• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Olympics 2024: Summer Games in Paris Official Thread

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
kitty-falling-asleep

diffusionx

Gold Member
Finally the IOC did their job and made up enough sports/events that the US can surpass China in the medal chart. And they're going to go even further in 2028 with flag football lmao.

calistan

First Tom Cruise's smoke gadget didn't work, then he gets asssualted by a fat chick! At least he didn't crash the motorcycle.

k7v9MpT.jpeg

HAYA8U5A

Can’t tell me they could have flown RHCP / Dre and Billie to perform for them in Paris ?

It is about passing the Olympics off to the next host not taking part in the Paris ceremonies and what is always done. Just like Paris had stuff outside the Eiffel Tower during the Tokyo closing ceremony.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Final updates.

over all the games were great. Paris was a great backdrop and the crowds being back was amazing. The French get a lot of crap and rightfully so. Paris is a beautiful city and French politics is in a terrible place. But they ran some great games.

You going to be okay AJUMP? You have been living these games for two weeks!

And thanks for keeping the thread updated

I had a good time i will just go back to posting in other topics. I enjoy the weird sports the stories the athlete and my country. The current state of America gets on my nerves but we do some incredible things and have some incredible people.

Raven117

Final updates.

over all the games were great. Paris was a great backdrop and the crowds being back was amazing. The French get a lot of crap and rightfully so. Paris is a beautiful city and French politics is in a terrible place. But they ran some great games.

I had a good time i will just go back to posting in other topics. I enjoy the weird sports the stories the athlete and my country. The current state of America gets on my nerves but we do some incredible things and have some incredible people.

That we do man. And with the LA Olympics next up, it will be wild.

Thanks again man!

RAÏSanÏa

glad I looked up this aussie "break dancer"

0d3h3slx6ohd1.gif

even dressed up as a soccer mom ROFL
That routine looking planned out makes it even funnier.

...walking swimmer, to backflip fake, drop to buttslide, roll to draw me like one of your french girls, pac man x2, then a backward attempt at the only recognizable dance move to me The Coffee Grinder.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I have no doubt there are a shitload of dopers at the Olympics, particularly from countries where athletic success is politically or financially important.

Obviously there will be variations according to how strict/corrupt a country's anti-doping regime is, but when you take Russia out of the equation, the world leader in doping offences has long been the United States.
Without a doubt 100% of the US track and field athletes are doping. The hypocrisy can be painful at times

Zathalus

Finally the IOC did their job and made up enough sports/events that the US can surpass China in the medal chart. And they're going to go even further in 2028 with flag football lmao.
What events are those exactly? Skateboarding and breakdancing had the US win no golds.

SJRB

Gold Member

Absolutely savage takedown. Look at this:

Raygun is everything wrong with modern academia.

Carve out a niche so narrow that you become the de facto expert, sprinkle in a tad of identity politics and radical race theory, and you have a career.

Her abstract has all the academic buzzwords wielded by teachers with low IQs, who have realised regurgitating nonsense can pay the bills.

HoodWinked

Not sure which country benefits the most from Russia dropping out. Next Summer Olympics the US is hosting so will be interesting how high total medals will get maybe even 200+

JzJkf6I.png

ZgCOvgm.png

33DC5lX.png

calistan

Not sure which country benefits the most from Russia dropping out. Next Summer Olympics the US is hosting so will be interesting how high total medals will get maybe even 200+

JzJkf6I.png

ZgCOvgm.png

33DC5lX.png
There's the 'host country bounce' to consider. You can see it in France's improvement in overall medal count this time, and Japan's success over the last two. Countries usually invest a shitload in sports when they have a home Olympics to prepare for.

Here in Britain there has been talk about the decline in the country's gold medals, but the overall medal count has been steady - a lot of near misses, and the transition to a new generation of athletes as the London 2012 ones (29 gold, 65 overall) begin to drop out. In 1996 Britain was 36th in the table with just one gold.

Looks like the Russian medals have been spread around fairly evenly though.

calistan

Without a doubt 100% of the US track and field athletes are doping. The hypocrisy can be painful at times

Good video, if slightly depressing.

"In a 100m race the use of PEDs will make you 2-4m faster. You can't even get anywhere near the final of an Olympic 100m race without doing something."

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
well, that's a pretty good passing of the flag. I hope we're going to see a good opening show in 4 years. Hollywood you better get your shit straight.

ah, LA my hometown. they're not gonna be swimming in the LA river, I'll tell you that much. that thing will be dry as a bone. and let's see how much they'll clean up the homeless situation. the traffic will definitely be a shit show also. I think I heard something about the mayor of LA asking people to avoid driving during the Olympics, HA! that's a good one. as if anyone would listen. I'm just glad that I work from home and can avoid what would surely be nightmare traffic. in any case, I might get more excited for the game now that it's actually coming to me. just not looking forward to the huge increase in tourists thou. those 2 weeks will definitely be best spending at home.

calistan

Court of Arbitration for Sport upholds the decision regarding Jordan Chiles, a US gymnast who was upgraded to a bronze medal on appeal, then stripped of it after a counter-appeal by the Romanian federation - on the grounds that the initial appeal was filed four seconds too late.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Court of Arbitration for Sport upholds the decision regarding Jordan Chiles, a US gymnast who was upgraded to a bronze medal on appeal, then stripped of it after a counter-appeal by the Romanian federation - on the grounds that the initial appeal was filed four seconds too late.

Tough for Jordan.

Top Bottom