• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShOcKwAvE

Girl I went out with a few times went silent for almost two weeks. Things had been going well, so I was really confused. I sent a text today that I wanted to know what's up, and she responded that she broke up with her bf in December, but things "aren't over."

I was actually relieved to know the truth, and we eventually had a quick phone chat about it. Time to start over. Sucks though...she was pretty great.

Uchip

Banned
didnt realize they had a section for my country
unsurprisingly enough, its the same few girls from the other online dating site :|

Tried everything short of surgery and still can't get rid of the dark circles. I'm not on crack, I swear.

Get a better haircut and own your dark, mysterious eyes. You can pull off discontented and deep

We could be friends according to OKC. Or frienemies with some weirdly sexual tension.

You remind me of a nerdy Tony Montana.

K701

Banned
Not a joke account. A lot of it is comical but most of it is true (I don't actually have intense levels of swag).

I'm giving 5 stars to anyone who visits my profile btw.

Even if you're trying to be funny, you don't say "You should message me if you're desperate"

Also you gib 5 stars HUEHUEHUHUEHUEHUE

Figured I would post my profile here too, see if I can get any tips as to why I get no replies. The two I did get went nowhere after an initial reply. I mean I know I'm not a good looking dude, but am I really that repulsive?

www.okcupid.com/profile/Twin_Primes

Not bad looking. Don't be so self defeating either.

Take the words boring out of your profile. No one likes boring.

I'm kind of a sad loner in my life at the moment, luckily I have two awesome brothers who I hang out with.
Also I have pretty bad anxiety, both social and general. I'm quite the catch...

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!

K701

Banned
More pics. More substance. Guys on these things have to try harder to get our interest.

This is definitely a problem with my profile. But I'm too lazy and since I've always hated taking pics of myself I just have shitty ones from my phone in the bathroom. :(

Here's mine. I'll probably edit this post later on and delete the link. so eveyone look at it now and tell me what u think.

Edit: GONE!

BobLoblaw

Banned
Tried everything short of surgery and still can't get rid of the dark circles. I'm not on crack, I swear.
Be a man and use makeup/concealer. You're welcome.

garnier-anti-dark-circle-eye-roller.jpg

This is definitely a problem with my profile. But I'm too lazy and since I've always hated taking pics of myself I just have shitty ones from my phone in the bathroom. :(

Here's mine. I'll probably edit this post later on and delete the link. so eveyone look at it now and tell me what u think.

There was a link here. It's gone now.

You let your chest do the talking, huh?

jadedm17

Figured I would post my profile here too, see if I can get any tips as to why I get no replies. The two I did get went nowhere after an initial reply. I mean I know I'm not a good looking dude, but am I really that repulsive?

www.okcupid.com/profile/Twin_Primes

Numbers, sadly. I've sent out so many witty messages full of charm, questions and good branching off points, of varying lengths to get no messages. Its disheartening.

Then I realize they don't have me in their life so that sucks for them.

And then I realize I'm just looking for one amazing person in a nearly endless stream of beautiful and enchanting woman.

Confidence and numbers my friend.

Get rid of the profile pic. female friends tell me they only like it when guys look like this

http://i.imgur.com/Ne6eK.jpg

Warning. May get guys jealous.

K701

Banned
Add more pics, remove that as your main one but keep it in the profile. Looks more like a hookup profile when you just have a pic showing off the bod.

Ok. The only problem I have is taking a pic that looks "real". I don't really go out so basically I'd have to put on nice clothes...for no reason other than the picture, go to a random place in the house and then set the timer in the camera...

That's (one of the reasons) why I hate pictures....

I guess it cant be helped... I'll do it tomorrow.

K701

Banned
It's the abs and chest they like.

So only show off the bod if it's that sculpted? Meh.

You guys think those abs and chest in that pic are good, and "sculpted" !? o_O

Ok. Tomorrow I'm trimming my hair and changing the pic so it it's timed, so I don't have to hold the phone and stretch one side of my chest in the process, I'm also gonna use better lighting, and flex my abs, and add a photo whith clothes as the main one.

See all the work I have to do now? I fucking hate pictures.

Ok. Tomorrow I'm trimming my hair and changing the pic so it it's timed, so I don't have to hold the phone and stretch one side of my chest in the process, I'm also gonna use better lighting, and flex my abs, and add a photo whith clothes as the main one.

I think that the pic Yamato linked isn't the only body type women enjoy.

Go full out and wear a suit, a tie, sunglasses, the works dude.

That's the dude with 12% body fat. He has like 6 now.

That's the best way to wear them (no one says anything to people wering hats indoors)

Ayway, that's what I was saying before, the pictures look, and are "fake".

I say it to people who wear hats indoors all the time, that they look retarded.

Can't you take a natural photo... outside? Hand the camera to a friend and go like "Hey bro, take my pic, I gotta search for true love. Or a hook-up, whatever."

K701

Banned
I say it to people who wear hats indoors all the time, that they look retarded.

Can't you take a natural photo... outside? Hand the camera to a friend and go like "Hey bro, take my pic, I gotta search for true love. Or a hook-up, whatever."

No. I don't know anyone outside of work, which is why I need to use the timer.

OK I'm going to try and make my profile a little more serious. Don't have any other pictures handy and I'm not a fan of bathroom/iphone/mirror photos so that'll have to wait.

Pachimari

So I picked up the girl in the middle of the night, but it turned out her 2 drunk friends were with her and that we had to drive for like 45 minutes. I then lost battery on my phone and thus GPS so we had to follow some bus steps. And almost ran out of gasoline.

But I'm still confused if we are friends or bf/gf or becoming it. Should I just straight out ask her what we are? Or can I formulate it somehow?

So I picked up the girl in the middle of the night, but it turned out her 2 drunk friends were with her and that we had to drive for like 45 minutes. I then lost battery on my phone and thus GPS so we had to follow some bus steps. And almost ran out of gasoline.

But I'm still confused if we are friends or bf/gf or becoming it. Should I just straight out ask her what we are? Or can I formulate it somehow?

"You wanna go steady with me, babe?"

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

This is only your second time seeing her right? you're not anything if not acquaintances at the moment, possibly chums. And why are you picking her up at places she and her friends from getting drunk and partying? Don't be that guy... don't get roped into a game of cat and mouse where unfortunately she'll let you believe you're the cat, but really she's just a mouse in disguise taking advantage of your good nature.

Don't be that guy.

Pachimari

This is only your second time seeing her right? you're not anything if not acquaintances at the moment, possibly chums. And why are you picking her up at places she and her friends from getting drunk and partying? Don't be that guy... don't get roped into a game of cat and mouse where unfortunately she'll let you believe you're the cat, but really she's just a mouse in disguise taking advantage of your good nature.

Don't be that guy.
Exactly what I'm thinking and were thinking. Im gonna reject next time. She didn't tell me I had to pick up her friends so I were pretty frustrated.

Yea it was the second time. The confusion comes from us sleeping together, hugging and kissing all night both times now. Yet she hug when I drop her off, where I have to ask for the kiss. To me, this screams me having to be careful or pay attention.

nbraun80

So did you just drive them around and then just drop them off, or did you do anything else with her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom