• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Those percentages given by Oda and his editors are always hilarious. First it's a 5 year project, then the series was halfway done in Vol. 24, then it's halfway done with the time skip.

As long as Oda thinks of new ideas to put into OP nobody can predict when it's going to be finished.

I think the have way point was fishmen island because

It's the half way point in the world

YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
No chapter this week.
th

Lunar15

If there is one thing I'm noticing in the New World it's that all the Emperors except for Blackbeard are being targeted.

He's kind of a wild card. I feel like people don't know how to gague his strength yet. Also, Oda has to give him a wide birth in order for him to build up his supply of Devil's Fruits.

That said, who's targeting Big Mom? Luffy told her off, but it really seems like his and law's main target at this point is Kaido.

Jigolo

He's kind of a wild card. I feel like people don't know how to gague his strength yet. Also, Oda has to give him a wide birth in order for him to build up his supply of Devil's Fruits.

That said, who's targeting Big Mom? Luffy told her off, but it really seems like his and law's main target at this point is Kaido.
We have one possibility if I remember correctly. Wasn't there three alliances formed - Law/Luffy, Kid/Apoo/Hawkins and one more group, no? Although I don't think the last groups intentions were made clear they could possibly be going for Mom.

Eh it's all fuzzy

Before his alliance, Kid was actively attacking Big Mom's ships.

We have one possibility if I remember correctly. Wasn't there three alliances formed - Law/Luffy, Kid/Apoo/Hawkins and one more group, no? Although I don't think the last groups intentions were made clear they could possibly be going for Mom.

Eh it's all fuzzy

Urogue is chillin on some Cloud, Capone is supposedly allied with Big Mom herself, X Drake with Kaido, and Bonney is eating pizza in pizzaland.

I think that's everyone.

Lunar15

Before his alliance, Kid was actively attacking Big Mom's ships.

Ah, that's true.

Anyway, I'm sure lots of fools are lining up to fight all of the Emperors. We just don't know or care about these people.

EDIT: Well, if it's worth anything, Bonney immediately targeted Blackbeard after the war. No idea if she's still pursuing that since the timeskip, though.

Chariot

Ah, that's true.

Anyway, I'm sure lots of fools are lining up to fight all of the Emperors. We just don't know or care about these people.
I don't know, I like it. The world is moving and Ruffy is not the only rising star on the horizon. It's nice to have a class of pirates that are not the high end, but have still a lot of growth potential. Opposed to just stronger pirates appear to get smacked until an even more powerful group appears.

Lunar15

I don't know, I like it. The world is moving and Ruffy is not the only rising star on the horizon. It's nice to have a class of pirates that are not the high end, but have still a lot of growth potential. Opposed to just stronger pirates appear to get smacked until an even more powerful group appears.

No, I just mean that I'm sure it's implied that the emperors are always fending off attempts to take them down, it's just all off screen and not about any characters we've been introduced to or ever will be.

Ah, that's true.

EDIT: Well, if it's worth anything, Bonney immediately targeted Blackbeard after the war. No idea if she's still pursuing that since the timeskip, though.

Bonney might still be targeting Blackbeard. We've seen her wandering about and keeping up to date with the news. Maybe she's waiting for an opportunity to strike back at the Blackbeard Pirates.

Lunar15

Dragon is gonna wreck some fools. I wish we could have seen his reaction to Luffy punching Saint Charlos.

Huh, now that I think about it, I WOULD have liked to have seen the Revolutionaries' reactions to luffy punching a Noble.

I'm sure it wasn't published in the news, though.

Huh, now that I think about it, I WOULD have liked to have seen the Revolutionaries' reactions to luffy punching a Noble.

I'm sure it wasn't published in the news, though.
True, but I wouldn't be surprised if Dragon found out somehow.

Hopefully a solid "fuck yeah" when they finally meet.

Dugna

I actually hope that the story doesn't go off the deep end like that....I just want a story that's grounded in something, Naruto went batshit and Bleach is bleh it's why I don't read of watch those anymore.

I actually hope that the story doesn't go off the deep end like that....I just want a story that's grounded in something, Naruto went batshit and Bleach is bleh it's why I don't read of watch those anymore.

Hmm? I'm curious what you mean when you say "go of the deep end". The One Piece world is already a crazy, fantasy world literally is the deep end.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That's a damn good article. Makes so much sense too.

Space wouldn't be out of place. It's been set up with Eneru's cover story.

Yo, I had no idea Vegapunk and the machinist from Eneru's cover story were from the same island! Damn, that's cool. The article mentions Vegapunk potentially using the moon civilization/ancient civilization's tech as the basis for all of his inventions.

Cool shit.

This is an amazing read, Bishop.

The "D" pictogram half-moon theory is blowing my mind (I'm new to One Piece theory, so this might be an old one).

Seesaw15

I guess space is almost always going to be "the deep end."

I don't know. I could totally see Oda pulling off some Gurren Lagann sea of despair type space ocean. So I really wouldn't say space is the deep end since the crew already went to Skypieda and met angels then went to Thriller Bark and ran into zombies. But I feel you that mixing a romantic pirate adventure with hard sci-fi elements would be off without a good reason. Either way in Oda we trust.
iOyz6zS.png

Grexeno

I don't even know if I'll be able to handle the eventual Luffy vs. Kaido or Luffy vs. Big Mom, much less Luffy vs. motherfuckin Blackbeard.

Jigolo

I have to read that post so fricken vad maybe tomorrow

Shit is cray is fuck oda is a genius this shouldn't surprise me I never want to. Be one of odas editors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom