• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Didn't the Vita come out last week? I played with my brother's on Sunday. UG:A looked pretty good. I really hate the Sony XMB and how they sometimes force you to use the touch screen rather than just use the stick for navigation.

I have pretty much zero interest in the thing tho. What's so "must have" about it? The screen?

BigAT

Enough Vita talk, let's talk about some real games.

a9fksm.gif

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
what is UG:A?

I had only moderate interest in it but I had an older PS3 that is as loud as a hair dryer so I traded that and my PSP in towards it.

DCX

DCX
Didn't the Vita come out last week? I played with my brother's on Sunday. UG:A looked pretty good. I really hate the Sony XMB and how they sometimes force you to use the touch screen rather than just use the stick for navigation.

I have pretty much zero interest in the thing tho. What's so "must have" about it? The screen?

Well..its true console like gaming in your hands. Cross platform gaming. Umm..makes a great media device.

Its new tech mostly. People love gadgets. I am guilty.

DCX

eznark

Banned
does it not have a display button like the PSP that can just turn the screen off?

You have to let it automatically turn the screen off, you can't do it yourself. That means that when I set something to download and put the damn thing on my nightstand to charge, it ha to sit there and glow for five fucking minutes.

Idiotic.

it's basically a portable PS3? if portable gaming doesn't interest you or you don't have a use for it then you probably won't want a vita

DCX

DCX
I don't know why FMT wants to vance early. Like DCX said it is Vita day so a lot of us won't be playing Madden today anyway!

Prolly not.

Also Wells, I get an hour for lunch break and Vita would fill the gap better than Words with friends and hanging with friends .

DCX

levious

I don't know why FMT wants to vance early. Like DCX said it is Vita day so a lot of us won't be playing Madden today anyway!

he better advance early! I let DM play cpu and of course Cole got no stats.

levious

disappointing, I thought you were talking about the old GAF member Doom Bringer...

LiveWire

mario
mario kart
Zelda
Tales of the Abyss

Are there any other games right now?

Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog & New Friends
Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever & New Friends
Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle & New Friends
Pilotwings Resort
Steel Diver
Star Fox 64 3D
Pokémon Rumble Blast
Tetris: Axis

8! Get buying fools!!

take zelda off and put resident evil!

Shit, forgot about RE. so we're at 5!

Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog & New Friends
Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever & New Friends
Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle & New Friends
Pilotwings Resort
Steel Diver
Star Fox 64 3D
Pokémon Rumble Blast
Tetris: Axis

8! Get buying fools!!

And Star Fox. So 6!

And I don't need another Tetris game. I have the DS one, and It is all I'll ever need!

Mrbob

I kicked some ass in DOTA last night. Team won because of my Tide Hunter entering beast mode in the tail end of the game! Assualt Curais ftw. He was flying around and hacking things at amazing fleed.

he better advance early! I let DM play cpu and of course Cole got no stats.

jack-nicholson-nodding.gif

does the online still work with that? Haven't tried in a long time.

never actually used the online. Always played local with friends. I think the only game for the DS I ever used online was Mario Kart and the Metroid Game once at a friends (because I certainly wasn't going t buy that abortion).

Metal Gear!?!?

I already have 2 versions of that game, and possibly a 3rd soon. I think I'll be ok with out it!

McNei1y

Enough Vita talk, let's talk about some real games.

a9fksm.gif

Ugh. I got bored and angry with Borderlands. Then again, I was playing by myself and I was trying to catch up to my friend but I stopped playing at like level 10.

Question: if my roommates and I like playing Mario Kart 64 too much, is Mario Kart Wii similar? We've played probably 200-300 games+ in the past couple of months and we're trying to play some new maps. Would we be disappointed with it? Happy? Different? etc... We're thinking about having my roommate bring his Wii over and all pitch in money for Mario Kart Wii.

levious

never actually used the online. Always played local with friends. I think the only game for the DS I ever used online was Mario Kart and the Metroid Game once at a friends (because I certainly wasn't going t buy that abortion).

the online was great, but was crowded with people who made me feel dumb in tetris.

Mario Kart Wii is good, but some might not like the bikes. Did you mostly play battle or two player grand prix? I didn't mess with battle mode, but grand prix was great. Koopa Beach is not in it (was my favorite from 64) but it was remade for the 3ds game.

Oh, we play next McNeily, when would you prefer?

league is vanced!

as for borderlands it was cool for the first 20 hours or so, then it just got fucking boring. i guess you're fucked either way as a game company:

1. make a 6-10 hour game. "HEY MOTHERFUCKER I PAID $60 FOR THIS AND THAT'S THE BEST YOU CAN DO!"
2. make 50 hour game. "HOLY FUCK THIS GOT BORING! NEVER PLAYING AGAIN LULZ"

logged onto steam for the first time in a week or so and it said "YOU HAVE 2 NEW GIFTS!" and i was thinking oh nice i got DOTA 2!

then it was 2 more invites to SMNC. lulz why would they send that

Sanjuro

Borderlands has to be the most unrewarding co-op experiences I have ever played. I'm hoping they can balance things out for the sequel, but I'm just assuming they repackaged the prior. It was fun for a little bit though. That little robot guy kept me going through hard times.

BTW, who are the Ravens at this point?

McNei1y

Mario Kart Wii is good, but some might not like the bikes. Did you mostly play battle or two player grand prix? I didn't mess with battle mode, but grand prix was great. Koopa Beach is not in it (was my favorite from 64) but it was remade for the 3ds game.

Oh, we play next McNeily, when would you prefer?

Well, for now, three of my roommates and I just play 4 player VS and usually do it as a drinking game (finish a newly opened beer before the race finishes, 1st player wins). I've watched some youtube videos of the maps and they seem decent for this game we play. I've seen the Bikes but isn't the vehicle you choose all up to you? I just think it'd be so much better to play with 32 levels rather than 14 (16 total but we skip Rainbow Road and Moo Moo Farm). I'd have to say Wario Stadium or Royal Raceway is my favorite.

Also, I'm down to play today if you want. I've got class at 2 but I'm done at 3:15 so I can play starting 3:30 until whenever today. I'm pretty much free (I've got a lot of school work but I can take an hour off).

league is vanced!

as for borderlands it was cool for the first 20 hours or so, then it just got fucking boring. i guess you're fucked either way as a game company:

1. make a 6-10 hour game. "HEY MOTHERFUCKER I PAID $60 FOR THIS AND THAT'S THE BEST YOU CAN DO!"
2. make 50 hour game. "HOLY FUCK THIS GOT BORING! NEVER PLAYING AGAIN LULZ"

Yeah I agree with this. I defeated maybe 3 bosses, or 3 main quests, and I just didn't feel any reward to keep going. I think it'd be a lot of fun with friends so I'm going to see if my roommate wants to start over sometime.

I also think Mass Effect is an exception to number 2 but then again, its fucking Mass Effect so its not really in this category.

levious

Well, for now, three of my roommates and I just play 4 player VS and usually do it as a drinking game (finish a newly opened beer before the race finishes, 1st player wins). I've watched some youtube videos of the maps and they seem decent for this game we play. I've seen the Bikes but isn't the vehicle you choose all up to you? I just think it'd be so much better to play with 32 levels rather than 14 (16 total but we skip Rainbow Road and Moo Moo Farm). I'd have to say Wario Stadium or Royal Raceway is my favorite.

Also, I'm down to play today if you want. I've got class at 2 but I'm done at 3:15 so I can play starting 3:30 until whenever today. I'm pretty much free (I've got a lot of school work but I can take an hour off).

won't be home til after 6 or so. If you've got a lot of work would tomorrow night be better?

About split screen, can't recall if they add cpu karts for that, some of these wii tracks are huge as they're meant for 12 racers.

Also I think you can play 2 player split screen online.

McNei1y

won't be home til after 6 or so. If you've got a lot of work would tomorrow night be better?

I mean either way I have a busy week but I think tonight would probably be best since tomorrow I have a test and written work to do. You're EST yeah? I guess lets shoot for 8ish.

About split screen, can't recall if they add cpu karts for that, some of these wii tracks are huge as they're meant for 12 racers.

Also I think you can play 2 player split screen online.

From the videos I've watched it seems they add CPU karts. I can turn them off right? I just saw some website that says you can change the "rules" of the race (cc, kart, items, cpu difficulty) and it says I can turn them off as well as make it just karts but I just want to make sure.

Top Bottom