• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Olympics 2024: Summer Games in Paris Official Thread

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
pESAa92.jpeg

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח

Sure, there's money going around, but there's lot of money given to the athletes too. They have sponsors so they can actually do what they do, and sorry but gymnastics or discus throwing isn't a job. People basically sponsor your hobby. Plus, you get money from your government usually if you enter a final, or win a medal. In Israel you get 1m shekels (around $250K) for a gold medal, no tax.

Fake

Gold Member
The commentators doing their best to not downplay the australian is kinda embarrassing. The american girl is so fucking good in comparison which is even sad.

Raven117

Kinda sad. People are hateful ⁠・ั⁠﹏⁠・ั⁠)
It isn’t. She entered a public forum and made a fool out of herself and country.

Australia had a great Olympics, some great swimmers, specifically, and all of that is overshadowed by the this silly performance.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
The commentators doing their best to not downplay the australian is kinda embarrassing. The american girl is so fucking good in comparison which is even sad.
The American was favored to win. She didn’t but she was a contender.

Fake

Gold Member
The American was favored to win. She didn’t but she was a contender.

She was amazing. I was kinda worry her hair could trouble her, but she got it. Did super well. The australian in the other hand is pure poop. Can't even believe how she got qualify to participate.

calistan

Since they're desperately trying to scrub the infamous breakdance off the internet, here it is on odysee

That’s actually the first time I’ve watched that crap!

They are both completely shit! The girl in the white shirt is shit, the Aussie one is shit. It’s just two people taking turns to roll around on the floor and strike poses.

The worst “sport” they have ever allowed in the olympics. Glad it’s gone, and if the Aussie’s contribution is that it’s never invited back, she’s a hero in my eyes.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
It isn’t. She entered a public forum and made a fool out of herself and country.

Australia had a great Olympics, some great swimmers, specifically, and all of that is overshadowed by the this silly performance.
I totally get roasting her online, but harassing her family? ehhh

Anyone that watched the Olympics knows Australia killed it; nobody thinks that was overshadowed by raygun 😂

Nydius

What's sad about the whole Raygun nonsense is that it shined a spotlight on all the underlying problems breaking has as a potential future olympic sport -- namely the lack of a cohesive organizational body which every other IOC-approved sport has, and the haphazard way qualifiers were run to get people in.

Although breaking was not slated for LA28 before Raygun's, performance, the end result of all her nonsense may just be that breaking never returns to the olympics.

Raven117

I totally get roasting her online, but harassing her family? ehhh

Anyone that watched the Olympics knows Australia killed it; nobody thinks that was overshadowed by raygun 😂
Yeah, no family stuff...but ehhh.

Who is getting more press? Raygun or Titmus?

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Really wish France had introduced Petanque to the olympics . It's wildly popular in france, takes a lot of skill and strategy, and its easily accessible to anyone. I think elitist sports like Fencing, equestrians, etc are not that impressive because it's so exclusive and the pool of competitors so limited. Like where the fuck do you find a velodrome to practice track cycling???

also aggresive inline skating should be introduced. I'm biased cuz I inline but it's so fun and impressive to watch IMO

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I think elitist sports like Fencing, equestrians, etc are not that impressive because it's so exclusive and the pool of competitors so limited.

Also, total bullshit to be flying horses around the world for it. Animals shouldn't be in sport, IMO. Especially since there regularly seems to be some sort of abuse of the horses exposed every few years. Certainly two Olympics in a row now.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Also, total bullshit to be flying horses around the world for it. Animals shouldn't be in sport, IMO. Especially since there regularly seems to be some sort of abuse of the horses exposed every few years. Certainly two Olympics in a row now.
They put them on ships and brought them to America, they seemed to have loved it here.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Despite those displays, which resulted in her failing to register a single point, the World DanceSport Federation released the latest rankings which had the Aussie sitting atop the list.

Raygun was catapulted into the world number one ranking thanks to the 1000 points she claimed for winning the WDSF Oceania Championship which booked her a spot in the Olympics.

Four Aussie’s find themselves inside the top eight on the list with Holy Molly (4), Hannah (5) and G-Clef (8) joining Raygun.

The three women who took home the medals in Paris failed to appear on the list with no points offered for the world rankings.

lol I felt I had to fact check this

Top Bottom