• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Birdman02

DCX said:
I resigned my entire team. Hayden, Grimes and Decoud alone from Dunta money.

Resigned Synder to replace McClure. Ovie. Lofton. It had to be done.

Abraham netted me a second rounder . In a draft where I owe Strikers all my picks almost lol. I did good. DTs create the most pressure anyways.

DCX

Couldn't you have just released Dunta after the season and still resigned all of those guys? It sounds like all you've done is make your secondary worse this season, but maybe I'm missing something.

TheCrow

Birdman02 said:
Couldn't you have just released Dunta after the season and still resigned all of those guys? It sounds like all you've done is make your secondary worse this season, but maybe I'm missing something.
shhh let dcx believe he's the greatest gm for a little bit longer.

Rorschach

I wasn't home when the bids were cancelled! I need to cancel one for the same reason as wellie and one because I fucked up and bid the wrong amount (over myself even).

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
im sick of your guys excuses!

This is what happens when we're stuck waiting on 2 games for a week. People get restless and start overpaying fullbacks and cutting CB's for no reason

Rorschach

FYI, it removed a couple of my bids. I wasn't home, so it wasn't me. Also, on some bids, it makes you think you're the highest, but it doesn't show up on "targeted players" list. Maybe it's showing some people they're the highest when they're not? And removing the bid removed my top bid... or my top bid wasn't the actual top bid? All I know is my bid was higher than the guy has now.

[edit]Also, before you guys blow your wad on Tommie Harris, the superior Jon Henderson can be had for a measly second round pick!

eznark

Banned
I don't understand releasing him at all. You could have traded him to any number of teams to get rid of his contract and get something in return.

DCX is the Matt Millen of Madden.

Striker

12.4M so far for Dunta. lololol

Though sadly I would opt to put up a bid if Sheldon already didn't carry a decent salary.

But things like 5.3M for Darren Sharper and Tommie Harris' money is outrageous.

DCX

DCX
eznark said:
I don't understand releasing him at all. You could have traded him to any number of teams to get rid of his contract and get something in return.

He was owed 10 mill this year and locked in for five years. Hard to trade that contract when you can get a cb rated 2-3 points lower for half the price.

I have some bids on free agents that I.wouldn't have made without cutting him now.

Dunta at 12? I already won..to bad its not any games as on still winless :(

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Revis: $11 MM
Asomugha: $10 MM
Samuel: $9.3 MM
Bailey: $11.5 MM

Robinson: $12.4 MM

lol

This is what happens when teams have a ton of money and there's a position of need across most of the league. The only guys that wouldn't benefit right away from Dunta are CB, Ez, AT, and Jets guy. Free agency is going to be awesome.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Revis: $11 MM
Asomugha: $10 MM
Samuel: $9.3 MM
Bailey: $11.5 MM

Robinson: $12.4 MM

lol

This is what happens when teams have a ton of money and there's a position of need across most of the league. The only guys that wouldn't benefit right away from Dunta are CB, Ez, AT, and Jets guy. Free agency is going to be awesome.
Lulz, he might end up in Mario Williams country with that salary.

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
pheenix is out of town til tonight, we're gonna play as soon as he can, around midnight. Don't know about the other game.

LukeSmith

This is what happens when we have no structure.

We better be advancing to Week 4 on Saturday night.

eznark said:

This gets said every year, usually not till the first offseason

LukeSmith

levious said:
pheenix is out of town til tonight, we're gonna play as soon as he can, around midnight. Don't know about the other game.

LiveWire hasn't been out of town and has no real excuses. Advance the league after Pheenix's game is done! Tough titties!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
LiveWire hasn't been out of town and has no real excuses. Advance the league after Pheenix's game is done! Tough titties!
Celebrating the first Redskins win streak in like forever. I give him a pass!

Yeah I gotta be in something till 9:45 then I'm going to drive home as quick as possible, usually takes me about an hour 45 to two hours to get back

sorry for the wait fellars

LiveWire

LukeSmith said:

Dude. Enough already. It's hard enough to schedule with Albatross being on the east coast. We were going to play Tuesday night and EA's servers shit the bed. We're playing tonight around 6:30 Pacific.

If you sign a FA to a 1 year deal you can immediately restructure his contract? Kind of lame when some1 signs dunta for 5 years 24 mil after winning him for 12 mil.

