• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
just making defenders catch an interception at a higher rate would completely change the way most people play offense.

Sanjuro

just making defenders catch an interception at a higher rate would completely change the way most people play offense.

dCem4.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Not really. If they actually changed the way defense works the DB's wouldnt be running most routes better then the WR's themselves. They shouldnt even be in position to drop most of those picks.

Although the flipside to that is alot of us are in 70% completion rate with our QB's. So its tough either way

McNei1y

I would think a pass defending control scheme would be cool. Like, once the ball is in the air, different buttons can determine the outcome or something. Maybe this exists in madden nowadays but I'm thinking of buttons to swat the ball down. Swatting the ball down can be a greater chance to succeed compared to going for the pick which can leave you hanging and allow the receiver open. I dunno

Sanjuro

I'm hoping there are quick time events when the ball comes near a defender. The only practical way to develop a modern football game.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Not really. If they actually changed the way defense works the DB's wouldnt be running most routes better then the WR's themselves. They shouldnt even be in position to drop most of those picks.

Although the flipside to that is alot of us are in 70% completion rate with our QB's. So its tough either way

they could do both

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
My money is on them reintroducing a bunch of the stuff that was added onto Madden 2005, and then either taken out or obscured, as something new.

LiveWire

The problem with defense, at least in the secondary is as CB said, DBs running the routes better than the WRs in many cases, or having the ability to cover both a short out route and a intermediate hook/go route. There are far too many recoveries by beaten DBs (and by recovery I mean the game engine deciding the DB shall have an INT and then boosting/teleporting them over to the ball faster than they should be able to go.) With linebackers, the problem is the MLB/ILB being able to deflect/intercept the ball 99% of the time when facing the QB with passes that go to the seam. In the NFL this is more like 10% of the time.

The real solution is to add a better physics engine to simulate the real-world acceleration and weight of players.

Edit: The passing cone in its old implementation I think didn't work, but the idea they were going for made a lot of sense.

LukeSmith

Agreed that I will never forgive or forget Starks as a choker.

Also agreed that Winning Time is a top 5 30 for 30. They're actually available on Netflix. I just watched The Best that Never Was on Marcus Dupree. Pretty sick how good he was.

Which others do you guys like? Muhammad And Larry is likely my favorite. Run Ricky Run and Silly Little Game are probably my next ones.

It wasn't a 30 for 30 (technically), but the Fab Five one was awesome.

The USFL one was pretty good, same with the one on Miami "The U"

I have the complete first run of 30 for 30 (Simmons said he's bringing 30 for 30 back this fall for another series) on Blu-ray, I need to watch them all.

Random sports doc rec:

The HBO doc on Magic and Larry is probably one of my favorite documentaries ever. It's absolutely spectacular.

The HBO Lombardi doc is great, too. I need to watch the Namath one.

LiveWire

I saw the Namath one -- really good. Would love to see a series about the #1 NFL draft picks over the past 40 years and to see how they ended up. Maybe like a 20-24 episode series where they do 2 players per episode.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I saw the Namath one -- really good. Would love to see a series about the #1 NFL draft picks over the past 40 years and to see how they ended up. Maybe like a 20-24 episode series where they do 2 players per episode.
That would be FUCKING AWESOME

Edit: Eli Manning ep would be about how he is a 2 time champ and better than his brother. Would be so sick.

Wanted to know if I had a fellow Marquette alum!

Which I use to remind Ph33nix I knew who Dwade was before he became big time on the Heat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlymqXcruCU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSDuRAMAA5M&feature=related

Marquette basketball on an upswing again. I like what Buzz has done with the team.

You graduated from Marquette? Really? Thats awesome man! What was your major?

I've been looking into Marquette's mechanical engineering program and i would love to go there. Unfortunately, UW Madison has a much better program(they have a Formula SAE program) so I'd likely go there instead. :(

Mrbob

Business Administration. Probably why I've been a step ahead of most people in league manager working player deals. :D

Mrbob

Blame Harry Caray! I lived in Kenosha for a long time as a kid (which is very close to the Illinois border) and every day the Cubs would be on WGN after school was done. We would also have a Chicago fox station besides a wisconsin fox station, so my Cubs fandom extended to the Bears. My other family members always give my parents a hard time on how they allowed me to become a Bears fan instead of a Packers fan.

Edit: I just realized you are looking to go to college. I'm in my later 20s now damn I'm old. No wonder I can't compete in Madden anymore. Don't have the reflexes the youngins do.

Blame Harry Caray! I lived in Kenosha for a long time as a kid (which is very close to the Illinois border) and every day the Cubs would be on WGN after school was done. We would also have a Chicago fox station besides a wisconsin fox station, so my Cubs fandom extended to the Bears. My other family members always give my parents a hard time on how they allowed me to become a Bears fan instead of a Packers fan.

Yeah i know where Kenosha is... If only because I used to drive by there on my way to Chicago/Six Flags/Gurnee Mills. I guess that makes sense with you living so damn close to Chicago. I am still disappointed in you though!

I guess it could be worse. I work with a Lady from Wisconsin who is a vikings fan! I ignore her.

Edit: I just realized you are looking to go to college. I'm in my later 20s now damn I'm old. No wonder I can't compete in Madden anymore. Don't have the reflexes the youngins do.

Uhm... I'm 29 :(

No way am i one of the youngins. I don't enjoy what i do now and engineering has always interested me so i am looking into a career change. School is completely paid for so i just need to sack up and do it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
You graduated from Marquette? Really? Thats awesome man! What was your major?

I've been looking into Marquette's mechanical engineering program and i would love to go there. Unfortunately, UW Madison has a much better program(they have a Formula SAE program) so I'd likely go there instead. :(

Mechanical Engineering!? I knew I liked you! Do it! Remember that as you make your gobs of money you will want to repeatedly bang your head against any solid object.

Wait you don't enjoy what you do now and you want to transfer into engineering? LOL

Mechanical Engineering!? I knew I liked you! Do it! Remember that as you make your gobs of money you will want to repeatedly bang your head against any solid object.

Wait you don't enjoy what you do now and you want to transfer into engineering? LOL

*brofist*

I've always done well with STEM classes and i actually enjoy the coursework. That said, i know engineering school will be hell but when i come out on the other end i will love what i am doing - and that will be working for Boeing or some Auto company!

Yeah, i loathe my current job. Even engineering school will be better than that!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Damn straight. She's the second best Trojan basketball player of all time (behind Baby Jordan of course).

The Pony Excess/Express is probably one of my favorites. Also like the one on Miami Football.

Pony Excess is damn close to being The Perfect Movie.

Top Bottom