• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Worldwide Launch Thread

Is Discovery not the best channel right now? They have a slew of great shows. Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs are both Tivo'd on a regular basis. I used to watch American Hot Rod somewhat regularly...but with the crew members jumping ship each week...it's losing it's appeal. Other shows like Deadliest Catch and It Takes a Thief are also interesting programs.

I'm kind of pissed though that they canceled Monster House and replaced it with the Roush Racing... I have yet to watch an episode of that.

Take it for what its worth but the new word going around is that the mainstream stores (Best Buy/Walmart/target/CC) will be getting the bulk of the crappy CORE systems on Launch Day.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
krypt0nian said:
Take it for what its worth but the new word going around is that the mainstream stores (Best Buy/Walmart/target/CC) will be getting the bulk of the crappy CORE systems on Launch Day.
Well, every person who has relayed shipment info from local Walmarts has indicated that they're getting more premium - at least double in most cases.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
.Abras. said:
I'm from Brazil and I'm going to US on november 24th.

I will leave on december 8th, what are my changes on getting one at miami?
I'm in Miami and I can tell you we're going to be dry of 360's come Tuesday. Right now don't even expect getting one.

3rdman

TekunoRobby said:
I'm in Miami and I can tell you we're going to be dry of 360's come Tuesday. Right now don't even expect getting one.

Haha, me too. Are you gonna be at the Best Buy at Dadeland come Tuesday the 21st like me?

SuperPac

I'm wondering where the hell my local best buy is going to put the 360 stuff. The games dept. shelves are already stuffed full and today they just put up two new racks FULL of Logitech wireless controllers for both PS2 and XB1. They also have a crazy/insane amount of those $99 XB1 Wireless Adaptors and a whole crapload of Xbox Live kits and doodads (all XB1-centric). I love Christmastime because the shops really start to look full but man...where they gonna put all this shiznat?

I also wonder if Best Buy stores are actually going to put any of the 360 accessories out early or if they will wait until closer to launch. Hmmm...wouldn't mind having all the accessories bought and ready to go, unless BB is going to offer double points if you buy a lot of crap on launch day.

Bebpo said:
NBA2k6 and PGR3 are definitely making launch right?

...right?

/doesn't want to go home with no games at launch ;_;

Yes on both. After playing the final of PGR3 today, I humbly suggest that it be retitled "Holy F'n Mother of Gawd Racing 3: Pants-Wetting Fast & Solid."

NBA 2K6 not only looks amazing; there's actually a good game underneath (you can't see it, but I'm glaring at NBA Live 360 right now).

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
3rdman said:
Haha, me too. Are you gonna be at the Best Buy at Dadeland come Tuesday the 21st like me?
Definitely but I placed a reservation so I'll probably stroll in at 11:30 pm Monday night. Well if there are any DS/PSP games going on then I'll show up earlier.

3rdman

TekunoRobby said:
Definitely but I placed a reservation so I'll probably stroll in at 11:30 pm Monday night. Well if there are any DS/PSP games going on then I'll show up earlier.

Woah...wait a minute. Reservations? How do I go about getting myself one of those?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So I reserved my Xbox 360 with DOA4, RR6, and PD0 today. It was quite a different experience reserving the system at a Japanese game store compared to how I'm used to doing it at stores like EB Games.

Instead of having to go through a bunch of crap and pay for a bundle, I walked in, told them I wanted a system and the three games, they took down my name and number, and it was done. No money had to be put down, and I was guaranteed a system and the games. Much better than what I had to go through getting the original Xbox back in the States. :)

The store is getting in 22 systems, but they only have six reservations including myself. I guess this system really is going to be just as "popular" as the Xbox was over here.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
3rdman said:
Woah...wait a minute. Reservations? How do I go about getting myself one of those?
Hopefully I don't ruin your day...

Last week Best Buy only had two reservations left (they started about two weeks ago), it'll be a miracle if they still have any. It was for a bundle: standard X360 (with HDD), one game, wireless controller, and a warranty. Also last I checked BB didn't have all that many systems to give out for those who didn't reserve so call them up just in case.

demi

You better get one Rob so I can play it come December!

AND WHUP YO ASS

and omg that is your 4000 post

my baby is growing up

meeblemeeble1my.gif

Magic-box says:

Microsoft announced they will reveal details of the MistWalker developed Xbox 360 RPG Blue Dragon at Jump Feata 2006, which will take place in Tokyo Makuhari Messe on December 17 - 18.

Head's up!

newsguy

WTF? Everyday someone new from Miami pops up in this place. I was fixing my car by Dadeland Station BB so I walked over there and played some 360. That store may get the most 360's as I remember during the xbox launch they were overstocked with them. For those waiting in lines, I recommend getting someone else and standing in different lines at these malls that have a Target and BB in the same place. Dadeland Station, Aventura, Southwest right by Tamiami Park are all places where BB and Target are right next to each other.

pxleyes

Banned
Just won tickets to that luanch thing (not that I'm gonna use them)...but I didn't win an x-box. So pissed off. WORST CONTEST EVER microsoft. Shove your Hex168.com up your ass.

Argyle

pxleyes said:
Just won tickets to that luanch thing (not that I'm gonna use them)...but I didn't win an x-box. So pissed off. WORST CONTEST EVER microsoft. Shove your Hex168.com up your ass.

What did you have to do to win tickets?

Jeff-DSA

pxleyes said:

You could probably eBay those things for a good $50 a pop I would guess.

pxleyes

Banned
Here is the e-mail...

I have good news for you.

Even though your group was not among those selected as a winner of the Grand Prize package, we were impressed with your efforts and managed to wrangle additional invitations for all Hex 168 Finalists to attend the wondrous event heralding in a new beginning for those most worthy.

It will be your responsibility to pilgrimage to the undisclosed location in the Mojave desert (an hour outside of LA) to witness the dawning of the next generation of gaming. Only those with confirmed invitations will be allowed entrance. This massive launch event will feature hundreds of gaming stations, live entertainment and around-the-clock gaming at a venue immersed in the Xbox 360 experience. The event will begin on November 20 when the sun sets on the desert horizon and end at 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday, November 22, the official launch date for Xbox 360 in North America.

So, how do you get confirmed invitations? First, please respond to this email with the names of all 6 persons attending the event - we need names, addresses, email addresses and ages. If all 6 cannot make it, then send the information for the ones who can - no substitutions please. We will confirm your list with the official release forms that were submitted with your entry. If all is confirmed, then we will mail tickets and required material that you must bring to the party, along with photo identification (driver's license) for each member on your list.

You have kept the faith...

Hex 168 - the beginning is nigh!

Jason Q. Lutz

marsomega

newsguy said:
WTF? Everyday someone new from Miami pops up in this place. I was fixing my car by Dadeland Station BB so I walked over there and played some 360. That store may get the most 360's as I remember during the xbox launch they were overstocked with them. For those waiting in lines, I recommend getting someone else and standing in different lines at these malls that have a Target and BB in the same place. Dadeland Station, Aventura, Southwest right by Tamiami Park are all places where BB and Target are right next to each other.

Actually, your best chance is Circuit City as they are not doing pre-orders or bundles and its first come first serve. Last I heard CC is getting the same as Walmart and BB. Also, CC has this Fall Preview Magazine for the X360 and other video games plus coupons for 5 bux off PS2, GC, Xbox, and Xbox 360 games.

There is a coupon in there for 5 bux off of Kameo and Project Gotham Racing 3 for Xbox 360.

I got an inside hook up to CC and he gave me a bunch of these Fall Preview Magazines with Coupons.

EDIT
They also have 5 bux off coupon for Mario Kart DS. Weee!

hyp

fullmetalzero said:
After playing the final of PGR3 today, I humbly suggest that it be retitled "Holy F'n Mother of Gawd Racing 3: Pants-Wetting Fast & Solid."

best impressions ever for PGR3! i was up until 1am last night viewing some videos. and holy shit it looks impressive.

GhaleonEB

SnowWolf said:
Eh? Are they even transferable?

First, please respond to this email with the names of all 6 persons attending the event - we need names, addresses, email addresses and ages. If all 6 cannot make it, then send the information for the ones who can - no substitutions please. We will confirm your list with the official release forms that were submitted with your entry.

I'm guessing that means no.

pxleyes

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
Actually they are in a way. He'll just fill out the info for the tickets in the name of whomever buys them. Simple stuff, really.

basically. or you can take the risk, but im not responsible if you cant go. you are welcome to buy the tickets none the less.

Jim

I've been closely following a few live.xbox profiles, but have yet to see any PD0.
Has anyone seen it show up on the achievements? Considering the game should ship in 5 days, seems ilke they are cutting it close.

Also, Reviewers Kit coming soon! Wooooo...

SuperPac

Jim said:
I've been closely following a few live.xbox profiles, but have yet to see any PD0.
Has anyone seen it show up on the achievements? Considering the game should ship in 5 days, seems ilke they are cutting it close.

Also, Reviewers Kit coming soon! Wooooo...

HiroProtagonist had a Joanna Dark Gamertile up for a while before he changed it to Rat Fink (or whatever that is). Could be that they're trying to play the hype as fans anxiously await its appearance on his game roster.

demi

Rayne.S said:
Heyhey Demi,

Quick question. Been a lurker for several years. Figured i didn't have anything to add to GAF, best to keep my mouth shut, right ?

Well, times change, registered for some pretty nice exclusive stuff. I own some gamestores in the Netherlands and having recieved our XB360 demopods i'm able to answer A LOT of pending questions.

www.digifan.nl
http://www.digifan.nl/forum/index.php?showtopic=6279

You being the GAF VIP i figured you might me able to help share some the info ^_____^

Thanx

Rayne.S aka P.Berkhout, owner DIGIfan

Ask some questions! I guess!

^__________^

SuperPac

Never thought I'd hear this, but today I heard a kid (13-14) actually say -- "You know what I don't like about Xbox? The hard drive" while watching someone play the Kameo demo. Doesn't *like*.... the hard drive. Err...wha?

Took all my strength not to ask if his parents had dropped him on his head when he was a baby.

Joe

teamxbox forums are saying that the making of the titanic dvd (in HD i presume) are on the HDD when you buy the premium. whether this is the only video content no one knows but that better be one sweet looking video....titanic...WTF??

scarybore

teamxbox forums are saying that the making of the titanic dvd (in HD i presume) are on the HDD when you buy the premium. whether this is the only video content no one knows but that better be one sweet looking video....titanic...WTF??

So one week in, the 360's gonna hit a iceberg? If I were MS, I wouldn't want anything to do with Titanic surrounding the launch :lol

Nice extra though.

Eel O'Brian said:
My Best Buy is opening at Midnight, as well. They were also taking unofficial "no money down" preorders from valued customers, and I got on that list via my friend who works there, so it might also serve you well to ask at your local BB. I pre-ordered Kameo, COD2, Condemned, and Oblivion (before I heard about the delay) to get the bonus 10,000 Reward Zone points.* This will be the first time I've ever bought a system at launch, so I'm getting pretty stoked about it.

*Not rich - just took a small side job (I'm a painter) and sold off some things I no longer wanted.
I just talked to my best buy, and they said they're doing they're doing the typical morning launch in my area.....By typical, I meant they did the same thing for the GC launch.

Now I need to talk to Toys R' Us.

Plan A: Midnight at GameStop/EB [or Toys R' Us if they do it].

Plan B: Morning at 8:00am at Best Buy.

KPage

Gamestop corporate called me last night with automated message 1 day AFTER I cancelled my Kameo pre order, telling me it was in,

It also said anyone who pre ordered AFTER 05/23/05 will not get a 360 on launch day.

Pathetic.

I'm glad I filed a complaint with the BBB earlier in the day for deceptive business practices.

www.bbb.org

atomsk

Party Pooper
after 5/23 huh?

i havent gotten any calls from gamestop yet. (i reserved 5/14)

then again, the guy running the store i preordered at just got fired day before yesterday, so things are a little hectic there right now

Nintendo X said:
I just talked to my best buy, and they said they're doing they're doing the typical morning launch in my area.....By typical, I meant they did the same thing for the GC launch.

Now I need to talk to Toys R' Us.

Plan A: Midnight at GameStop/EB [or Toys R' Us if they do it].

Plan B: Morning at 8:00am at Best Buy.

They've canceled the midnight launch at my local BB.

Top Bottom