LukeSmith

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
If you sign a FA to a 1 year deal you can immediately restructure his contract? Kind of lame when some1 signs dunta for 5 years 24 mil after winning him for 12 mil.

My impression is that in restructuring you can't add or subtract years, but rather move the payment forward. So while Dunta may get signed for 15.6M or something, theoretically someone could move cash up further.

That said, if we don't have cap penalties for cutting people, Free Agency is just going to be a bunch of trolling by whoever has the most cap space.

Which is why we should be penalizing cuts (the bonuses) against the Cap and we should be enforcing minimum spend (89% of the salary cap is what the NFL uses in 2011).

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Luke's just upset he has nothing to spend. Dunta would look real good cheap shotting players in a Colts uniform... Cut Wayne!

Actually I had like 15M, I restructured Freeney so I wouldn't have to pay him 19M next year. I ain't even mad

LukeSmith

Teams below Minimum Spend under current NFL rules:

49ers (cap number / money below the cap)
$105,835,333 $14,164,667
Redskins
$103,253,333 $16,746,667
Buccs
$102,564,508 $17,435,492
Titans
$100,202,000 $19,798,000
Patriots
$99,491,333 $20,508,667
Jaguars
$99,136,350 $20,863,650
Broncos
$99,020,750 $20,979,250
Browns
$97,970,651 $22,029,349
Bengals
$97,283,165 $22,716,835
Raiders
$96,109,500 $23,890,500
Bills
$95,873,750 $24,126,250
Seahawks
$93,171,000 $26,829,000

Nightz

LukeSmith said:
My impression is that in restructuring you can't add or subtract years, but rather move the payment forward. So while Dunta may get signed for 15.6M or something, theoretically someone could move cash up further.

That said, if we don't have cap penalties for cutting people, Free Agency is just going to be a bunch of trolling by whoever has the most cap space.

Which is why we should be penalizing cuts (the bonuses) against the Cap and we should be enforcing minimum spend (89% of the salary cap is what the NFL uses in 2011).
Been reading around the LM forums and saw this:
As I understand it, the Entire remaining Bonus money owed to a player, INCLUDING the current year, is taken out of your available cap space as a PENALTY that is assessed starting the Following Season...

Example - If you trade or release Julious Peppers, he is on a 5yr contract, and is owed $7m per year in bonus money... (example, not official contract number) Therefore, 7x5 = $35m Cap Penalty that would be assessed at the start of the NEXT Season...

IF League Manager does in fact track this, I think we need some type of window that shows us exactly how much of a cap penalty we have accrued... Like the window that appears when Bidding on Free Agents, it tells you exactly how much money you have tied up in other bids, we need to have something similar that tells us how much of a penalty we will be facing next season...
Hasn't been confirmed though.

Rorschach

I don't think the site does that. Offline franchise does, though. Let's move the league offline.

Some people that think they're under the cap now will have to cut a bunch of players to make room for rookie contracts too. 5 mil under ain't gonna cut it!

Nightz

Here's a post from Buck_I_Nation, who's like an admin or something for the site:

They will have to eat the signing bonus as its layed out per year starting the season after the player is released. So if the players contract is 50million for 5 years including signing bonus of 20 million.... the owner would take a 4mill cap hit for 5 years.

LiveWire

levious said:
I thought the minimum didn't go into effect this year?

I believe it did because of the new CBA. Which is why you had teams offering ridiculous extensions to average players (I think the Jags are an example?)

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/6/...salary-floor-in-new-nfl-collective-bargaining

Oops nevermind!

http://www.bengals101.com/2011/07/31/nfl-salary-floor-rule-doesnt-apply-this-season/

Jerry Jones might just help Mike Brown make a boatload of money this season. That's because, contrary to initial reports from ESPN's John Clayton, the reputed "salary floor" in which each individual owner was responsible for spending 90 per cent of the salary cap won't take effect until 2013. Instead, in 2011 and 2012 NFL owners must collectively spend 99 per cent of the aggregate salary cap, or an average of $119 million dollars per team.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
yeah that's what I'm talking about, I thought it doesn't go into effect until the 2013 season.

LiveWire

Ramirez said:
So we're waiting until like midnight tonight for one game with no guarantee of the other being played?

LiveWire said:
We were going to play Tuesday night and EA's servers shit the bed. We're playing tonight around 6:30 Pacific.

No idea about Pheenix's game but ours will be done by 10:30PM Eastern (if not earlier.)

Top Bottom