• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Worldwide Launch Thread

GONZO

My friends and I are planning on buying about 7 or so. Funny thing is we're only keeping one. The rest are going up on ebay. Looks like best buy should be a pretty solid bet of getting them. But lining up aint gonna be fun. :(

I stopped by Toysrus last night and they were preselling 360 bundles. Though I was originally told they would not be doing so. There are two options...the one I picked was

Premium System,Kameo, NBA Live, and Madden with an extra wireless controller

for $599.99 (they gave me a 10$ giftcard for putting down 75 bux instead of 50).

Guaraneed at 9am on the 22nd. I asked them how many 360s were they getting/could presell.....Only 8. I was the 5th person to reserve a bundle, only 3 are left...in Cambridge MA.

Beowolf

Banned
oh, and I cannot wait to go on ebay and fake bid all you scammers out there trying to make a buck. Get ready to keep reposting your sell. :lol

GONZO said:
My friends and I are planning on buying about 7 or so. Funny thing is we're only keeping one. The rest are going up on ebay. Looks like best buy should be a pretty solid bet of getting them. But lining up aint gonna be fun. :(

Bastards i hope you guys get mugged on your way home.

GONZO

Beowolf said:
oh, and I cannot wait to go on ebay and fake bid all you scammers out there trying to make a buck. Get ready to keep reposting your sell. :lol

Good luck trying, All of mine are gonna be private auctions. And it's in no way a scam. I'm not setting the selling price, the market is. So how is that a scam on the sellers part? If you want to blame anyone, blame capitalism, lol.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Wal-Mart stuff.

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000013067624/

Wal-Mart has begun receiving launch instruction packages, which are intended to prepare each of its outlets for the chaos that might ensue when the Xbox 360 drops at midnight on November 22nd. Employees have been instructed to distribute numbered tickets (as many as the store has 360 units) starting at 10:00 PM on the 21st. The tickets are divided into two sets (green and silver), in order to differentiate between the core and premium bundles. Rumor has it, a few tickets will be hidden in select Hershey bar wrappers… hope you like chocolate!

T520051110202601788.jpg

T520051110202426684.jpg

T520051110202258359.jpg

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
SnowWolf said:
Oh please.

Seems like Costco will be getting shipments on day 1. That's probably going to be my first place to check.

Please what? It looks exactly like the box design Apple has used for the past 5 years. Everyone said they copied iPod styling cues for the console itself, why can't it carry over to the box too?

It was a good decision on their part.

crunker99

Hey bad news about the Ridge Racer 6/ NHL 2k6 delay

i asked my distributor and he says:

(4:14:01 PM): yup, no longer on the ship sheet

bah just bah i was really excited for this now i dunno what MS is doing its ridiculous

PhatSaqs

Banned
crunker99 said:
Hey bad news about the Ridge Racer 6/ NHL 2k6 delay

i asked my distributor and he says:

(4:14:01 PM): yup, no longer on the ship sheet

bah just bah i was really excited for this now i dunno what MS is doing its ridiculous
I'm willing to wager MS has nothing to do with these delays.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
GONZO said:
Good luck trying, All of mine are gonna be private auctions. And it's in no way a scam. I'm not setting the selling price, the market is. So how is that a scam on the sellers part? If you want to blame anyone, blame capitalism, lol.

Capitalism is faceless. You are here.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
So for that Wal-Mart notice, is that for ALL stores? How are they going to be distributing the tickets, at the electronics checkout display? Is there going to be a line forming outside? Details :(

hadareud

The Translator
snatches said:
94%....does anyone know how stingy these guys are with the scores?

XBM are usually quite high with their reviews. Take 5% off and this should be what it scores elsewhere (just a guess) ...

Kabuki Waq said:
CoD2 has 32 players over live?

what?

Yeah, so far we've been getting vague references to 8 players, maybe up to 16 with a great connection. Maybe you can max out at 32 using your 360 as a dedicated server (like anyone's going to do that)?

crunker99

PhatSaqs said:
I'm willing to wager MS has nothing to do with these delays.

coulda been such a good list phat we jsut did the launch delay list:

Saints Row
full auto
Top Spin 2
RIdge Racer 6
Elder Scrolls
doa 4

im so mad it could have been a fun launch

newsguy

Kabuki Waq said:
it also makes keeping track of J Allard's gametag useless cause he was playing rr6 yesterday :D

Well, I may be jumping the gun cause IGN says they'll have the final build next week. I was always under the impression that a game needed to go gold earlier but I guess that's not the case.

crunker99

newsguy said:
Well, I may be jumping the gun cause IGN says they'll have the final build next week. I was always under the impression that a game needed to go gold earlier but I guess that's not the case.

if the game isnt gold by next week i think we can pretty much confirm its wont make launch

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Gamestop is evidently lining people up based on when they preordered. I just got a call and was told I am 3rd in line. Pretty cool idea.

Bebpo

Banned
newsguy said:
New ridge Racer impressions over at IGN. It's probably not going to be ready for launch as they mention that it hasn't gone gold yet. Isamu am cry.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/666/666040p1.html

Some new pics and vids there too.

You've gotta be joking. After the DoA4 delay, I decided I'd pick up Ridge Racer instead at launch (though I'm not a big RR fan)....and now that's not even going to be there.

So...zero Japanese developed games at launch. Woohoo, were back at the WESTERNBOX all over again. Good job at globalization MS. Fuck I'm not happy :(

Bebpo said:
You've gotta be joking. After the DoA4 delay, I decided I'd pick up Ridge Racer instead at launch (though I'm not a big RR fan)....and now that's not even going to be there.

So...zero Japanese developed games at launch. Woohoo, were back at the WESTERNBOX all over again. Good job at globalization MS. Fuck I'm not happy :(

do you like any western games at all?

Bebpo

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
do you like any western games at all?

I do! That's why I'm getting NBA2k and PGR3 at launch (would've got Oblivion too but that's delayed as well) :) But I just want to see a well-rounded launch that shows what Eastern developers are capable of with next-gen technology as well as the Western houses.

Basically I hope the PS3 has a wider selection of Western games since the PS2 was maybe 60/40 in favor of Eastern developers, and that the Xbox360 has more Japanese titles since Xbox was like 90/10 in favor of Western games.

There are some things that Western developers handle wonderfully, and somethings that Japanese developers are unmatched in. So I'd like to have a nice selection of both at launch.

Bebpo said:
I do! That's why I'm getting NBA2k and PGR3 at launch (would've got Oblivion too but that's delayed as well) :) But I just want to see a well-rounded launch that shows what Eastern developers are capable of with next-gen technology as well as the Western houses.

Ridge racer might not be delayed some sites have the reviews ready to go

Matlock

Banned
I've heard that Ridge Racer 6 is fun, but a rental. The two great racers on 360 are Most Wanted and Project Gotham...seriously.

KingJ2002

Bebpo said:
Yeah, I really hope it doesn't. 60fps + 720p + 12 players online has me pretty excited :)

14 players and rising :)

im actually glad it got delayed... now I can focus on 3 games for launch

PDZ
PGR 3
NBA 2K6

next month...

Kameo: Elements Of Power
Dead Or Alive 4
Ridge Racer 6

*kicks back*

life is good

Lakitu

st5fu
Matlock said:
I've heard that Ridge Racer 6 is fun, but a rental. The two great racers on 360 are Most Wanted and Project Gotham...seriously.

And with that, Isamu's dreams are crushed...

Top Bottom