• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabig2

One piece Spoilers:

Jack is seemingly back on Zou.

One Piece spoiler talk:
Guess we'll see how powerful Jack and whatever subordinates he has left are because Zou now has all of the Strawhat crew (minus Sanji of course) and Law and his crew there. And there's also a ton of pissed off minks including Pekoms.

Korosenai

According to a spoiler I just read, not sure if it's legit or not, but
apparently they know Jack came back and Zoro went off and told them he would take care of it

Spinx

If a spoiler says something cool about Zoro it's fake. Remember when Zoro cut Perona's ghosts with his haki while training with Mihawk ?
KuGsj.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
SPOILER SUMMARY (courtesy Arlong Park)

SPOILER SUMMARY SPOILER SUMMARY

Chapter title: Momonosuke, the son and heir of Kouzuki clan

Oden was the crewnate of Roger. Robin remembers Rayleigh's words "We know everything about the history".

Doflamingo and Caesar as well as Kaidou were trying to capture Momonosuke and other samurais to know the secret of the world. But the samurais (Momonosuke, Kinemon etc...) know nothing about it.

Oden left a will to open Wano country to the world.

Raizou says they will defeat Shougun and open Wano country. Shougun is allied with Kaidou. They are now controlling most regions of Wano. Inuarashi says Mink tribe will show their "true power" when they confront Kaidou army again.

Kinemon asks Luffy and Law to fight Kaidou and Shougun with them, but Luffy rejects. Luffy says Momonosuke himself should ask about it since he is responsible for the samurais and Minks.

Momonosuke agrees and ask Luffy for help. Both of his parents were killed by Kaidou. Momonosuke tries to show Dogeza, but Luffy stops him.

Finally Luffy decides to form an alliance with them. He declares he will defeat Kaidou. According to Luffy, an alliance means "friends", but Law instantly denies it (funny scene).

Luffy tells them to wait until he brings back Sanji. He says Sanji is strong. Luffy will go to the whereabouts of Big Mom with Pekoms and doesn't intend to fight her.

A party is about to start since Inuarashi and Nekomamushi stopped fighting.

Meanwhile near the foot of Zou, Jack comes back....

Entropia

No One Remembers
One of the releases is so horrible.

They mentioned
Rayleigh but they call him Riley

The big thing from this chapter

- They're going to take down Kaido to free Wano!

- Jack is back, they're going to 'kill the elephant'

daveo42

Banned
819:
Luffy going by himself seems like a real bad idea, even if they doesn't intend on fighting her. Based on MS, it actually seems like all of the SHs left to see Big Mom, not just Luffy.

Jack wanting to take down the elephant is wtfs of wtf. I don't doubt he could do it, but damn...that's one hell of a feat.

EdtI: maybe that scene happens concurrently with what's going on inside of the whale, not later on.

I thought both the furries and the samurai justified their existence literally two chapters ago
I know, I'm just saying the poneglyph stuff and Raftel's secret could've been brought without adding too much characters that we are not too much invested yet, like basically two new entire countries (Zou and Wano) and a new war at sight. But it's just my preference, since there are lots of characters that I'd like to see coming back that could've be involved.

Regarding today's chapter:

I guess that Big Mom's fight will happen only after Kaidou's. Luffy will rescue Sanji and go directly to Wano, thus Big Mom will be even more pissed and go after him but the preparations will probably take enough time to Wano's crisis be resolved.

Edit: oh, but Jack's attack might disrupt everything

ffdgh

Lol at zoro having to one up sanji by saying he's worth 2000 men.
KuGsj.gif

Looks like our unofficial straw hat member (law) is being dragged along for another adventure. I'd love to see how jack attempts to kill that giant elephant.

Syntsui

Damnnn.... We will really get some SH vs Jack action in the next chapters aren't we? It would be cool is the minks alone handled him though, so the SH could just go after Sanji.

Damnnn.... We will really get some SH vs Jack action in the next chapters aren't we? It would be cool is the minks alone handled him though, so the SH could just go after Sanji.
Probably, unless
Jack kills the Elephant and go away assuming everyone will die.

Kreed

One Piece 819:

I definitely wasn't expecting Jack to come back into the story this soon, especially before Luffy took off to get Sanji back (lol @ Zoro). Since Jack is attacking the elephant though wonder if this will be a full on battle between Luffy and Jack or will this just be Jack trying to kill the elephant and failing from his ship (especially with the minks having a "trump card"). If this is going to end up resulting in a fight, it seems like it's going to be very one sided since Jack is injured and the Straw Hats + Law's crew + Minks + Samurais should be more than enough to take out anyone else in Jack's crew. But maybe Oda just wants to show off the strength of this new alliance/Luffy's dominance. I guess it will depend on what the Mink's trump card is.

Also there's still the question of what Oda plans on doing with the Ninja-Mink-Pirate alliance while Luffy is away. Even if they beat Jack, they can't stay on that elephant waiting for Luffy since more of Kaidou's crew will just come there while he's away (especially if they take Jack out there). So maybe Jack will take the elephant down and the alliance will have to go elsewhere/the Minks will have to set up a new home while Luffy's away? Great chapter though, despite Oda not going into more Roger back story like I was expecting.

TheFlow

Banned
One Piece 819:

I definitely wasn't expecting Jack to come back into the story this soon, especially before Luffy took off to get Sanji back (lol @ Zoro). Since Jack is attacking the elephant though wonder if this will be a full on battle between Luffy and Jack or will this just be Jack trying to kill the elephant and failing from his ship (especially with the minks having a "trump card"). If this is going to end up resulting in a fight, it seems like it's going to be very one sided since Jack is injured and the Straw Hats + Law's crew + Minks + Samurais should be more than enough to take out anyone else in Jack's crew. But maybe Oda just wants to show off the strength of this new alliance/Luffy's dominance. I guess it will depend on what the Mink's trump card is.

Also there's still the question of what Oda plans on doing with the Ninja-Mink-Pirate alliance while Luffy is away. Even if they beat Jack, they can't stay on that elephant waiting for Luffy since more of Kaidou's crew will just come there while he's away (especially if they take Jack out there). So maybe Jack will take the elephant down and the alliance will have to go elsewhere/the Minks will have to set up a new home while Luffy's away? Great chapter though, despite Oda not going into more Roger back story like I was expecting.
lol damn son everbody using spoiler tags and here come your ass with a full in depth summary of the chapter #dead

Majukun

i thought the battle with kaidou would have been fought together with the strawhat grand fleet..but if we are aleady this close to the onfrontation..oda might skip this and make them appear much later in the game..wouldn't mak sense for them to separate and then go back together after what are just days in the story
He wants Raizou though.

he is assuming he is not there,otherwise he wouldn't try to sink the entire island would he?
HORY SHIT THE next 5 chapters are going to be some next level ether.

Also I am starting to like Jack

same here,it's the kind of villain onepiece didn't have until now.

RomanceDawn

I suppose last chapter should have said it all but looks like we'll get the separation arc characters for cover pages which is great. I like how Franky outfitted that lion to look like Sunny and the gorilla to look like him. That lion looks like that fire lion from Pokemon. Or maybe that gorilla was his prototype and once he got all the kinks out applied it to himself? That snow waiver looking thing, it probably originated with the locals but I wonder if Franky has anything to do with that one as well? The snake has been outfitted to look like an eastern dragon, wonder what was Franky's inspiration there? I really like how the slim eye piece/visor is basically a requirement for these cyborg animals.

I know last week people wondered why Robin wasn't being targeted more often by big players for Poneglyph deciphering and after learning what we did in last chapter it seemed obvious to me that was exactly why they were after Momonosuke and his men.

I see a female ninja in Kinemon's head! Those guys look just detailed enough to end up as real named characters that might have designs that are more or less finalized.

I teared up for Momo, I laughed at Law, but the best part was Luffy saying Sanji was worth a thousand people and Zoro not being able to let that stand, hahaha! Nami humoring him about it was great!

Jack being alive and coming back was inevitable. The only people that need to see Jack defeated is the Minks, him being completely killed by the Marines was never going to happen before a defeat right in front of the people he wronged. Wanda being certain he wasn't dead and Luffy basically promising to kick his butt spelled it all out. When the main characters make certain declarations its almost a promise by Oda in this story and I love it. Not to mention he has a billion berry bounty, the highest we've seen in the story so far. Subordinate or not, Jack would be the strongest on the island and will get taken out by Luffy or at the very least an Oars style group effort, though i doubt thats necessary. Only thing I was wrong about was Ginrummy and Sheepshead reporting back to Jack that the Straw Hats landed on Zou. I thought for sure Jack would be back specifically because of that, but looks like he's back for his own reasons and his underlings were too afraid to even tell him the truth.

I know some folks still think Luffy will leave but Pekoms was really torn up about what happened to his home land. He is not leaving with Luffy while the trouble maker is back again. Also the Mink's are weakened and have only had 3 days of recovery time. While I'm sure Cat and Dog can still fight, not only are their wounds still serious enough that they shouldn't be doing major activity they each lost a limb. And unlike Kyros, they don't have the benefit of being toyified and having the limb magically "cauterized". Dogstorm and Catviper still have some tricks no doubt, we'll see them go Full Moon at night fall but they won't be enough to stop Jack I'm positive. Then you have the Samurai who are honor bound to protect them and return the favor, I think the Mink's should just kick back and enjoy the show.

Bandini

I don't think there's any way Luffy will end up going to the Tea Party with just Pekoms. Something will happen with Jack where everyone will be forced to leave Zou. They'll need all their strength to get Sanji back.

Kaidou will have to wait a bit to receive his beatdown.

Syntsui

i thought the battle with kaidou would have been fought together with the strawhat grand fleet..but if we are aleady this close to the onfrontation..oda might skip this and make them appear much later in the game..wouldn't mak sense for them to separate and then go back together after what are just days in the story

he is assuming he is not there,otherwise he wouldn't try to sink the entire island would he?

same here,it's the kind of villain onepiece didn't have until now.

He beated the shit out of Sheep's Head for saying that Raizou is not there. He knows he is there, otherwise there would be no point in returning there, since he said himself he didn't want to return. I think that by killing the elephant, the island will simply stop moving.

To think, I dont find the words Ninja-Pirate-Mink alliance ridiculous but instead pretty awesome. Though technically, it'd be Ninja-Samurai-Pirate-Mink-Strawhat alliance but thats even more so a mouthful. I'm liking that this arc is progressing faster than Dressrosa.

Kreed

lol damn son everbody using spoiler tags and here come your ass with a full in depth summary of the chapter #dead

I used to post in the Manga community thread so I've been marking my post with the chapter number I'm talking about in bold so people who haven't read that specific chapter can avoid my posts. But if we need to use spoiler tags after the chapter is released I'll start tagging my posts.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
My guess is Luffy leaves with Peko[mamushi], and Jack's return is the answer to "what will everyone else be doing while he's gone."

Syntsui

I used to post in the Manga community thread so I've been marking my post with the chapter number I'm talking about in bold so people who haven't read that specific chapter can avoid my posts. But if we need to use spoiler tags after the chapter is released I'll start tagging my posts.

If it's out it's out, no need to tag. You did nothing wrong.

My guess is Luffy leaves with Peko[mamushi], and Jack's return is the answer to "what will everyone else be doing while he's gone."

The timing is just too strict. They are having a banquet and Jack is already close to the elephant, but who knows what Jack will actually do and if it takes some time to prepare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom