• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okcupid is not that bad. I already got a date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
ive got my 3rd date next wednesday... she's a super lady.

This I like!

@Kinggi

It does suck I had to grind so hard, but it'll play out differently for everyone. I'm a decent looking dude, and I grinded hard for 2 months straight. My profile was probably not the best either.

If you can get:
Solid pics with variety(Face pics/smiling, out and about pics, if you are in shape you doing athletic things, pics with friends/family)

Profile that is not too short, but not too long.

And you message somewhere around 3-5 woman a night, then you should start to see results.

Don't question yourself in who you message. If she is attractive, even if you think out of your league, fuck it message her. Your personality could be JUST what she wants and that'll go far. I had girls I messaged on here for quite a while that I felt were a few steps above me, but I still kept at since I know I'm a cool dude worth any chick's time if she gives me the chance. Go in with that mind set.

As always messages should say hello, say something interesting or funny about their profile, and always try to have 1-2 questions per message to keep conversations going.

This I like!

@Kinggi

It does suck I had to grind so hard, but it'll play out differently for everyone. I'm a decent looking dude, and I grinded hard for 2 months straight. My profile was probably not the best either.

If you can get:
Solid pics with variety(Face pics/smiling, out and about pics, if you are in shape you doing athletic things, pics with friends/family)

Profile that is not too short, but not too long.

And you message somewhere around 3-5 woman a night, then you should start to see results.

Don't question yourself in who you message. If she is attractive, even if you think out of your league, fuck it message her. Your personality could be JUST what she wants and that'll go far. I had girls I messaged on here for quite a while that I felt were a few steps above me, but I still kept at since I know I'm a cool dude worth any chick's time if she gives me the chance. Go in with that mind set.

As always messages should say hello, say something interesting or funny about their profile, and always try to have 1-2 questions per message to keep conversations going.

This is a good post, however, I'd change the mindset. Don't think "am I worth her time". Think "is she worth my time?"

Confidence.

DrBo42

Signed up last night and got digits within a couple of hours. Pretty amazing site. Talking with some beautiful girl that's into Batman TAS. Heaven.

mjc

Ran into my first real negative chick last night. We were messaging back and forth and she kept complaining about how her work sucks, even when I tried to change topics. Its amazing how negativity just kills any kind of interest you might have.

DrBo42

Ran into my first real negative chick last night. We were messaging back and forth and she kept complaining about how her work sucks, even when I tried to change topics. Its amazing how negativity just kills any kind of interest you might have.
Yep. It's a real eye opener. Makes you avoid doing it yourself at all costs.

Darklord

Banned
If a girl says she'll get back to me should I just wait or reply to her? She basically said I sent a great message but she's really sick with the flu and will respond with a proper message when she gets better. Should I just wait or send a reply just to bump my name up the inbox list so she doesn't forget?

Tex117

Banned
If a girl says she'll get back to me should I just wait or reply to her? She basically said I sent a great message but she's really sick with the flu and will respond with a proper message when she gets better. Should I just wait or send a reply just to bump my name up the inbox list so she doesn't forget?

Wait at least a week.

Text her then to see if she is feeling better. Hopefully, she would have already texted you.

mj1108

Well, I'm going to change my name to Cougar Bait. My ex is in her early 40's and on Wednesday I got a message from this very cute Asian woman in her 40's (44). We traded a few messages back and forth that evening and even got as far as trading phone numbers and talking on the phone for almost 2 hours THAT EVENING....talking until almost 1:00am. We hit it off so well it's crazy. Yesterday we were texting back and forth all day and we have plans to meet for dinner tomorrow night.

She's cute, funny, smart... She says she's really picky about guys and told me I was a rare one as I didn't send her a message saying things like "show me your tits" and stuff. lol

So I guess I'll see how this goes tomorrow night... absolutely crazy.

Holyshitwhatisthisidonteven....

Meeting up with someone I met on OKC tomorrow. She suggested coffee or ice cream. I'm cool with that, something inexpensive and I get a chance to talk to her. I'd like to walk around a nearby park or something but it's hotter than satan's right tit this time of year in Texas.

Anyone got any ideas? We're in Dallas, so there's plenty to do, I just don't want it to be a short meetup and a "Seeya later."

Xun

I just randomly got a message from OkCupid:

Hi
I love les pauls and so I just HAD TO message you.
And plus you are also cute :p
So how are you anyway?

It's always strange getting compliments, because it's such a rare occurrence.

mjc

Meeting up with someone I met on OKC tomorrow. She suggested coffee or ice cream. I'm cool with that, something inexpensive and I get a chance to talk to her. I'd like to walk around a nearby park or something but it's hotter than satan's right tit this time of year in Texas.

Anyone got any ideas? We're in Dallas, so there's plenty to do, I just don't want it to be a short meetup and a "Seeya later."

Maybe go for a round of minigolf?

woodchuck

where in dallas?

one of my go to early date places is the Dallas Museum of Art. It's also indoors. And if you go at night, you can also walk around the Dallas Arts district.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

Well, take if for a positive then! Good to see you getting somewhere, I know a lot of your struggles from the dating-age thread, so take it as a really confidence booster.

Jhoan

That's great to hear! You're not a bad looking guy. Guys downplaying their looks is pretty common here on GAF. Even I do that from time time. I bet you get checked out by women every day and you don't even realize it. You got an innocent, guy next door look. Hopefully, it leads to a date.

As fr my current OKC status, I finally got a second response so it looks like it's going good. I think the chick is a game designer which is so cool. Hopefully, it leads to a date. The only thing is that I've been asking her questions; she hasn't asked me any so I'm slightly concerned about her interest. No worries, I'm gonna get back to grinding in any case.

mjc

That's great to hear! You're not a bad looking guy. Guys downplaying their looks is pretty common here on GAF. Even I do that from time time. I bet you get checked out by women every day and you don't even realize it. You got an innocent, guy next door look. Hopefully, it leads to a date.

As fr my current OKC status, I finally got a second response so it looks like it's going good. I think the chick is a game designer which is so cool. Hopefully, it leads to a date. The only thing is that I've been asking her questions; she hasn't asked me any so I'm slightly concerned about her interest. No worries, I'm gonna get back to grinding in any case.

A fair share of girls that I've had convos with have been horrible at juggling questions and maintaining the flow of conversation. I wouldn't worry about it.

Maybe go for a round of minigolf?

Well, I live pretty close to a mini golf course but we live on opposite ends of Dallas.

where in dallas?

one of my go to early date places is the Dallas Museum of Art. It's also indoors. And if you go at night, you can also walk around the Dallas Arts district.

One of my friends suggested Katy Trail but like I said, it's gonna be hot. I may look into the arts district. Thanks.

Darklord

Banned
So I got a text from the girl I was going to meet but she backed out of it. She asked how I'm going today, I reply and that's it. She doesn't reply back. This chicks getting annoying now. I'm asking her when she's free tomorrow to meet, if she doesn't pick a day I'll probably leave it.

Xun

Well, take if for a positive then! Good to see you getting somewhere, I know a lot of your struggles from the dating-age thread, so take it as a really confidence booster.

Yeah, I'll take it as a positive I guess.

I just need to know what to message her now. :p

Would I thank her for complimenting me?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Yeah, I'll take it as a positive I guess.

I just need to know what to message her now. :p

Would I thank her for complimenting me?

Yeah just a "haha, thanks! [insert return compliment here]" or something like that. I'd play it casual.

Robot_Rave

Neo Member
I've been dating a girl from okcupid for about a month now. Things seem to be going well, so I decide to disable my account since I don't need it anymore and I'm getting tired of the site emailing me all the time. I then discover that she's been online yesterday, and I just checked then as well and she was online only 2 hours ago. I like to believe that since she has in her profile under I'm looking for: "For new friends, activity partners, long-distance penpals" that she's only just trying to make new friends, but I get the suspicion that she isn't completely satisfied with me and is looking for someone else.

I'm actually seeing her tomorrow, and we're planning to go to the beach next week, and she also mentioned that she's already got my birthday present when my birthday is still a month away, so she still seems interested in me, but on the other hand she's still active on the site which is a little worrying for me. Should I discuss this with her or just ignore it and just see what happens?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Girl I've been dating for a month is still on OkCupid and it makes me feel uncomfortable. Should I discuss this with her or just ignore it and just see what happens?
Definitely discuss it with her. Are you guys officially boyfriend and girlfriend? If not it might be a good time to discuss your situation and if so you definitely need to communicate how you feel about it.

Robot_Rave

Neo Member
Definitely discuss it with her. Are you guys officially boyfriend and girlfriend? If not it might be a good time to discuss your situation and if so you definitely need to communicate how you feel about it.

I'm not sure if we are officially boyfriend and girlfriend yet, but what I do know is that I definitely want to be her boyfriend, I think she's fantastic, so it's just a matter of whether she feels the same way about me. Should I tell her how I feel about her? How should I go about this?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm not sure if we are officially boyfriend and girlfriend yet, but what I do know is that I definitely want to be her boyfriend, I think she's fantastic, so it's just a matter of whether she feels the same way about me. Should I tell her how I feel about her? How should I go about this?
Take her out on a nice date and at the end say it however you want.

"I think we make a good couple. We should be boyfriend and girlfriend!"

"I really enjoy the time we spend together. Let's make it official."

There's a lot of ways you can put it without having to outright ask "Will you go out with me/will you be my girlfriend" if you don't want to. No shame in asking it that way, but being more nonchalant will put you in a situation where she can't outright reject you, but you can still gauge how she feels. If she is ambiguous about it or dances around reciprocating how she feels, those are flags that she might not really be that into you.

That said, sometimes being direct is the right approach and often saves you a lot of time playing games even if it is more risky with your feelings. If I've judged what you're saying correctly, you should be honest about how you feel and it will save you time.

"I really like you and don't have want to see anyone else. How do you feel?"

Robot_Rave

Neo Member
Take her out on a nice date and at the end say it however you want.

"I think we make a good couple. We should be boyfriend and girlfriend!"

"I really enjoy the time we spend together. Let's make it official."

There's a lot of ways you can put it without having to outright ask "Will you go out with me/will you be my girlfriend" if you don't want to. No shame in asking it that way, but being more nonchalant will put you in a situation where she can't outright reject you, but you can still gauge how she feels. If she is ambiguous about it or dances around reciprocating how she feels, those are flags that she might not really be that into you.

That said, sometimes being direct is the right approach and often saves you a lot of time playing games even if it is more risky with your feelings. If I've judged what you're saying correctly, you should be honest about how you feel and it will save you time.

"I really like you and don't have want to see anyone else. How do you feel?"

Yeah I think I should just tell her how I feel about her and see what happens. Thanks for the advice.

I'm actually seeing her tomorrow, and we're planning to go to the beach next week, and she also mentioned that she's already got my birthday present when my birthday is still a month away, so she still seems interested in me, but on the other hand she's still active on the site which is a little worrying for me. Should I discuss this with her or just ignore it and just see what happens?

Way too much overanalyzing & creepy...

After a month you better be. How far is it? Base 1? 2? 3? Even if it's Base 1, you are GF&BF.

HeySeuss

Been dating the same girl from OKC for nearly four months now. Taking it slow for the most part(sex after about 3 weeks in), but we seem to be really clicking well. And that she only lives a few blocks from me is really nice, as I sleep over at her house quite regularly. I'm not pushing any labels for our relationship and just letting things develop naturally. So far so good.

Darklord

Banned
If a girl said she's not after romance she would be flat out against dating? There's one girl, we seems to like all the same stuff and from her answers she's right into sex yet her profile says no romance and "looking for friends". Should I still try and go for more than friends?

About to meet up with her here in a bit. I won't do live updates like that one guy way earlier in the thread but we'll see how it goes.

Have fun and don't shit your pants!

HeySeuss

If a girl said she's not after romance she would be flat out against dating? There's one girl, we seems to like all the same stuff and from her answers she's right into sex yet her profile says no romance and "looking for friends". Should I still try and go for more than friends?

Have fun and don't shit your pants!

She means she wants to fuck but doesn't want a relationship.

Al-ibn Kermit

I can live with that. Would that mean I need to act faster with things? Like go for a meet after a few messages, be more forward, ect? I've really only dated women who want relationships so far.

Yes. She probably wants to have sex with you on the first date if it gets that far.

mj1108

I've been dating a girl from okcupid for about a month now. Things seem to be going well, so I decide to disable my account since I don't need it anymore and I'm getting tired of the site emailing me all the time. I then discover that she's been online yesterday, and I just checked then as well and she was online only 2 hours ago. I like to believe that since she has in her profile under I'm looking for: "For new friends, activity partners, long-distance penpals" that she's only just trying to make new friends, but I get the suspicion that she isn't completely satisfied with me and is looking for someone else.

Do you now if she had anything else there before or did it always say that?

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I had some success with OKCupid
Met one girl who is still a friend.
Got a date with one girl I found to be super attractive.
A few "so so" dates that were still fun.
And a couple " OH GOD HER PICTURES WERE A LIE" dates.

Overall, OKCupid is good mostly for getting sex.

Darklord

Banned
Yes. She probably wants to have sex with you on the first date if it gets that far.

Well, if she replies to my next one, I'm confident she will as she literally said my first message was "brilliant" and organize something for next weekend. I never get meaningless dammit, it's my turn!

I found one person who I'm very interested in and she gives me a feeling because she stands out very much from the rest. We exchanged a lot of messages and we'll see where it goes. We have some huge differences among us though she seems to be a person of very high standards which I like although it could also be a point of contention.

Most profiles I see say the same stuff and I just get bored reading them, limited to the following.

Likes: Jersey Shore, 50 Shades, Big Bang Theory, the Yankees (I'm in NJ so 8/10 profiles are die hard Yankees fans. I barely even like baseball and when I watch it, I don't watch the Yankees)

Doesn't want any drama/games, not dtf, not looking for a hook-up, etc. etc. etc.

If the one girl doesn't work out, I'll probably take a break and not log on for a while.

Az987

all good things
I had my first "date" with another young lady Friday. I spent the night at her place, she paid for a pizza and we had sex. Um... yeah. Now I feel dirty. The pizza was good though.

I went to GAF on her computer but I'm pretty confident she doesn't know how to check her history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom