• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ooooh, that's definitely possible. I mainly want to see Bonney, but I don't think she'll show up again until Wano.

Lola is absolutely gonna be there, and perhaps Moriah and Absalom. Weevil has a good chance of crashing the party which would give Big Mom someone to fight other than Luffy.

Part of me wishes Sanji was marrying Lola, if only for the lols.

Majukun

Crocodile doesn't seem at all the type to affiliate himself with a yonkou,so i would rule him out
Weevil's presence depends on how "public" this whole thing was...he is looking for luffy but has no idea where he is...if the marraiage has been publicized and he knows sanji is part of luffy's crew,he might make the logical jump that his captain will be there and so go to the wedding..otherwise him being a shichibukai exclude any interaction with big mom,the WG wouldn't accept that
lola and bonney..they have no reason to be there other if the whole theory that sees them as daughters of the yonkou is true..but since i'm not really convinced by them,i would pass judgement.

i think we might see some of the ex-allies of the whitebeard pirates though..while weevil disposed of some of them,it's still possible that since the WB pirates are no more,some of them might have pledged allegiance with big mom now

Ray Down

Banned
Yeah the wedding guests angle is gonna be interesting. Wonder who will show up?

Hoping for a Crocodile appearance :D

Crocodile is actually the Bride, think about it.

Theory: Big Mom is Luffy's mom. Sanji becomes Luffy's brother in law. Big Mom allows Sanji to continue with Luffy because he's family.

I would say nah judging by this:
From an interview with Oda in the American Shonen Jump (December 2009 issue): "John Irons Asked... What was Luffy's mother like? Was she beautiful? What happened to her? Did she die when Luffy was a baby? Sensei Answered... I think she's alive. I'm still thinking very hard about this. [Laughs] But if she does appear in the story, then she'll be a very tough-looking woman. And strict. There's no way she's a beautiful mother. She's got this typical middle-aged woman's permed hair..."

Big Mom was already introduced and appeared in some way in the story by then, although Oda could be talking about Dadan here (Though she is known as Curly Dadan?)

I swear Oda has said a little bit more on her but someone else could chime in if they find something.

Majukun

PSA: seems that the VIZ translation differes from the MS/MP ones regarding the new wapon for nami..in the viz version there's no allsusion to a "device" that usopp hasn't managed to put in the new sorcery clima tact..instead,quoting the guy who reported this on arlong park

Usopp says in Mangastream that he managed to "put almost all of [the Weatherian devices] in there, save for one. The magic wand you told me about on Sabaody...I couldn't really wrap my head around it", and Nami's flashback bubble said "It's a magic wand!" This made it sound like she gave him a wand that he couldn't figure out how to include. VIZ phrases it: "I implemented all of the Weatheria devices that you gave to me. The only thing is, I don't know what you meant on Sabaody when you said you wanted a magic wand, so that'll...depend on you?" (The "depend on you" part is in his speech bubble in the next panel, instead of "What have I unleashed?"), and Nami says "Just like a magic wand", so I think she was really saying that there was something else she wanted the Clima-Tact to be able to do, rather than another device she wanted Usopp to include.

PSA: seems that the VIZ translation differes from the MS/MP ones regarding the new wapon for nami..in the viz version there's no allsusion to a "device" that usopp hasn't managed to put in the new sorcery clima tact..instead,quoting the guy who reported this on arlong park

Hmm that's quite the change.

And there is no way Big Mom is Luffy's mother. Or else, I am underestimating Dragon's bravery.

Yeah that panel did seem weird in MS. Glad it's cleared up.

Big Mom is Crocodile's mom
Watch this be Crocodile's secret.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I totally forgot about Croc and his secret.

I wonder when he's going to return. After Wano? During Wano?

GhostBed

Trying to work out where Crocodile would fit into the new world, the thing that makes most sense to me is that he would be working under Blackbeard.

Croc is too much of a lone wolf to work under Black Beard. He's probably gotten stronger is these past few years and refocused his goals. I figure he's now after someone/something in the New World to regain his fame and power. As of now, he's washed up and you know that isn't sitting well with him.

Croc is too much of a lone wolf to work under Black Beard. He's probably gotten stronger is these past few years and refocused his goals. I figure he's now after someone/something in the New World to regain his fame and power. As of now, he's washed up and you know that isn't sitting well with him.

Everyone in the new world has join a big player or constantly fight against them. Crocodile would have to fly way under the radar. If he was just going to train it would be easier for him to do it in paradise.

Everyone in the new world has join a big player or constantly fight against them. Crocodile would have to fly way under the radar. If he was just going to train it would be easier for him to do it in paradise.

I think, like Kuzan, we would know if Croc-boy was working under BB at this point. Who knows, maybe he's even under Shanks.

I think, like Kuzan, we would know if Croc-boy was working under BB at this point. Who knows, maybe he's even under Shanks.

The question is what did Crocodile see at the paramount war that made him want to return to the new world. It wasn't Doffy/Kaidou. Big Mom wasn't there. Maybe it was Blackbeard, Shanks or even Ivankov reminding him of his past. Possibly he even decided to go there to wait for Luffy.

The question is what did Crocodile see at the paramount war that made him want to return to the new world. It wasn't Doffy/Kaidou. Big Mom wasn't there. Maybe it was Blackbeard, Shanks or even Ivankov reminding him of his past. Possibly he even decided to go there to wait for Luffy.
Good point, maybe it's Whitebeard related and will tie into the Retrieve Marco team's story? They could also go into why Crocodile fought him in the first place which I can't remember if there's a story there or not.

I still think Kuzan has some other motive with joining up with BB
Ditto. There's something he has to do that's anti-WG but then ya gotta wonder why he didn't join the Revs instead.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
tumblr_mh75n3kntp1s20bydo1_500.gif

Suna_Suna_no_Mi.gif~c200

tumblr_n9qti9rnjr1txuk73o1_500.gif

Croc is one of my fav anime characters. I love how he's a ruthless snake when we first see him and then later becomes a bit humanized during Impel Down - while remaining a general asshole, of course. The one two punch of Croc - Enel was like the best villain gambit ever. And then it led right into Aokiji. Man, Arabasta -> Water 7 was really something else.

Good point, maybe it's Whitebeard related and will tie into the Retrieve Marco team's story? They could also go into why Crocodile fought him in the first place which I can't remember if there's a story there or not.

Yeah he wasn't even really interested in leaving impel down until he realised he could fight Whitebeard so it doesn't seem to be in his character to move randomly.

There was the grudge between Gekko Moriah and Kaidou as well. Probably he will come back relatively soon.

Jarate

Banned
Crocodile is totally gonna join the Strawhat alliance. Im assuming for nefarious reasons or to help himself, but there's no way he'd put his trust into someone else.

Also, what's everyone's thought process on Vivi coming back.

Imagine if we get Don Krieg too come back too lol, theres a lot of villains still left who we haven't touched on in years.

SolVanderlyn

Crocodile is the Vegeta of One Piece

This is why no one should ever rely on scanlations as gospel.

Cwarrior

One of many reasons I love impel down arc is it's switch up the dynamics by having luffy team up with old villains like buggy,crocodile,mr 2, mr3 and daz bones, instead of his regular crew mates.

Ray Down

Banned
Crocodile has my support for 10th nakama.

Jinbe people, he is the tenth.

Not only that I doubt Luffy and/or the crew would want him on considering what he did, the Marieford/Impel Down was a special circumstance.

Crocodile is the Vegeta of One Piece

Nah, Croc isn't really a villain turned rival turned friend, the closet person to Vegeta in OP would be Law maybe Kidd depending how things go.

I still see the possibility of an ally but it all depends on what the hell hes doing.

Plus, you better watch out Blackleg soon Jinbe will replace you in the monster trio.

Crocodile is totally gonna join the Strawhat alliance. Im assuming for nefarious reasons or to help himself, but there's no way he'd put his trust into someone else.

Also, what's everyone's thought process on Vivi coming back.

Imagine if we get Don Krieg too come back too lol, theres a lot of villains still left who we haven't touched on in years.

Vivi is back because the the meeting, at said meeting I imagine Luffy will be a big topic and it will be ousted that she was apart of them, something happens that causes them to get in trouble and Alabasta becomes on of Luffy's territories. While she is an unofficial member of the crew she won't be joing she will be an important ally.

Vivi is even weaker then Usopp and probably hasn't trained at all to be a fighter in the new world, doesn't serve a real purpose on the crew and I doubt she would abandon her people.

I don't expect much of the EB villains to appear out side of Buggy since he is one of Odas faves, he basically Emperor Pilaf in that hes great for comedy but actually competent plus he has a connection to Roger and Shanks.

Ditto. There's something he has to do that's anti-WG but then ya gotta wonder why he didn't join the Revs instead.

I suspect there's something he wants that pirates might get closer to, i.e. towards Raftel. The Rev. Army doesn't give me the impression that they do that sort of exploration, so Kuzan wouldn't be able to get as far down the Line (as it were) to get what he's after.

GhostBed

Does any yonkou have a grudge against Croco? With Whitebeard out of the picture, it seems like he could sail the seas fairly unnoticed for a while. He's crafty, he could evade detection for a while.

I suspect there's something he wants that pirates might get closer to, i.e. towards Raftel. The Rev. Army doesn't give me the impression that they do that sort of exploration, so Kuzan wouldn't be able to get as far down the Line (as it were) to get what he's after.
Definitely, I would guess it's relating to the Road Poneglyphs.

Majukun

Vivi is back because the the meeting, at said meeting I imagine Luffy will be a big topic and it will be ousted that she was apart of them, something happens that causes them to get in trouble and Alabasta becomes on of Luffy's territories. While she is an unofficial member of the crew she won't be joing she will be an important ally.

Vivi is even weaker then Usopp and probably hasn't trained at all to be a fighter in the new world, doesn't serve a real purpose on the crew and I doubt she would abandon her people.

I don't expect much of the EB villains to appear out side of Buggy since he is one of Odas faves, he basically Emperor Pilaf in that hes great for comedy but actually competent plus he has a connection to Roger and Shanks.
alabasta can't become a territory of luffy, first because he is not a yonkou yet and has no way to 'protect' anything after the grand fleet becomes more 'official'
second, you can't get territories in paradise, that part is strictly in the hands of the wg, only in the new world, where it's control is limited the yonkou system can happen and a pirate can rule as an 'emperor' with territories

Firestorm

alabasta can't become a territory of luffy, first because he is not a yonkou yet and has no way to 'protect' anything after the grand fleet becomes more 'official'
second, you can't get territories in paradise, that part is strictly in the hands of the wg, only in the new world, where it's control is limited the yonkou system can happen and a pirate can rule as an 'emperor' with territories
man you're throwin' out rules like luffy gives a fuck

Does any yonkou have a grudge against Croco? With Whitebeard out of the picture, it seems like he could sail the seas fairly unnoticed for a while. He's crafty, he could evade detection for a while.

This isn't paradise. No matter who you are you are supposed to be constantly harassed unless you are protected by a Yonko. His reputation alone wouldn't help him but would make it hard for him to be unnoticed.

I can see Croco-boy allying with Blackbeard after the raid on the Revolutionary base (successful or not) since he probably wants any chance to take out Ivankov and keep his secret a secret. Plus having an ex-admiral and ex-shichibukai on the Final Bosses team just sounds right.

Majukun

I can see Croco-boy allying with Blackbeard after the raid on the Revolutionary base (successful or not) since he probably wants any chance to take out Ivankov and keep his secret a secret. Plus having an ex-admiral and ex-shichibukai on the Final Bosses team just sounds right.
Croco would never serve under another.. he didn't even want to be an ally on equal terms with doflamingo

Kater

Banned
One of many reasons I love impel down arc is it's switch up the dynamics by having luffy team up with old villains like buggy,crocodile,mr 2, mr3 and daz bones, instead of his regular crew mates.
Yeah, was a lot of fun to read. Lots of old faces returning that we haven't seen in years. And then the climax when they all break out and make their way to Marineford HQ, still tears in their eyes from Bon Clay's sacrifice.

Does he say somewhere that he wants to end Ivankov for knowing Croc's secret? Also, why would he ally himself with Blackbeard for that? Blackbeard is probably not the one that will fight with the Revolutionary Army, he'd have to ally himself with the Marines for that and I don't know if he would want that and if Akainu would even agree to that.

RomanceDawn

Aokiji is working with Black Beard but I guarantee you it's not as one of his 10 mega captains that will eventually be opposite each Straw Hat. His words to Smoker were sincere and clear that he is still on the side of justice but he is going about it in a much different way. He seemed to be telling Smoker to warn Akainu about about Doflamingo and Kaidou gearing up to start some massive war. He's still good and probably reluctantly working with Teach because he can get certain things done with him.

Aokiji is working with Black Beard but I guarantee you it's not as one of his 10 mega captains that will eventually be opposite each Straw Hat. His words to Smoker were sincere and clear that he is still on the side of justice but he is going about it in a much different way. He seemed to be telling Smoker to warn Akainu about about Doflamingo and Kaidou gearing up to start some massive war. He's still good and probably reluctantly working with Teach because he can get certain things done with him.
Agreed.
Just reread Robin's flashback and he's definitely got something in mind. He's like Smoker and Fujitora stickin it to the WG.

Ray Down

Banned
So what do yall thing will happen this chapter?
-Luffy and co shenanigans on the ship as they leave
-The leaving of team B and C
-More of the world building being shown
-Switching to WCI to see Sanji's corpse since he died of shock and blood loss from looking at his "wife"

Sanji will appear, since this is the chapter 823 (I hope)

Maybe we'll have scenes from worldwide leaders preparing to the Reverie.

Luffy and co. need to develop some sort of plan or strategy, not sure if the chapter will show that.

So what do yall thing will happen this chapter?
-Luffy and co shenanigans on the ship as they leave
-The leaving of team B and C
-More of the world building being shown
-Switching to WCI to see Sanji's corpse since he died of shock and blood loss from looking at his "wife"
-Page with Vivi discussing the Reverie, quick shots foreshadowing those who will attend
-Update on Fujitora/Sengoku
-(Possibly) update on BB/Revos or Weevil
-Luffy and co. discover Carrot aboard the ship and set sail
-Jack is alive and follows them
-Chapter ends with Whole Cake island tease showing Big Mom or Sanji

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom