• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think back to Jaya and the first meeting with Black Beard. All that cryptic talk about "not he" but "they" from Luffy and Zoro, promptly confusing Nami, she wondered if anyone else was with him. It was one of the weirdest scenes that Oda has ever drawn attention to. Later we do find out from Marco that Teach's body is different, which he assumes could explain why Teach was able to consume 2 fruits without dying.

I don't know how, I don't know why, but I think there is a literal entity of some kind attached to Black Beard. What ever the hell it was at that meeting, Luffy and Zoro noticed this, but to them it was just another person hanging around Teach. Something like this would explain the casual nature in which Momo brought up Roger, he thought he really met the living breathing guy.

This probably sounds stupid but I think I just blew my own mind!

Yes, that talk about "not he" but "they" is something that still bothers me. I agree that must be something hidden there.

Greg from the One Piece podcast dropped some really interesting info about Momo and his "meeting" with Roger. With the voice all things or the seeing of all things, Greg presumes that Momo literally talked to some iteration of Roger. I've got to listen to the Podcast to be entirely sure. It's fascinating because a couple things...

The breath of all things, is undoubtedly related to the voice of all things. Remember Zoro unlocking such an ability when he was on the verge of death against Mr 1. We know for sure Luffy has the full on ability even if he is unaware.

Think back to Jaya and the first meeting with Black Beard. All that cryptic talk about "not he" but "they" from Luffy and Zoro, promptly confusing Nami, she wondered if anyone else was with him. It was one of the weirdest scenes that Oda has ever drawn attention to. Later we do find out from Marco that Teach's body is different, which he assumes could explain why Teach was able to consume 2 fruits without dying.

I don't know how, I don't know why, but I think there is a literal entity of some kind attached to Black Beard. What ever the hell it was at that meeting, Luffy and Zoro noticed this, but to them it was just another person hanging around Teach. Something like this would explain the casual nature in which Momo brought up Roger, he thought he really met the living breathing guy.

I bet you it's the literal Devil himself, the being behind all the Devil Fruits, that is around Blackbeard or within him. That's the real endgame villain right there.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I said that Momo probably talked to a post-death Roger via the voice of all things right when the chapter came out and nobody cared. ;_;

Oh to have a podcast.

I said that Momo probably talked to a post-death Roger via the voice of all things right when the chapter came out and nobody cared. ;_;

Oh to have a podcast.
Greg also has the advantage of speaking and reading japanese, and more importantly, he actually writes an official column on one piece secrets for shueisha now

In Chinese mythology the Black Tortoise is one of the four cardinal mythical creatures in their astronomy. It is actually two creatures filling one role. A tortoise and a snake.

The other points of the compass are Blue Dragon, Red Bird and White Tiger.

The four compass directions pointing to key characters like this is set up by the marine admiral naming conventions. I think that the marine admirals may or man not deserve this status but Black Beard is the real deal and will be one of the main players in the end.

That theory implies that three other characters will be the great generals in the end game. If Luffy is the Blue Dragon that leaves two others. If they are all D characters then one might be Law.

In Chinese mythology the Black Tortoise is one of the four cardinal mythical creatures in their astronomy. It is actually two creatures filling one role. A tortoise and a snake.

The four compass directions pointing to key characters like this is set up by the marine admiral naming conventions. I think that the marine admirals may or man not deserve this status but Black Beard is the real deal and will be one of the main players in the end.

That theory implies that three other characters will be the great generals in the end game. If Luffy is the Blue Dragon that leaves two others.
Where is this coming from?

That theory implies that three other characters will be the great generals in the end game. If Luffy is the Blue Dragon that leaves two others. If they are all D characters then one might be Law.

Why Luffy is the Blue Dragon though?

I think teachs devil,fruit powers that let him absorb others. He sucks things up why not DF powers.

He is a "D" tho so anything is possible.

It's almost certainly a property of his body, given that Marco literally stated that it might be possible for Teach because of his "unique body", and the fact that BB's darkness fruit was a known quantity (BB even specifically targeted thatch because it was a DF he wanted, so he must have known it's powers in advance, presumably through the book of known DFs, and if he knew, so would others), so I find it unlikely that people wouldn't know that it's his fruit that allowed it and not him personally.

I personally lean towards the idea that Blackbeard has some sort of parasitic twin. Especially BB's emphasis on fate in certain scenes, I could see him saying how it easily could've been him who would've been consumed by the twin rather than vice versa, and stuff like that

It's almost certainly a property of his body, given that Marco literally stated that it might be possible for Teach because of his "unique body", and the fact that BB's darkness fruit was a known quantity (BB even specifically targeted thatch because it was a DF he wanted, so he must have known it's powers in advance, presumably through the book of known DFs, and if he knew, so would others), so I find it unlikely that people wouldn't know that it's his fruit that allowed it and not him personally.

I personally lean towards the idea that Blackbeard has some sort of parasitic twin. Especially BB's emphasis on fate in certain scenes, I could see him saying how it easily could've been him who would've been consumed by the twin rather than vice versa, and stuff like that

True but I don't think the book woukd have anything on gear 4th.

Ots probably a little of,both

Ray Down

Banned
I think teachs devil,fruit powers that let him absorb others. He sucks things up why not DF powers.

He is a "D" tho so anything is possible.

Could be, Blackbeard specifically wanted the Yami Yami no Mi when he was on Whitebeards ship maybe he has some knowledge on its abilities before hand that made it unique to nearly every other logia fruit and not having the power to become intagible with his element.

Maybe it just the Viz trans or something but I rembeber but the way Blackbeard said that the darkness can suck in the "Devils Power" maybe he meant more then just nulify a devil fruit.

:kayneshrug

Lunar15

Side note: I completely forgot that Law was a D.

Related: I completely forgot about the "It's not he, it's them" conversation from Jaya.

Ray Down

Banned
Side note: I completely forgot that Law was a D.

Related: I completely forgot about the "It's not he, it's them" conversation from Jaya.

Speaking of Law, do you guys think he and his crew will go off on there own after the Straw Hat Alliance and Fleet take down Kaidou or do you think hes somewhat a permanent stay?

Speaking of Law, do you guys think he and his crew will go off on there own after the Straw Hat Alliance and Fleet take down Kaidou or do you think hes somewhat a permanent stay?

I guess the Alliance will go until the end. I think Law will also want to make Luffy the Pirate King. After Kaidou, they might split depending on their new steps and fronts but I expect him to maintain contact and return to the end game.

They are going to split up right now aren't they?

I don't think we will have a time again where the straw hats are just going to sail away alone without any other people following them or planning to meet up again. At least not until the wars are over.

GhostBed

Blackbeard's Jolly Roger, along with Shank's mysterious scar, makes me think there's a lot more to it. He very well might be three people in one, idfk

Squishy3

Blackbeard's Jolly Roger, along with Shank's mysterious scar, makes me think there's a lot more to it. He very well might be three people in one, idfk
When Blackbeard was shown as part of Whitebeard's crew on Fishman Island he had a claw like Vega's from Street Fighter, which would explain Shanks' scar.

Kornflayx

When Blackbeard was shown as part of Whitebeard's crew on Fishman Island he had a claw like Vega's from Street Fighter, which would explain Shanks' scar.

Shanks even said that he wasn't careless while fighting Teach. So that should count for a lot.

The one guy I want to see a fight of is Roger. He wasn't a huge guy like Whitebeard and they still battled regularly. He must have been an absolute monster and I want to see him in action.

GhostBed

Oh wow, totally forgot about that. Interested to see how well Teach can actually fight. Up until now, it seems like he's mostly relied on his devil fruit powers.

What do you guys think about Dragon's distant relationship with Luffy? I mean, he being absent could be explained by his role in the revolutionary army and could be also a way to protect Luffy. Dragon also saved him in Loguetown. But I never sensed that he cares much about Luffy or for what he is doing. Is he really that cold?

Majukun

What do you guys think about Dragon's distant relationship with Luffy? I mean, he being absent could be explained by his role in the revolutionary army and could be also a way to protect Luffy. Dragon also saved him in Loguetown. But I never sensed that he cares much about Luffy or for what he is doing. Is he really that cold?

probably ,yes

GhostBed

I think he is, yes. He's never expressed any sort of interest in Luffy. Also, if we're to assume that Luffy and Dragon are similar in personality, it would make sense that Dragon doesn't much care for him.

I mean, could you imagine if Luffy had a kid? His selfishness and reckless behavior would make for some abysmal parenting, same thing we see with Dragon.

Big One

Banned
Greg from the One Piece podcast dropped some really interesting info about Momo and his "meeting" with Roger. With the voice all things or the seeing of all things, Greg presumes that Momo literally talked to some iteration of Roger. I've got to listen to the Podcast to be entirely sure. It's fascinating because a couple things...

The breath of all things, is undoubtedly related to the voice of all things. Remember Zoro unlocking such an ability when he was on the verge of death against Mr 1. We know for sure Luffy has the full on ability even if he is unaware.

I think the "they" was foreshadowing the entire Blackbeard crew. Remember in the context of the Jaya arc, when we're introduced to Blackbeard we have no idea he's Blackbeard until all of the crew get together. We also see glimpses of the crew throughout the Jaya arc as well, but it isn't really revealed they're together till towards the end of Jaya.

Luffy and Zoro was able to sense that Blackbeard was no good and he had a crew with him. That's why they were worried about "they" rather than "him." Though Oda could change this up if he wanted to but that's how I've always interpreted it. Previously, the Blackbeard Pirates were mentioned as a group of pirates that ransacked Drum Island and chased out it's king. So basically the mere introduction of them showcased their significance as trouble-makers.

However I've always interpreted Jaya a bit differently. Blackbeard is literally introduced as being the complete opposite of Luffy despite having the same base goal (get One Piece, become Pirate King) with the bar scene. He's doing a lot of the same things Luffy is doing, with a similar carefree personality, but he's doing it the "wrong" way. Despite this he still believes in "dreams" just like Luffy does, but there's definitely a lack of goodness in Blackbeard that Luffy has.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I wanna see Garp and Dragon's relationship as well.

Poor Garp his son and grandson are infamous "evil doers" in the eyes of the world.

Ray Down

Banned

Nah I think Dragon does care for his son otherwise why save him from Smoker, before the time-skip started he said Luffy was old enough to take care of himself now, it could also be some weird D thing.

I always had a theory that Kuma actions later on in the series with him removing Luffy pain and saving the Strawhats from Kizaru was apart of some order from Dragon to watch over his son. Kuma seemingly knew that Dragon was Luffy father before even his other generals, his army or even the rest of the world, and Kuma put himself in harms way by aiding them.

Iva remarks with Dragon always starring off to the east blue could show Dragon misses Luffy, considering him being born in the Goa Kingdom and loathing Nobles like Sabo.

We really need to see more of Dragon personality and how he interacts with Sabo.

Thanks for the insight, guys. I wish to know more about Dragon's personality as well. I was expecting Robin to say something about him after the timeskip but she didn't bring the subject. :/

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Thanks for the insight, guys. I wish to know more about Dragon's personality as well. I was expecting Robin to say something about him after the timeskip but she didn't bring the subject. :/

Naah cause let's be honest Luffy wouldn't care to know anyways.

Why Luffy is the Blue Dragon though?

Blue_Dragon_Box_Art.jpeg

Only thing I thought of.

GhostBed

I think she mostly doesn't speak on it because it doesn't come up. Luffy probably doesn't really give a shit what his dad is doing, lol. I'm sure Robin will be talking about her experience with the Revos a lot more after they clash with Black Beard.

Jarate

Banned
I don't think Harps or Sengokus role is set in stone. I'd imagine that the marines are going to split up into the "good marines" (probably led by smoker) and the "bad marines." I mean we have clear marine characters who are "good" guys and clear marines who are evil.

I mean, Garps and Sengokus power are pretty unexplained. Although I think we'll have to wait for the arc that has Dragon and the Revolutionary army in it to see Garp and Sengoku in glory (probably a flashback arc)

My big wonder is if Oda will set up the final war arc as a multifaceted war, where its Blackbeard vs Luffy vs World Government vs XXXXX or if it'll purely be Blackbeard vs Luffy.

I also want to see how Shanks is doing. Maybe this'll be the arc that will show us what he's all about, but I think with the smaller crew going to save Sanji, I think well see a lot more pirate alliance members.

Well, I still want to ask Zoro what happened to his eye.

To be fair, Sanji was desperate to tell the others the suffering he had to endure. lol

They probably all talked about it but if Luffy was the one interested to know, I'm not sure. lol
Lol you'd want to tell somebody too shoot.

Wanna know what happened to zoro's eye? I'll tell...................
.he was training

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Shanks might be my favorite anime character. He's so likable, despite being one of the strongest men in the world.

76430.jpg

I hope we learn a lot more about him and his crew, eventually. His scar from Blackbeard should be an epic flashback!

I also like how he's been subtly aging throughout the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom