• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NBA 2k6 Season I Thread: Konex is my Kopilot.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fucking lovely,just lost to fifty all thanks to Yao getting hurt with a strained MCL...fuck! and he was dominating >_<

GG Fifty,had no answer for Jarvin Hayes :|

Ps....Its too easy to steal inbound passes in this game and its starting to border on being cheap :\ Thats just my opinion on them.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Matrix said:
Fucking lovely,just lost to fifty all thanks to Yao getting hurt with a strained MCL...fuck! and he was dominating >_<

GG Fifty,had no answer for Jarvin Hayes :|

Ps....Its too easy to steal inbound passes in this game and its starting to border on being cheap :\ Thats just my opinion on them.

It is if you just have your PG standing in 1 place. I learned if you move at a angle, it's easier to inbound. If your defender is in between you and the pg, switch over and inbound it to the SG. If all else fails, call a TO and pass it in quick before the defense sets back up. The CPU is really cheap doing that. I practice doing it but if I miss, it's a easy score on the other end.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
jobber said:
It is if you just have your PG standing in 1 place. I learned if you move at a angle, it's easier to inbound. If your defender is in between you and the pg, switch over and inbound it to the SG. If all else fails, call a TO and pass it in quick before the defense sets back up. The CPU is really cheap doing that. I practice doing it but if I miss, it's a easy score on the other end.

I always have my PG moving but if the person playing manually is good enough they can simply press up with the analog stick and swipe the ball as the pass is in mid air to either pg or sg.I do everything you suggested above,I might just have to switch my camera angle because it seems I cant see my opponents player half the time when this happens and its like they pop out of mid air.

I'm sure its the camera angle,but I like the default cause I really dont like the rest.I had a camera view I liked on the xbox version but they changed it on the 360 and even when I zoom in closer to the court its still too high for my liking.

I'm going to have to do some crazy testing with camera's online the next time I play,but the amount of times im picked off passing inbounds is getting on my nerves.

jobber

Matrix said:
I always have my PG moving but if the person playing manually is good enough they can simply press up with the analog stick and swipe the ball as the pass is in mid air to either pg or sg.I do everything you suggested above,I might just have to switch my camera angle because it seems I cant see my opponents player half the time when this happens and its like they pop out of mid air.

I'm sure its the camera angle,but I like the default cause I really dont like the rest.I had a camera view I liked on the xbox version but they changed it on the 360 and even when I zoom in closer to the court its still too high for my liking.

I'm going to have to do some crazy testing with camera's online the next time I play,but the amount of times im picked off passing inbounds is getting on my nerves.

When in doubt, make your PG run in circles! It might just work. I wouldn't call it cheese if someone keeps doing the same crap over and over to you. You have to do what you have to do to make a pass inbound.

Matrix

jobber said:
When in doubt, make your PG run in circles! It might just work. I wouldn't call it cheese if someone keeps doing the same crap over and over to you. You have to do what you have to do to make a pass inbound.

Ok let me correct myself its not cheese since it takes skillz to do it a ton,but it just annoys me a lot...that better?

I'm just venting in general,small things in the game annoy me but at whole it plays a great bball game.

Losing Yao in the game who was dominating also made me annoyed,it was another close game that I lost and its taking a toll...id rather be blown out :lol

Fifty

I do it a lot, so I'm not the best person to say this, but it can easily be avoided. Just by switching to the SG or moving closer to your inbounder. The only time I get them (since I rely on my steals......sorry cold, I was reaching too much last game, I was just lazy and tired) is when someone passes quickly and doesn't notice arenas (at least it seems that way)

edit: if you know all this matrix, and you're just venting, I understand. :( I would be on suicide watch if I went to 0-4, so at least you saved my life.

Matrix

Fifty said:
I do it a lot, so I'm not the best person to say this, but it can easily be avoided. Just by switching to the SG or moving closer to your inbounder. The only time I get them (since I rely on my steals......sorry cold, I was reaching too much last game, I was just lazy and tired) is when someone passes quickly and doesn't notice arenas (at least it seems that way)

edit: if you know all this matrix, and you're just venting, I understand. :( I would be on suicide watch if I went to 0-4, so at least you saved my life.

I am just venting,but I have to admit I really dont see Arenas sometimes and I believe thats that fault of the camera angle like I said above.Sometimes I have no problems seeing him and I either pass it off to Wesley or Alston takes the ball closer inbounds,you have played me enough to know I do that.

I'm glad you got your first win,wish you had blown me out.I just wonder how the rest of the game would have played out had I had Yao for the rest of the 3rd and the whole 4th.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Its aight Matrix! Your not alone! I feel like im just controling KG when i play and everyone else on my team is just there to fuck things up (See marco jaric and Wally Especially)I got rid of marco, hopefully when wally is gone my line up will be strong enough and they can hit a couple 3's...

Edit: And i dominated fifty in the first half also :lol :lol :lol Safe to say that didnt continue over into the second half

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm finally home from Christmas holidays at the in-laws (snore) and I will be available to play some games this week.

CB3

First win is the hardest! Me and FMT fought back and forth, but a strong showing by KG led me to victory. Im going the rest of the way undefeated, you heard it here first!

basket7xb.jpg

stepgarn6np.jpg

mobley won't shoot 1/9 again! it just wasn't his time to shine.

i'm also changing my lineup. that alien piece of shit cassell is going to come off the bench now, jaric starting!

AkaBalla

I changed my lineup as well..

Banks
Pierce
Piatowski
Jefferson
Blount

Bench players who were starters

Dickau
Davis
Lafrentz

guys, one thing i'm going to say right now and i'll only say it once (as well as post it on the mainpage):

don't run the score up. if you're up by double digits with a minute left, let the playclock run down or let your opponent intentionally foul you or whatever. don't be chucking up 3's with 20 on the shotclock or anything like that. you've already won the game, have some class and take your win. running up the score is a bush league move to get you more stats. don't do it.

jobber

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys, one thing i'm going to say right now and i'll only say it once (as well as post it on the mainpage):

don't run the score up. if you're up by double digits with a minute left, let the playclock run down or let your opponent intentionally foul you or whatever. don't be chucking up 3's with 20 on the shotclock or anything like that. you've already won the game, have some class and take your win. running up the score is a bush league move to get you more stats. don't do it.

If anyone is up by 15+ on me with 2:00 left, keep trying to score. If you blow me out, eh I don't care. Of course, if it's ok with the 3 headed monster.

Fifty

It's pretty obvious jobber is the main one doesn't this. If you're up by 20 (not an exact number, but common sense dictates when you should stop) don't take 3's early in the shot clock and run the score up.

AkaBalla

I use this in my other ps2 league i run.

Mercy Rule: If at anytime a team gets ahead of another team by 35 points, at that point the winning team is expected to play ball control and slow the game down. Run the clock down & consider letting some of your bench players get in the game.
If at anytime the losing team scores, than you can bring the game back up to the 35 point margin.

If a team is clearly beaten, and the winning team continues to run up the score, they will be warned for unsportsmanlike play. The first violation results in a 1 game suspension. Next violation results in 2 game suspensions. Any additional violations warrants removal from the league.

No team enjoys losing, but we will all experience a loss at one point or another. Just keep the scores respectable. 120-70 isn't acceptable and it makes a mockery of the CSL. Respect the other owners, and realize some teams do not have the talent regardless of how much you really could score.

Matrix

I demand we have a rule against me losing games by 3 pts or less...I DONT WANT TO BE ON THE LOSING END OF THOSE GAMES,case closed!

jobber

Matrix said:
I demand we have a rule against me losing games by 3 pts or less...I DONT WANT TO BE ON THE LOSING END OF THOSE GAMES,case closed!
:lol

But about the other matter....

http://online.2ksports.com/league/game?p=360&l=1276&g=114140

look how many 3's I made! 3 and only 1 came in the 4th quarter and it was to stop a 14 point run! I even called time out with over a minute left to let the CPU take the starters out.
I was up on Malley by 17 in the 2nd and he came all the way back to take the lead in the 3rd.

I'm not sure how I can't go for a shot if my PG is being doubled and my SG is wide open. I also don't want to keep running around with the PG to stop a double team because that violates rule 1. o_O If I pass it to my 4 or 5, that's a easy steal.

That's why I said if I went up huge I would take "crazy" shots. I ment try to hit a 3 or a fade away with someone like Rasho.

Edit: oh yeah, if I'm up huge, I WANT you to make a comeback. The quarters are too long it gets boring. I expected DM to make a big comeback and my team to turn ice cold. I kept shooting jumpers just so it wouldn't be some excuse.

Matrix

Cloudy said:
How are you all getting dominated by Jobber? I need to bring him back to earth with the Lakeshow :D

I need a win...we play tonight!

jobber

Cloudy said:
How are you all getting dominated by Jobber? I need to bring him back to earth with the Lakeshow :D

I've been saving someone for you...

