• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Direction - Take Me Home |OT| The Return of The Kings, The Beatles hew?

Bladenic

None of the Monkee's were working with this though.
HsYHz.jpg

Just sayin.

What kind of flat ass worshipping?

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
so is there any value in this Official Thread? Seems like the title basically destroyed any chance of it.

Fusebox

Banned
The difference is 1D MATTERS and the INSECTS are ROTTING on the DIRT in the ground.

Poor Bugs

Much like all the other boy bands before them I predict 1D will be long forgotten even before they're dead.

Meanwhile The Beatles just keep on keepin on from beyond the grave.

Nlroh

The lack of Niall here is disgusting.

Niall > Harry > Louis > zayn >>>>> Liam

The ow in heart attack is ridiculously funny and sexy.

The lack of Niall here is disgusting.

Niall > Harry > Louis > zayn >>>>> Liam

The ow in heart attack is ridiculously funny and sexy.

Hrm. Interesting.

For me. Normal Zayn>Harry=Liam>Louis>Niall>Emo Zayn

I am very hot and cold with Zayn as you can see.

But he's so cute. I like 1d because of his cuteness, and I don't even like pop music.

Lol thats common.

They are pretty hilarious and cute imo. They interview VERY well.

Plus the mystery. How can anyone act so gay....yet be straight (supposedly)? It is a great mystery.

Servbot24

Banned
Is this album actually good? Don't think I've heard their studio stuff but they seemed a bit shit from the X-Factor the other night (didn't see their original UK run).
For reference, Carly Rae Jepsen is in my top 5 of the year and I'm assuming K$ will be too.

Is this album actually good? Don't think I've heard their studio stuff but they seemed a bit shit from the X-Factor the other night (didn't see their original UK run).
For reference, Carly Rae Jepsen is in my top 5 of the year and I'm assuming K$ will be too.

If you like them and not 1D I don't know what to say.

Their album is pretty standard pop music.....similar to their first in a lot of ways.

Nlroh

Lol thats common.

They are pretty hilarious and cute imo. They interview VERY well.

Plus the mystery. How can anyone act so gay....yet be straight (supposedly)? It is a great mystery.

Their interviews are awesome, all of them are funny and interesting. sometimes I can't believe I'm a fan of a boy band...

C4Lukins

So what happened to you guys and gals love of New Kids on the Block? Or Backstreet Boys and N'Sync? Do you just move on to the new shitty teenage band or do you keep up with the old ones and their reunion tours as well? Is it like a Matrix circular thing where they keep destroying themselves and you bring them back hoping this time it will stick and you can defeat evil? Are you going to be as enthusiastic about 198 degreess as you were 98 degrees?

Tomodachi

I like how when it comes to music people seem to be unable to comprehend how could someone listen to light, easy listening stuff just to keep them company during something, or how they could like a group for their appearances, personalities, etc. Music is art, blah blah blah, true music is this, true music is that, you need instruments, you need to be fucking Beethoven, etc.
The same people who play videogames (usually zero art or cultural depth involved), watch action or superheroes movies (usually zero art or cultural depth involved), read fantasy books (usually zero art or cultural depth involved), spend a fortune on those forms of entertainment. Music? Totally different thing tho. Music is super-serious shit. No fun allowed, you're a dumb person if you listen to Katy Perry, and so on. Isn't it weird?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
So what happened to you guys and gals love of New Kids on the Block? Or Backstreet Boys and N'Sync? Do you just move on to the new shitty teenage band or do you keep up with the old ones and their reunion tours as well? Is it like a Matrix circular thing where they keep destroying themselves and you bring them back hoping this time it will stick and you can defeat evil? Are you going to be as enthusiastic about 198 degreess as you were 98 degrees?
Boy bands don't last, there will always be a new group to take the spot of the old, its always been like this and I don't see it changing because the appeal wears off. No one is pretending 1D is going to be here 5 years from now but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy them while they are here, gotta live while we are young.

kingslunk

I like how when it comes to music people seem to be unable to comprehend how could someone listen to light, easy listening stuff just to keep them company during something, or how they could like a group for their appearances, personalities, etc. Music is art, blah blah blah, true music is this, true music is that, you need instruments, you need to be fucking Beethoven, etc.
The same people who play videogames (usually zero art or cultural depth involved), watch action or superheroes movies (usually zero art or cultural depth involved), read fantasy books (usually zero art or cultural depth involved), spend a fortune on those forms of entertainment. Music? Totally different thing tho. Music is super-serious shit. No fun allowed, you're a dumb person if you listen to Katy Perry, and so on. Isn't it weird?

That's not why people get angry that people listen to bubble gum trash like this one direction. People get mad because the amount of money and popularity they have when there are millions of more talented bands that don't get nearly the amount of recognition they do. And people like me sit here with our hands up going why are you listening to this shit when there's so much better music out there. Which leads us to say why aren't you looking for better music because its clearly out there. So that leads us begin asking why they aren't and most people come to the conclusion and start calling people dumb. I, however, think its lack of exposure and thats why I generally try and tell people about other music.

Kurita

Thing is some people don't really respect some artists if they're not the ones "creating" their stuff (i.e writing lyrics, music...).
I know I can't appreciate mainstream pop music for this reason. I mainly listen to rock so... heh.

EDIT : + I agree with kingslunk.

*yawns*

Morning all.

Anyways. Haters gunna hate. As Marius said.....lets just enjoy the ride. They may not be around in 5 years (TBH most artists in EVERY genre disappear in that time except a select few) but who cares?

highrider

Banned
Has it already gotten to the this music has no value artistically, and it takes attention away from that electronic group I love but nobody had heard of phase? * yawns*

Top Bottom