• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBOX 360 Madden 2009 Season 2* Thread: RROD Don't Scare Us!

How do you want the league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

daw840

Rorschach said:
:lol What a coincidence! It was meant to beeeeeeeee!

Oh, I see. I thought you were talking about those of us who just plain suck. :'(

Yeah, sure....."Mr. I was in the GAF superbowl last year".......I suck wah wah wah wah wah!:lol

0-16 MY ASS

Rorschach

daw840 said:
Yeah, sure....."Mr. I was in the GAF superbowl last year".......I suck wah wah wah wah wah!:lol

0-16 MY ASS
I dunno...if the demo is any indication, then this game is completely offense and pass oriented. I just gave away one of the best passing teams in the league. >< WRs that have breakaway speed and route running are gonna dominate the league.

Raiders have shit receivers with shit speed (in the game). :\

daw840

Rorschach said:
I dunno...if the demo is any indication, then this game is completely offense and pass oriented. I just gave away one of the best passing teams in the league. >< WRs that have breakaway speed and route running are gonna dominate the league.

Raiders have shit receivers with shit speed (in the game). :\

Hey, I am playing as the Chiefs. Hopefully Dwayne Bowe is a superstar, but methinks my line won't hold up long enough for him to even run a route:lol

Rorschach

daw840 said:
Hey, I am playing as the Chiefs. Hopefully Dwayne Bowe is a superstar, but methinks my line won't hold up long enough for him to even run a route:lol
Yeah, I hear ya. My oline will suck too. Bowe's a stud this year, though...and of course, you have Gonzalez. We're in the same boat...probably gonna get owned by SD. :|

Actually, maybe not. If there's no divisions, I don't see why we need to play the same team twice. >:|

daw840

Rorschach said:
Yeah, I hear ya. My oline will suck too. Bowe's a stud this year, though...and of course, you have Gonzalez. We're in the same boat...probably gonna get owned by SD. :|

Actually, maybe not. If there's no divisions, I don't see why we need to play the same team twice. >:|

What, no divisions? I don't like that idea.

Rorschach

daw840 said:
What, no divisions? I don't like that idea.
Well, we could probably make custom ones if schedules are fully flexible, but word from the press is that there are no divisions (just ranks from 1-32).

AirBrian

The graphics sure are purty!

The speed of the game certainly feels slower, but it's so damn smooth now. Also, passing looks a tad over-powered in the actual one-minute playtime demo.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
AirBrian said:

The speed of the game certainly feels slower, but it's so damn smooth now. Also, passing looks a tad over-powered in the actual one-minute playtime demo.
I didn't even get a minute out of it; I scored a touchdown on a deep post to Burris on the first play.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
AirBrian said:

Does it? Holy shit its hard to me. That camera almost makes me nauseous. Thats going to take FOREVER to get used to. Everyone looks 3 miles away, and i'm playing on a 108" DLP Projector!

AirBrian

Rodeo Clown said:
I didn't even get a minute out of it; I scored a touchdown on a deep post to Burris on the first play.
Nice. I didn't score on the first challenge try, but on the third attempt I scored on the first play on a slant to Shockey.

vumpler said:
Does it? Holy shit its hard to me. That camera almost makes me nauseous. Thats going to take FOREVER to get used to. Everyone looks 3 miles away, and i'm playing on a 108" DLP Projector!
If it was man coverage, it was completed practically every time. Zone D though was challenging. I threw a couple of picks where the defender was running one way, but his arms went back the other way to intercept the ball. Looks like that animation is still in there. :| I'm also curious to see if the LBs can jump 10 feet in the air too.

And speaking of the camera, when I was running up the sideline with Shockey and was getting closer to the end-zone, it went into a Bourne-style shakey cam. Yeah, that was distracting.

Rorschach

AirBrian said:
And speaking of the camera, when I was running up the sideline with Shockey and was getting closer to the end-zone, it went into a Bourne-style shakey cam. Yeah, that was distracting.
That cam only happens when you have broken away from most of the defenders.

AirBrian said:
And did anyone else fail miserable at the defensive IQ sections? :lol

:-(
Like I said in the other thread, I think it's impossible to score too high in the pass defense test. Whoever you're guarding, the AI will not throw to you and if it's a slant or a hook route on the other end, the CB will be waaaay out of position by the time you switch to him, anyway. Not to mention the stupid slow motion thing that throws off your rythm.

I did ok in the tackle one, though. The pass/rush ones are ridiculously easy.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
AirBrian said:
And did anyone else fail miserable at the defensive IQ sections? :lol

:-(
Yes. I scored All-Madden on the two offense ones, though, which won't really help me playing as the Ravens.

Rorschach said:
That cam only happens when you have broken away from most of the defenders.

Like I said in the other thread, I think it's impossible to score too high in the pass defense test. Whoever you're guarding, the AI will not throw to you and if it's a slant or a hook route on the other end, the CB will be waaaay out of position by the time you switch to him, anyway. Not to mention the stupid slow motion thing that throws off your rythm.

I did ok in the tackle one, though. The pass/rush ones are ridiculously easy.

I agree, I couldn't get any higher than the top All-Pro rating. Going to have to keep practicing so I can get All-Madden IQ on everything once the game drops.

The passing is pretty ridiculous, there are WAY too many money routes. I would avg 300+yds last year, this year it will prob be 400 something if they demo is any indication.

That honestly kind of makes me not want the game, to be honest...I hate to say it cause I'm kind of on a tighter budget now and if games like Fifa and NHL are going to kick ass then I wouldn't ever want to make time for a cheeseesque game.

but who the hell am i kiddin :(

AirBrian

pheeniks said:
That honestly kind of makes me not want the game, to be honest...I hate to say it cause I'm kind of on a tighter budget now and if games like Fifa and NHL are going to kick ass then I wouldn't ever want to make time for a cheeseesque game.

but who the hell am i kiddin :(
Ricky Williams would be very upset if you bailed on him!

Rorschach

BigJonsson said:
Haha......it all comes down to the skill of the player though, riiiight?
Well of course, but I was just commenting on the thought of one team being an upgrade over the other. :p And it does all come down to player skill, but the team you pick will decide how much hardship and frustration you will go through. :p

If the demo is any indication, a team with 2 95+ receivers like the Bengals is gonna do some real damage.

That said, Rams are a fine team and having Jackson is no small thing.

Rorschach said:
Hate the demo. Think I might hate the game. :\
I hated the game last year from Day 1 until about 2months ago. This one might actually grow on me, well until the usual major exploit/glitch is found.

AirBrian

MWS Natural said:
I hated the game last year from Day 1 until about 2months ago. This one might actually grow on me, well until the usual major exploit/glitch is found.
...in which we will immediately ban like last years' DE trick. :)

Rorschach

vumpler said:
Off the top of my head...

Speed of the game - game seems slower overall. I think I can get used to it like I did in 07, but it's gonna take quite some time. I really don't like it at the moment.

Responsiveness - it seems less responsive because of the lengthier animations in certain spots. Mostly WR and QB.

Passing difficulty - "harder" difficulty amounts to your receivers just dropping a crapload of passes. The AI remains retarded in man coverage and receivers like Plaxico are untouchable. Certain routes work every time.

Button arrangement - I dislike the changes made and you can't even edit them in retail

Running game - I don't know. Just feels off to me, but I'll chalk it up to the teams in the field demo. The IQ test does a better job showcasing the actual moves. There are some moves I can't do on the field with ward/jacobs that are in the IQ test.

Post tackle moves - As shown in that Portis video. How can Portis just shake off a DT with one arm? Dude is tiny. The whole concept of "I mashed better than you" seems too arcadey. The teflon coated WRs are annoying too.

Invisible walls - http://i36.tinypic.com/206jupg.gif

WR animations - If I throw a ball straight right at your gut, I don't need you to spin in the fucking air for no reason as if I threw it 2 yards behind you. Also, momentum always carries them outside for no reason.

NO MAN LOCK - It seems stupid to me that you add on-the-fly substitution so that you can place your WRs anywhere at any time, but you don't add manlock to counter that. WTF are they thinking?

i'm going to have to agree with everything above me, unfortunately

i think the game looks beautiful and i like the flow..but ultimately i dont know if these troubles are worth it. ill see and play the game fully before final adjustments, though

SickBoy

Pinch in the defensive ends in a 3-4 for massive damage.

EDIT: As for the demo it seems alright. I've got the game preordered... I have to give it some thought, though. I was so unimpressed with last year's game overall, that I am a little gunshy here.

Top Bottom