2005011415273963_300.jpg

a_bowen_vi.jpg

Matrix

Cloudy said:

This is how I lost to Jobber...

1.3 seconds left

Barry shoots...
brent-barry-interview-20050103042118250-000.jpg

"Lets call it a foul,I got a dinner date to make"
040227_hmed_refs_8p.hmedium.jpg

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
050302130423Jeff-Van-Gundy.jpg

Matrix

ColdBlooded33 said:
Anyone wanna play?

Yea I'll play now,you can get your 2nd win,I have to send you a friend invite first.

Also I dont have a working mic yet.

jobber

It was late in the game and I think Gordon drove to the hole for a lay up. Next thing you see is Thomas bending over and he wasn't even involved in the play.

Matrix

GG Cold,jesus you are good at blocking :eek: Im lucky I won,but damn that was just sad seeing t-mac blocked on the gamewinning attempt in regulation,im lucky he caught fire in OT.

Doubling Garnett did jack shit in the 2nd half,I was like shit im holding him down after he didnt do shit in the first half and then he was scoring at will on dunks.

CB3

Same with Yao. He would just lay it in when he got doubled. I tried to use the C but then then computer would foul with Garnett

Matrix

ColdBlooded33 said:
Same with Yao. He would just lay it in when he got doubled. I tried to use the C but then then computer would foul with Garnett

Yea Yao is nuts,thats why I was so upset about losing to Fifty yesterday.He had 20 something points at half against Fifty and like 10 boards and he went down in the first couple of minutes of the 3rd and never came back.I had to rotate between Deke and Swift at center and its not the same,cause I lose tons of O.

Cloudy

Banned
With KG, you gotta double immediately he gets it or you're screwed if your bigs are weak like mine...

When I played Cold, I'd just double him and concede the open J. I got burned a lot but I'd rather see that than KG slamming it down :lol

Matrix

Cloudy said:
With KG, you gotta double immediately he gets it or you're screwed if your bigs are weak like mine...

When I played Cold, I'd just double him and concede the open 3. I got burned a lot but I'd rather see that than KG slamming it down :lol

Thats what I was doing in the first half and Cold was hitting the open jumpshot,2nd half I did the samething except KG wasnt scared of the doubleteam and scored over both Yao and Swift with ease.

So when you want to ball Konex?

AkaBalla

Im hoping online right now for a few.. Ill be in the lobby.. Jobber where u at? Since i won you have been dodging me... :lol

Cloudy

Banned
Lakers game should be over by 12et. I'll hop on then for 2 games at the least (Don't wanna play the same team twice if I don't have to though :p)

Matrix

Ok I'll be around then,ill hit you up on aim.

Matrix

Could Arenas be any more overrated in this game...fucking 50 pts and 18 dimes,yea ok.

21/36 fgs

I lose by 1 fucking pt again 113-112....Im going to destroy my fucking copy!!!!

I swear to god the subbing is horeshit for the Rockets,wtf would they take T-mac out at one point and put in Howard :| Hello Anderson on the bench! Luther Head!?

Such a pain in the ass to have to manual sub too.

CB3

Matrix said:
Could Arenas be any more overrated in this game...fucking 50 pts and 18 dimes,yea ok.

21/36 fgs

I lose by 1 fucking pt again 113-112....Im going to destroy my fucking copy!!!!

:lol :lol :lol He owned me also

Fifty

Don't leave out the 6 steals, I busted my ass for those! I was so scared we'd foul you on that last play. Poor Matrix has the worst luck. At least he played my style and we turned it into a trackmeet so it was a fun game. I'm starting to think that controlling Arenas is like an extension of my body, an arm I never knew I had if you will..without him I am nothing!

Matrix

ColdBlooded33 said:
:lol :lol :lol He owned me also

Most overrated pg in the game,hes real good in real life but hes not 50 pts 18 dimes good,I love watching him dunk over Yao/Swift/Deke too.

Im going to start playing all the zone D's cause this is horeshit,I havent play any zone so far in the league except 2-3 a little and I cant win just playing man to man and trapping.I cant stop anyone from scoring in the paint without an inside box zone.

Fifty

You should try pressing B more on D. Sure it's the take charge animation and it looks silly pressing it at the 3 point line, but if you do it as you're moving over to stop a drive, you'll usually go into a blocking animation that can help to slow people down. Since there's no button to stick your hand in their face for D, it's the best tool I have to use on D. Aside from the right stick and my magical basketball cornerback skills.

Top Bottom