• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm a sick bastard but I kind of just want there to be a filler episode about finding out what Doflamingo's eyes look like.

Just like how there was a filler episode of Naruto where they wanted to find out what was under Kakashi's mask.

It's pretty much implied that doflamingo is blind in his left eye. Any time someone lands an unguarded clean hit on him, it's always from his left side.

KHlover

Banned
I'm a sick bastard but I kind of just want there to be a filler episode about finding out what Doflamingo's eyes look like.

Just like how there was a filler episode of Naruto where they wanted to find out what was under Kakashi's mask.

So what you say is we'll get to see his eyes in 10 years after the manga has ended in a post-ending sidestory manga? Bleh I don't wanna wait that long >.<

jbug617

Banned
Volume 81 cover

CeAyc3fUUAAamwp.jpg:large

Even the revolutionaries wanted Robin for a long time, they just never found her.

Kaidou and Big Mom probably had much more pressing issues to deal with in the New World rather than go searching for a needle in a hay stack.

Robin kept her self hidden for the most part and stayed in the under world. And like I said Kaidou already took over Wano, the creators of the stones themselves. He probably assumes everything he needs to read the glyphs is with the country and Momonosuke and his men.
Nah, don't buy it. If the marines caught wind of her and she managed to slip away every time, then surely the Yonko and even the Revolutionaries would have picked up on her. She had a public bounty and I'm sure the reason why was known to the higher ups in various organizations illegal and non.

Just seems too convenient, but like I said, I'm sure it's going to be explained (at least the Yonko part) soon.
Volume 81 cover

CeAyc3fUUAAamwp.jpg:large
Carrot is the only surprise, coloring-wise. Thought she'd be dark grey or something. Otherwise pretty rad, surprised they didn't put Jack on there but I'll bet he'll be on the next one.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Nami wearing a shirt = awesome

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I do love that color scheme, and it is appropriate for the Zou cast, but it really does remind me of the kind of wallpaper you'd see on your grandma's bathroom.

Have we decided on the title for the next thread?

I've got some ideas:

One Piece Manga |OT2| The Year of Sanji Without Sanji

One Piece Manga |OT2| Mr. Prince: Assassin's Feed

One Piece Manga |OT2| Wedding Crashers 2: Don't Kiss The Cook

I think the Bleach covers with the white panel behind the character goes well with the series style.

It fits the blank, dreary, bland nature of the series well.

Have we decided on the title for the next thread?

I've got some ideas:

One Piece Manga |OT2| The Year of Sanji Without Sanji

One Piece Manga |OT2| Mr. Prince: Assassin's Feed

One Piece Manga |OT2| Wedding Crashers 2: Don't Kiss The Cook

It fits the blank, dreary, bland nature of the series well.
Hmmmm the first or the third one i can't decide

Who's doing the OT? Any graphic designer peeps in here stepping up?

Garchu and Chill

Year of the Cook

We're Worth At Least 2000 People

Praise be to Raizou, Nin Nin!

My vote goes to Year of the Cook :D

RomanceDawn

Nah, don't buy it. If the marines caught wind of her and she managed to slip away every time, then surely the Yonko and even the Revolutionaries would have picked up on her. She had a public bounty and I'm sure the reason why was known to the higher ups in various organizations illegal and non.

Just seems too convenient, but like I said, I'm sure it's going to be explained (at least the Yonko part) soon.

Carrot is the only surprise, coloring-wise. Thought she'd be dark grey or something. Otherwise pretty rad, surprised they didn't put Jack on there but I'll bet he'll be on the next one.

Like I said, when Robin first met the Revolutionaries they told her that they had been searching for her for a long time but had no idea she was working with Crocodile. The Revolutionary basically apologized for not being able to help her in life sooner.

As for the Emperors both White Beard and Shank's wouldn't be after her and now we know that Kaidou has been targeting Wano for the very same information that Robin could give. He is stationed in the New World after all, he has bigger things to deal with. It's no different than the big wigs in the Marines not doing more to help Nami's little village.

Then with Big Mom, who knows? Like with Doflamingo, getting info on people of interest is one thing, but sending pirates out through the different Blues and 1st half of the Grand Line to find one tiny crew in all the ocean can't be easy. Especially not when it came to the Straw Hats. By the time the rest of the world would have known Robin was in the crew the Straw Hats had completely destroyed Enies Lobby and smarter guys like Doflamingo knew it was Luffy who took out Crocodile. They aren't a crew that you go after carelessly.

-Story wise we have a reason why the revolutionaries had not come from Robin, they tried to find her but could not.
-Two War Lords were after the information that Robin possessed. 1 employed Robin, while the other went directly to the Poneglyph source.
- 2 of the 4 Emperors aren't trying to find One Piece.
- The 3rd of the 4 Emperors also went for the Poneglyph source at Wano.
- Big Mom, we don't have a direct answer for but geographically it makes sense that she didn't get involved with Robin yet. We don't even know if she ever had an interest in finding Robin.
- It's not as if Enies Lobby or Alabasta didn't happen, the events completely revolved around major players in the world and what they wanted out of Robin.

I don't think anything needs to be explained in the story that isn't already a given.

SolVanderlyn

One Piece Manga |OT2| Cats, Dogs, and Mammoths, oh my

One Piece Manga |OT2| Celestial Swirly Brow

One Piece Manga |OT2| The Year of Sanji and the Return to Form

One Piece Manga |OT2| Sanji's Creed: Revelations

Can I make the OT? I love making anime OTs. If someone wants to make fancy banners and collaborate, that'd be super swell!

One Piece Manga |OT2| Fuffuffuffuffu! The name of this age is the Game of Throne Wars!

One Piece Manga |OT2| There ain't no party like Big Mamma's tea party. Hey! Ho!
(please love my flight of the conchords reference)

One Piece Manga |OT2| Sanji in wonderland vs God Usopp, who is the 3rd strongest.

bjork

I don't know what to feel. I mean, them riding on that stream to get to skypiea was one of the most epic moments ever on a show/manga, but them going to space could be an easy "jumping the shark" moment.

Well, mostly because i'm no fan of that infamous enel cover story.

I'm in this camp. The world itself has enough crazy stuff to explore without going there. I always figured the enel cover story was a way of removing him from the story's world.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Cats, Dogs, and Mammoths, oh my

One Piece Manga |OT2| Celestial Swirly Brow

One Piece Manga |OT2| The Year of Sanji and the Return to Form

One Piece Manga |OT2| Sanji's Creed: Revelations

Can I make the OT? I love making anime OTs. If someone wants to make fancy banners and collaborate, that'd be super swell!
I dont think anybody called the ot yet whoever does it better not half ass it lol

Metal B

Like I said, when Robin first met the Revolutionaries they told her that they had been searching for her for a long time but had no idea she was working with Crocodile. The Revolutionary basically apologized for not being able to help her in life sooner.

As for the Emperors both White Beard and Shank's wouldn't be after her and now we know that Kaidou has been targeting Wano for the very same information that Robin could give. He is stationed in the New World after all, he has bigger things to deal with. It's no different than the big wigs in the Marines not doing more to help Nami's little village.

Then with Big Mom, who knows? Like with Doflamingo, getting info on people of interest is one thing, but sending pirates out through the different Blues and 1st half of the Grand Line to find one tiny crew in all the ocean can't be easy. Especially not when it came to the Straw Hats. By the time the rest of the world would have known Robin was in the crew the Straw Hats had completely destroyed Enies Lobby and smarter guys like Doflamingo knew it was Luffy who took out Crocodile. They aren't a crew that you go after carelessly.
It's important to note, that the East and South Blue are the opposite of the New World. The presents of the Marines and the World Government is very strong in this region, so there aren't many strong pirates around and the few act in secret (Arlong, Crocodile, Kuro and Moriah). So the Yonkos and even the Revolutionaries would have a much harder time acting in the open, then in the Wild West like New World.

So this shielded Robin off from the influence of the Yonkos, but in the same time keeping the Revolutionaries away and have in constant danger of the World Goverment.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It's important to note, that the East and South Blue are the opposite of the New World. The presents of the Marines and the World Government is very strong in this region, so there aren't many strong pirates around and the few act in secret (Arlong, Crocodile, Kuro and Moriah). So the Yonkos and even the Revolutionaries would have a much harder time acting in the open, then in the Wild West like New World.

So this shielded Robin off from the influence of the Yonkos, but in the same time keeping the Revolutionaries away and have in constant danger of the World Goverment.

You talk about South and east blue sneaky pirates, and then you list off Crocodile and Moriah. I'm confused.

So I caught up over the weekend to the current chapter.

That was an info-dump and a half.

Forgive me if this has already been talked into the ground already but considering the nature of three dimensional space,
shouldn't they only need three Road Poneglyphs in order to find Raftel? Unless the fourth Road tells specific time frames Raftel appears or tells how to access / bypass some kind of territorial blockade. Like three give the location and the fourth actually says how to get there or "in"...

So I caught up over the weekend to the current chapter.

That was an info-dump and a half.

Forgive me if this has already been talked into the ground already but considering the nature of three dimensional space,
shouldn't they only need three Road Poneglyphs in order to find Raftel? Unless the fourth Road tells specific time frames Raftel appears or tells how to access / bypass some kind of territorial blockade. Like three give the location and the fourth actually says how to get there or "in"...
Not really, 3 only gives you a set of 3 lines where it might be, and those might be big lines. You're operating under the assumption that the 4 points shown would form a square, but there's nothing to suggest that the lines would be perpendicular or equidistant

Ray Down

Banned
So, what happened to Moriah?

He escaped from Dolfa somehow and is hiding in the New World according to the New World Times. Probably scheming against Kaidou and trying to reclaim Thriller Bark from Kidd.

@Aaron,

pretty sure thats not confirmed we have no idea what saved Gekko from Dolfa, Perona speculates that his shadow doppelganger saved him at the last moment, we only know that Abs became a journalist.

He escaped from Dolfa somehow and is hiding in the New World according to the New World Times. Probably scheming against Kaidou and trying to reclaim Thriller Bark from Kidd.

@Aaron,

pretty sure thats not confirmed we have no idea what saved Gekko from Dolfa, Perona speculates that his shadow doppelganger saved him at the last moment

Oda confirmed it in an SBS.

Edit: looked it up, and he doesn't technically confirm it, but heavily implies it in a question that was originally just about Absalom. Here's the quote from SBS of volume 71
D: In Chapter 700 there is a reporter named "Absa", that's referring to Absalom right? Right? And if you look closely, there's even the pirate ship. What other kinds of eroti... amazing articles... What other kinds of eroti... I mean, moving articles... What other kinds of erotic articles does he write? P.N. Makino&#9825;LOVE

O: Yes, that is Absalom. How nostalgic. In fact, he was also at the Battle of Marineford. After the battle, Doflamingo stated that something strange happened to Moriah. I wonder why? Perona is also worried. Did Moriah really die? The only thing that I can reveal right now is Absalom, going by the name "Absa", has been reporting a lot of big news using his Suke Suke no Mi; this is true. He can take many interesting photographs with that ability. His articles are very popular right now.

Absalom saved him and now they seem to be working as journalists

@Aaron,

pretty sure thats not confirmed we have no idea what saved Gekko from Dolfa, Perona speculates that his shadow doppelganger saved him at the last moment, we only know that Abs became a journalist.

Thanks for the info, guys!

Not really, 3 only gives you a set of 3 lines where it might be, and those might be big lines. You're operating under the assumption that the 4 points shown would form a square, but there's nothing to suggest that the lines would be perpendicular or equidistant

Gotcha. I'll blame that on the illustration used during the explanation.

Metal B

You talk about South and east blue sneaky pirates, and then you list off Crocodile and Moriah. I'm confused.
Crocodile tried to take over Alabasta from the shadows and with secret agents, by tricking the people into a civil war and taking over the kingdom in one fast, brutal move.

Moriah was hiding in the fog and tried to build his Oz weapon in secret. For most people his action were just Ghost Stories.

And both had the title as Shichibukai to fall back to, if they encounter the Marines. Being a Shichibukai in the Old World makes a lot sense. Your protected from the Yonkos and you can build power or live a relaxing life without the interference of the Marines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom