• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
More like privateers. Semantics is all it is. They're still pirates at heart.

Veelk

Banned
More like privateers. Semantics is all it is. They're still pirates at heart.
Privateers were pirates that still did piratey things, just under the sanctions of the government. Meaning they loot and plunder and so on. What buggy seems to be running is a mercenary group.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Aren't Shichibukai required to give up their crew? Seems like he just hired them on as a "non-crew", finding a loophole to that.

Chariot

I love this. More ramifications from the Fall of Domingo. I think not even Whitebeards death had so many immediate consequences. The wheels are turning wild now.
One of those Blackbeard commanders certainly has some Nazi vibes
That's the former Impel Down Comnander, so, yeah.

IHaveIce

Banned
Seriously I just want a Shanks/luffy's friends reaction chapter on the new bounties now and it was one fantastic year of One Piece

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I love this. More ramifications from the Fall of Domingo. I think not even Whitebeards death had so many immediate consequences. The wheels are turning wild now.
That's the former Impel Down Comnander, so, yeah.

well he was basically the top dog in the criminal underworld/supply chain of the new world.

Probably also the source for Baroque Works' bomb.

Chariot

well he was basically the top dog in the criminal underworld/supply chain of the new world.

Probably also the source for Baroque Works' bomb.
Yes, and this is amazing. So far the ripples of the Strawhats victories on the scale of the world were rather small. Usually we get just people reacting without acting and maybe some small shift in the marines. But this is bigger than ever.

Majukun

Aren't Shichibukai required to give up their crew? Seems like he just hired them on as a "non-crew", finding a loophole to that.
no they are not,where did you get that?we just saw doflamkingo having the same crew throughout his whole life

actually,everyone under the shichibukai gets a pardon...including the crew

SolVanderlyn

no they are not,where did you get that?we just saw doflamkingo having the same crew throughout his whole life

actually,everyone under the shichibukai gets a pardon...including the crew
Oh... I wonder why I thought that.

Wonder if Mihawk ever had a crew then...?

Chariot

Maybe Mihawks crew was killed over time and he never replaced them. In any case I think it's dangerous to not have a doctor around. You can be as good as you want with a blade, but you can't cut scurvy or common cold.

BB vs Revs going to be interesting .
Looking forward to seeing the rest of the revs .
Robin was cute this chapter and buggy was his rent out pirates lol .

Chariot

I think Blackbeard is going to have his ass handed to him. I view him as a kind off negative of a shounen protagonist who keeps getting his ass kicked but always gets back on his feet, similiar to how his fruit works.

Yeah it seems the suspected Luffy's mom made another cameo in this chapter.

It also seems like it really is setting up for Buggy to become a Yonko down the line.

One-Piece-buggy-the-clown-18071995-640-480.jpg

I think Blackbeard is going to have his ass handed to him. I view him as a kind off negative of a shounen protagonist who keeps getting his ass kicked but always gets back on his feet, similiar to how his fruit works.

I can see him getting beat but still getting some weapons or something like that .
Sometimes even when BB get beat he still comes out with what he wants .

Syntsui

Robin shipping dragons and Dragon interested in Robin's state = Robin is actually Dragon's wife = Robin is Luffy's mother = BOOOM.

Amazing chapter overall, and we alrerady know the next arc will be a Revolutionary arc so we will definetly get a BB vs Dragon fight. Shit will be ridiculous.

ffdgh

I'm gonna miss the fanboys...and lol at Robin's brief moments of innocence when looking at that dragon. It was nice finally seeing Buggy and Mr.3 again. Revolutionaries vs black beard pirates...

Law is still being corrupted by the straw hats it seems...or he legit likes ninjas.
KuGsj.gif

Chariot

I can see him getting beat but still getting some weapons or something like that .
Sometimes even when BB get beat he still comes out with what he wants .
Right. In any case they hurt the rebels a lot just by discovering their location. They now have to hurry away and move to a new lair. They can't know after all if and who BB told about this island. Maybe the BB pirates salvage everything the revs have to leave behind and maybe they could make that island even their base of operations.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I like that Robin just has really fucked up tastes. It really complements her super dark comments regarding the status of the rest of the crew.

Also another good chapter. Seems like Oda couldn't wait for Dressrosa to be over either.

Buggy looks like a real villain right now. It's pretty cool.

795- onward has been hype like i can't even grasp everything that's happening.

We've gotten kaido,luffy vs Fujitora scuffle, 5600 strawhats,Bounties, sanji wanted alive,Zou is a freaking moving elephant,cp9 is freaking back(well lucci and kaku so far),Edward weeble is a monster of a 7th warlord, Dragon got more than one page(last time was like lougetown) Bb pirates vs rev's, Ninjas!!!(incoming naruto jokes i promise u)

Nightbird

795- onward has been hype like i can't even grasp everything that's happening.

We've gotten kaido,luffy vs Fujitora scuffle, 5600 strawhats,Bounties, sanji wanted alive,Zou is a freaking moving elephant,cp9 is freaking back(well lucci and kaku so far),Edward weeble is a monster of a 7th warlord, Dragon got more than one page(last time was like lougetown) Bb pirates vs rev's, Ninjas!!!(incoming naruto jokes i promise u)

Seriously.
This is what I love about the times between the arcs

Syntsui

Was I the only one under the impression that Laffite/Shiryu actually want to kill Burgess? I got some weird vibes from their conversation, these guys are savages.

I should note that i also like how luffy beating the bad guy really had a big effect on the world .
With countries falling thanks to don not being around , most of the time when he beat the bad guy it only effect the place where he is .
Shows he will be involve with more world changing events .

Chariot

And i gotta admit my opinion of zou has changed drastically now. Im more hyped than ever about it, minks,ninjas a 1000 year old elephant?! Clearly we're getting a history lesson either throughout the arc or after
Leading directly into the revolutionary arc, since their broader intentions are most likely connected to said history. Truly Goda.

Leading directly into the revolutionary arc, since their broader intentions are most likely connected to said history. Truly Goda.
Yup, one pieces tone is drastically changing now its no longer small fry, literally every move the strawhats make now will be very important. We now have two full factions preparing for war. Rev army and kaido. You have the Blackbeard pirates going after the revs,its crazy

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Robin shipping dragons and Dragon interested in Robin's state = Robin is actually Dragon's wife = Robin is Luffy's mother = BOOOM.

Amazing chapter overall, and we alrerady know the next arc will be a Revolutionary arc so we will definetly get a BB vs Dragon fight. Shit will be ridiculous.
She is only 11 years older than Luffy, dude.

SolVanderlyn

I hope Luffy's mom ends up being someone new and not like, Gold Roger's sister or something like that.

Ace being Roger's son was cool and all, but there's been enough chosen child of prophecy stuff already.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Chariman Buggy! Seems he's doing very well for himself now. Mohji got faaaat.
Oh hey, Dragon. He looks a lot older now. I mean it's been two years but still. I guess the stress of trying to overturn the government has gotten to him.

See ya Bartolomeo, I imagine he'll be back for a major battle arc.

Ninja! I love that even Law reacted with joy (well, as much joy as he can possibly show)

Lunar15

Oh my god, Buggy is Big Boss.

Also, I like how Blackbeard has real ships now, but they still have wooden raft logs on the sides. Silly little detail.

Nightbird

And i gotta admit my opinion of zou has changed drastically now. Im more hyped than ever about it, minks,ninjas a 1000 year old elephant?! Clearly we're getting a history lesson either throughout the arc or after

Yeah, Zou will be hype.
(I still don't want it to be as long as Dressrosa though haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom