• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majukun

we will probably switch to sanji and what is happening at whole cake island,but before we will see luffy's group depart and we will get a bit of info about how they intend to approach the situation

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Jack. Wow. The guy doesn't die.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Oh, I mistook Cloud's post for spoilers. My bad

Oh, I mistook Cloud's post for spoilers. My bad
predictions king
white-kid-dance-club.gif

No!

i like this. jack clings to the going merry and arrives at whole cake island. jack gets obliterated by big moms top pirates. kaidou retaliates and luffy takes advantage of the chaos that ensues.
Then Jack goes to Wano and gets obliterated again by the Strawhats, and it keeps going on and on and on

Is it too late to even try and catch up. I last left off on about Vol 19 or so. What's the best way to catch up?
Never too late to catch up, and it's the perfect time to jump in. I would encourage you to check out the official release, not sure if you have access to all the One Piece scans with the subscriptions. Otherwise, there are scanlation sites out there you can look into. PM me for details if you need them.

I still say Carrot is a traitor, whether intentionally or unintentionally.
You mean she's the one who leaked the info? Why do you think so?

Majukun

i like this. jack clings to the going merry and arrives at whole cake island. jack gets obliterated by big moms top pirates. kaidou retaliates and luffy takes advantage of the chaos that ensues.

even if alive or even conscious,jack can't swim

GhostBed

Jack is gonna come back in a huge way and totally wreck somebody to make up for his string of defeats.

As for next chapter, I expect a few more setups around the world involving the reverie, followed by meeting up with Sanji on Whole Cake Island as we get a tease on his current situation. Finally, we'll meet back up with Luffy and co for the last few pages as they discover Carrot has stowed away and Brooke finally spills the beans on the Vinsmokes.

Far flung theory, but maybe Kaido and Jack have some kind of ability or device that prevents them from dying in water?

My only basis for this is Kaido not killing himself by jumping in the ocean when it's highly likely he has a fruit. Maybe that's how Jack survived Doffy's convoy.

Majukun

Far flung theory, but maybe Kaido and Jack have some kind of ability or device that prevents them from dying in water?

My only basis for this is Kaido not killing himself by jumping in the ocean when it's highly likely he has a fruit. Maybe that's how Jack survived Doffy's convoy.

problem is not really dying or not,fruit users can't even move while submerged..so even if he can't die,he would still be stuck on the bottom of the ocean,unable to move

Ray Down

Banned

Jack could be a fishman and hide it really well.

If he lands in the water and still lives it would be the best explanation, he just be like Vander Decken and wait till someone picks him up.

problem is not really dying or not,fruit users can't even move while submerged..so even if he can't die,he would still be stuck on the bottom of the ocean,unable to move
Well by that logic they would sink and die. Maybe Kaido figured some shit out.
If he lands in the water and still lives it would be the best explanation, he just be like Vander Decken and wait till someone picks him up.
Could be. Idk, the only possibilities imo of him surviving are someone rescuing him or something deeper going on with surviving at sea that we don't know about yet.

Fishman with Devil Fruit can drown underwater. Vander Decken had to have a bubble of air breathe in it.

smurfx

get some go again
somebody still conscious on his crew just has to fling his ass onto a part of the ship. the bays for the mini ships the strawhats have is the perfect place to infiltrate and hide in. or one of them can have some sort of devil fruit that saved jack from falling into the ocean and hooked themselves on the going merry somehow.

Majukun

somebody still conscious on his crew just has to fling his ass onto a part of the ship. the bays for the mini ships the strawhats have is the perfect place to infiltrate and hide in. or one of them can have some sort of devil fruit that saved jack from falling into the ocean and hooked themselves on the going merry somehow.

are we talking about the same jack?

THIS guy?

who on earth (let alone on his crew) could "fling" his ass?
and where a man this huge could hide exactly?the bays are closed,you think they would notice the huge hole in their ship

marmoka

Banned
It would be painful if Kidd beated Shanks, and Blackbeard beated the Revolutionaries. Imagine if we don't see anything of those fights.

We know almost nothing about them, their strength, their past, behaviour,... So many mysteries...

They are very important in the series, and we need to know more about them. We only know that they are really strong, but not how much.
Shanks has the fat guy with the glasses, Usopp's dad, some more guys, and a great Ambition power. But nothing else. How did he manage to become a sea emperor?
Dragon has a mysterious power, can he control the climate? Or what happened in Loguetown was just coincidence? He has Sabo, Koala, the Fishman, Emporio Ivankov, and some more guys. We don't know much about the group itself, and their past. What happened with Kuma? And what did Robin do with them during the 2 years time skip?

So many mysteries...

All those characters I have been hyping for more than a decade? Oh yeah they all died while I was drawing panels of Luffy eating meat. You are never going to see them in action. Sorry!

