.

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
I figured we would get the week 5 and give lesser ranked teams preference at first right to refuse but we may be going in stock.

So if you guys have any trade ideas now is the time .

Also with a salary cap in place, i think it will eliminate the need for voting. You want two mega WRs, have fun with that 60 rated O and D line as thats all you'll be able to afford.

DCX
Oh, this isn't official word. This is just DCX trying to get more trades. Well, I have nothing good to trade! Good day sir!

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Oh, this isn't official word. This is just DCX trying to get more trades. Well, I have nothing good to trade! Good day sir!
I'm reporting based on internal conversations i had with two of the 8 members of the former counsel. I really don't have trades to make. I have one position i'd like to upgrade and two positions with depth that if i can move a player, i will.

Live and Smokey are the ones with the DEAL OF THE CENTURY.

DCX

Top Bottom