• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2* Thread: RROD Don't Scare Us!

How do you want the league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

daw840

This is kind of an off-topic question. I started a College All-Star QB in NCAA 09. Will I be able to move him into Madden?

Birdman02

pheeniks said:
i can't believe i'm going in with the LOLphins

Hey, the Dolphins won the final (strike-shortened) season of Madden 08! :D Of course, you've lost the only two defensive weapons I had with them last year.

nah, I am a loyal fan. I will stick with them!

I was also wondering if there's a rule for 4th and inches. I know that QB sneak/HB dive in those situations basically 100% of the time (which is total pony shit IMO) so do we have a rule about that? like maybe saying in the first half, no going for it unless you're already down by a lot or in opponent territory?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Shit, I completely missed this thread. I'm not seeing the Steelers on the list from the first post but they aren't on the list of teams available, so maybe I'm missing something. If there's still a spot, I'll take the Jets (Fuck it! I'm not going Ravens!). If there's not another spot, I'm sure you can imagine I'll be completely torn up about not being able to play as the Jets.

AirBrian

Archaix said:
Shit, I completely missed this thread. I'm not seeing the Steelers on the list from the first post but they aren't on the list of teams available, so maybe I'm missing something. If there's still a spot, I'll take the Jets (Fuck it! I'm not going Ravens!). If there's not another spot, I'm sure you can imagine I'll be completely torn up about not being able to play as the Jets.
Yeah, critch asked for the Packers but someone already got them. I've sent a PM to him so see what team he wants, so if he wants the Jets instead of the Steelers, they're all yours.

And pheeniks, I'll try to find the 4th down rules from last year and we can talk about them before the league starts. Might have to do a vote too.

Striker

I don't think I am going to participate early on in the Madden League this year. I currently have a troubled time getting my games in on time and smoothly with NCAA. Madden would be worse. Lot of work derails these chances.

If you guys do more than one season, which I'm sure will happen, I'll hop in later.

mr stroke

pheeniks said:
nah, I am a loyal fan. I will stick with them!

I was also wondering if there's a rule for 4th and inches. I know that QB sneak/HB dive in those situations basically 100% of the time (which is total pony shit IMO) so do we have a rule about that? like maybe saying in the first half, no going for it unless you're already down by a lot or in opponent territory?
good question, BUT 100% is way off. I would say 60-70% of the time those 4th and shorts end up working. I have gottin burned myself on those and burned others trying to go for it on 4th and inches on there own 30:lol

woodchuck

i think we should ban 4th and 1 in your own half if....

1) it's not the 4th quarter
2) the game is tied
3) or your team is in the lead

we can call it the Barry Switzer rule

daw840

woodchuck said:
that's pretty lame that the guy got banned. so what if he was trolling a meaningless box office thread. who the fuck cares. it's not like he does this in every thread.

amirox is a terrible mod.

LOL, don't mess with the bull if you can't take the horns!!!!!

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
woodchuck said:
i think we should ban 4th and 1 in your own half if....

1) it's not the 4th quarter
2) the game is tied
3) or your team is in the lead

we can call it the Barry Switzer rule

I agree. 4th and inches would be a decent debate though. That's just a risky, ballsy call by the offensive coordinator. I think it should be allowed anywhere. If you do it in your own territory and don't get it, you literally just gave points away.

vumpler said:
I agree. 4th and inches would be a decent debate though. That's just a risky, ballsy call by the offensive coordinator. I think it should be allowed anywhere. If you do it in your own territory and don't get it, you literally just gave points away.

It's a ballsy call by the O-coordinator in RL. But seriously, I'm not going to lie, 100% of the time it gets converted. Unless there is a play designed to stop it? Shit I could do FG block or just about anything in goal line, and nothing ever happens. There's always this unrealistic gap made by the O-line, you can tell, cause the QB always gets past the first down marker standing upright, and not shoving his way through as he should.

vumpler

pheeniks said:
It's a ballsy call by the O-coordinator in RL. But seriously, I'm not going to lie, 100% of the time it gets converted. Unless there is a play designed to stop it? Shit I could do FG block or just about anything in goal line, and nothing ever happens. There's always this unrealistic gap made by the O-line, you can tell, cause the QB always gets past the first down marker standing upright, and not shoving his way through as he should.
I never had a problem stopping it with the panthers. Also in NCAA i've been able to stop it every time as well. Pick anything in goal line hit LB down Left Stick, LB down Right Stick, RB down Left Stick, RB down Right stick, Y left Left Stick.

AirBrian

Striker said:
I don't think I am going to participate early on in the Madden League this year. I currently have a troubled time getting my games in on time and smoothly with NCAA. Madden would be worse. Lot of work derails these chances.

If you guys do more than one season, which I'm sure will happen, I'll hop in later.

That sucks. :-( Well, if there's a second season, the Giants are yours!

AirBrian

Archaix said:
Steelers are yours.

daw840

Rorschach said:
I hope this league fills up before I'm tempted to join. >:| At least the Raiders are now gone...that helps!

Oh c'mon... just join....you know you wanna!

Side Note: I just read an article in Maxim about "Anonymous" and they said that a poster that goes by the name Rorschach is one of their "leaders." Hmmmmmm, is this you?

AirBrian

Wellie, you want the Giants instead of the Rams? They're the last team open because Striker had to pass on the first season this year.

Any other Giants' fans here?

Karish

FUCK. Beaten

Please put me on the list as first replacement in case anyone drops out. I want the Lions if for some reason they become available... but I'll take whatever I can get.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
AirBrian said:
They're yours!

C'mon, Rors, take the Giants! :D
Cool. I'm not actually good at Madden, but this should be fun. Kyle Boller will be unleashed upon GAF with little regard for human life.

AirBrian

Blakero said:
FUCK. Beaten

Please put me on the list as first replacement in case anyone drops out. I want the Lions if for some reason they become available... but I'll take whatever I can get.
You sir, are sub/replacement #1.

Somnia

vumpler said:
For those of you that don't check the madden topic in General Discussion:

It looks siiiiick! :D

It's been a few years since I've played Madden seriously so I may suck at the first part of the season (maybe all of it :D ), but god this has got me hyped to get back into it for real :lol

vumpler

Somnia said:
It's been a few years since I've played Madden seriously so I may suck at the first part of the season (maybe all of it :D ), but god this has got me hyped to get back into it for real :lol
Yeah, deep down my 2 biggest wants have been drop in passes and full twitch control of the ball carrier. Welcome vump to madden 09! I'm excited :D

Rorschach

Nice that they brought back extending routes.

To be honest, passing looks way overpowered. Like usual, they went completely the other way instead of balancing the spider-sense dbs. :( Bengals will be unstoppable.

Speaking of which, people who didn't know the Bengals were even on the table (since they weren't before) might want to trade teams? Particularly, the following:

29. Righty10 - Raiders
13. BigJonsson- Rams
25. MWS Natural - Jaguars
27. mr stroke - Packers
32. Rodeo Clown - Ravens

Let me know.

Birdman02

Rorschach said:
Nice that they brought back extending routes.

To be honest, passing looks way overpowered. Like usual, they went completely the other way instead of balancing the spider-sense dbs. :( Bengals will be unstoppable.

Speaking of which, people who didn't know the Bengals were even on the table (since they weren't before) might want to trade teams? Particularly, the following:

29. Righty10 - Raiders
13. BigJonsson- Rams
25. MWS Natural - Jaguars
27. mr stroke - Packers
32. Rodeo Clown - Ravens

Let me know.

I think someone has Raiders envy!!!!!

vumpler

MWS Natural said:
Seems like there will be a good number of casual players in the league...I hope they make it through the entire season :lol
Rors isn't casual :D He's been around foreverrrrr.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Actually, I figured Ror would just get the Raiders. Damn the Trade!

Ror=Raaaaaaiders
CK=Giants
FMT=LOOOOOOSERRRRS

Rorschach

:lol What a coincidence! It was meant to beeeeeeeee!

MWS Natural said:
No I wasn't referring to you I was speaking in regards to the first-timers.
Oh, I see. I thought you were talking about those of us who just plain suck. :'(

Top Bottom