• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Olive Garden introduces new Breadstick Sandwiches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Olive Garden for lunch today, retirement for a colleague. Got the chicken parm sandwich. It was pretty mediocre., could have used more cheese. Would not get again. The breadstick aspect to it was ok but utterly unmemorable.

Lorcain

I .love Olive Garden breadsticks I could just sit here and eat only bread.
Where I live we have to ask for the breadsticks, they won't automatically bring them out to the table. Needless to say, it's the first thing we ask for. Bring on the delicious carb sticks.

An OG breadstick sandwich? I think I could do that. Worst case scenario, it's just 2 more breadsticks.

TTG

Let's be real, if we tested home cooking, it'd be the same if not worse :/

No, it wouldn't. Not unless your idea of home cooking includes dumping sticks of butter and cartons of heavy cream into everything, go ahead and try bringing up something as lean as chicken into the 80 range in fat. Maybe you learned to cook from her, that would make more sense:

paula-deen.jpg

zeopower6

No, it wouldn't. Not unless your idea of home cooking includes dumping sticks of butter and cartons of heavy cream into everything, go ahead and try bringing up something as lean as chicken into the 80 range in fat. Maybe you learned to cook from her, that would make more sense:

Then go do it with these same dishes? -shrug-

Data for a generic chicken parm:
0J7E7wL.png

The sandwich from Olive Garden:
Calories - 590 (from Fat - 250)
Fat - 28g (Saturated Fat - 8g)
Sodium - 1760mg
Carbs - 49g (Sugar - 5g)
Protein - 35g

Data for homemade meatball sandwich:
Calories 764
Fat 37 g
Sat Fat 15 g
Cholesterol 207 mg
Sodium 1,835 mg
Protein 53 g
Carbohydrate 54 g
Sugar 16 g
Fiber 3 g
Iron 5 mg
Calcium 653 mg

Olive Garden's:
Calories - 600 (from Fat - 350)
Fat - 39g (Saturated Fat - 18g)
Sodium - 1450mg
Carbs - 38g (Sugar - 3g)
Protein - 24g

Sure, you can cut back on stuff to make it less rich but really, I personally hate that way of cooking and would rather have the real thing than some pale imitation for the sake of calorie/fat reduction.

way more

Sounds like you must make some really awful chicken parm.

HUELEN10

For 7.99, you get all this food. I did not eat the fries, though I tried one and didn't like it, because I wanted the second bowl of soup instead. The bun is DIFFERENT than the breadsticks, it really tastes more like a breadstick-flavored breadstick if that makes any sense, and the chicken felt dense, perhaps fried too long?
N5WTxFU.jpg

AN9SUTR.jpg

Over all though, it was a decent value. Calorically, my meal was 1510 calories, but that's okay as it was my only meal for the day and I still feel full. Would I recommend going to Olive Garden for lunch for this? Sure. A burger combo with drink's gonna set you back 6-7 bucks, so why not go with a little more dough and get something that tastes better? I am not saying that this is A+ thank you Jesus grade food, but the value is there for what you get.

Don't hesitate GAF, it's legit.

Amazing how you can run a restaurant chain based on adding butter and salt to everything.

It does make everything taste better.

Even "gourmet" or high class restaurants just add a lot of butter to things to make them taste good. Fresher ingredients too though.

For 7.99, you get all this food. I did not eat the fries, though I tried one and didn't like it, because I wanted the second bowl of soup instead. The bun is DIFFERENT than the breadsticks, it really tastes more like a breadstick-flavored breadstick if that makes any sense, and the chicken felt dense, perhaps fried too long?
N5WTxFU.jpg

AN9SUTR.jpg

Over all though, it was a decent value. Calorically, my meal was 1510 calories, but that's okay as it was my only meal for the day and I still feel full. Would I recommend going to Olive Garden for lunch for this? Sure. A burger combo with drink's gonna set you back 6-7 bucks, so why not go with a little more dough and get something that tastes better? I am not saying that this is A+ thank you Jesus grade food, but the value is there for what you get.

That looks depressing. $8 for all that garbage .

zeopower6

It looks as big as I thought. Want to try both at some point.

I bet I could purchase a better Italian meal for $30.

I love it

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I went to Olive Garden for lunch today, retirement for a colleague. Got the chicken parm sandwich. It was pretty mediocre., could have used more cheese. Would not get again. The breadstick aspect to it was ok but utterly unmemorable.

Would I recommend going to Olive Garden for lunch for this? Sure. A burger combo with drink's gonna set you back 6-7 bucks, so why not go with a little more dough and get something that tastes better? I am not saying that this is A+ thank you Jesus grade food, but the value is there for what you get.

Wouldn't be a GAF thread without dissenting opinions!

Depends. Do you have a fresh roll of toilet paper waiting at home? Trust me you'll need it afterwords.

I'm going to assume your stomach is the weakest in the world.

What is it with this place and everyone having the shits?

GAF likes to poop. And talk about poop.

Alright HUENLEN, moment of truth

This, or that 30$ Italian meal

WHICH WINS

It's priced alongside other fast lunch options fairly well. Keep in mind the soups (which are yummy) and the breadsticks are unlimited.

We have all but stopped going out to restaurants since having a kid. Even a $75/week grocery budget can get you some good recipes and meals.

I guess its fine it just looks kinda sad and gross to me.

We have all but stopped going out to restaurants since having a kid. Even a $75/week grocery budget can get you some good recipes and meals.

I guess its fine it just looks kinda sad and gross to me.

Son if I want to go out and eat my weight in shitty Italian food I will do it and you will enjoy it!

Also if that looks gross to you, boy do I have some awesome pictures of a whole chicken in a can for you!

I get what you're saying, but what the hell did you expect? This isn't a thread about grocery store meals, it's a thread about a silly sandwich made by Olive Garden.

HUELEN10

You mean to tell me you ate at Olive Garden, and you didn't get the case of explosive diarrhea afterwards?

Madness!
That's an Irving legend. that Irving is a shitlord I tells ya, all his stories are made up to full gullible folk and the like.

Laz-E-Boy

Nutritional Info - Signature Breadstick Chicken Parmigiana Sandwich (sandwich only)
Sodium - 1760mg

Nutritional Info - Signature Breadstick Italian Meatball Sandwich (sandwich only)
Sodium - 1450mg

Nutritional Info - Sausage Stuffed Giant Rigatoni
Sodium - 2740mg

damn.png

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
For actual sit down restaurants, Olive garden not even close to my favorite. The bread sticks are absolute fire though. I have to try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom