• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's apparently a bad translation, and what he was really saying is that he's been hearing so much about Luffy lately that he feels he knows enough for now

Fair enough. It seems we always get a poor translation before a good one.
I really hope they don't skip the fight at Vertigo and show the aftermath in 100 chapters. I want to see one side or the other get rect.

Fair enough. It seems we always get a poor translation before a good one.
I really hope they don't skip the fight at Vertigo and show the aftermath in 100 chapters. I want to see one side or the other get rect.
That's because manga panda is a shitty translator, and they translate from Chinese scans so there is a second degree of separation from the original Japanese. I tend to use them as an early chapter and the official release in English shonen jump for actually decent translations. Also I look to Japanese speakers on forums I visit

Yeah, that was obviously a poor translation. That's why the scene shows Sabo.

Please don't base your thoughts on the quick translations. They're first for a reason.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Well this chapter certainly explains what that Revolutionary Army script on Oda's desk was about.

If we're going from 1000 year old elephant -> Revolutionary Army vs. Blackbeard -> Whole Cake Island like those books suggested then that means that Luffy is going to be fucking with every Yonkou that isn't Shanks back to back to back. Right after taking down Doflamingo.

Shit is going to be impossibly real for pretty much the entire rest of the franchise.

Well this chapter certainly explains what that Revolutionary Army script on Oda's desk was about.

If we're going from 1000 year old elephant -> Revolutionary Army vs. Blackbeard -> Whole Cake Island like those books suggested then that means that Luffy is going to be fucking with every Yonkou that isn't Shanks back to back to back. Right after taking down Doflamingo.

Shit is going to be impossibly real for pretty much the entire rest of the franchise.
I really don't see Luffy being involved in that conflict. Also Blackbeard is most likely going to be the final boss of the series, I wouldn't expect Luffy to fight him anytime soon

Lunar15

I think people misinterpret those books. People seem to think that they're arcs, but I just think they're data compilations. He has a book about ideas for Zou, a book about all the ideas he's had for the revolutionary army, a book about all the ideas he's had for Big Mom, etc, etc.

I think people misinterpret those books. People seem to think that they're arcs, but I just think they're data compilations. He has a book about ideas for Zou, a book about all the ideas he's had for the revolutionary army, a book about all the ideas he's had for Big Mom, etc, etc.
I agree. Especially since one book was on gear 4

Chariot

Yeah, the implication is that Sabo wouldn't shut up about Luffy lol
Yup, this is how I understood it. He isn't #1 Dad, but he put high hopes in him in Logue Town and is probably pretty happy with the actions of his son against the government, even if not intended to help the revolution.

Oxn

Yup, this is how I understood it. He isn't #1 Dad, but he put high hopes in him in Logue Town and is probably pretty happy with the actions of his son against the government, even if not intended to help the revolution.

I dont understand why he didnt say hi to him when he was jus 1 foot away in loguetown

Wonder why he is keeping himself distant from Luffy

Chariot

I dont understand why he didnt say hi to him when he was jus 1 foot away in loguetown

Too much too explain? He left his son alone from young age, that's not done with "Hi son, bye son."

Why would it?
Swordguy that is probably the strongest without quirky gimmick abilities. Smells like Zoro league.

Oxn

Too much too explain? He left his son alone from young age, that's not done with "Hi son, bye son."

Swordguy that is probably the strongest without quirky gimmick abilities. Smells like Zoro league.

I just didnt think this chapter prove or disprove zoro vs shiliew

I hope Luffy's mother is just dead and we find out about it via an offhand comment, and that's it.

You animal

Majukun

probably because at that point in time associeate himself with luffy would spell death for luffy himself...remember that garp told him to keep this a secret,and was ok with sengoku telling it to the world only because luffy was already a big criminal by that point..
if dragon acted like a father there and some marine noticed,then luffy would have found akainu instead of laboon descending from the reverse mountain

don't get me wrong..he isn't a caring father by any stretch,probably his revolution means much mroe than luffy will ever do..but back at logue town acing like that was totally justified...

Chariot

I hope Luffy's mother is just dead and we find out about it via an offhand comment, and that's it.
When did any pirate franchise with a funny pirate captain with a respected an dangerous father done that? Ever?
I just didnt think this chapter prove or disprove zoro vs shiliew
True. Plus, One Piece isn't so hard on one on one fights anymore.
probably because at that point in time associeate himself with luffy would spell death for luffy himself...remember that garp told him to keep this a secret,and was ok with sengoku telling it to the world only because luffy was already a big criminal by that point..
if dragon acted like a father there and some marine noticed,then luffy would have found akainu instead of laboon descending from the reverse mountain

don't get me wrong..he isn't a caring father by any stretch,probably his revolution means much mroe than luffy will ever do..but back at logue town acing like that was totally justified...
Great, now I see Akainu submerging from the water, realizing he is a df user and then drown.

If Zorro doesn't fight him one on one I will eat a nacho hat.

Unless Oda is really having fun that month and decided Zorro vs Auger and Usopp vs Shiliew

Veelk

Banned
When did any pirate franchise with a funny pirate captain with a respected an dangerous father done that? Ever?
c113797208e91e33c382a34e79541c75.jpg

To be honest, I could see Shiliew being Zoro's final opponent before Mihawk.

I was hoping Zorro would defeat Mihawk first. It would be nice to see him accomplish his goal and then have to defend it some before the ending. Mihawk has been set up as the final opponent for so long I'd like to see someone else be the last swordsman he fights.

Veelk

Banned
I see it more as a second in command type of thing.

Zoro is second to Luffy in the crew which is pretty obvious by this point.

The reason Zoro always fights the number 2's isn't because they're number 2's, but because he's specifically looking to be a better swordsman, so he fights the other swordsman. Why swordsman are always number 2's is Oda's contrivance, but if Law and Luffy had become enemies instead of allies, I think Zoro still would have fought him or wanted to fight him despite Law being captain.

bjork

My line of thinking was that if BB is the captain then the second captain would be someone directly below. Might not be the case.

Anyway, I was wrong! Jesus B is the first captain apparently. Poop.

iirc, it got mentioned in regard to Whitebeard's crew. He had a bunch of different division leaders, but it wasn't numbered by level of strength, nor by rank in the organization.

I'm trying to think of other first mates. Ben Beckman for sure, but the rest are fuzzy at the moment, heh.

The reason Zoro always fights the number 2's isn't because they're number 2's, but because he's specifically looking to be a better swordsman, so he fights the other swordsman. Why swordsman are always number 2's is Oda's contrivance, but if Law and Luffy had become enemies instead of allies, I think Zoro still would have fought him or wanted to fight him despite Law being captain.
Why then did Zoro leave Doflamingo to Luffy? He was constantly saying "hurry up Luffy" when he was perfectly capable of helping him after getting rid of Pica. Zoro delegates the responsibility to the captain.

Oda loves his matchups and patterns.

Lunar15

I think one of the most hilarious moments in Dressrosa, for me, was when it became clear that Zoro was going to fight Pica and I thought "oh, boy a fight where Zoro isn't facing a swordsman!".

Then Pica pulls out a big ass sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom