• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Crocodile tried to take over Alabasta from the shadows and with secret agents, by tricking the people into a civil war and taking over the kingdom in one fast, brutal move.

Moriah was hiding in the fog and tried to build his Oz weapon in secret. For most people his action were just Ghost Stories.

And both had the title as Shichibukai to fall back to, if they encounter the Marines. Being a Shichibukai in the Old World makes a lot sense. Your protected from the Yonkos and you can build power or live a relaxing life without the interference of the Marines.

Hell Moria didn't even do anything illegal. He just pissed them off vis a vis Luffy and even then that's another warlord's fault.

Metal B

Hell Moria didn't even do anything illegal. He just pissed them off vis a vis Luffy and even then that's another warlord's fault.
Even if nobody cared for the pirates dying or going missing, the Marines could have become be very suspicion, if they connect the dots between Moriah's ability and a massive report of missing shadows. He sounded like, he wanted to have the advantage before entering the New World again.

Even if nobody cared for the pirates dying or going missing, the Marines could have become be very suspicion, if they connect the dots between Moriah's ability and a massive report of missing shadows. He sounded like, he wanted to have the advantage before entering the New World again.

I doubt many of the people with missing shadows ever left the florian triangle, given the sunlight=death thing

Man God

Non-Canon Member

That's entirely within the authority of the warlords though; they basically have free reign over any other pirating group they encounter.

Metal B

I doubt many of the people with missing shadows ever left the florian triangle, given the sunlight=death thing
That's why Moriah was so chilled, the plan was perfect. Until some people unexpected guest showed up ...

The point is, that all the bigger hazards in the Old World were either weak, hidden or in line with the World Goverment, since they have a bigger influence in this region of the world. The New World belongs more to the Yonkos and other supposing powers, which is why Robin was hard to oppose by them and in more danger of the World Goverment.

aechris

You gotta remember it took until now to get to this part in the story. We'll be loooooong done the Big Mom arc before it's time for OT3.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You guys think the vin smokes are celestial Dragons?

No.
We just had that twist with Doflamingo.
They already stated that the Vinsmokes were a family of assassins. While the Celestial Dragons have murdered people (countless people holy shit), they do it out of malice and joy. The Vinsmokes sound like they're professionals, doing it for money. Or more like the Zoldycks from HxH, or assassin lineage of Assassin's Creed.
Just my guess though

No.
We just had that twist with Doflamingo.
They already stated that the Vinsmokes were a family of assassins. While the Celestial Dragons have murdered people (countless people holy shit), they do it out of malice and joy. The Vinsmokes sound like they're professionals, doing it for money. Or more like the Zoldycks from HxH, or assassin lineage of Assassin's Creed.
Just my guess though

It does have HxH vibes.

Guess they have a lot of influence in the WG to only make sanji wanted alive.

Speaking of which, I saw this on tumblr:

tumblr_o1o1m96jl11v1x8tco1_1280.png

"Seriously, MANGASTREAM, MANGAPANDA, they made a fucking HUUUUUUUUGE mistake…. ‘人殺しの一族’ isn’t ‘a family of ASSASSINS’. It’s ‘a family of MURDERERS’. They are totally different. Assassin is assassin, but murderer, it “can” be assassin, soldier, mafia, blablabla every person who kills or killed person. I bet there’s gonna be bunch of people saying like “Sanji was so spy-tic cause his family is a assassin family!“"

Source

One pointed that the translation is actually a "clan of murderers". I don't know anything about Japanese, so is it true? If it is, does that make a difference?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Vinsmoke brothers.

I hope they don't look this samey when they're revealed.

Kornflayx

It's funny that people still base theories on the translations of scanlation sites. In the Viz chapter it states clearly that "the Vinsmoke family is a family of killers".

marmoka

Banned
I was talking yesterday with my colleague about the latest anime episode. We both agreed that Toei could have ended the episode after Luffy went Gear Fourth, and thank god they didn't. I'm recommending him to read the manga, but he feels lazy for that, prefers the anime.

He asked me if the anime episode was so slow in the manga as well, I said not, that is much faster, and not that boring. He asked me if I had read it till the last chapter, I said yes. Apparently he was somehow spoiled, and asked me if this arc is really focused on Sanji, because he read somewhere he is a prince. I told him "well, kind of". I wouldn't tell him he's from a family of munderers, haha.

Ray Down

Banned
Normally we would have some inkling of spoilers but we have some stuff from Viz translation:
-Oden was a youngster on Roger crew and around the same age as Shanks.
-Luffy Nami and crew are taking the Sunny.
-Marco and the WB Pirates but up a fight but they were obliterated (strong word then destroyed).
-Oden was recruited by Roger and left WB.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Normally we would have some inkling of spoilers but we have some stuff from Viz translation:
-Oden was a youngster on Roger crew and around the same age as Shanks.
-Luffy Nami and crew are taking the Sunny.
-Marco and the WB Pirates but up a fight but they were obliterated (strong word then destroyed).
-Oden was recruited by Roger and left WB.

We already knew most of that though...

This was probably discussed to death but since we had this talk about the Vinsmoke family being celestial dragons and Sanji's alien theory, I think the probability that aliens do exist in One Piece's world (not the moon, since it is pretty much confirmed by Enel) are higher than I expected. I was just watching the anime (Enies Lobby arc) and Professor Clover's theory about the lost century says about an enemy that defeated the poneglyph's creators or something like that and erased the story, that enemy probably are the celestial dragons. The term "celestial" dragon is really intriguing now and since they wear those helmets like astronauts, things look indeed fishy.

I don't know how to feel about that, sounds like a huge detour from the pirate theme.

RomanceDawn

Greg from the One Piece podcast dropped some really interesting info about Momo and his "meeting" with Roger. With the voice all things or the seeing of all things, Greg presumes that Momo literally talked to some iteration of Roger. I've got to listen to the Podcast to be entirely sure. It's fascinating because a couple things...

The breath of all things, is undoubtedly related to the voice of all things. Remember Zoro unlocking such an ability when he was on the verge of death against Mr 1. We know for sure Luffy has the full on ability even if he is unaware.

Think back to Jaya and the first meeting with Black Beard. All that cryptic talk about "not he" but "they" from Luffy and Zoro, promptly confusing Nami, she wondered if anyone else was with him. It was one of the weirdest scenes that Oda has ever drawn attention to. Later we do find out from Marco that Teach's body is different, which he assumes could explain why Teach was able to consume 2 fruits without dying.

I don't know how, I don't know why, but I think there is a literal entity of some kind attached to Black Beard. What ever the hell it was at that meeting, Luffy and Zoro noticed this, but to them it was just another person hanging around Teach. Something like this would explain the casual nature in which Momo brought up Roger, he thought he really met the living breathing guy.

This probably sounds stupid but I think I just blew my own mind!

IHaveIce

Banned
I said those things about the Samurai covers and the kozuki symbol like weeks ago and nobody cared :(
Also said Zoro had the symbol on his kimono in Crossroads.

GG-Duo

Think back to Jaya and the first meeting with Black Beard. All that cryptic talk about "not he" but "they" from Luffy and Zoro, promptly confusing Nami, she wondered if anyone else was with him. It was one of the weirdest scenes that Oda has ever drawn attention to. Later we do find out from Marco that Teach's body is different, which he assumes could explain why Teach was able to consume 2 fruits without dying.

I think this was just referring to Blackbeard's crew members.

RomanceDawn

I said those things about the Samurai covers and the kozuki symbol like weeks ago and nobody cared :(
Also said Zoro had the symbol on his kimono in Crossroads.

I saw, I cared. I thought I acknowledged you for it. If not I am now!

Acknowledged!

I think this was just referring to Blackbeard's crew members.

I know thats what most people say. Considering how the Straw Hats were all together the entire time with no moment where Teach was actually with his crew I find it really suspect. Especially for such a simple answer to be given such odd focus on that entire page.

IHaveIce

Banned
I saw, I cared. I thought I acknowledged you for it. If not I am now!

Acknowledged!

I know thats what most people say. Considering how the Straw Hats were all together the entire time with no moment where Teach was actually with his crew I find it really suspect. Especially for such a simple answer to be given such odd focus on that entire page.
I know! You are one of the good peeps Romance :> I also really love your theories and things you point out.

The thing with Blackbeard is sureöy interesting, I mean they saw the other BB pirates but couldn't know they were a crew.. or maybe it is like you said and something lingers on BB and maybe now even on his mates? The darkness?

Kornflayx

Greg from the One Piece podcast dropped some really interesting info about Momo and his "meeting" with Roger. With the voice all things or the seeing of all things, Greg presumes that Momo literally talked to some iteration of Roger. I've got to listen to the Podcast to be entirely sure. It's fascinating because a couple things...

The breath of all things, is undoubtedly related to the voice of all things. Remember Zoro unlocking such an ability when he was on the verge of death against Mr 1. We know for sure Luffy has the full on ability even if he is unaware.

I don't know how, I don't know why, but I think there is a literal entity of some kind attached to Black Beard. What ever the hell it was at that meeting, Luffy and Zoro noticed this, but to them it was just another person hanging around Teach. Something like this would explain the casual nature in which Momo brought up Roger, he thought he really met the living breathing guy.

This probably sounds stupid but I think I just blew my own mind!

Every time Greg is on the podcast, it's a must listen. He finds so much stuff in the chapters and most of the time he's actually spot on.

Oda wouldn't throw out a line like "I have met that Roger guy too" without care. He knows what he has to do to throw the readers of the scent. Then, when he drops the bomb, people will be like:

cGcljXn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom