• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Direction - Take Me Home |OT| The Return of The Kings, The Beatles hew?

talk to me when the pretenders occupy the top 5 on the hot 100.

o wait, they won't.

tumblr_mct9yqNSFk1r26jxbo1_500.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
I like "C'mon C'mon"... I need to give the whole album a listen before I decide whether they are 'beatles hew' worthy.

But I like them.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I have no actual idea what is happening in this thread. Is this some super insane popular boy band from the UK who is gay? they surpassed the Beetles without me ever knowing they exist? Am I being trolled?

Help me understand what do

kingslunk

Beatles wrote their own music and played their own instruments. Thread title is awful. Some boy band no one is going to care about in 5-10 years.

I have no actual idea what is happening in this thread. Is this some super insane popular boy band from the UK who is gay? they surpassed the Beetles without me ever knowing they exist? Am I being trolled?

Yes

No*

A little bit

Edit: Beaten

Beatles wrote their own music and played their own instruments. Thread title is awful. Some boy band no one is going to care about in 5-10 years.

Pretty sure thats the point lol.

Munin

So Gaffers really like this nonsense? Is it like the MLP thing where you pretend to like some really retarded shit so you can seem all different and unique?

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I watched a video and a few seconds of another one....I cant do this. If I was a 13 year old girl possibly, but I am turning a deaf ear for now.

CloudWolf

Some One Direction fans compare them to the Beatles because both are UK (boy)bands that are immensely popular in the US. The comparison ends there though, because there's no way in hell 1D is or will ever be as influential and culturally significant as The Beatles.

DMeisterJ

Banned
So Gaffers really like this nonsense? Is it like the MLP thing where you pretend to like some really retarded shit so you can seem all different and unique?

No, it's pop music.

If you like pop, then you will like them. Not a hard concept to grasp.

ir4aI.gif

Some One Direction fans compare them to the Beatles because both are UK (boy)bands that are immensely popular in the US. The comparison ends there though, because there's no way in hell 1D is or will ever be as influential and culturally significant as The Beatles.
lol. I don't think you quite get it yet.

Switters

As a musician in good standing with the United States of America's good taste in music initiative [GTIMI] I hereby invoke article 36 of the Bartleby-Hoak convocation wherein it is stated that One Direction are agents of an angry Devil-God who lost the ability to hear or appreciate music and demand for the good of all mankind that this thread be locked from space.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How can you say no?

also say what you like about 1D....they are far more talented than Bieber or Selena

I don't know anything about either. I was just curious. I will say the Selena girl's face looks like it's sinking to the bottom of her head.

Also all these guys hair are styled to the same direction. Is that on purpose?

I don't know anything about either. I was just curious. I will say the Selena girl's face looks like it's sinking to the bottom of her head.

Also all these guys hair are styled to the same direction. Is that on purpose?

Ummm not sure on the hair thing lol.

It use to be worse. They have mixed it up a bit now.

AntoneM

Lol, every band with actual talent that has been called bigger than the Beatles has not been bigger than the Beatles. I don't expect some corporate creation to make a dent let alone "usurp".

Seriously, thread title is LOL. And that stat about biggest ever something for a UK band in America... you do know that when the Beatles existed there were 1/2 as many people in the US.

This thread punched my "you mad" button.

Lol, every band with actual talent that has been called bigger than the Beatles has not been bigger than the Beatles. I don't expect some corporate creation to make a dent let alone "usurp".

Seriously, thread title is LOL. And that stat about biggest ever something for a UK band in America... you do know that when the Beatles existed there were 1/2 as many people in the US.

This thread punched my "you mad" button.

Someone finally gets it.

iivE5.gif

Kyon

Banned
The INSECT Stans should be GREATFUL The Kings respect your faves. I'm sure Paul Mcartney appreciates the free promo.

They were relevant in what the 60's or something? What kind of DUST MITES?

DISMISSED

i7ujGzU1OzLbr.gif

The INSECT Stans should be GREATFUL The Kings respect your faves. I'm sure Paul Mcartney appreciates the free promo.

DISMISSSSEED!!!

ibx6BNti7d541r.gif

You sir....are far braver than I......

GCYc7.jpg

Tuck

The songs have like, zero lyrical value (Basically the same song sung 13 different ways).

But damn some of the songs are catchy.

DISMISSED

i7ujGzU1OzLbr.gif
still relevant 40 years after breaking up.

2nd best sellers of past decade? The Beatles

forever shitting on your faves.

you're not ready for this.

tumblr_mct9yqNSFk1r26jxbo1_500.gif

Salsa

oh my god seriously is pop gaf like 90% gifs. It's ridiculous.

I dont see one post discussing anything about the album

I have nothing against popgaf and I get that it can be and is legitimate music that people enjoy beyond just finding the members of the band hot or whatever, I myself enjoy a lot of pop music, but you really arent helping your argument against the rest of GAF when all you do is post a shit ton of gifs of said members doing stupid shit

oh my god seriously is pop gaf like 90% gifs. It's ridiculous.

I dont see one post discussing anything about the album

Give it time. Album isn't out yet.

We have been discussing it for weeks in popgaf thread.....

We are just getting the pleasantries out of the way.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I'm holding out on the music discussion cause I want to write a review first. But there have been people discussing the album.

Top Bottom