• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luffy first fought and defeated a Warlord forever ago, yet he kept fighting more of them up to his recent fight with Doffy.
Good point, I guess it just depends on how the story unfolds regarding the overall narrative (getting to Raftel) and becoming the strongest.

Luffy didn't need to beat every single Warlord to show that he was on their level.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Good point, I guess it just depends on how the story unfolds regarding the overall narrative (getting to Raftel) and becoming the strongest.

Luffy didn't need to beat every single Warlord to show that he was on their level.

There's only like two Yonkou he would ever actually go to war with. Either way I'm expecting a confrontation between both of them eventually unless the war with Kaidou is that long

smurfx

get some go again
ersQmOT.jpg

crazy how we got a clue about what was going to happen like 6 months ago.

Oxn

What I love is that we think of Dragon as this huge badass, but BB gives no fuck, and attacks anyway.

Ofcourse things are not as they seem and Dragon is fine, but i love the implications.

BHK3

Banned
It showed all the nobles arriving along with some preparing, so it still shouldn't be more than a day or two at most right? It said its hard for the leaders to get along in the first place so I doubt they would stay any longer than 2 days.

Squishy3

We'll probably focus on Big Cake Island and then arrive to an "in-progress" Wano afterwards.

As well as seeing what's happening in the Reverie a little bit each time. Probably focused on Straw Hats, Revolutionaries getting "wiped out" by Blackbeard and the Fishman Island relocation.

Dimmle

man, MAN

it's like Oda is setting up an arc devoted solely to the Reverie characters

also Carrot is great and I love this new crew

Lunar15

Have we mentioned the fact that Rob Lucci's portrait is next to Dragon's in the paper?

I would have guessed blackbeard was responsible, but I forgot that CP0 was trying to intercept Burgess. I wonder if the paper is implying it was CP0 who was responsible for the attack.

Also, didn't we JUST get a cover story where Dragon, Sabo, and Koala were reading about the bounty?

Have we mentioned the fact that Rob Lucci's portrait is next to Dragon's in the paper?

I would have guessed blackbeard was responsible, but I forgot that CP0 was trying to intercept Burgess. I wonder if the paper is implying it was CP0 who was responsible for the attack.

The way I saw it it was top right sabo, dragon then maybe kuma below. Then bottom left corner blackbeard.

Oxn

Also, didn't we JUST get a cover story where Dragon, Sabo, and Koala were reading about the bounty?

Was it? I thought it was Sabo with his hat on. Let me take another look.

Oxn

Now that im looking closely at the newspaper, does the picture all the way on the lower left corner look like Big Mom to you?

ckohler

ersQmOT.jpg

crazy how we got a clue about what was going to happen like 6 months ago.

Since I'm (relatively) new to One Piece (catching up quickly), can you explain what this photo is? I assume it's Oda's story plans. Also, what does each notebook say on the cover especially the one with the dragon and the one with "4"?

GhostBed

I'm excited for Luffy to cook the crew a meal. I really try to savor these casual moments at sea, they are so few and far between. I really want the whole crew on one ship again.

Really hoping to see some of the action that went down between BB and Revos, there's gonna be some end-game strength on display.

I really enjoyed the sight gags in the chapter.

You've got Jango and Fullbody fawning over Hina, one of the servants at Logue Town has a hotel shaped beard, King Riku looking displeased in the background,every scene with Carrot, Pekoms laying on the ground and sliding himself into frame....

and then you have this shot of Elizabello's castle. lol
DuNCJl2.png

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Since I'm (relatively) new to One Piece (catching up quickly), can you explain what this photo is? I assume it's Oda's story plans. Also, what does each notebook say on the cover especially the one with the dragon and the one with "4"?
They are story plans. I'm paraphrasing but the one on the left says "Big Mom: Cake Island", the middle one with the Dragon says something like "Revolutionary Army", the one on the right obviously says Zou and the top one says "Gear 4"

Majukun

They are story plans. I'm paraphrasing but the one on the left says "Big Mom: Cake Island", the middle one with the Dragon says something like "Revolutionary Army", the one on the right obviously says Zou and the top one says "Gear 4"

actually if i remember correctly the last one doesn't say gear 4,but it's something like "tecniques 4",basically that's where oda puts all the ideas for new attacks,fruits and their uses etc.

You're right. A lot of people thought it was for Gear 4, but the kanji is wrong. It's the fourth notebook in a set of attacks/techniques.

Although that doesn't mean any G4 moves can't be in there.

Dimmle

Could be sabo, but I dunno. Hair and hat look more like Lucci to me.

I'm gonna say that's Sabo since it's probably an article about the suspects captured or killed or witnessed at Baltigo. That and I can't imagine that the leader of super secret CP0 would get his mug in a paper even by accident.

Ray Down

Banned
Then if that really is Dragon and Revos book then maybe this whole thing is a ruse to lower the WG defenses a little and appear at the Reverie.

ckohler

Thanks! Very fascinating. I still have a long way to go to catch up to the current plot. So far I've seen:

Beginning -> Jaya Arc
(haven't seen Skypia yet)
Davy Back Fight Arc -> Beginning of Thriller Bark

I'm mildly aware of several major events that happen later (like with Ace) but none of the details. Can't wait to catch up to the current manga volumes. Seems like an exciting time.

Ray Down

Banned
Speaking of Davy Back, did anyone here see the special they did recently with Foxy?

Got some inkling to watch it and I'm wondering if its any good?

The most epic thing ever.

Oh, someone is GOING to crash the meeting, I feel very sure about that.

I'm actually expecting the final panel of a reverie chapter to be Dragon appearing and just standing in the middle of a long table in front of everyone. Then he gets to tell them all at once what he plans on doing to them and probably why he is doing it.

Massive freak out, Marines try a run-in but Dragon is gone and the Government is embarrassed while Cena horns play in the background.

inafking

I'm kinda surprised that Franky knows how to make den-den-mushi's. That's my Franky!

Changin subject, I didn't understand who was the guy that mentioned that "They will not make it in time for the reverie" (the Wano panels)

IIRC the one in charge of Wano is the Shogun since Momo's father was killed and Momo run away from his country. Is it too insane to think that he's the Shogun? I don't think so since he'd have no interest in what happens to Don Chinjao and Sai...

Squishy3

I'm kinda surprised that Franky knows how to make den-den-mushi's. That's my Franky!

Changin subject, I didn't understand who was the guy that mentioned that "They will not make it in time for the reverie" (the Wano panels)

IIRC the one in charge of Wano is the Shogun since Momo's father was killed and Momo run away from his country. Is it too insane to think that he's the Shogun? I don't think so since he'd have no interest in what happens to Don Chinjao and Sai...
It's Kano, not Wano.

Wano was always outside the world govt anyway so they have no reason to be invited to reverie.

Probably what Blackbeard wanted was the weapons made from the special ore. Already before Dragon was planning to bring together the leaders of the revolutionary army and do something. It would be honestly very surprising if they fought each other to the death and expect that to be just the sort of misdirection you expect from Oda. Naturally Blackbeard is really going to go for something that brings him closer to Raftel and Dragon is going to do something revolutionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom