• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2.5 Thread: RROD SCARE US!!

AirBrian

Slo said:
Not to step on AB's toes, but I think if you two can get together on Tues or Wed, we shouldn't bother subbing for him. If AB says otherwise, just post here and he, I, or daw can grant the sub access.
No, I agree, Slo. Tuesday isn't really pushing it assuming they actually play. I'd rather him play his team and miss the deadline by 1 day than have subs for him.

Sable on the other hand is out until the 17th (I think), so yeah, subs are need for his first few games.

LJ11

This game is a piece of shit, froze at the end of the game, so there's no way for me to enter stats. What should we do?

God I got screwed in that game against Matt. 4th and goal from the 4 and he gets brave, goes for it, game was tied. Stopped him cold. Decided to run out of my end, had to pass when I was around my 25, dude hit my QB...fumble. Fucking Pats, they cause turnovers all the time.

Also had a turnover on a KR. Hit the dive button instead of stiff arm, no one around my guy and he still lost the ball.

daw840

LJ11 said:
This game is a piece of shit, froze at the end of the game, so there's no way for me to enter stats. What should we do?

God I got screwed in that game against Matt. 4th and goal from the 4 and he gets brave, goes for it, game was tied. Stopped him cold. Decided to run out of my end, had to pass when I was around my 25, dude hit my QB...fumble. Fucking Pats, they cause turnovers all the time.

Also had a turnover on a KR. Hit the dive button instead of stiff arm, no one around my guy and he still lost the ball.

Did it freeze on him too? Because he could enter both teams stats.

daw840

LJ11 said:
Yeah, when it freezes for one player, it freezes for the other as well.

Oh, I thought maybe it froze when you were navigating the stat menus. Just enter what you remember I guess.

AirBrian

gg, mr stroke. I got hella lucky on a couple of Neckbeard passes that should've been either incomplete or picked off. Not sure when he became so accurate, but I'll take it! Your run defense shut down Forte for the most part too. I had one or two runs to the outside that caught you blitzing, but other than that, I couldn't do crap up the middle.

AirBrian

There are only 4 games that need to get played by tomorrow night (well, technically 3 since bons is going to be back on Tuesday and has an extension. Birdman is looking for a sub, so if no one volunteers I'll gladly sub for sable. And I have no doubts Slo and Blakero will get their game in.

Good job this week, guys! I was going to do power rankings this week, but after only 1 game it's pretty tough. Power rankings will go up weekly from now on. :)

Slo

AirBrian said:
. And I have no doubts Slo and Blakero will get their game in.

Don't be so sure about me. I've made 2-3 posts in this thread for karishbhr and sent him one XBL message. No response so far. I'll be at the bar tonight watching the Vikes game, so who knows when/if/probably never my game will get done.

bosevan

Hey guys I was out of town for about three days and honestly, I forgot about posting. I know a sin, but I'm back and once again my tag has changed.
I couldn't get farnsworth to work so my new one is ArmchairEvan.

AirBrian

bosevan said:
Hey guys I was out of town for about three days and honestly, I forgot about posting. I know a sin, but I'm back and once again my tag has changed.
OK, I'll update the OP when I get home from work. So I'm assuming you're going to get both your games in the next couple of days? :D

Somnia

Nightz when do you want to get our Week 3 game in? I'm available tonight...and anytime tomorrow (though I have to play my week 7 game in the ps3 league also tomorrow) so just let me know.

AirBrian

I've gotten a couple complaints about some of the rules, so it's time for a quick refresher...

1) Please do NOT abuse one play over and over, especially the FB dive play. Do NOT run this play every time you're 3rd and short, especially on one drive. Mix it up, people! The FB dive play gets special attention because it can be very difficult to stop. I don't want to add another rule but if I get any more complaints about abuse, we'll do something about it.

2) The winner of the game is responsible for the team stats. Everyone is responsible for their own player stats.

Nightz

Somnia said:
Nightz when do you want to get our Week 3 game in? I'm available tonight...and anytime tomorrow (though I have to play my week 7 game in the ps3 league also tomorrow) so just let me know.
Not sure about tonight...I'm watching Heroes right now and I have some stuff to do afterwards. My schedule is pretty busy tomorrow as well, but I may have some time to get a game in at night.

But yeah, what time do you usually go to bed? If you're still up later tonight, I'll try to get on to play. If not, tomorrow or Wednesday might be our best bet.

Somnia

Nightz said:
Not sure about tonight...I'm watching Heroes right now and I have some stuff to do afterwards. My schedule is pretty busy tomorrow as well, but I may have some time to get a game in at night.

But yeah, what time do you usually go to bed? If you're still up later tonight, I'll try to get on to play. If not, tomorrow or Wednesday might be our best bet.

I'll be up pretty late...just PM me if you can tonight (I'll do my best to check regularly)...if not tonight/tomorrow my schedule...Weds anytime after 6PM CST, thurs anytime after 10pm cst, friday anytime after 10pm cst, saturday anytime after 6pm cst...Shitty schedule since I go on vacation as of Sunday so I'm working long shifts to make up for everyone else working a ton while I'm gone (not going anywhere just taking time off).

BigAT

bosevan said:

Think you'll be around to get our game in tonight? I get home from work at like 5 PM EST and I'll be available whenever after that.

Slo

AirBrian, when works for you? I know for sure Thursday doesn't work for me. Otherwise, things work out best sometime between 6-9 Central for me, but I can be flexible.

Also, anybody know the deal with Karishbhr? Anyone want to sub for him?

AirBrian

Slo said:
AirBrian, when works for you? I know for sure Thursday doesn't work for me. Otherwise, things work out best sometime between 6-9 Central for me, but I can be flexible.

Also, anybody know the deal with Karishbhr? Anyone want to sub for him?
Tonight would work, but I'm not sure when just yet. Tomorrow night will not work for sure unless it's very late (like 11 PMish). This is my nasty week of the month at work, so that's why it's so uncertain. Anytime on Saturday would also work, except during the Texas-OU game (it's at 11 AM).

I'll probably just have to catch you on AIM this week. :-(

bosevan

BigAT said:
Think you'll be around to get our game in tonight? I get home from work at like 5 PM EST and I'll be available whenever after that.

Sorry, I got two big papers due today that I was working on not sure when ill be available today, but should be tomorrow. Vumpler can sub for me if you would like to get it in.

Nightz

Somnia said:
I'll be up pretty late...just PM me if you can tonight (I'll do my best to check regularly)...if not tonight/tomorrow my schedule...Weds anytime after 6PM CST, thurs anytime after 10pm cst, friday anytime after 10pm cst, saturday anytime after 6pm cst...Shitty schedule since I go on vacation as of Sunday so I'm working long shifts to make up for everyone else working a ton while I'm gone (not going anywhere just taking time off).
Cool...I'll try to catch you tonight if I can, but if not, your schedule for the rest of the week is pretty much the same as mine, so we should have no problems getting our game in.

Slo

AirBrian said:
Tonight would work, but I'm not sure when just yet. Tomorrow night will not work for sure unless it's very late (like 11 PMish). This is my nasty week of the month at work, so that's why it's so uncertain. Anytime on Saturday would also work, except during the Texas-OU game (it's at 11 AM).

I'll probably just have to catch you on AIM this week. :-(

Let me know if you're available tonight. I'll be busy in spurts because I'll be watching my kids, but it may work out.

LJ11

2 FB dives and a QB sneak on the first drive, is QB sneak even allowed? It's only the second quarter to boot.

He's (TVC) playing Dime exclusively...lol

Slo

LJ11 said:
2 FB dives and a QB sneak on the first drive, is QB sneak even allowed? It's only the second quarter to boot.

He's (TVC) playing Dime exclusively...lol

:lol Who's this? :lol

Slo

Yeah, so XBL shows that karishbrh/On The Rochks was playing NCAA 21 hours ago, but couldn't find time to respond to my message about our game. I think we need a sub.

Slo

That was an ugly game AB. Sorry about the last few minutes, I couldn't tell if you just wanted me to run out the clock or not.

Good game.

AirBrian

Slo said:
That was an ugly game AB. Sorry about the last few minutes, I couldn't tell if you just wanted me to run out the clock or not.

Good game.
Yeah, it was actually a pretty good game. We both made some mistakes and capitalized on them, well, more you than me. Neckbeard had his first ugly game of the season. :-( Anyhow, your D is pretty damn good.

On that punt return, were you trying to call a fair catch? I was surprised when I just had a free shot on you.

And AD pisses me off. I thought the D did pretty good on him except for two nice huge runs. His little jukes and side-steps are nasty!

Good game!

AirBrian

woodchuck said:
so yeah, anyone want to sub for Sableholic till he gets back?
I'm about to watch the Shield, but after that I'll be around to sub if you're still up for it. Should be somewhere around 10:45 or so?

Slo

AirBrian said:
Yeah, it was actually a pretty good game. We both made some mistakes and capitalized on them, well, more you than me. Neckbeard had his first ugly game of the season. :-( Anyhow, your D is pretty damn good.

On that punt return, were you trying to call a fair catch? I was surprised when I just had a free shot on you.

And AD pisses me off. I thought the D did pretty good on him except for two nice huge runs. His little jukes and side-steps are nasty!

Good game!

I just assumed that I'd already pressed the fair catch button. I was as surprised as you were! :lol

woodchuck

AirBrian said:
I'm about to watch the Shield, but after that I'll be around to sub if you're still up for it. Should be somewhere around 10:45 or so?

may not be able to do tonight.

any way you can play tomorrow night?

AirBrian

woodchuck said:
may not be able to do tonight.

any way you can play tomorrow night?
Can't tomorrow. I can this weekend though if no one else can. Or you can wait for sable -- I think he should be back soon...

I'm back in the game, ladies. It's Cassell time!!!

cassel_pats.jpg

daw840 said:
Is this what took you away from us?

Nope. That was actually a joke.

ProTip to all: Don't comment on mods, even in a thread started by Denis Dyack specifically about the mods that was allowed to stay open for days.

Top Bottom