I think it would be much cooler if Luffy and the crew eventually had to face the Shanks pirates for the top, and they win. The mantle is passed, etc.
Idk, Shanks and Luffy's promise was to meet again, not necessarily to fight. I guess it would depend on what is being passed down, because Shanks isn't the Pirate King and Luffy beating another Yonko would put them on the same level technically.

Majukun

Idk, Shanks and Luffy's promise was to meet again, not necessarily to fight. I guess it would depend on what is being passed down, because Shanks isn't the Pirate King and Luffy beating another Yonko would put them on the same level technically.

luffy stright up said that he intends to fight against shanks back in punk hazard

Syntsui

I hope Kidd ends up being crazy powerful and beat someone of the higher tiers. Luffy needs a good rival from his generation, he needs his WB.

Edit: Maybe Law is his WB, but they are way too friendly atm.

Chariot

I hope Kidd ends up being crazy powerful and beat someone of the higher tiers. Luffy needs a good rival from his generation, he needs his WB.

Edit: Maybe Law is his WB, but they are way too friendly atm.
For me, Black Beard is Luffy's Rival. I really like how Black Beard wasn't introduced insanely strong - he was certainly though, but he keeps growing and can take a beating. He also has a dream and follows it with his heart. His core team mates seem also be pretty good friends to him, at least he hasn't shown indifference or disdain so far and they follow him without question.

I really see him as an evil counterpart to Luffy the ever growing guy with the big dream.

Syntsui

For me, Black Beard is Luffy's Rival. I really like how Black Beard wasn't introduced insanely strong - he was certainly though, but he keeps growing and can take a beating. He also has a dream and follows it with his heart. His core team mates seem also be pretty good friends to him, at least he hasn't shown indifference or disdain so far and they follow him without question.

I really see him as an evil counterpart to Luffy the ever growing guy with the big dream.

While I agree to some extent, I meant rival in the sense of someone he actually fight and is a ''friend'' at the same time. Roger and WB seemed to have a good relationship.

He has his Garp, which is Smoker, but I don't see anyone being his WB atm. I think Kidd might fit in depending on how he is handled in the future.

We also don't have any evidence of fights between Roger and WB, they never had the same objectives too so Law may be Luffy's WB afterall.

Ray Down

Banned
He also said he straight up intends on taking down all the Yonko
Then he said he didn't want to fight Big Mom

Which is it Maju? WHICH IS IT?!

He wants to fight and defeat all the Yonko but knows there a time and place for that, fighting BM right now with Kaido breathing down his crew neck it doesn't make sense...even for Luffy.

Luffy says that he doesn't want to fight Shanks first not that he wants to fight him. It's just saying that he doesn't want to stand before Shanks until he has proved that he is an equal.

Majukun

He also said he straight up intends on taking down all the Yonko
Then he said he didn't want to fight Big Mom

Which is it Maju? WHICH IS IT?!

both?
we already know that he wants to take down big mom because she is dangerous for fishmn island,but they also explained to him why he can't wage war with everyone at the same time

Ray Down

Banned
He more or less implied it as well when he told Shanks he would find a crew that was better than his.

They'll fight for sure, in a friendly sparring type of way.

Yep, Yasopp vs Usopp will be really interesting. I hope its some kind of fight in a forest.

Do we have names for the rest of the crew that showed up at Marineford?

Cause so far I think we just have: Shanks, Benn Beckman, Lucky Roo, and Yasopp.

smurfx

get some go again
Luffy says that he doesn't want to fight Shanks first not that he wants to fight him. It's just saying that he doesn't want to stand before Shanks until he has proved that he is an equal.
didn't luffy tell shanks he would raise a crew that is better than his? that means luffy only wants to meet shanks when his crew is considered superior to shanks.

Metal B

There could be the possibility, that Kaido isn't the actual leader. The one scene we actually see him, he just didn't look so evil as the horror stories portrait him.

Someone could use Kaido as center figure to hide himself in the shadow. This person controls him and makes it impossible for him to die.

RomanceDawn

Yep, Yasopp vs Usopp will be really interesting. I hope its some kind of fight in a forest.

Do we have names for the rest of the crew that showed up at Marineford?

Cause so far I think we just have: Shanks, Benn Beckman, Lucky Roo, and Yasopp.

I don't think we have names for them but some of them could have been named in a data book but I doubt it. The cool thing is that almost all of those guys that appeared in that awesome Red Hair Pirates spread during the war appeared in the first chapter of One Piece. Maybe all of them, I just don't remember that animalish looking guy with fangs in the first chapter.

Too bad Rockstar wasn't seen then. After delivering his message to White Beard he made a tiny little appearance in the back ground when Shanks actually went to visit White Beard himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom