• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2.5 Thread: RROD SCARE US!!

Somnia

Slo said:
Holy crap. :O

I'm up to play tonight if you are just let me know...dunno whats wrong with my avail other than monday??? Mon anytime after 10pm cst, tuesday anytime after 6pm cst, Weds anytime, thursday anytime after 5pm cst...just let me know man.

Slo

Let's try for Tuesday night. I'm home tonight but I'm exhausted. Nothing is wrong with your availability, it just doesn't match up with mine that well, is all.

Somnia

Slo said:
Let's try for Tuesday night. I'm home tonight but I'm exhausted. Nothing is wrong with your availability, it just doesn't match up with mine that well, is all.

Oh ok cool :D Tuesday works for me...I'll post when I get home from work and see whats what.

Birdbomb and I will get our week one game in on Thursday since he is busy over the next couple of days and I couldn't make it this past weekend.

daw840

Let's get week 1 done people!!:D

What's the status on these unplayed week 1 games?

San Francisco at Green Bay = Being played tonight
Indianapolis at Buffalo
Philadelphia at Minnesota = Being played tonight?
Detroit at Chicago = Being played tonight

Pittsburgh at New Orleans
Tennessee at New England

Somnia

Slo...I just got home from work...let me know if you can play tonight...I'm available at any hour. I'll be on AIM if you want to shoot me a message on there...Somnia1982

Birdman02

daw840 said:

San Francisco at Green Bay
Indianapolis at Buffalo
Philadelphia at Minnesota
Tennessee at New England

We're planning on playing late tonight...we were supposed to play last weekend, but I was sick and couldn't sit up long enough to play anything!

Slo

Somnia said:
Slo...I just got home from work...let me know if you can play tonight...I'm available at any hour. I'll be on AIM if you want to shoot me a message on there...Somnia1982

I'm around, just let me get my kids settled and I'll be right with you.

daw840

daw840 said:

San Francisco at Green Bay = Being played tonight
Indianapolis at Buffalo
Philadelphia at Minnesota = Being played tonight

Tennessee at New England

Alright, leaves three games. What's going on with these?

AirBrian

daw840 said:
Alright, leaves three games. What's going on with these?
Matt just found out the league started on Sunday (my fault!), so he should be contacting bons, if he hasn't already.

tcvr0d and LJ should be in contact too.

And birdbomb and Classic should be getting their game in Thursday.

AirBrian

LJ11 said:
Does tvcrod post on GAF, or is AIM the best way to contact him?
He does but his account is jacked up now for some reason. He's supposedly sent the staff an email. The easiest way to contact him is XBL though (tcvr0d) or AIM (tcvrod). It shows he's on in Madden right now, but away for 45 mintues. :-(

Somnia

GG Slo...was a close match until the 4th I thought. Man everything fell apart for me in that quarter :lol AP as usual is a beast!

Remind me never to challenge again till they fix that unable to skip the replay shit

Slo

Jesus Somnia, that score doesn't reflect how close that game was at all. Once you got Bwest going, I couldn't stop him. Then things just kind of fell apart for you.

GG.

Somnia

Slo said:
Jesus Somnia, that score doesn't reflect how close that game was at all. Once you got Bwest going, I couldn't stop him. Then things just kind of fell apart for you.

GG.

Ya a pick 6 and then a fumble by my receiver back to back is a bad combo...and mcnabb getting hurt stopping you from scoring :lol

LJ11

AirBrian said:
He does but his account is jacked up now for some reason. He's supposedly sent the staff an email. The easiest way to contact him is XBL though (tcvr0d) or AIM (tcvrod). It shows he's on in Madden right now, but away for 45 mintues. :-(

Thanks, I'll contact him.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
I refuse to believe that out of the dedicated crew, this many games have not been played. There must be several intricate reasons why they haven't been played.

I will call bons today to see whats up with his game.

Since we have a few people that are banned from gaf why don't we make it mandatory for everyone to put their gamertag and aim on their league daddy account?

AirBrian

I'm not worried at all yet. All the games that are still unplayed are either scheduled to get played or the owners are in contact. This is a huge improvement already from the first attempt. I just think there are a lot of procrastinators here. :lol Including me sometimes. :-(

Anyhow, this week had someone get sick, a Jewish holiday, XBL was down for an entire day, and a surprise bachelor's party. I think this was just a bad week.

Somnia

There's always going to be a delay on at least one game...no way around it no matter how dedicated people are. I think we're fine though.

daw840

AirBrian said:
I'm not worried at all yet. All the games that are still unplayed are either scheduled to get played or the owners are in contact. This is a huge improvement already from the first attempt. I just think there are a lot of procrastinators here. :lol Including me sometimes. :-(

Anyhow, this week had someone get sick, a Jewish holiday, XBL was down for an entire day, and a surprise bachelor's party. I think this was just a bad week.

I'm not worried yet, but if no progress has been made by the end of Thursday, then I will be a little concerned. I just made the post above to stoke the fire a little.

Slo

I'm a little concerned. The first few weeks of most leagues have people begging the commishes to advance the week. And here we are...

So what are the chances of getting some games in tonight?

daw840

San Francisco at Green Bay
Indianapolis at Buffalo
Detroit at Chicago
Tennessee at New England

Well, this is what's left. AB's game is not on my concern list as this is his league. ;)

However, the other 4 games are of some concern. I thought the SF @ GB game was supposed to be played last night, any updates?

All non banned members need to post their intentions here. The deadline was set for tonight at 11 pm CST, I understand this has been a rough week with the holiday, sickness, Live down, etc, but there has still been plenty of time for a league of "dedicated" players to get this done.

Birdman02

mr stroke was held up at work last night. Our availability doesn't mesh very well this week....he hasn't been able to get off work until midnight CST, and I'm usually in bed (or close to it) by then. We're gonna try again tonight if I can stay up that late. Worst case scenario, we'll play Friday evening when he's available a little earlier.

daw840

Birdman02 said:
mr stroke was held up at work last night. Our availability doesn't mesh very well this week....he hasn't been able to get off work until midnight CST, and I'm usually in bed (or close to it) by then. We're gonna try again tonight if I can stay up that late. Worst case scenario, we'll play Friday evening when he's available a little earlier.

Is this the only game we have updates on?

AirBrian

SF and GB are playing at midnight. I'm playing at 11PM, and NO-PIT has just been played. That'll leave IND-BUF (which I think they're scheduling), and NE-TEN (which vumpler was going to check with bons).

mr stroke

sorry on the late game guys(not normal as all my other league games were on time and early) just bad timing on this first week-Birdman got sick and my work schedule during this last week has been really shity(end of the month=10-12 hour days getting off work after 10pm)
I will be off work for a week starting friday so no troubles going forward, AirBrian can you give me and Birdman an extension until Sunday? will have game in by then no problem.

AirBrian

mr stroke said:
sorry on the late game guys(not normal as all my other league games were on time and early) just bad timing on this first week-Birdman got sick and my work schedule during this last week has been really shity(end of the month=10-12 hour days getting off work after 10pm)
I will be off work for a week starting friday so no troubles going forward, AirBrian can you give me and Birdman an extension until Sunday? will have game in by then no problem.
You two aren't playing later tonight? If not, yeah, that's fine. I know you both will get the game in. (And it's our year-end, so I completely understand the long work days!) :-(

Birdman02

Fucking, EA!!!!! My game with mr stroke dropped with 3 seconds left in the 4th....in a 3-3 game!!! I know I would've won on a hail mary!!! :D

We started a new game to decide overtime...which I won thanks to a nice little user pick to set up a game winning FG. I have no idea on the stats though...I know Gore was over 110 yards, and JTO threw 2 picks (in the fucking red zone!!!), but thats about it.

mr stroke

good game Birdman.how in hell do I miss a game winning field goal from inside the 20 :(

now EA please fix your damn servers!!!

4th quarter with 3 seconds left and the game disconects:lol
so sorry no stats, only thing I could remember were a couple ints,first downs, and the score board...

Birdman02

mr stroke said:
good game Birdman.how in hell do I miss a game winning field goal from inside the 20 :(

now EA please fix your damn servers!!!

4th quarter with 3 seconds left and the game disconects:lol
so sorry no stats, only thing I could remember were a couple ints,first downs, and the score board...

Great game, man!!! My jaw dropped when I saw that FG go wide, but it makes up for the 2 picks I threw in (or close to) the red zone!! It really sucks that we lost the stats, but it was a great game anyways. The only reason I know Gore's numbers is because they popped up on my screen at least 3-4 times. I have no idea what I would've done without The Tank tonight.

Fix your servers, EA!!!

Hey Nightz when do you want to play?

I'm free Saturday before 4:00 and I should be around Sunday

Or if you are in the Pacific time zone as leaguedaddy says I can play pretty late at night EST as I'm usually up pretty late

Nightz

BigJonsson said:
Hey Nightz when do you want to play?

I'm free Saturday before 4:00 and I should be around Sunday

Or if you are in the Pacific time zone as leaguedaddy says I can play pretty late at night EST as I'm usually up pretty late
I'm usually on every weeknight (except Fridays) after 5 pm PST. If you're available tonight, I can play anytime from 5-9 pm (8-12 EST). But if not, Saturday or Sunday night would be best.

Slo

Code:
Player	Rec	Rec Yds	Rec TD	Rec YAC	Rec Lng	Rec Avg
McDonald, Shaun (WR) 	5	154	1	56	70	[b]30.8[/b]
Johnson, Calvin (WR) 	3	88	2	58	61	[b]29.3[/b]
Smith, Kevin (RB) 	2	13	0	2	9	6.5
Williams, Roy (WR) 	2	85	0	5	53	[b]42.5[/b]
Totals:	12	340	3	121	70

Soo......play a deep Cover 3 all game then? :lol

BigAT

Bosevan, when do you want to get our game in? I have off from work so I am available anytime today.

AirBrian

Slo said:
Code:
Player	Rec	Rec Yds	Rec TD	Rec YAC	Rec Lng	Rec Avg
McDonald, Shaun (WR) 	5	154	1	56	70	[b]30.8[/b]
Johnson, Calvin (WR) 	3	88	2	58	61	[b]29.3[/b]
Smith, Kevin (RB) 	2	13	0	2	9	6.5
Williams, Roy (WR) 	2	85	0	5	53	[b]42.5[/b]
Totals:	12	340	3	121	70

Soo......play a deep Cover 3 all game then? :lol
That shit was pissing me off to no end. Blakero calls some nice routes. All 3 times CJ was wide open and I'm not sure how that happened. :-(

Thank goodness the DET D sucks and made Neckbeard look like a superstar!

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
AirBrian said:
That shit was pissing me off to no end. Blakero calls some nice routes. All 3 times CJ was wide open and I'm not sure how that happened. :-(

Thank goodness the DET D sucks and made Neckbeard look like a superstar!
wtf he scored 12TD's in one game!?

Nightz said:
I'm usually on every weeknight (except Fridays) after 5 pm PST. If you're available tonight, I can play anytime from 5-9 pm (8-12 EST). But if not, Saturday or Sunday night would be best.

I have a WoW raid until midnight eastern tonight, if you can stay up a bit later I can be on XBL at 9:05 PST

Nightz

BigJonsson said:
I have a WoW raid until midnight eastern tonight, if you can stay up a bit later I can be on XBL at 9:05 PST
That's fine. I'm still up at that time anyway. I only put 9 because that's when The Office usually shows, but apparently there's no new episode today because of debates. See you tonight.

Top Bottom