• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kornflayx

the workplace pictures also had a picture where we saw four of Odas scripts

172304438741494.jpg

So, Zou is next, obviously. It says Revolutionary Army above the Dragon, so a Revo arc after Zou? Would be awesome. And then Big Mom on Whole Cake Island.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So I guess he scripts his work way ahead of time. Is that normal for mangaka?

inb4 not for kubo

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

inb4 not for kubo

Most do at least a couple of weeks from what we've learned over the years. There are a few manga that have been fairly meticulously plotted out over the years, FMA being a good example.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
the workplace pictures also had a picture where we saw four of Odas scripts

172304438741494.jpg

So, Zou is next, obviously. It says Revolutionary Army above the Dragon, so a Revo arc after Zou? Would be awesome. And then Big Mom on Whole Cake Island.

I suddenly got ridiculously hype looking at that and reading your post.

Oh my god I have to go outside for a bit.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

inb4 not for kubo
Depends. Arakawa basically had all of FMA planned out from the start. Oda has always known where he was going to be taking OP and how it will end and who the players are, but he also expands his world building over time, resulting in a series that has much more along the way than originally planned (all of these new events and arcs get planned out in advance though).

And then you have people like Akira Toriyama who more or less make things up as they go. The intended main villain of the cell saga went from being Dr. Gero himself to androids 17 and 18 to Cell, for instance.

Depends. Arakawa basically had all of FMA planned out from the start. Oda has always known where he was going to be taking OP and how it will end and who the players are, but he also expands his world building over time, resulting in a series that has much more along the way than originally planned (all of these new events and arcs get planned out in advance though).

And then you have people like Akira Toriyama who more or less make things up as they go. The intended main villain of the cell saga went from being Dr. Gero himself to androids 17 and 18 to Cell, for instance.

Well Toriyama, like many mangaka, went with his editor on that one.

Big One

Banned
Some spoilers:

Monkey D. Dragon, Blackbeard pirates, and Buggy pirates appear

Burgess arrives in Baltigo (home base of the Revolutionaries), and demands the Blackbeard pirates to attack the island.

Break next week.

IHaveIce

Banned
Some spoilers:

Monkey D. Dragon, Blackbeard pirates, and Buggy pirates appear

Burgess arrives in Baltigo (home base of the Revolutionaries), and demands the Blackbeard pirates to attack the island.

Break next week.
Burgess salty and mad he got whooped by Sabo

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
( ゚Д゚)

T53WkSg.png

( ゚Д゚)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Kanjuro's drawings are like the funniest thing in this manga, hahaha

Cliffhanger, damn!

Lunar15

I CAN'T HANDLE ALL THESE BOMBS

also, is it just me or are the strawhats the least interesting of all story arcs going on right now?

Veelk

Banned
I CAN'T HANDLE ALL THESE BOMBS

also, is it just me or are the strawhats the least interesting of all story arcs going on right now?

I'm still of the opinion that I would have preferred following the story from Law's or Kid's or Drake's or Hawkin's perspectives. The Eleven Supernova's in general, really.

I really don't like that they changed the name to "The Worst Generation". "Eleven Supernovas" was the best group name the manga had come up with.

ffdgh

( ゚Д゚)

T53WkSg.png

( ゚Д゚)

It's getting very naruto in here. Oh man the mental scarf luffy will endure if we do go down this road lol.
edit: it occours to me...didn't sabo just visit their graves before going to dressrosa? Didn't looks like they were looted or anything

Big One

Banned
Blackbeard fighting the Revolutionaries is huge implications for them. Either one of them getting beat will surely affect the story drastically.

My guess is that Blackbeard is going to get his ass kicked hardcore and in result will be one of the few major forces aside from the Marines to oppose the Revolutionaries.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Seems likely that those weapons were made in Wano. The deal between Kaido and Doflamingo was probably to exchange SMILE for weapons.

Kornflayx

Holy shit, these last chapters man. The new world has finally arrived.

- Burgess landing of Baltigo and discovering the Revo's base. Seems there are more weird characters in the Revolutionaries than I thought, or maybe Koala is referring to the Okamas? Blackbeard Pirates vs. Revolutionaries. AWESOME

- Robin blushing when seeing the dragon and Dragon asking specifically how Robin's doing? Let the shipping begin, lol.

- Buggy's crew looks fucking awesome.

- There are Ninjas now and even Law has the sparkles over his head. Embrace the Straw Hat goofiness

- And what is the thing falling out of the sky?

This chapter had me going like

OuQjNsn.gif

Kabuto

Can't wait to see Ivankov again. Blackbeard Pirates vs. Revo. Army is gonna be hypeeee.

Richi & Mohji got fat hahaha

I love how the Blackbeard crew still have giant logs on their ships haha

SolVanderlyn

Robin's character post-Water 7 has been extremely enjoyable, haha.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man those BB Pirates - Swagger level 100.

And lol Buggy and his Rent a Pirate Business haha. Great chapter....

Nibel

Robin's thought bubbles are simple yet hilarious in the context
KuGsj.gif

Godtier chapter, dammit. Oda is delivering over and over again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom