• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2* Thread: RROD Don't Scare Us!

How do you want the league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rorschach

woodchuck said:
dude, J-Russ can throw 70 yards from his knees. if that's not cheesing, i don't know what is
:lol I can't believe Brady has a bigger arm in this game. :( Brady has a stronger arm than Brett Favre in this game. It's ricockulous!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
How many more players are left to pick a team? Hurry it up you bastards.

And yes, the Jets are abominable, I can attest to that.

AirBrian

Updated. 8 spots left...is anyone missing that said they were going to be in the 360 league too?

Also, Hunter D and Gowans007, pick a team! :)

I'll take the Jaguars if they are still available. I wiill drop out of the PS3 league because I'd rather not have to own 2 copies of the game.

LiveWire

Well my 360 RRODd this past weekend after I moved to a new place. I should probably have it back in time for the league but in case I don't I will forfet my place in the league if there are others looking to join and the league is full.

SickBoy

daw840 said:
Aren't you a Bengals fan?

No, I'm not a Bengals fan. I used the Bengals last time around (season 1 of '08) because they were available and I don't consider them wholly repellant :)

I should reconsider the Cards, though, 'cause theoretically that means two games against the Seahawks, who I do consider wholly repellant.

I'd love to be in this....don't really like any of the teams left so I'll rank them in the order that I want them

Bengals
Ravens
Seahawks
Rams
Packers
Lions
Raiders
Jets
Texans

XBL = BigJonsson25

mr stroke

If there are any slots left I am in.

Packers or Raiders would be great if they are left, or any of the remaining teams would do.

Rorschach

mr stroke said:
so how does EA do this? DLC for Favre?
He's already in the game as a "legend". Also, the 07 Packers are selectable as a team. If he does come back, all they would have to do is adjust the roster and insert him.

Think the league will fill up before Madden arrives? I played my last game of Madden 08 last night. Felt good to go out on a big winning streak :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
MWS Natural said:
Think the league will fill up before Madden arrives? I played my last game of Madden 08 last night. Felt good to go out on a big winning streak :D
Hey I'd be willing to play you if you want. Unretire 08!

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
From the other league, I've seen righty play his games on time etc. Seems like a nice addition.

woodchuck

so anyone know if madden will have the home crowd stuff like ncaa? i thought this year home crowd actually mattered in ncaa.

but i hope theres no icing the kicker online.

daw840

woodchuck said:
so anyone know if madden will have the home crowd stuff like ncaa? i thought this year home crowd actually mattered in ncaa.

but i hope theres no icing the kicker online.

I played a NCAA game with Righty up there and the icing the kicker feature did not seem to work.

daw840

CB3 said:
i dont think so

Huh....I called a timeout before both of Righty's FGs but he said it didn't do anything. I wonder if it was because I was getting blown out at the time:lol

critch

Banned
So, uh, I'd like to get in but I haven't been in one of these leagues before, nor have I played Madden a whole bunch... Is that okay or no?

If good, I'll take the Packers.

AirBrian

critch said:
So, uh, I'd like to get in but I haven't been in one of these leagues before, nor have I played Madden a whole bunch... Is that okay or no?

If good, I'll take the Packers.
That's no problem at all. But just keep in mind that we're committed to playing our games in a timely manner and in a fairly sim way. Read the OP and the rules. Also note that communication is pivotal for a successful league. Once it gets closer, we'll start posting XBL and AIM names, and just be sure to check the thread regularly. Everyone has a life outside of GAF and Madden, but if you have something going on that will put you out of commission for several consecutive days, just let us know. Communication > MIA. So basically, just don't cheese it up and don't quit on the league, and you're golden. :)

And I look forward to playing you twice this year!

critch

Banned
AirBrian said:
That's no problem at all. But just keep in mind that we're committed to playing our games in a timely manner and in a fairly sim way. Read the OP and the rules. Also note that communication is pivotal for a successful league. Once it gets closer, we'll start posting XBL and AIM names, and just be sure to check the thread regularly. Everyone has a life outside of GAF and Madden, but if you have something going on that will put you out of commission for several consecutive days, just let us know. Communication > MIA. So basically, just don't cheese it up and don't quit on the league, and you're golden. :)

And I look forward to playing you twice this year!

Gotcha. This'll finally give me an excuse to learn to play it :) I'm in like Flynn...in TRON 2!

Gowans

AirBrian said:
Gowans and Hunter, pick a team!

Jets
Lions
Ravens
Seahawks

I'd pick erm SeaHawks but the game isn't out in the UK till 15th August if that screws with anything.

This will be my first Madden guys :lol

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
daw840 said:
Huh....I called a timeout before both of Righty's FGs but he said it didn't do anything. I wonder if it was because I was getting blown out at the time:lol
yup you're exactly right. You can only do it at the end of the half, or within 2 minutes of the game. (I think its 2 minutes.)

AirBrian

Gowans007 said:
I'd pick erm SeaHawks but the game isn't out in the UK till 15th August if that screws with anything.

This will be my first Madden guys :lol
No worries, Gowans!

And it comes out the 12th here, so that should be fine too.

Hunter D, YOU ARE ON THE CLOCK!

Top Bottom